(2011/05) May 2011

starfruit,

ya, i know the list is for taka baby fair but how u know the Isetan sales is on Mar 18?

apple,

oh...so she will be working with u for long ah. ya, better set expectations right from the start.

My tum tum also nt that big la but i put a pillow inbetween to cushion any impact and also i feel v uncomfortable with the seat belt directly across. so sometimes when doing turning abit troublesome coz of the pillow.

Lin,

the baby wipes u referring to is Pigeon? 6packs in the box type isit?

Wayne: it's the BPA free type. 240ml bottle for $9.45. They only comes in 2 sizes. The other is 160ml. I think abt $7 plus.

Val: the 6 pcs pack is the refill one. Not with box. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lin,

yes, i know its the refill but is it packed in carton boxes? Coz i recalled there was once they sold the refills in carton boxes of 6x4 and I grabbed a few boxes of that. I am hoping they have it this time rd as its more worth it.

Lin,

ok. thanks! I will just have to grab watever they have on promo nw. Its v hard to find the carton box packing now..and i can actually recycle the carton boxes =P

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well! It's been some time since I pop by here.

Re: maid

I would like to check with experience moms here. My indo maid has finished her two years contract. She is going back Tmr and coming back again in two weeks time for another one year contract. Pay increment of $100 due to new policy.

Besides the air ticket, anything else I shd pay or give her to let her bring back?

Val: u r welcome. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kristle: yup there is but I didn't take note of the bundle deal n the price.

So tired after the shopping. Feel like taking a nap.. Haha

Lolx.. I like so kiasu, my friend now at Taka baby fair. I keep ask her to update me the discount, price & promotions there. Seems like a lot promotion on prams..

ok i have the info on the bottle trade-in at Taka.

Pigeon

Enjoy 50% off a brand new complete BPA free wide neck bottle when u trade in any 4ox or 8oz milk bottle (any brands)

All trade in bottles must be complete with bottle, screwcap, teat and hood.

Early Bird Special

FREE goodie Bag exclusive to 1st 50 customer who spend $50 & above at the baby fair.

Huggies,

Free Vtech Push and Pull Hammer truck worth $39.90 with purchase of $120 and above worth of Huggies Product.

Free Delivery with purchase of $150 and above.

winnedy : rgd maid, you will reimburse her the airticket upon her arrival to s'pore. to safeguard yourself. as well as withhold her one month salary.

starfruit - wow..u r good..type the info out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I just read that on newspaper after returning from lunch.

wayne mummy - do u think that Isetan private sale will have better deal, since I noticed taka only offer 10% off Coosh baby; 15% off Aprica, Baby Bjorn, Babysafe, Ferrari, Graco, Medela, Mustela & Nania; 20% off Allerhand, Baby Bright, Cheeky Bon Bon, Enfant, Evenflo, Munchkin, Pigeon..etc Not very attractive actually..and these offer doesn't come with extra 10% for taka card holders too!

apple, haha yes i have the newspaper in front of me, starring hard at it now.. dun find any of the promo deal attractive to me lor.. hahaha.. not too diff to type here.. hehehe

apple, for Isetan private sale, I din notice for the baby item but I know for pigeon is 20% discount, aprica is 15%, a lot of other brand is 30% especially toys..this time round I aiming to buy toys only..isetan member gets additional 3% discount if pay by isetan credit card.

For ladies wear, accessories, mostly 30% disc, mens wear can be higher than 30% sometimes.

Wayne mummy - OK great!! I wanna grab some toys too..hehe

Anyway my hb ask me just stock enough for the month of May..coz after that will be GSS, he can help me to grab the necessaries during GSS(if I'm still doing confinement) where Taka member gets additional 10%

Hi Mummies,

Long time no log in here to chat liao.. How's everyone doing? Am feeling kinda depressed now after my vist to gynae in the morning.

Have been putting alot of weight on for the past few months that it's so difficult to control. I think I must try harder. I have been putting on 3kg per month for the past 2 months. Haiz... bb is now at 1.5kg and i'm in my 29 weeks +..am depressed not because I;m worried about weight gain because I know with proper dieting and exercise after birth, I can get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (as proven with my no.1) Reason why depressed is because I'm trying for a vbac this time.. and if my weight consistently goes up, dr. already pre-empt me that my bb could be 4kg at birth!! Gosh.. What if I end up having to c-sec again due to a stupid reason like I'm not controlling my diet and am putting on too much weight that cause bb to be too big? Damn low morale la.

Am contemplating how I should curb my weight gain but I really don't know how to go about it.

I suspect its because I have bread in the morning for breakfast.. the empty carbs may be what's causing my weight gain.. Also, have been eating cakes and fruits too but also not everyday leh..

