(2011/05) May 2011

SH.. done the order.. forgot to compute for u.. so came back now, pls check if ok and i will trf to u. will u be going to the next gathering, if yes, can pass to me me there.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly, wha good to have a good lunch on friday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]i also bought a mini curry puff back for my tea break later.

i just came back too.. had malay food at my food court with the colleagues. Food was so so but company was good. bump into melody [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wah starfruit u are fast, I am still trying to catch up with posting..

I had yong tou fu just now as usual I can't finish my food, I only took 1/3 of my rice.

Hannah, my mum gives in to him mostly but if she really can't, she will take the soft approach or distract him, or else if he throws tantrum my dad will start to get angry and cane him de. Actually it all depends on his mood sometimes he will just scold us (he will say naughty mummy and then dun talk to me for awhile) instead of throwing tantrum. Early and mid this year there are certain periods whereby he threw tantrum almost everyday. It got better after July, after I got preg he started to get a bit bad in the behaviour. haiz.

mudppie, he is 4 this yr. Recently , he is rather rude to us. So sometimes we ignore him if he does it. But we will explain to him later if he speaks nicely we will do it for him, provided the things he ask for is resonable lah.

lol...dolly very satisfying for u....hahaha

i oso had a satisfying lunch...but most exp caifan i've eaten b4..LOL

melody, cun finish rice nvm...carbo..dun 1 oso ok..but ytf liao mus finish...LOL

icic...cld it b ur boy noes u r preg le..he wants more attention tats y he is behaving so badly?

melody110: Can discuss with your parents abt this? Coz the key thing is consistency in terms of discipline. If your mum gives in and you don't, he will be very confused as to what is permitted behaviour and what is not. I know that it is difficult esp if your dad's the old style disciplinarian type but it is rather important to do so.

I guess he might also be feeling rather scared abt changes that are coming over you, i.e. pregnancy. He prob doesn't know what exactly to expect but he can already know that things are changing and not necessarily good for him. So he expresses himself in the way that he knows will be the most effective: throw tantrum.

Maybe the next time, after he has calmed down, check with him what he is upset about and how he could tell you instead of expressing it via tantrums. And when he does what you have suggested, praise him for the behaviour and give him lots of positive attention. See if you can also get your mum to do the same.

Also, you may want to tell him what is reasonable and what is not. For e.g.: Instead of mummy cannot talk to daddy, let mummy and daddy finish what they are talking about, then we will turn our attention to you (A.K.A. taking turns). Make sure you praise him when he is able to hold himself until you're done.

mudppie, yes he probably needs a lot attention from us. dun know how he will react when he gets lesser attention when didi is ard.

Hannah, you are rite, praising him does helps a lot, he will turn into a sweet boy when we praise him. but it didn't last too long.. haha.. It is difficult to ask my parents to maintain consistency in terms of discipline cos esp my dad, he might suddenly throw me something like then dun bring him here lah. haiz. So starting this yr instead of putting him at my parents house when we work, we put him in CC. He wasn't that happy in CC initially and that could be one of the reasons he throws tantrum when he reached home.

Ling,

wah. choose nt to know gender. so u going to buy all the needed things in neutral colors first so if boy/gal oso can use.

u can try asking ur gynae abt the weight nw and see if he can give u??

mudppie,

praying for gd results for u =)

starfruit,

true true. i prefer the weight to go to the baby too...chubby baby nicer than chubby mummy aft deliver mah. hehehe.

meldoy, i was advised by a mummy fren who has 3 kids, when #2 comes, give #1 more attention.. #2 still a baby they won;t know and feel the effect yet. so impt to settle and reassure your #1. for #2, no need to spend so much time, they just need to be fed and change for now. hang in there.

serene, yr mil character really same as my mil... they can be very best friends.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Melody110: Ahh... Maybe that explains y also... Esp since children like predictability. Any change in their routine will meet with confusion and frustration. Anyway, praising is just one way to get compliance. It's important to note that children learn through making mistakes and they sometimes make the same one over and over again until they've internalised the right way of doing something. It sounds like he definitely likes the attention so make sure you catch him behaving well and praising him whenever you see it (e.g. voicing out his unhappiness instead of throwing tantrums) for the first few times. Then after that can start to taper down to occasionally... This will help you to make sure that he's not just doing it for your praise but also that he is internalising it.

