(2011/03) Mar 2011

Feelin abit sad.. Though i know shldnt lah. Bb not sleepin then my mum woke up (aka CL) then 'snatch' him away to sleep w her on her bed! Bb cot empty n I felt emo loh.. Me crazy hor? Then I go her room she ask mi to go back to my room.. Somemore say mi muz b durin preg sleep late!! I wan my bb back though he difficult to handle lah caz he v bad tempered n demanding bb

Baby bride, relax...good that your mum is looking after, rest first .. You still got a lot more time tomlook after the bb after your confinement ... Meanwhile, just sleep / rest first. A well rested mumybthen can ss bm for bb mah!

Babybride - YEah, like what tres said, u need to rest..

MY hubby also say cos i sleep so much during preggy that's why baby love to sleep during day time also...

Which is rubbish lor... PReggy time so damn tired and working full time.. Of cos nap whenever possible what... then he shut up...

HOORAY!!!!

I just latched my boy at 430am... Thought he wont be able to empty my right breast again cos of the lumps... But when i went to touch, it's soft..

Need to thank my lovely little sucker...

OMG.. So happy... Think the lumps are almost gone... cannot really feel it ( or maybe very little)

Hope they are gone for good...

Was still thinking die la, either need to bring bb to SGH to let the LC massage my breast or hire on ML to my house...

Either way also don't w work very well, cos if baby cry then die lor.. NO one to attend...

Up pumping too

Baby bride

Ya I've learnt to quickly catch up on rest when someone helps me. Initially if my mum or cl help me I keep wanting to keep Bb w me. Now if someone canhelp i quickly catch a short nap or pump.

I woke up w one side pain n leaking. Cuz my boy now latch one side n ko.

I was hoping to feed alternator breast each time but looks like breasts can't wait.

Nurse say may have to pump the side that Bb didn't drink.

If I do that when it comes to next feed which side do I give? I dun wan one side mostly pump n never latch..

I'm planning Bb first month party now. Feel so bad that I'm finding it a chore. When it was my first I was so excited. Now I'm worried too many people, tiring and Bb get exposed to germs..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Great Fel! Get your baby to latch more, he'll b best to clear the blocked ducts and lumps!

Anyway to answer your question, I had to wait a couple of hours for the nurses to confirm that i can go down but they called me a few times to check how I was feeling.

Sister sundri massaged for me at the breastfeeding room. No charges, all done out of goodwill and her kindness. Really sweet of her to go the extra mile to help.

Fel/limlim, my bb finally poo-ed yesterday nite.. reali a lot of poo... i felt so relief after seeing her poo. haha...

limlim, i think it's prob a waitng game waiting for our lil ones to poo lo... no choice cant do anything except to observe.

btw, where sell baby bjorn the cheapest overseas arh? feel like getting one leh... wat to look out for when buying a bb carrier arh?

mummies, just curious, could i ask what's yr hub's role when u're up in the night, feeding, burping and changing diapers for bb? When I'm up doing these, I look at my hub sleeping through, for some moments, I wished I could the man.

This morning, 4:30am, I asked him to help me change bb's diapers, he heard me, but lay stone. I was so pissed and flared up at him, not like I always ask him. It's just this morning because he's on leave today. Am I too much? Sigh!

Chen,

my hb dam 好命 de lor... my bb only wakes up once at night, either 3.30 or 4.30am... his role is to warm ebm for my gal... then he go back to slp liao.. and still can say he v tired waking up once at night. imagine we have to feed, burp, change diaper for bb, pump, sterilize parts and put everything in place... women reali 命苦 de la...

Chan

My hubby role? He stays up to watch tv, while I bf n pump. When I'm pumping in wee hrs he snores through. When I go check up he holds bag & pays bill. That's his role so far. Ok if I need go pee he holds baby.

Past 2 nites he thot room too hot while I was sleeping he turned down Aircon n I didn't know. Room super cold when I was pumping n bf. Now i have runny nose n sneezing cuz prob cold air hits my chest tummy n back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

If I'm sick I dunno how I'll keep up with all the nite feed lucky cl around for another week.

Chen my Hubby better life .. Can sleep when soccer is on can watch also ...

I take care of bb at nite 100% since birth .. No help coz I never ask for help tt y I do latching .. No pumping , no feeding ebm coz no energy to do so many things

My Hubby sleep in my elder boy room since bb is born coz sometime my boy wil still wake up once in middle

Of nite

N my girl wakes up every 2 hrs or so to latch .. Better than any alarm clock .. Mayb latch not so filllig... But I stil need her to wake up so tt I dun need to pump .. Just tt hope less frequency .. But i latch burp less than 15 min bb back to dreamland

I thinking will b giving ebm for last feed before go to bed to prolong

Chen, after reading all the posts. I realized I have a very supportive husband, he's the one who wakes up when bb cry in the middle of the night to feed, burp and change diaper. To ensure I have enough sleep, he brings bb out of the room so that I will not be disturbed. Even when bb still not asleep by 1am, he will keep the bb company til she sleeps while I go to bed first.