Mummies, how did you ladies control your weight gain? Also, is it true that for second pregnancy, bb will come before the full 40 weeks?

elbarc, me me. i also go to MT A but seems like most gog there deliver in end of May, my edd is 5 May.

btw: anyone getting infant car seat? I am thinking to get one and change my boi's carseat to booster seat so more spacious in the car.

enxuan: think i put on lesser weight gain this 2nd pregancy, total about 5kg till now. i have feeling that i will deliver earlier this time? My 1st preg, i was induce as i was late for 2 days. but this round, the feeling different, got a bit fake contraction and pelvic floor feel like got things want to drop off.

anyone got these kind of feeling?

bubble pearl - am at Mt A too and EDD is 4th May. I hope when we deliver will not be a crowded day. hehehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bubble_Pearl,

Got leh you.. Aiyoh.. I also dunno leh.. This pregnancy can feel bb kicks more strongly as compared to the first. Dr. says its normal because the uterus is stretched ad thinner than before, that's why can feel stronger kicks. Anyway, I was induced 3 days later for my 1st preg. but cervix stucked at 4cm. My current EDD is on 24 May and I'm really hoping I can deliver sooner.

bubble : this 2nd preg, gain around 7+kg.. the last round delivered @ 37 weeks as during 35 weeks, cervix started to dilate @ 2cm.. feeling will be around this period too.. have been feeling slight contraction for the past few days..

emily, keke..maybe we will deliver at the same day.

enxuan: actually, i dun want to deliver earlier leh..cos i dun want to attend my BIL's wedding..haha..v bad hor? reason why: v tiring leh..cos it is a church wedding and i will have take care the newborn and my 28mth son, tiring leh.

Dolly, that time i never dilute till 2 hr before delivery and which is 2days +40 weeks. ya..now i feel v pain at times which i believe my little one is "elbowing" me.

bubble, i was induced on edd for my #1 too and this time i also think bb will come early. i think all our spare parts loose already thus can feel it more.

i have an infant seat for my BB, the elder one is still sitting on her usual car seat, cos that care seat can sit up to 7 yrs old.

BTW, my infant car seat is onloan.

enxuan, same as bubble, weight gain for my #2 seems a lot less as compared to no.1, maybe cos i am heavier to begin with. wha was the weight of #1? usually #2's birthweight will follow quite closely to no.1's

bubble : the moment i admitted to a&e, was already dilated to 5cm le, quickly asked for epidural otherwise can't make it in time.. me too, can feel the pain too as if it's going to torn apart anytime.. it's worst than the last round..

starfruit,

my no.1 birth weight was 3.6kg. I think I'm gonna cut out rice and bread from my diet and see how I progress from here liao. Anyway, we are all at our last stage already, no point getting overtly emo over these issues.

Could it be my hormones at play? Anyone having mood swings of late? On a brighter note, I really can't wait to hold my bb in my arms leh.. Another est. 10 weeks for me!! Jia you to all mummies

mummies, wanna share too, i finally got my confinement wine last night.. hahah hope i will be guai guai and finished the 2 bottles, i really dun like such wines. Anyone also ordered wines? can share recipes using the wines?

starfruit, my mil is making my confinement wine. Based on my last confinement, I know my mum will use the confinement wine to cook dishes for me and she will use XO to brew chicken soup for me as supper at nite. My 1st birth weight was 3.25kg.

hmm, maybe i go ask ard see if anyone have infant carseat to T-loan me, last time i loan from my friend, but i guess she throw it as she just shifted her place last yr

Enxuan, i also have mood swing leh.

dolly, wah, can feel the pain leh!

winnedy,

so long didnt hear from u. hw have u been???

enxuan,

my weight gain for #2 is slower than #1. also, most of the weekdays, I am having bread for bfast...bread for bfast is fine, so i dun think its the reason why it contributed to ur weight gain le...

Re: car seat/infant seat

my boy is on front facing type of car seat that can later be detached to bcum boaster seat. #2 will use infant car seat used by #1..prob is i dun i have much space to sit inbetween the 2 seats at the back. hahaha.