Ling: I got personal interest in children and their well-being. In the first few years of my work, i made it a point to request to go for child management courses because i wanted to see more properly managed children. Then when i became a mother, i realised that none of us had an instruction manual about how to manage children and that we were picking up things from how our parents taught us. It was so difficult to be a good parent! That's when i had greater compassion for the parents and want to help others to learn how to manage their children better.

starfruit: I agree with you. So i'm also going to be more conscious about how i distribute my time amongst my girl and #2 later. How well i do it is another thing but the main issue is that i am aware of this struggle. =)

val, me, my hubby, my MIL n mom hv feeling is boy ...

my SIL is giving brith boy in mid feb, so if my is boy, then get the stuff from her .. keke

by then, my cousin's boy will b 10mth, can get from them also ... keke

save alot ... will jus get some stuff in neutral colors lah ..

hannah, next time, we encounter child disciple program, will consult u ...

lucki to join tis forum ... so many experience mummies to share info n experience...

tks, mummies...

Ling: hahaha... Sure! I may not have all the answer and i might tear my hair out when my #2 arrives but i will not stop trying, that's for sure... =)

Hannah, thanks for the advise. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I will try to catch his good behaviour more often now, haha.. I love it so much when he give me that cute and sweet look after I praise him.

starfruit,

true lo...#1 will feel the impact of the new arrival as compared to the nb...they will be asking for even more attention when nb arrives than now...

hannah,

next time can come to u for advises le =)

Ling,

hahaha. if boy then u can really save alot. dun nd to buy alot of new clothes, mayb just 1 set or 2 for baby showers etc. =)

val, me jus crossing fingers that instinct all correct ...

if bingo, save a lot ...

till now me stil no feel baby movements ... haiz ... keep tell baby to kick me... haha

melody110: ya, i know! I love it when they look so proud of themselves and what they did... =)

Va|: Heh... Actually, i think i had an even greater appreciation of the techniques that i learnt when i linked them with the age of the child and his/her developmental milestones at that point of time. So i won't mind sharing the things i've learnt when i can. =)

Starfruit,

Ya, heard that before too…..

Also heard that muz get bb1 a toy and give it to him when bb2 is out. So that he will feel appreciated & still being loved……they even say that tell him the toy is from bb.2 to him……

I’ve already bought 1 thomas train (his fav)……

RE: gatherings

You all are coordinating gatherings already! So fast hand fast legs….hee…when will tat be…! its hard for me to attend gatherings but will try if time n venue is ok…..

Ling,

I’m closing orders by 17th dec (fri) and items will arrive ~ 2 to 3 wks after this date. It should be in time if there is no delay by postal side which I got no control of. 

Ling,

when is ur detailed scan??

hahaha. dun worry, eventually u will feel the baby movements =)

hannah,

its gd coz u can use the knowledge u have on ur own kids and also the ppl ard u. next time my boy gives me headache i will come to u for help. hehehe.

sh..

yes. must buy present for #1 and says its frm #2. actually i am practising tat now. sometimes i just buy a book or small toy for my boy then tell him its frm baby coz he has been a gd kor kor and baby like him =) so far, its working fine =)

val, i had my detail scan yesterday ...

sonographer jus show me the head / back / heartbeat / blood flow etc ...

then doc say all look ok ... jus placenta low ... the rest fine ...

me now week 20 ...

stil waiting to feel it ... hope soon ...

sh ... wait for my balloon order ... hope in time for the wedding decor ...

Ling,

oh. okok. paisay...i forgot u choose nt to know ur gender thus u base on instinct. hahahah.

i was still thinking detailed scan can cfm gender hw cum u still based on instinct. hahaha.

i am eagerly waiting for my detailed scan to cfm the gender =P my gynae was smiling at me and asking me if i wanna know gender. ahhahaha.

