(2011/03) Mar 2011

Alice,

The pumping pal handsfree set is excellent! Once you get used to it, it's very easy & you can surf net or read or nap or watch TV etc while pumping. I used it for 19 months when I exclusively pumped for my #1.

I recently bought the supershields, but find they are so-so. Still prefer my Medela PersonalFit shields. Maybe because I'm not used to the supershields.

Vivien,

I also latch & bottle-feed. At night only bottle-feed. Daytime I try to latch. If need to supplement with EBM, then I bottle-feed also. But my BB very sleepy. Always fall asleep when latching. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

fel,

I occasionally show black & white picture flash cards to BB, maybe once a day. Cos I'm lazy lah. :p

Alice,

forgot to add that the advantage of the pumping pal handsfree set is that there's no need to take off clothes or bra when pumping. Just unbutton/unzip/expose the chest & unsnap the nursing bra then can attach the shields & pump.

Mimimo: 不敢当... I still haf lots to learn.. I'm still learning to cope well n also at e same time handle my irritating hormones issues.. Everyday is like a repeating lesson for me.. To do better each day.. =) but I'm really glad I haf quite a few frens here to help me thru n wadsapp w me.. To help me thru my emotions n make me feel more human. Hahaha

rach...wat diff with the normal sheep and the sheep on the go? u knwo whether same size..price wise quite same...though i dont believe in the music part..tot sheep quite cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lilprecious..very pei fu..i still taking life easy coz my mum still ard to help me..for another 2 more weeks..after tt i am alone with BB while #1 is in school..

i dont evevn put #1 to bed any more coz he want his daddy..so sad..

lilprecious..when u put Jav to sleep..wat if the same time Jay making noise..then how?

activity for bb..shoppping!!! ..just joking..

i just play somme music ...or chinese kiddy songs for her for the time being..

rach the longest my girl sleep is 3 hour...my fren suggest i give EBM full full so that she can knock off longer at nite...

i haven tried coz i haven introduce bottle :p...soon soon...but i tot even ebm or bm..easily digest wil wake up more times..

i am ok..if she wake..latch n knock off all in 10-15 min plus i also wanna clear breast..no need to pump..

i only dont like when she latch , sleep while burping..then put in bed.she starts to grunt grunt but no cry...i cant sleep hearing her make those noise lor..

JAM: my no 1 was still breech at 38.5 weeks n I had a csect too.. He never turned down.. Breech through the whole pregnancy. His head very round n ok leh, did your doc say tt ur baby head is due to being breech?

Jaime: when I put no1 to sleep n my Hb Nt home I let no 2 cry lor.. Sometimes I give paci before I go to

Put Korkor to sleep but at times she still spits it out n cries. Then I tell Korkor must quickly sleep cuz meimei needs me too. But I don't leave him n go to soothe her cuz he'll surely follow me n I'll have to start sleepyfying him all over again!

2ks.. Empire not bad ya?! Only fried stuff a bit oily.. :p

Btw, any mummies put lansinoh millbag in bottle warmer before? It's ok ya? I put medela milkbags n it's ok so just checking..

Things to do w baby:

I massage twice a day before bath n before sleep at night

Let her play w hanging toys in cot.. She will swat n kick at toys

I read to her n Korkor at same time

Go fr walk

Talk n sing to them.. Sometimes I pLay music n hold bb close n dance ard..

hey mummies, im from feb thread ..noticed some of ya babies also slp halfway will wake up makenoise...ani ideas why ? i cant figure out why..recently she been like this...ard 4-5 plus..keep mking sounds..sometimes close eyes..sometimes open eyes...

any mummies have expereinced and get it solve can teach me ? =)

Amazing Miracle : maybe got wind in bb, you can try carry bb and burp bb awhile.. Than bb will sleep soundly... My girl also will keep on "eheheh" in the night than i just carry her and patpat on her back... Than she sometime will burp out.. After burp, she will dose off soundly... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fel my ML contact: Madam Suria Hp: 97954574. But she only does for the west ppl coz she stays at west. She will have other network for other areas. U can call her to check who will be your ML according to your location.

Won_mummy, my boy has colic so anywhere also can't sleep well. Last night was so good, everything smooth n no cranky from him but this morning starts again! Keep wanting me to carry n pat n soothe him then he will sleep but once I put him down he will fuss n cry again! Try to use Pupsik to carry him so that I can go do my house work but he doesn't want to be sling! Faint... So just now I like super woman.. Wash bottles n pump parts must wash abit then ran to shake sarong, talk to him, pretend I am always beside him then ran back to continue my washing. Drying of clothes also same. Must go in n out of house a few times just to dry my laundry. I haven't even cook my lunch n I feel so tired n sleep now. Felt like just skip my lunch, yawn... 1pm my boy needs to drink milk again...

Annie : try to eat something.. Mai skip lunch lah.. You need the food for your body to have milk supply and energy to look after your boy leh.. Eat abit kk.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JAM/pinkpink

i too had csect cos bb in breech... her head round round leh... np... only thing pd say becos she's in breech, her hip bone nv have too much room to move ard so the placement not so good... my bb still under follow up staus with the ortoho at KKH lo...