Re: birth

my #1 was induced 39w4 and 3.7kg.

i heard #2 usually deliver 2weeks earlier...i am hoping meimei can stay till edd or -1day at least.

enxuan, i was also worried about the weight gain portion..i'm also in hitting my 30th week mark tmrw..as of 28th week i gained 8-9kg but I think this month maybe more. bb was only 1.073kg but within healthy range. I also don't know how to control or whether mummies should even control. hang in there and all the best k? wanna try eating noodles instead coz i know that noodles releases energy slower than rice so it can last u longer. I wonder if my bb will be at least 2.5kg when she's due..=X

Mood swings not really for me. Not as bad as my first trimester..watch movie also cry like someone close passed on..hahaha..now ok..just laugh at everything and countdown nia..ahhaha...

mummies - I keep having the puking feeling right after lunch till now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] dunno issit due to my lunch coz I took nasi padang, indigestive or wat!! sigh

enxuan - which yr u delivered ur #1? I just heard a horror story that put me off vbac idea. My colleague's sis got wound ruptured while going thru vbac, she nearly lost her bb..but bad news too, now bb still at NICU coz of complication..already 2wks. Quite scary..she was quite upset and approached me the very 1st morning telling me don don try vbac I tot what happened..my gosh

Anyway my gynae also not very encouraging me to go thru vbac coz he said the risk is there and he has no way to help me deliver bb via emergency c-sec within 8-9min if anything happened during the birth process where wound ruptured..so I guai guai opt for c-sec :p

apple : try to have light meal.. our digestive system is slow now.. i can't afford to have heavy & spicy meal, will have reflux/gastric attack..

apple,

hope its due to indigestion and nothing more than tat. take care and try to a light dinner ya =)

dolly,

mayb coz of ur gastric issue thus u have to avoid heavy n spicy meals. for me now i keep wanting to eat spicy meal esp tom yum ban mian..

dolly & Val - ya hope it is indigestion. Probably will skip dinner and just drink soup. I get my maid to brew cordyceps w lean pork soup for me.

Eh..vv never report to forum today. Wonder how is she doing. She starting her 3 days MC today rite? Maybe bz shopping..haha

Emily, i am with Dr Adrian.

Val: opps, better dun early for me, my mum gog hoilday and will only be back end April ...if i deliver earlier..i will be jialat

Luckily all different gynae, i am with Dr Mary.

My mum also wanna go for holiday in apr and i told her to please postpone man. i can't manage without her.

Starfruit..thks for yr advice with regards to mt a. Was quite concern will they mention tat bb will b in the single room 24x7.was thking no time to rest if hav to take care of bb..n i dont know how to...now shall reconsider abt the single room.hehe

Hi mummies! Wentbto taka fair tdy n got quite gd deals. Too bad I bought my avents sterilizer already, they hv v gd deal this time.

Check with u all, do we need to cut or shave bb's hair during confinement or after it? Hw do u all cut bb's hair? V hard to mk him stay still right?

Hi mummies, I m dead beat, in town the whole day!!!

Five bubble pearl, I m also with dr Adrian, but do u feel tt he too 'Qing cai' already?

Val: wanna buy zapp but realize it can't recline le....yr boy ok with no recline?

Apple, who is your Gynae? Mine is dr Paul tseng.. I told him I wanna try vbac, he say need to monitor till nearer then see if possible or not.. In the meantime, he just ask me to control my diet so that bb will not get too big and that for vbac, cannot induce this time round.. Aiyah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If no signs of natural labour, then may have to c sec too

Angie: his trademark is "Qing cai"mah, anything also ok. I am Sk branch.

Mt A: u all submit the preadmission form liao? I haven't got the form from my gyna yet.. Kanchiong leh.

Bunnymum: how much is the avent sterilizer? I havent gotten mine.

Hello ladies!

Wow... I must salute all those who are SAHMs for the past few years. I've only just started and realised that I have no life of my own... No time to go online or anything at all! Siong... Bb now hiccuping. Heh... never ceases to amaze and amuse me.

Take care ya?

morn folks... !

Hi Bubble.. I am from Mt A too.. have not submit anythg.. hav appt with gynae this sat.. shall see wad he says...

Morning mummies!

Does anyone have a good maid agency to recommend near Simei or tamp? My hubby wants to use his relativr's one upon my mil'screquest but that guy is so slow! I m week 32 now and alot of pple r telling me better settle by this week if wan maid cm in before we deliver. Was thinking to let maid cm in ard week 37. His relative only call n describe the maid's data but nv send anythg. I heard for first timer employer better use new maids than experienced one? Is that true? Help ..

hi bunny.

heard that experienced maids a lot of pattern de and will demand for this and that. harder to control

new maids take longer to train, but my cousin say they easier to control.

morning mummies..

bunnymum, i didn;t shave my daughters hair cos she has sooo much hair at birth so cant bear to shave it all off. Its up to each individual, they will shave by the 1st month. Its not that diff actually i heard, just use a regular hair shaver can already.

bunnymum, how much did u pay for yoru steraliser?

bubble pear, the pre-admission form will come from the hospital not your gynae.

Angie, best to get one stroller that can recline fully for NB cos when bb neck not strong (below 6 mths) not good to put on stroller that does not recline.

for the zap, u can buy the massi corsi infant carseat to snap on your zapp frame, ths should be good for your bb till less than 1 yr old.

Back