(2011/01) Jan 2011

I aso wish my baby can sleep longer time during nite time. the FM milk that I offered is the sample I got from hospital, ready to drink. Will need to do some shopping after confinement, gotto buy FM for backup just in case.

Sherill,

Haa...so now both our baby drink at least 60ml per meal. I only had one good nite sleep and tat was long back, she sleep for 4 hours..now not anymore, if she can sleep 3hours+ consider good already.

massage;

I haven start mine. I take care of my baby by myself, i move a lot till i feel my wound swollen, dunno if I should start massage after confinement. next doctor check up is on the 27th Jan.

Hoshi,

Ya, soon soon..I feel so like on the fan after every meal. super hot and especially when baby ask for milk milk right after my meal, even worse..

hoshi,

you mean we can wear the cinch wrap now? I haven start any massage yet but can start to wear? I still have about 4kg to go back to pre-pregnant weight but the flappy tummy is just HAIZ....and still need to lose 2 inch for buttock area, tat day try to wear my jean, end up got stuck!!haha

Kimmy,

I need some of your bm producing power!! My bb is not passing motion often enough, at day 5 was still meconium n urine is very yellow. PD suspects my milk flow is not good n even my massage lady says my breasts are not the strong production type. Plus now suspected jaundice which cld be bm related. Had to buy formula milk to supplement while I do expressing.

Massage lady,

she did a horribly painful breast massage for me this morning. Now I know what some of u meant a few days back by a proper breast massage. Ouch factor was very high. She says it's not a latching problem I have but a production problem. Very depressing morning for me overall. Now waiting for the call to find out abt bb's jaundice levels.

Chabby,

I am on day 3 of massage. Was quite eager to start cos belly is very floppy after delivery. Results not bad leh can really see inch loss like those slimming centre advertisements like that.

baby gain weight.. 2.9kg already..

still can't induce.. cuz cervix still tight..

have to wait.. going back to check up in 2 days time.. :)

Kimmy, my CL also trying not to pamper boy so much.. If not really suffer.. Now is after feeding, we will put him on the bed and let him sleep by himself.. If he doesn't sleep, we just let him exercise until he tired and fall asleep by himself..

Finally this morning I managed to pump >3oz.. But subsequent pumps I must see again..

Kimmy u real powerful! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I feed my gal with BM and FM at nite my Cl will feed her every 3 hours and i will get to sleep

this morning i manage to pump 120ml am so happy abt it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Massage i have not started yet as my c sec will be starting my on 17 jan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Remove my stitches today and baby chp up jaundice passed so relieve liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i thin my gal drinkin at 60ml per feed if she suckle well she can last 3hours if not every 2 hours i will latch her on demand but at nite CL will feed her 60ml of BM and 30 ml of FM [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lily.. Is it advisable to feed bm n fm in 1 go? My CL don't let me do that as she says it's not good for baby.. Will diarrhea..

kimmy, ivftwins

i top up 90ml after 40min of BF.. he can eat ALOT!! scary. it was the nurse who remind me that my kid is big, so naturally tummy bigger also. but one thing is that sometimes he can sleep 4-5hr between feed. so dunno if i shld be glad abt that.

i'll try to latch him more frequently in the day.

direct latching

how long do mummies who does direct latchin feed on each side? i'm doing a 15min-30min range on each side. is that enuff?

hoshi,

i dun have much lochia. jus having like day 3 period like that. not even the heavy days menses type. will go for massage next week bah.

jus had a full shower plus hair wash. muhahaha.. shiok!

homgal

dun bring. get the nurse to teach u how to latch on in case pump fails u one day. also, colostrum is low on the first 2 days.

pinky

i BF first then top up w FM. so far no problem.

Hi Pinky is it? my gal dont hav and will sleep better wo no waking up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and 3 hours once so far so gd la "touch wood: kekeke

luckymummy11 - pls dont e discouraged abt breastfeeding.. just keep trying.. and trying and trying.. :D

have u tried any of the herbal teas/supplements tat u can take to increase supply? aside from the usual fenugreek tablets u can get from gnc, there are also a few others out there.. some herbal supplments called 'more milk plus' which is combi of fenugreek, mikthistle and some other milk producing herbs. this one is in capsule form so very easy to take - u can get from vitakids (paragon/united sq/forum). there is also the various nursing teas that can drink - which essentially has the same herbs in it.. vitakids also got some.. and worse case scenario - ur obgyn shld be able to prescribe motillium/domperidone for u. This is a pill that is actually used for the treatment of reflux - but it has a side effect that we love - it increases milk production ! this u can actually get across the counter from guardian - but u shld check with doctor whether u can take it.

u can also check out the websites 'www.kellymom.com' and www.drjacknewman.com- these are very very pro bf websites -and i found them very useful when i had my first kid..

cheers!

i am so tired...cant wait to deliver at TMC.. EDD 27 jan. But i didnt sleep well last night.. almost every other night.. been going to the toilet so often in the middle of the night and baby kick and moved like no body business... cant wait to see gynae this sat. Was wondering if i can be induced o not.. too tired liou.. cannot tahan..

