(2011/01) Jan 2011

hi nimkulut, mine poos most of the time poos like twice or thrice during a feed.. normal?

if i eat certain food and i suffer from diarrhea, will my boy suffer from the same thing too?

power pumping,

for those who did the power pumping thing, I'm thinking of trying it out soon. I just keep pumping at 2 hr intervals, no matter the output amount?

Hi luckymummy

my gal cry or wake up when pacifier drop off so I presume it's normal? I hav not try power pumping yet thinking of trying but can't seem to find the time???[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 1:22 pm:       

Anyone interested in getting Universal Studio ticket? I have 2 tickets for the coming sat 19/2 and selling at $110 for both tickets. Email me at [email protected]

Lily,

yah my mil came down again this weekend n I've only JUST recovered the energy to think abt doing power pumping. Taking care of a newborn is really very very tough.

Hi cookiefleur

He is 6 weeks old and already drinking 150ml of FM, yesterday he slept 7 hours straight.

But I am having a concern now: since last weekend he has been cranky in the afternoons, cries whenever I put him down to sleep on his back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I have to let him sleep on his tummy (although don't wish to as it's not recommended) but it won't be long before he wakes up and start crying again.

Wonder why he behaves this way? Maybe he slept too much at night?

Hi LZZ

Yes, massaging the calves are good for colic babies. Is your massage lady from Origins Jamu?

I have purchased the ginger cream from Origins Jamu, for the past 3 days have been applying it and wrap binder before I sleep. It seems to work as my tummy is almost flat now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Elekos, yup my massage lady is from origins jamu. She tot me e calf massage. My pkg comes wif a bottle of lemongrass n ginger scrub. Is dis wat u r using? N r u using e binder given or ur own?

elekos>

my girl same age as yours... but she is drinking 100ml of ebm. what is the wt of your boy? my girl is 4.4kg at checkup early this week.

today also stressful day for me. like your boy, she has been so cranky and refuse to be put in cot to sleep! and not just in the afternoon. its been the whole day - carry her until she doze off, but once in the cot, not more than 5 mins, she wake up crying again! =( I also dunno what's wrong. and then she will cry until very kelian like that. check diaper, temperature, just fed... all ok leh. =(

anyone can advise?

LZZ

i asked the same Qn as you did about the water droplets in the freestyle tubing.

Jus on the pump w/o the pump kit attached. the sucking motion will bring in air to dry the droplets.

my hubby says the calf massage works as he tries.

does the baby burps after that? i did it 2x today but he din burp.. wonder did i do it wrongly cuz hubby see effect, i dun.. do i have to wait for baby to be awake to massage?

Hi,

Does anyone know what meds i can take if i have a running nose and i'm breastfeeding? Can take zytec or piriton (the little yellow pill)?

Cookiefleur.. My 2 weeks old boy aso like ur BB.. After feed, he gets cranky when we put him in the cot.. My husband and I swaddled him tight and rocked him to slp.. Then put him on our queen-sized bed.. And he slowly drift off to slp le..

Mummies.. Anyone experienced bb crying for hours non-stop? My boy cried for hours last night.. Fed him, change diaper, rock him and he still cry for hours!!! I Whole night didn't slp! I had frens came over for MJ session my parents till abt midnight.. We kept bb away from the noise in the room.. Could it be over-stimulation from the noise? Or is he having colic? V stress to hear him keep crying.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Cookiefleur, my boy also v cranky today. He din sleep properly since 3.30pm n only juz fell asleep. His cot is like a switch, once i put him down, his eyes open big big automatically. So tiring to keep pacifying him to sleep. Today is sunday n i'm dead tired...

Chabby, my boy din burp when i massage his calf. But he started to fart more so i guess it's helping to remove e wind in his tummy. I only massage him when he's awake or when i change his diaper. Dun dare to touch him when he's asleep, scared to wake him up.

LZZ, I bought the pure ginger cream, not the scrub given free. I apply the cream on tummy and use my own binder to wrap to sleep.

You can find the product here:

http://www.originsjamumassage.com/Shop-Online.html

I also bought the lemongrass shower gel , it's very refreshing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I hang the tubings at the window to dry the water droplets.

cookiefleur, my boy is mostly on FM, he's now weighing a hefty 6.2kg :eek: I will need to check with PD later this week when he goes for his 2nd dose Hep B jab whether he is overweight.

Chabby, actually massaging the inner calves helps colic babies, don't think it helps to improve burping. Try to burp the baby as much as possible, if he already farted then probably you won't hear him burp anymore. If it's wind in tummy, cycling exercise plus bringing his knees to his abdomen helps. On top of that, you may want to try to get baby drops from pharmacy and put a drop for every feed.

I have to thank my mommy friends for their advices, have learnt alot from them ;)

cookiefleur, maybe 100ml is abit too little for your girl, she might be wanting more milk that's why she's been crying?

Did you try to tap your index finger near her mouth to see if she opens her mouth towards it? If she does that means she hasn't had enough milk and wants more.