For my hb, lagi best .. Me 1 whole month +coming 10 days staying at my mum place.. His role is basically after work go pick up soup from mil there , come visit Me n bb .. Feed bb once before he goes back.. Usually by latest 10 he will leave my mum place n he goes home for his undisturbed sleep..weekend he will also come in e afternoon.. Ask him pat bb zzz awhile only he said tired.. Dunno after my confinement how sia when I bring bb home..cos for past few nites bb last feed always coincide with my last pumpmat around 1 plus.. Imagine if i have to feed bb, burp n change her before my pump, I think wake up at 1 earliest can ko back is 3..

Somemore depends on my ger mood.. She can really takes her time to finish her milk..

Can i check, am giving my 1 month old ger 100 ml..'and usually she can ko n will only ask for milk min 4 hours later..'sometimes her 100ml can dong 5-6 hours.. If bb sleeping, will u all wakes her up or let her continue to sleep even if if is way past feeding time? My mum n ah Ma always tell me bb zzz is better than awake n when sleeping, wun feel hungry de.. Is this true ?

Hubby role

He was better when we had only one kid. He would help out more. But nw w two... He takes care of elder one so I can bf bb in peace. Will only wake up to help if I ask him.

Last nite bb cry, latch, poo n repeat this cycle 2 times. Awake fr 3.30am till 6am!! Can u imagine the drama? But still my hb slept thru the while episode.. Sigh.. I'm a dead sotong today.. Damn shag..

Lil precious

Hws jav coping in sch?? Ever consider putting him in full day cc instead then u haf more time to rest?? Jia u ok.. I handle one in the day n two at nite oreadi wanna Peng sang.. I can imagine hw tough it is for u lor...

Chen , I am happy with this arrangment as from the start expectation are laid out .. He take over #1 , I do #2 plus he works , I rather his sleep is less distrupted though in weeken it's stil the same arrangement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But I am happy he took over putting my boy to sleep which is not a simple task coz my son doesn't like to sleep ie wil only sleep when super tired

I guess he does it so well my boy doesn't want me to put him to bed nowadays when my girl is taken care off

I only ask once when I sleep ard midnite n was super concus Liao n my girl started to cry for no reason .. So I SMS my Hubby "help me"

Chen i think u must set the expectation .. Then only if expectation not met .. Then disappointment ... But could it b in first place ur Hubby dun know ur expectation

Also coz it's #2 mayb .. They assume the wife is pro Liao . No need help :p

Coz I remember during #1 my Hubby did the night shift for some time

Hi Mummies!!

Been feeling emo for the past few days... emo abt caring for bb alone after CL leaves next friday.. emo abt pumping feeling so tired to wake up and pumping every 3hrly...

Having done 3hrly pump, my breast still gets engorge very easily... now my yield has increase to combine ard 200ml... I wanna drag my pumping interval but very worried of lumps... how? Then it seems like my left breast is bigger then my right breast... and I also realise my left breast gives a better yield of BM... but how to correct this issue?? Can some mummies help... very upset to see unbalance breast!!!

hohoho ~~ i'm sooo excited today.. i'm bringing bb to Orchard !! Hehe ~ Going to shop shop for awhile than pass the full month cake to my ex-colleagues... aiyoh... soooo kanjiong sia... don't know bb will guai guai anot.. hopefully she can be my little angel later.. =P

Allet

Bb sleeping no need wake them up for feeds.. Pls dun!! They will auto wake up n cry if they r hungry. If ur bb can last longer w each feed all the more better! So envy can last 4-5hours.. Shiok!

xiaofeizhu : Don't emo lah.. actually i also lo.. soo worried that after CL leave, i cannot handle sia.. =/ but mummy instint, we sure can make it de... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my CL leaving on Monday lo... i now worried, don't know night time, i can manage well anot lo.. hais... panda eye coming out soon... so sian ! =/

Angelia, my suggestion, take over during the night time from puting her to slp onwards... ur bb need to get use to u puting her to bed... else u will sure have prob... i start puting my gal to bed 3 days before my CL leave... she's now v okie with me puting her to bed le.

jia you everyone.. i've been pretty emo myself too... cried yday while ranting to my hubby... i just want to be bonded with my son that's all... why everyone is like snatching him away from me like that... wkday my mommy take care... wkend my in laws want to take care... then me leh??? i want to take care of him myself... is that too much to ask for? i know they want me to rest but i dun care... i just want him by my side... =(

had an arguement with my hubby cos of this... i told him after i go back to work i dun care! i want him to slp with me n with no one else... even if it means that he and me have to have distruptive slp and ended up really zombified the next day!

