(2011/05) May 2011

Paulyn - u can try Dorothy Perkins or GAP. They shd have plus size denim. Or else can order online [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

paulyn,

ya..can order online...old navy size quite big. For me I wear those stretchable material during my #1. As the material is very stretchy and last me till tri 3.

Bras,

I wear mixed, wired and non-wired ones now. For my #1, I stopped wearing after I give birth (when BFing). But they sag after that… so now gotta wear wired to help push up… heee, but I still like wired ones better, more lift.

Maternity wear,

I like Spring maternity oso, their clothes are more comfortable and not too pricey. Any idea they got sale or not?

starfruit,

Do call up yr gynae and check. Do take care ya.

Any mummies here nt gaining weight yet? I hv a few frds who gain less than 10 kg and their babies r still v big. At least 3kg. Envy envy. I hv started gaining weight. Close to 2 kg liao. That is fast....

vv: really? did ur friend's gynae show her the "birdie"? I am expecting my #3. Doc saw boy with birdie at 17wk scan. I have two boys.. now hope my case will be the same as your friend's. U are giving me hope. :p

paulyn, try spring maternity .. .me usual size 16-18 .. found some pants at the harbourfront spring maternity .. very comfortable ...

heard harbourfront outlet jus come in more bigger size ... go n take a look ...

Re: gain weight

me scare .. jus last 2 weeks, me put on 3kg .. faint ... crossing finger baby will take more... but me nowadays eating more than usual liao ...

jerejoy & dolly,

Oops, i think i have gained abt 9kg aly... for my #1, i gained about 20 by the time i give birth... think this one prob the same.

How's ur lunch mummies? I have Padi Thai with tomyum soup... yum... plus bubble tea now.

Hello Mummies! Hope all of you are fine.

I have the following Organic Ergo Carrier for sale. It is recently bought from the shop the First Few Years. Used only once. It is in mint condition 9.5/10. Bought at $200plus, selling at $150 (price neg). It comes with the box and the instruction booklet. Interested parties, please email me at [email protected] or PM me. Self-collection at Jurong Point.

Ergo Organic Carrier Sienna Sunset with Stripe lining

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4849855.jpg]

bbpooh - I'm worried coz Sat going to see gynae. Must shut my ears, am sure he gonna nag on my weight gained [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bbPooh/Dolly/Apple

I gained about 20kg during #1 and took a year plus to shed them all off... :-(

Apple

Prata sounds delicious too. Okay ma. Once a while, eat sth not too heavy. I ended up having BK with my colleague & swing by John Little Sale to get some books/playdoh for my boy.

i forgot which mummy it was that went for the gathering last fri.. she gained 10kg already.

for weight gain, i think i gained 2kg but i am still in the negative mode cos i lost close to 4kg from pre-peg weight and still not back to it yet.

i went to ikea for lunch, had the yummy chix wings and meat balls.. but came back just now threw up again. its been so long since i went to Ikea for lunch!

I think I still gain 1kg as of weight measure last week. Maybe now 2kg liao. #1, I gain 12kg, shed off after 1 month but then slowly gain back 6kg while staying at home 1 yr..and it never went off till now.

vv - long long time I never take BK liow..maybe I'll take BK brekkie coming Mon at the airport before dep.

I gained 10.7kg during #1, and I try to gain the same for #2 as well. I dare not weight myself after my Fri dinner :p Sat sure super stress when seeing my gynae. I think I gained around 1+kg

Kekeke…

Lucky u mummies can still shed all the weight gained for #1. I still retained 5kg. But hor, I din really do much to try to lose it. This time, I will try to loss all plus that 5kg. My hubby aly say after this #2, I can go sign up packages to loss weight. But I ask if he sponsor, he kept quiet.

bbpooh u gain 9kg already.. me still at negative range.. picking up very slowly as i can't eat much.. this my MS going to follow me throughout my pregnancy.. but today kapoh measure my waist it now 37 inch liao.. larger than my boobs liao.. haha..

my first is horrible 23kg... although i manage to lost all during my ML.. but put on at least 5 kg cos once start work, cos no time to exceise at all.. the most is running after the active toddler at home.. keke

Starfruit

Maybe u over-eat? Are u feeling better now? Sip some warm water yeah.

Apple

10.7kg is quite ideal. I guess during #1, I ate too much liao and tends to over-eat especially during last trimester. Now, I try to keep within my needs/limits. Hope I wont have to shed another 20kg again next year.. sob sob. Dun worry about the "fri's sin".. Heeeheeee.. I believe wont increase much for a day or 2 intake de ba... Yup, I took the spicy burger... Now I feel extremely full. :p

Dolly

I cannot accept my own weight/figure after birth and felt very upset after taking all the "measurements"... So I went on a rather massive diet immediately after BF ended (5mths of BF). Perseverance went on for a year. I never have habit to snack in afternoon nor supper in the night (before/after pregnancy). So maybe thats why its a little easier la. But again, because Im too strict wz myself ba.. I think.