After reading all your sharing abt BF, etc..i really wonder when my baby wants to come out. Even though i'm only in 38th week now.

Seems like a long wait more. EDD: 29 Jan.

By the time i pop, some of u would have completed confinement!

And i finally found the coconut today in Cold Storage at Takashimaya. It's the small thai coconut. Hope this is the correct one.

Esther, looks like we are both in the same shoes, just waiting and bearing the discomfort.

Amazing i could still walk around in taka for like almost an hour just now.

Xiaopang,

Klorane is the name of my dry shampoo.

Kimmy,

Same as your record. I went to salon to wash my hair on exactly the 14th day of confinement. Hair feels damn soft n light after that. I can smile again!

Bethel & Poor Mummy,

LET's race!! i cant wait.... im still working.. next friday 21st jan is my last day of work. Though im due on the 27 jan. Then i'll sit at home for one week just to wait for my waterbag to burst!! TIRED!!

On top of that, my new Indon maid yet to arrive!! PAID everything since late October. Hiya... thank god, my mom is coming to singapore to do my confinement and she is bringing along her maid!!

Singapore is so strict ever since the news about maid who killed the child couple weeks ago. Now the government are so extra extra careful when importing them!! Good for them..BAD for us!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, anyone got a preloved Munchkin diaper organizer? (the one that hangs on the side of the baby cot)

Anyone giving this away? or for a token?

Thank you.

Kindly sms me at 9698 2363 Esther.

Chercat : Thks for the brand! Where can I get it and is it effective?

May I know what is the different of Young Coconuts and Botak Coconuts? I thot as long as is coconuts will helps?

am reali sooo tired...3 more days to edd 13jan, still got to wait..somemore wif my active toddler demands..haiz..cant tahan..last time my 1st ds born @ 39wks..tis one wanna stay longer inside..tot 2nd & subsequent ones ppl usually say will come out earlier?...ysterday had only mild contraction..am monitoring again hoping contractions to cme fast & regular..hmm if bb wanna cme out tmr will b great coz the date is nice..tis thur 40wk chkup..if still havnt deliver by then will opt to induce..

re: coconuts..can oso get fm sheng shiong..ysterday my inlaws bought 2..these will b my last drink for today..

Hi Esther am also thinking of bringing forward my maternity... Luckily I got my maid early in oct then already need to wait for 8 weeks due to the phillipines law if now will b even longer...

Hi babyzie that's what I tot so too #2 will b earlier. My no1 was also 39wks. Am nor hving a good time either.... He's giving me many issues at home n in Sch...indeed v tiring!

Hi Poor Mummy, lucky you. On top of that, I hope the Indon maid which I selected pass her English test. If not, I will have to select another indon again. Hiya. So difficult. Not as easy as I thought it would be. Fully paid, not confirm can get summore. How pathetic. How old is your 1st and schooling where?

Hi Esther,

Yup must make sure they pass all the tests including health check also. It's not so diifuclt but just alot alot of hassles.... 1st round of selection already a big headache, I also dunno how to chose base on their passport size photos and vague descriptions of their job experience.

Hope you get a good maid! That's what all employers like us pray for =D

My elder boy is 4 yr old and is currently in childcare.

Want To Sell: Used Medela Freestyle Breastpump

Dear All,

I want to sell my 5 months old Medela Freestyle Breastpump. Item is a US set, not a local set. Information about the set is as follows as its bought from the same seller in Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Medela-Freestyle-Brand-New-Latest-model-/290519460189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item43a44f295d

I still have the box packaging and I will provide all the items listed in the ad. Will throw in 2 X Medela SoftFit Breastshield (Brand new) as that has direct contact with my body and therefore its not hygenic to provide my used ones. The SoftFit Breastshield looks like the item below:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Medela-Softfit-Breastshield-1-pair-/290520534506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item43a45f8dea

Item still in great condition and battery life is as good as new. Used for 3 months only and then keep in storage.. Selling for only $300.

Interested parties, please sms me at 97421248 or email me at [email protected]

Self collection at Suntec during work hours or Jurong West or Bukit Panjang after work hours.

Want To Sell: My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow (Used)

Dear All,

I am looking to sell My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow. Used less than 10 times only. Item still in original packaging as per the picture below

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8919/img1001q.jpg

Bought at $81.40 as per the picture with the price tag on packaging

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6764/img1002uc.jpg

Selling at $50 only.

Interested parties, please sms me at 97421248 or email me at [email protected]

Self collection at Suntec during work hours or Jurong West or Bukit Panjang after work hours.

Hi all, I have the following if u r interested: 

1. brand new Osim ukimono letting go at 200bucks. It's new as it's a lucky draw prize 

2. combo miracle turn (use only 4times) is going at 400bucks 

3. Medela Freestyle US version (use less than 10x coz can't breastfreed) going at 500bucks. 

Do pm me if interested. 