n i dun like it when i tell nicely to my parents & in laws something and they want to refute my views like so quickly... the feeling is like i dunno my son well and only they know it the best that kind... =( super upset ah!!!

ai yo... as i'm typing i want to cry again..

zenia : I always put my girl to sleep de... never let CL put her to bed... i do all the coaxing to her... than CL only help in the night when my girl is awake for milk... my CL will get the ebm and warm it than feed my girl... and if i'm still awake, i latch her lo... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lailai, me use 6-8 breast pads daily. Now almost a mth n hav used > 3 boxes already. Trying to ctrl now by ensure de pads r wet enough b4 Chg.

Fel, my ml : Safura, 8223 4031, $380 for 7 sessions. She's v friendly, she massages whole body fr head to toe. U may call her to inquiry de details.

Jaster, my in laws also always have views of how i take care of my child... and i always tell hubby it's our child, we will take care of her.. most impt is ur hb and u have the same consenses on how u wanna bring up ur child lor... in laws are older generation and they sure hav different views one...

Zenia - relax abt bb poo poo... lol... Imagine my boy never poo for three days... I was damn happy when he finally did his business... haha...

Allets - Your bb can dong 5-6 hrs, i mean that episode happens during night time?

re: full mth cakes

i took le precious cutesy 5... forgot who ask liao! pai seh ah...

zenia,

=( my hubby's views not in line with me.. i'm like a perfectionist want everything the best for my boi mah... but he said he thinks from the pt of ah boi... he wants him to receive love from everyone... so he's more than willing to let them take care of bb... but... i want my boi with me!!! sob sob... u know mengru too? hehee...

Yean- 3 boxes of breastpads?! That is alot.. I haven even half a box Of 60 pieces .. Now only use e pads when pumping cos funnel always seems to leak milk..my breasts wun leak unless i massage them.. So usually just wear bra dun need pads..

Sommer mummy- yes, maybe cos I give her bottle feeding so i know how much she drinks .. Full liao than can ko longer.. I can't stand bb not sleeping after milk de..so If her eyes big big, I will pat her to sleep..N my feel is tat when u pat a bb into deep sleep, they tends to sleep longer compared to letting them drift into lalaland on their own where they takes v long to enter into deep sleep n they nap more than sleep.. So bad habit of patting but as long as she sleep, i get to sleep or do my own things..Ok lah.. Also Maybe also when preg we kinda set e routine for her where after 12 we wun talk to my tummy so tat she knows is sleeping time ..

Amazing Miracle : You're welcome... Try put the position near your chest there and burp bb.. they feel more comfortable... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xiaofeizhu, it is normal for 1 side to yield more..my left side is like a living cow's breast lor...easily 150ml n more...left is 100ml the most...yah looks 1 big 1 small but it's ok one lar....your bb won't mind...

Fel- day or night.. As long as within an hour after feed she ko, usually can dong min another 3-4 hours.. If she dun zzz n widely awake, my this little alarm clock sometimes spoil de..'3'hours n she wan milk.. So objective is make her Ko!!!! Haha.. Nite time around 4-5 depends on her.. Like yest, fed At 1.15am n next feed is when she eh eh at 6.45am this morning..Now still zzz but got slight movement, i dun go near her or talk to her n she will continue to zzz till bathing time soon..'

Allets

Wow ur gal really can sleep at nite that's great!

Does that mean breast fed Bb wake more frequently as they fall asleep at boob? Compared to Bb who r bottle fed?

I'm contemplating expressing to feed soon but really lazy to wash n sterilize pump so often..

Same feeling as u Jaime [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey fel, allets, there are 2 schools of tots... in order to establish routine, you need to wake bb up for feeds..... but i think the routine way is damn hard to follow.... if bb get cranky, what routines?

We just wanna soothes bb so that bb will stop crying lor!

Dilemnna too sia!

ps: but it's a good thing that your bb can sleep thru 4 - 5hrs with 100ml of feed

jaster,

I was the one who asked about the full month cake. Thanks!

xiaofeizhu,

my right side also yield more milk, about 30% more than my left. size difference not very obvious lah.

Butter- at nite I will insist of swaddling her to bed to make her feel secured.. She will begin by sleeping in her cot than when she eh abit, instead of keep on waking up to check if she ok or pat her, will carry her to my bed n co-sleep w me.. Somehow maybe she can smell me or wat xos she can sleep better..

Allets - Wow... very good lei your bb can sleep 5-6 hrs at night... Means she's getting enough and most of her feeding during day time...