Maybe after this one, U try to be extremely strict with yourself. U can do it de!!

vv : haiz... i've BF for almost 10 months... so as you know after each BF, will get hungry easily... so keep munching during tea-breaks... that's why quite difficult to shed the extra kilos away... told my HB after this #2, wanna go slimming centre liao...

hi ladies, today's topics is on weight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm gained less than 8kg for 1st pregnancy... after delivery, instantly lose 5kg and thru BF, i was underweight that my gynae asked me whether i'm on diet.. but hor, after i stopped BF, my weight ballooned and doc warned me not to let my weight go above 56kg... so far for 2nd pregnancy, i hve gained abt 3kg liao (i think the fats all went to the buttocks as other parts dun look like expanded)... all thanks to the trip that i made that gained 1.5kg... my hubby gained 1kg and strange that my girl lose 1 kg during the trip

starfruit, u still hving MS? better dun eat too full, will be very xin ku...

bbpoohfamily, seems like alot leh.. my gynae sure nag if gain 9kg (bcos 1st preg got GD, so gynae will be more strict)... u might want to consider take small meals and watch out for high carbo food...

starfruit - issit bcoz the chic wings too oily. Sip warm water, u shd be better.

vv - quite easy for me to shed off the 10.7kg coz my #1 borned huge, and minus off the water..the weight all gone. I got neg weight when I bf for 17mths, after stopped horrible, balloon very fast!

Dolly

Ya, BF that time tends to eat alot. Thats also the reason why by 5th month of BF, I cannot tahan liao. I felt myself like a balloon... So gradually ss also dropped probably stressed. U try to cut down all the food intake after BF #2 first. Give yourself at least a year to do so. I remembered, it took me a year plus to shed off but u know, our hips already expanded. So somehow, another 1 more year to tone back my body. So, plus and minus also abt 2 years to get better figure than before.

If really no choice, then u do homework on various slimming centre. See which is really workable de.

Apple

Ya la. Once stopped BF, very fast de lo. Thats why I quickly action on massive diet after stopped BF to prevent ballooning more.. Haz..

Auroa

I think u are quite slim right? Whats yr height?

vv, i'm only 1.51m... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Auroa, you better than me liao..I only 1.43 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

wayne, i remember when schooling, i always tease by my classmates that i wun grow up... small hands, small feet, etc... so bad of them.. now i hope that my girl not as short as me... my hubby is 1.74m... hope my girl will be at least 1.6m... last yr U magaizine got published how to calculate how tall our children will be.. forgot what's the calculation liao.. think after i calculate my girl will be abt 1.56m only (okie, at least better than me)

Auroa, my sec school classmate even worse..during the yearly medical checkup, all the boys will gather around me to see how many cm I grow..usually is 1cm only..

Then line up, always first row..

I think that time the KK dietrician did a calculation for my boy..between 1.5-1.7m..I hope will be on the taller side..else short very jialat for boy leh.

apple, auroa, vv, dolly: i think i overate at Ikea, i had pasta, chix wings, meat ball and fries.. hahah too much right.

i also gained weight after i stopped BF, just kept ballooning and cannot stop. this time round, will watch my diet more.

wayne, pat pat... understand how u feel... my classmates also did the same esp when fitness test... they always tease me that short legs will not be able to jump far (the board jump).. me always kenna first row too... hope our children will be tall tall... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow can calculate height one for the little one.. i feel not accurate leh.. my PIL all not tall (<165cm bah).. but my hubby is 187cm leh..

first row good mah.. i notice last row student usually more rowdy and dun pay attention..

Starfruit, welcome back. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I also hope #2 is less active and more guai than his Kor Kor. haha. Now raining heavily at our side.

I think I also ate a lot during lunchtime, now my stomach is so bloated.

Talk abt wt gain I also gaining some weight abt 1.8 kg after my HK trip, gynae said I must be eating a lot in HK. haha. I gained like 5 kg after I stop BF and it never go down.

starfruit - I think too oily also, that's y ur stomach can't take it and u throw out all.

Try to limit ur food intake bah the next time.

Height:- I ever ask PD, he told me the child will be the in-between height of both parents for most of the cases.

apple/melody, ya lesson learnt won;t be so greedy next time.. anyway i still have MS now

melody, so gynae confirm its a boy? u not yet do your detailed scan right? when isit scheduled?

wayne, we can say hi on the 8th Jan.. heheh.

re: children height

I am tall but my ger is so tiny (she is 3 plus already and just hit 95cm only).. all her peers from my mar 07 group are all taller than her. The mar mummies tell me not to worry that since i am tall, she will be tall too but i think otherwise lah.. i am not sure if she will even hit 1.6 man. HB side all not tall.. my 2 SIL i think about about 1.5 each, tallest in the family is HB at 1.7plus.. think my ger got their genes! confirmed "jiao xiao ling long". i resigned to fate already.

Auroa, same same, I cannot jump too far..with short legs and heavy boobs..haiz!!

My boy is short too..4yrs old, only 96cm leh..ppl always thot he is 2-3yrs old..

he is K1 now but look like N1..

melody, I hope this one will be more guai as well..gor gor is too active. usually ppl say 1 active, 1 less active..I hope this one will be the less active one..then hor my friend is teasing me..scarly this one is even more active than the gor gor and the gor gor is the more guai one..I think I will faint..

starfruit..yes yes..we can say hi!!

I think girl if 1.5+-1.6+ is consider ok liao..but not for boys lor..both me and HB side all short..so the genes is there.

my boi at 23mth is 93cm liao.. lucky he follow daddy gene...

think for gal height not a problem.. too tall difficult get BF leh. haha.. but boi make them play basketball.. hope they jump jump then become taller.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Auroa,

My gynae din ask me to watch the weight leh, but every time he would guess my weight before i weigh and it is aways the figure that he estimated. So i think it is still within norm... haha

wayne, me 2 also wish no2 more guai guai too... yesterday attended my hubby's friend son mcdonald party.. 1 of the friend got 2 girls.. eldest is very quiet while the 2nd is very active.. let's hope ours also 1 active & 1 guai guai.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back