Hi ladies,

Sorry to interrupt.. Had a brand new bottle of Clarins Huile "Tonic" Body Treatment Oil to let go. Improves skins elasticity and firmness to prevent stretch marks. Bought at $80 with price tag on. Pls Pm me to NEGO.

val: me too... see if its really 2000 gold for me this time or if its otherwise.

sh: thanks for ordering..i think i may have ordered too many..hahah but dun care. I will try and trf to you by this weekend. sorry for the delay.

my ger very sweet.. she go toy shop, she will point to this toy and that toy and say she wants to buy for bb...then she add on, bb will share the toy with her.. ulterior motive!! hahahah

starfruit,

actually my gynae oso told me the gender le...just left tat 10% waiting to be cfm during detailed scan then i can go on a spree~ hahaha.

hahaha. ur gal so gd lo. at least she thot of #2. heheheh.

starfruit : your girl's indeed sweet lei...

val : told my HB about your boi's xmas present... he's laughing away, saying that maybe you have to hang up your x'mas tree & presents on the ceiling... hahahaha

sh... jus send u pm for my order .. pls check .. tks

val, let the nature takes it's own course ... 20 more weeks to go ...

mummies, jia you!!

ling: i think mummy's instinct quite accurate leh.. heheh.

sh: i made payment already, was paying some bills, so just pay for the balloons as well. thanks. will arrange to pick up from u once he balloon arrives. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] payment details in your BP thread.

Dollyqueencess, Sorry didnt mean to advertise. Actually was tinking of sharing a gd deal. Cos MEV dun usualy hv salefor for theor new designs. Tot alot of us will b looking for maternity or nursing wear this festive season. Apologies if my post caused u inconvenience. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolly,

hahaha. thinking back, its indeed v cute n funi la. i tell u lo, everyday he will linger ard the presents and try to take something out. coz nw i put them all in those big plastic bags and tied them up so he cant really take out the items.

ling,

hahaha. i think i too curious and excited to nt to know =P

ya...another 5mths to go...

starfruit,

ahhaha. u ask her to share her current toys with the baby oso.

Hahahahahah.... starfruit, your girl is so cute! =) Whatever the case is, she did think abt #2 so it's worth applauding that effort. =)

val and hannah: when i ask her if she can share her toys with bb, she say no.. only bb can share toys with her. her toys cannot share with bb. when i ask her why, she say she is da jie jie and bb is a baby.. so her toys cannot share.. aiyo.. i almost fainted!!!..hahaha must teach her more before the bb comes, cos logic a bit not correct lah!.. hahaha

Starfruit, ur girl is so smart and sweet. hee. My boy asked my mum to buy a rabbit soft toy for him a mth ago, he said it is meant for mummy and bb. He knows I like rabbit. haha. I tot so sweet of him but when he reached home I said I wan the rabbit, he said "it's mine"....

val : hahahaha.... if you can video it down then show it to him when he's much older... he'll not believe it that he behave like this when he's young....

starfruit : yours funny too... sometimes quite puzzling where do they have these kind of mentality?

OMG!! I'm playing catch up with the posting. On leave today, went for PV interview for my girl and walk walk..

Later gonna go for my crab feast another round :p

hannah: thanks for the link.. i especially love this point:

Do not force a child to share. This communicates to the toddler that other people's needs are more important than hers. Encourage sharing as they grow in their understanding, and do so with sensitivity.

it's friday! weekend is here :p Merry Xmas shopping everyone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I was just curious Melody10 or Apple, were u at Dr Chan's clinic last saturday or saturday before? i met a nice mummy there also having #2 in May :p and our boys are conincidentally march babies hehee just curious :p

going for my FA detailed scan next week, eeeks....

As for the Jamu massage, do they come w wraps? i was thinking of buying some at Rustic Nirvana ,but if we have a better group deal, i'll like to join in too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple: yeah! I'm there from Wednesday to Sunday. How long will you be there for? So nice, your hb!

starfruit: No worries! I think we need to take note of how they develop so that we can teach them the right way. =)

apple - wow.. so good .. eat crabs...

i told hubby i wan to eat .. stil didnt see the crabs come home ... haiz... me stil waiting ...

sh - i had done payment n pm u .. pls check .. tks

Back