If it's my baby and the 5-6 hrs happen during day time, i will definitely wake my baby up... Cos i want him to get most of his milk feed during day time, then night time more likely to ZZZ more...

Butter> I latch 24/7 and RL been sleeping consistently from 1- 6/7am... She will sleep abt 9/10plus at nite.. Prob wake up at 1plus to latch a bit... Few min only.. The Ko till 6/7am...

Usually is I wake up with full breasts then if she fidget a bit I quickly shove breasts in... Lol...

So I dun think bottle fed babies sure sleep longer...

Agree that when fuller they prob sleep longer...

I've no pumped for 2-3weeks now... I dunno how much my yield and I dunno how much she drinks...

So long she can drink and sleep 2-4hrs... I'm not concerned...

I also dun need her to drink only at 3hrly sharp.. So I still latch on demand... She poos 3-4 times a day (massive ones) and sometimes fart and some residue comes out kind a few times.. But now if it's just a 20cent coin stain, I won't change her till a few hrs later...

Every baby is unique and has their own lifestyle (which we inculcate and train).. All their sleeping & drinking habits also differ... So long u can catch ur baby's pattern.. Usually no need to worry so much...

During confinement I totally Bo chup and dun care... I leave everything to CL.. Cuz she's paid to do it... I dun spent $2k for her to come and sit back relax ma...

So even if baby cries very badly... Maybe 1-2 times a day.. I won't go and attend to her... I'll wait for CL to do it... So even without telling her, she knows that if baby cries, it's her job...

Only time I'll attend to baby is when CL is cookin.. Then I'll walk to baby after a few min... If she's sleeping, resting, sitting, baby is hers...

If baby is hungry, CL will bring to me then I latch...

I dun bathe and change baby...

Only last week CL had flu... So she slept outside and I change baby myself at nite.. She eventually recovered, but hb missed his bed and since CL going off in a few days.. I just let her sleep outside.. (in fact think she rather Lo.. No disturbance... 一觉到天亮... Lol...)

My hubby life better after baby born.. He don't wake up mid of nites.. I latch on so he don't need feed.. He doesn't learn how to sterilise or wash pump parts. He doesn't need to do any housework since my mum here to help do..he doesn't know how to coax bb.. Don't know how to burp baby etc etc. Sigh.. He shld b happier caz more time to play games/ late come back also I no time to nag him

Angelia - Thanks... Tml I'm gg to try and bath bb while the CL is still ard... if not scare I cannot make it after she left...

Lailai/pooh bear - Feels better after seeing your post, at least I know I'm normal... but hubby got comment he can see some difference in the size... hmmpppp....

Huh.. U mummies got combined yield of > 200 ml??? Then I muz b super miserable.. I only hav combined yield of 110 ml at best for e morning one n tats after I missed pumping for few hrs..else usually combined ard 50-90ml.. I already 30 days Liao means my milk ss won't increase Liao right? I latch 95% usually remaining % due to super sore nipples.. I stil hav this super sore nipples loh n went LC Liao did e correct latching liao

Belinda.. U just had an infection right? Usually after tt ss will drop... No worries.. Increase pumping frequency for a few days n once ss increases n stabilises u can stretch pump intervals again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babybride,

ur combined yield of 110ml is pumping aft latching or pumping on full breasts?

me only 50ml or so rite aft latching. if baby drinks abt 70-90ml, den my total yield is abt 140ml only. also pathetic. duno how to increase supply liao. me 17days now.

Agreed with rach.. Diff bb got diff style n habits.. Once u know Their pattern n work around them, life will b easier..

Also ppl say bb after 2 months easier to take care cos older liao.. So for e time being, we just need to bite e bullEts loh..

Ebm- mummies, if i got Ebm dated 6/4/11 1 pm sitting in my fridge, e 48 hours almost up.. Should I bring it up to freezer to lengthen e lifespan to 3 months or should I discard it? Overlook this bottle n forgotten to bring up to freeze yest .. Throw v sayang cos its 160ml of Ebm..

babybride/L3x,

I'm 18 days now. Only 40ml after latching. Worse still my BB always hungry after latching, so still need to give EBM. My nipples also super sore & I saw LC, but don't seem to improve leh. Babybride, still can increase at 30 days (from my previous experience of exclusive pumping for #1).

allets,

from La Leche League site for milk storage:

•at room temperature (66-78°F, 19-26°C) for 4 hours (ideal), up to 6 hours (acceptable) (Some sources use 8 hours)

•in a refrigerator (<39°F, <4°C) for 72 hours (ideal); up to 8 days (acceptable)

•in a freezer (-0.4 to -4°F, -18 to -20°C) for 6 months (ideal) up to 12 months (acceptable)

Back