Hi Mommies.. Does anyone knows if I take certain food and suffer from diarrhea.. Will my bb suffer the same too?

giNa, I don't think so... but do try not to take too much of the following else baby will have gas:

- Dairy products

- Caffeine

- Citru fruits

- Garlic and Onions

- Cabbage and Brocolli

Is your bb having diarrhoea?

elekos, onions cnnt eat ah? oopz! my mom cooked lots of onions for me thinking it will help me get rid of wind..

cos my BB sometimes poos 2-3 times during 1 feed.. so am thinking if he's having diarrhea lo.. cos when i ate fenugreek for the first day.. I had diarrhea.. subsequently, my stools were very soft.. i was thinking if fenugreek will affect my BB's bowel movements too...

hi mummies,

am new in this thread.. still doing confinement..

my gal borned 27/1 and i express bm for her to drink coz her tiny little mouth dunno how to latch and always very stress to latch her.. find that bottle feed is faster..

may i ask mummies here any good recommendation for breast pump?currently m using avent manual pump but pumping every 2-3hrly is quite tiring for the hands and fingers.. hence am looking for dual eletric pump.. would appreciate any suggestions/reviews.

thank u very much..

hi gal.dolphin,

do you have to massage your breasts as you pump? if so, manual pump/single pump may be more practical? just my thoughts..

eleckos

can i check what brand is the bsby drops? is it "rid wind"? i'm giving my boy rid wind as it is prescribed by PD. 0.5ml, 4 times a day.

gina

feungreek is a mild laxative. i noted the same thing as u do about the bowel movement.

elekos, 100ml is quite a bit for my baby cos her wt is only 4kg+... using the formula of wt x 150ml, her average should be around 600+ml a day. but she is already taking 700-800ml a day. PD said i can try to increase her intake around her 2nd mth.

colic/fussy in afternoons:

seems like lots of us having this situation w our babies. consolation is that at 3mth, it should miraculously disappear on its own!

chabby, then does ur BB suffer from the frequent bowel movement as well?

mummies, i got another problem again.. =(

I nursed my son for 20 - 25 min.. after which he still fuss and licking his lips for milk again.. only when i lie him down on the bed and give him my breast for another 5 - 10 min, then he will quiet down.. is this comfort sucking? i can't differentiate if he's really hungry for milk or juz want to comfort suck.. cos i see his tongue licking his lips when i use my finger to tickle his lips.. =(

gina,

u need to feel his sucking. u observe at the start of the feed when he's really hungry, that's when he's really sucking and drinking.

that kind of sucking is different from when he's comfort sucking. comfort sucking is mostly just nibbling and not much drinking.

gina,

that depends on how u want to train him lor. some mothers are ok being human pacifier. some will unlatch once they feel bb comfort suck cos that's not how they want their bbs to fall asleep.

giNa, apparently this is what I read on some web pages. Think ginger would be better for getting rid of wind.

I am taking GNC Fenugreek 610mg, didn't have any diarrhoea since day 1. Which brand are you taking?

My boy doesn't take the pacifier, so if he still cries after feed will let him latch on for comfort sucking, otherwise he will be sucking his mittens till wet or his arm and leave some awful suck marks :|

I am thinking of removing his mittens so that he can start exploring his fingers and suck them instead.

Chabby, Yes it's Rid Wind, I got it from Watsons over the counter.

My girl loves comfort sucking when she is cranky... but I intro the pacifier for her as it will be difficult if i go back to work and the care giver have no breast to offer.... but sometimes she dun wan the pacifier also .. haiz .. so no choice offer breast lor

wannabel,

i did.. n becoz of the massaging the squeezing..my hands are quite painful.. =( that's y thinking of getting an eletric pump...

wow...i din log on for long.spend hours to read up =s

kung fu baby:

same here, my baby also streght a lot even drinking, my hubby say she is like a pig, and say I delivered a pig..so bad! but it's normal and good..it mean they are growing...hehe

chabby,

your baby really big sia. my cousin baby 3 months only 5.4kg..hehe

new pattern:

My baby is 7 weeks old, her pattern has changed!! she drink and can finished 100ml every 3 hours, but now split into 2 phases..i gave her 100ml, and she can't finished and very cranky. carry also cry, dun carry also cranky, give pacifier also cannot, till I scold her badly (my cousin say sometime must scold, so I scold her *heart pain*) now I have to start all over again.. very tired!! I told hubby say if next time conceive again, gotto engage CL as MIL can't cope with 2, guess what, hubby say dun wan, 1 is enuf..hahha..he scared already, so am I..mental and physical both tired but they r really cute to see and play with when they are not cranky. Khloe now like to talk, and she will smile when I play with her..

wannabel &Gal.dolphin

You may want to consider getting the Pumpin Pal handsfree strap to be used with the eletric pump.

http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=31&productid=6

Mumsfairy seems to be the exclusive distributor for this item. I managed to buy second hand from another mommy.