Pinkypink/ zenia

Thanks for sharing! My bb hips ok but PD is a little concerned about the head. I have been letting her use the donut pillow so she is not able to to turn to the sides to sleep. Hopefully this will help to round her head. Now when put her on flat surfaces, her head will be turned to the side cos the back is too long. Her chin will be very close to her chest when she lies on her back.

Bb did not turn throughout the pregnancy too. Didn't know there are so many concerns about breech babies' physique!

L3x, oh, I can so understand the 4 poo in 4 hours situation! Happened before! My bb also like to poo when drinking milk. Next time will she need to eat or drink then can poo? Hope not!

JAM, try to massage massage her head everytime u carry her... will help leh, don worry lar... now they still small, got plenty of room for improvement de.

yah, i din know bb in breech also might have hip prob too... now my gal's insurance kanna rejected by ntuc somemore... sigh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Annie - Thanks...

I will observe for now... Hope can get my boy to suck out the lumps...

If still canot then no choice gotta hire a ML liao...

How much u paid huh?

Annie,

we hav the same ML! Haha.. But my massages finished on Monday Liao. Now up to me to massage my lumps myself.

Fel, since u delivered at SGH and is a staff there, call ward 53A to ask for help. The nurses are very helpful.. Sister Sundri, sister Liao.They helped me a lot I went down last sat for urgent help... Even tho i delivered 7 weeks ago. And my blocked duct was then cleared. I'm so thankful to them.

Fel, my ML charges $50 per session. Massage full body (head to toe), including breasts.

L3x, Madam Suria really good right? She's a very nice to chat with lady n she's so experience in motherhood. I always enjoy my massage session chatting with her, telling her my problems then she will give me her advice.. Her binding also power, I just took 7 sessions with her n my tummy almost flat le..

Halo fel

for your hot compress, did u use really hot water to wet the towel etc.? mayb u can also try massaging the lump while lying down. best is to get your hubby to do it for you. n when u pump, move the funnel from left to right (diff angles) so that it can suck the milk out. i managed to ease my lump at the bottom of my left breast that day when it was getting all warm and red by doing that - tilting the funnel at an angle. if still doesn't work, like what 1 of the mummies said, after pumping, massage the area again with hot towel n use your fingers to push the lump to the nipple. that's what i do.

u can try Rach's ML - she may be available tomorrow coz i cancelled my session as i'm nursing a sore throat and cold. PM me if you want her no.

Hi Vivien

I bottle fed my baby for 2-3 weeks and i tried latching him last week n he did! maybe coz he was hungry. so perhaps u can try to let your baby latch on when he/she is hungry. if u r worried the baby didn't drink enough, fed him/her some milk after latching.

anyone has good lobangs on cupcakes for full month. Looking for cupcakes to bring to office for sharing.

aiyo. has the discussion on full month cakes over already?

BabyG - Thanks... You just went down to w53a like that? Did you give them a call before hand?

Blueroti - Thanks for telling me... PM you alr..

Moshi, can i check wif u gers, if i put my milk in milk bag, and in a dedicated top compartment of the freezer, do i still need to put them in lock and lock container? Me running out of space.W/o the lock & lock container, can put more. THKS

I'm using like 6-8 breastpads a day! Anyone in the same situation as me? I'm going to use up my 2nd box and my bb is not even full month yet.

lilprecious: haiz...what to do..we can only depend on ourselves.

call your mum over when u feel lonely...

i feel u...that day my cl left i also felt lonely..

but now practically everyday so busy with everything, no time to think.

haha...i ordered tingkat for lunch already mah, so at night NO TINGKAT! i prefer to cook, so that kyler can take his soups too...then hubby will eat 2 bowls of rice when i cook...

pinkypink: ya..empire ok...but hor i find the food looks and taste familiar...like le xin caterer which i ordered last time...maybe from the same kitchen?

fel: i dont quite entertain him now lor..i am practising letting him soothe himself, entertain himself, otherwise, i got to keep entertain him leh..then i got no time for myself lor..

now wanna do my own things also no time le, everyday busy until almost 9plus then really consider rest..

2k - Wow... pity u also...

But really peifu u still can cook dinner lei...

Cook those 3 dishes and one soup kind ah?? So pro?

Kyler in CC right? So day time u take care of kiefer alone...

hmmm... I wanna order tingkat for dinner, but hubby don't like the idea lei... Sian...

saluate to all weida the mummies who can cope so well[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]..

FEL: PM you the message lady in FB..if you need..

Fel: ya kyler is in full day cc so he only back at 6pm.. Then got to attend to him. Pack his clothes etc..when hub around still ok.. But yday we attend to both of them under almost 8+ then hv dinner..

Yup I cook soup usually with 2 dishes.. Just nice for 3 of us..

Tingkat dinner think when I go back to work then I will order..

Today went ntuc marketing with kiefer pulling a trolley... Super auntie...

Tot tomorrow maybe go market with him..

Bb rabit: not necessary to use lock lock.. Ur fridge two compartments right, upper and lower.. Just use upper for bm la.., actually lock lock cant store many pkts.. But I using chest freezer.. Must pack properly..