You can then use your hands to massage you breast while pumpng [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

giNa, depends on his mood, between 5-15 mins.

Hi mummies,

been a while since I last come in this forum... BB is taking up almost all of me and my hubby's time... But it's really a worthwhile experience :D Esp when we see her smiling [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Currently doing 100% breastfeeding, thus means waking up at least 3-4times every night, depending whether she wakes up every 2 or 3 hrs interval.

Norm I'll still pump out about 100ml of extra milk to freeze, in case of future rainy days.

my ss drop a lot ever since CL left us for CNY. Used to be able to pump out at least 400ml even with full latch on during day times and 1-2x latch at night. But life without CL means hubby and I got to wake up ourselves.. after I latch on, I pass her to my hubby to change diapers :p

BB now about 5wks 4days old, but as I'm feeding on demand, I'm suspecting she is drinking a bit too much. Mummies, may I know what's the proper weight gain? Mine delievered at 3.46kg, now already 5.6kg! is it normal?

@ Gal.dolphin: I think avent manual pump is the best pump, esp when u have engorgement. You can control the speed and strength urself in order not to hurt our precious nipple. I tried avent electric pump, but suction not good.

Also bought and tried ameda duo pump, very good IF at the same time both ur breast are full, but if just using 1 side as BB finished up the other side's milk, the suction and efficiency is not as good as Avent manual pump.

hope this helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

regarding red spots, that look like acne on bb face.

This is due to our milk spraying onto BB face and not wiped off with wet cloth. It will go off in a few days time.

(haha... cos each time I latch my BB esp when my breast is slightly engorged, she is drinking and doing her facial. The supply comes too fast as she suck strongly, then she will evade. But the milk is like water gun, spraying out. Often giving her a milk facial spa :p)

I am praying hard to have enough BM for my bb for 1 year and pray hard that I dont' have to introduce any FM in this 1 year [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thus anyone knows how should we bring out out ebm? I've got about 20 bottles freezed up in the freezer, so am thinking how to bring out to feed if hubby / in-laws bring bb out with me tagging along.

please help :D

Charleen: u can pump 400ml is extremely envious for me. Till today my baby is 6weeks old, I am still pumping only 150ml max each time. Haiz. Nothing to store.

Stretch: mine stretch a lot a lot too. Mom says this is good as bb is growing.

Weight: mine weigh 6kg now and nurse say above 97th percentile so I m not complaining when he drink souch milk-150 ml every 3 Hr

Cranky: for odd reasons, my baby do not sleep soundly now. He gets cranky all the time. Cannot open eye n stay calm when not sleeping. Aiyo.

mitch: when do you intro your BB pacifier? my BB coming to 3 weeks.. LC says too early to intro pacifier for my boy.. =S so everytime i finish feeding and dun offer him my breast for comfort sucking.. he gets cranky..

Charleen: wah 400ML!!! super envy lo! i had problems pumping 100ML initially. only now when I latch DS frequently, then my ss went up..

i saw my fren, when she brings out EBM, she will put the bottles in a cooler bag. The milk is already thawed by then.. when her BB needs to drink, she will ask for a glass of hot water. place the bottle in the hot water and let it warm up. once it's warm enough, can feed BB with the milk.

gina: i intro when she was abt 4 weeks ... initially i was afraid og nipple confusion but till now she is able to handle pacifier, bottle and latch on .. no prob.. btw she is now 6 weeks old

kimmyain

i didn't anticipate cha siew pau to gain weight so fast also.. sigh~

when i brought him down for vaccination at 1mth 4 days, he lok huge compared to other babies. even the nurse call him a "3-month" old baby.

gina

he's bowel movement has reduced quite significantly to 2-4 times a day.

but the thing is that his poo is rather explosive. can hear a loud "poo-ed" machiam like explosion. that means he poo ALOT!!

Mummies help! Not sure y my boy keep crying in the night. When drinking milk, after few sucking, he will cry, seems like he cant swallow down...is it becoz he has phlegm? What shld i do?

Sigh, my son was screaming his head off after a feed since 4am. Gripe water, ru yi oil also no use. Burp, rock and sayang also no use. Lasted 3 solid hours, quite sure that was an episode of colic. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But quite amazing, after zun zun 3 hrs, he'll calm down.

I really feel so helpless when he cries like that.

Any further advice to tame a screaming baby during an episode of colic??

Mitch: my boy is only abt 3 weeks old now.. I scared intro him pacifier too early.. Sighhhh...

Chabby: how old is your bb? My boy poops like 6-8 times a day.. Parents keep asking is it diarrhea.. Aiyoooo

Puix2: could it be thrush in his tongue? I heard this affects their drinking.. Maybe u can bring him to the PD and ask?

Gina, I intro pacifier when my boy was bat 3weeks old.. So far ok.. He only wants if when he's hungry and waiting for his milk or when he just wants to feel secured when sleeping,, at other times he rejects it..

Back