Fel, I went down only when I got the confirmation that they can help me. I was really desperate last Sat cos it was a weekend, very hard to get LC and ml at such last min. Give them a call and ask.

MPJ Nursing Poncho

Any last orders?

I'm placing orders soon... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cloud B Sleep Sheep On the Go

http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Sleep-Sheep-Go-Soothing/dp/B000J6CDY6

I'm looking for cheaper sellers.. if any...

Tentative Cost: US19 - S$25

Est Shipping about $5-8..(depends on how it comes packaged)

Est total: $30-33 (estimated)

I've received some orders liaoz..anymore? else i'll place order le... thanks.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thermos

i need MOQ: 30

anyone keen or not?

Only a few PM me....

PM me for details okie.. thanks.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks mummies for the recommendation of ML...

BabyG - How bad was your lumps when u went to SGH? Can just describe?

Rach - Will pm you..

pooh bear/blue roti, thks for sharing your experience! Think I'll try EBM via bottle after monitoring her for one/two days to see if she's drinking enough..

Sigh, i now going through what you all experienced too - MIL & SIL advising me to give EBM; CL worst, keep asking me to give formulae milk and hint things like, today baby only poo once you know, her wet diaper only few time you know. Worst, when I latched baby, she like to stare at what I'm doing, imagine you're naked from the waist up, and someone keep staring at you. Think I will tell her tonight, does she mind getting out of the room..sigh..

pooh bear: 30ml v low leh.. sometimes wonder whether mi gal got suckle anything out or not, coz she always hungry even after latching... the lactaion consultant say i am underfeeding her coz she nvr poo n her pee is v little... so haf to supplement w bottle ebm or fm... n she now prefer the bottle coz she's v impatient...

Mummies: if i do latch n pump but pump at irreguar hours, versus do exclusive pumping n pump at more regular hours/ more times, which one do u thk will help in increasing supply more? considering whether i shd do exclusive pumping...

Vivien - Tell your CL off...

First few days is really monitor bb diaper output like a hawk...

My baby didn't poo poo till almost the 6th day, we were so worried, bt hor, that's normal for TBF babies...

As long as she is still peeing okay, not red colour or pinkish pee pee, she is alright...

JIA YOU!!!!

Boymum - ya. This morning when I try to burp her, a bit of milk came out from her mouth n nose. Scare me. Think I overfeed. But she doesn't want to sleep in e day leh. Carry n pat till I super shag. Really stuck, can't do anything nor nap.

Annie - sound so bz! Like rushing here n there. When I manage to calm her down in cot, I will also run for toilet, drink or shower before she start to eh again.

2k - u r so power! Can handle 2 kids, cook meals n still quite active in here. Really peifu.

Jazz,

I just ordered the cupcakes from this homebaker, cupcakemomma, to bring to my office next wed. U can search for her page in facebook. Her portfolio on flickr looks good. Haven't tried her cupcakes before though, just tat I need to get halal cupcakes so I get from her. U can also try sweetest moments. My colleague ordered from there last month. The cupcakes are pretty and taste good.

tikkles> I LOOOOVVEE cupcakemomma.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I had them for Rayanne's Full Month in 2009....

they deliver meh???

oh to office on weekdays huh.. hehe.. its not bad la.... u can see on my FB.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivien,

I got the following guidelines from the La Leche League site:

2-6 days

milk "comes in"; bluish color

5-6 wet disposable diapers

(6-8 wet cloth diapers)

At least 3 greenish transitional stools

6+ days

milk supply adjusts to suit your baby's needs

Same as 2-6 days

At least 3-5 very loose stools; bright yellow color that are about 2.5 cm

6 weeks

milk supply established

Same as 2-6 days

Some babies switch to less frequent but large bowel movements

I also latch BB when CL around, but she doesn't stare at me lah.

Ya Annie, my tummy is bk to its original state Liao aft 7 sessions. Was tinking if 2 more sessions maybcan be slimmer than pre-preg cos before pregnant I already hav a tummy. Haha..

Rach,

I'm self collecting myself from cupcakemomma. They deliver but only between 2 to 5 and timing is not good for me. Think the cupcakes should be good? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

straylamb,

I'm like you. After latching, can only pump 30-40ml. My BB also hungry after latching, so sometimes I supplement with EBM. She always falls asleep while latching, but can drink a lot from bottle. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

If you pump exclusively, must pump at least 8 times a day, but no need fixed timing, just don't go more than 5 hours between pumps. I found the following website about pumping:

http://www.ameda.com/sites/default/files/26401014_1010%20FullProd%20EN_4c.pdf

pooh bear,

yes! mine cakes frm le precious... =) feedback was good! but their complimentary bb card limited designs n a bit small la.. i design my own.. =)

re: lumps in breast

down 1 cup hot drink... hot compress... massage...pinch aleora then towards nipples to open ducts... pump... massage durin pumpin usin c cup hold (4 fingers n the thumb below)... squeeze towards nipples... after pump cold compress... if pain hor worse oome to worse use a small piece cold cabbage on that area for only 10 mins... =P

Back