Tx

Hi ladies. I came for check up n am admitted right now due to high blood pressure n dilated 3cm. Waiting to dilate further. Pain still bearable.

lalitha - u having contraction pain? I also went for checkup today cos i had brownish red discharge on sat (prob show or my mucus plug) and today had more discharge which was redder in colour. Did ctg and everything was ok, gynae checked and said i was 2cm dilated. But no contraction pain yet so i just went home after that.

Hi all, I went for my check-up today and baby is weighing about 3.2kg at 37+ weeks. So, will be sticking to the C-sec date next tue 18 Jan.

I'm also wondering if I shd bring the pump to the hospital. For my #1, KKH did provide me the pump to stimulate flow although nothing came out. Dunno about TMC.

Lalitha, so excited for u, guess you will be able to see yr baby soon....

Mummies who had csec, can I chk whether u hav difficulty sleeping? Wat positions do u sleep in, on ur side or flat on ur back? I juz went thru emergency csec on 6 jan cos had prob dilating pass 3cm. Now i hav difficulty walking cos wound still hurts n I cant get out of bed myself if I lie flat on my back, need my hubby to help me up. Feel so miserable [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Monstersmom,

thks for the tips on increasing milk flow, my bb was also warded for jaundice, level is 18.9. Meanwhile I'm desperately trying to pump more n get more milk expressed for her while in the ward.

Medela pumps,

anyone having issues with the funnel size? Mine is bruising/rubbing against my areola as it sucks it in. Have a red line there which is starting to bleed. All this on top of nipples cracking etc. Where can I ask a Medela sales person on whether the funnel is too big or too small?

Lalitha,

good luck with your delivery!

Daphne,

dr tham's assessment of your baby's weight sounds abt the same as mine. Right b4 delivery he estimated 3.5-3.6 at wk 38 and sheturned out 3.2+. His bedside manner is really good. Totally reassuring n has a very calming effect on you even in the chaos of delivery. I'm trying to see him today instead of Thursday since i'll be at tmc. Hope I'm not charged more for changing dates or being last min.

Hi mummies!

My Lucas boy is finally delivered on 10th Jan at 11:12pm without epidural after a brief 6 mins and 5 pushes (too late for any pain relief!)

Lucas is a healthy (heavy) wt of 3.67kg and 53cm!

luckymummy, i've been to medela service centre at secom centre and saw them renting medela pumps. Maybe the personnel is able to help you since they rent pumps.

Otherwise, KKH pharmacy has a dedicated sales lady that sell medela stuff for many years. she maybe able to tell you.

hi Bethel, Esther and Poormummy, im also quite tired of waiting when the little one would want to come out...how she would like to come out.. I'm a first time mummy.. so kinda anxious its really a waiting game... my EDD is 21 Jan 2010 and I am very tired mentally and physically... doesnt help when my other colleague has already delivered on 6 Jan.. her EDD was 11 Jan...

Peharps I shld swallow a calendar to expedite the little one's decision making.. haha :p

Morning ladies... Nice weather... A bit chillly, dun forget to wear a sweater if feeling cold for those doing confinement!=)

I had a roughnight... Baby woke up at ard 2+, fed her, she dunwan to sleep... Then we change her diapers, fed her again, she still dun want to sleep. Fed her again and finally she dozed off at 5+... feel bad for hubby cos he still need to go work today, must be super tiring for him.

Bfing is so hard.... Sometimes I'm tempted to just switch to formula or use bottle, but think I will be very heart pain if baby refuse my breast after that. Dunno what to do...

Had massage by malaylady yesterday, she massaged away the hard parts in my breasts, they feel so good after that. I dun feel hot or uncomfortable when wrapped also, cos the wrap material she use is cotton and thin.

CL, Congrats!! Wow no epi!! U mean ur labour was only 6 mins?!

Share your story!

Lalitha, sputnik, pooh, looks like ur little ones are coming soon! Have a speedy delivery!

Homgal, yah it's tiring to wait.

I started to clear my annnual leave yesterday. So sitting at home now. Want to go out also cannot, cos it's so tiring to walk. Only can go nearby.

Next week will start taking maternity leave. Hope bb comes next week!

Lalitha: Good luck to you!!! Wishing u a smooooooooth delivery!

Homgal (crayoncin): Aiyoh, ur EDD is much nearer than mine!! Im sure your bb is coming real sooooon! Dun worry!! LETs race!! Still, secretly, i wish my waterbag will burst soon or at least, some show or boooody discharge will be goooood!! im tired too!

cookiefleur: Oh, you shouldnt give up... total BF is good for baby..at least that's what i read and heard from all so far. Be persistent!! Perhaps, you can express ur milk out and put in glass bottles during the day and ask hubby to warm it up and use SPOON to feed baby in the middle of the night? (at least baby wouldnt reject ur nipple/ breast during the day) not sure if this helps...

Just want to share something with all out there.

I attended a conference from MOE last month on Nominated good/excellent Pre-school 2010 based on the diversity, quality and creativity. And here are the reviews as they got medals...(for those who missed it on the newspaper.)

Finalist:

Bethesda (Depot Walk) Kindergarten

Bethesda (Serangoon) Church Sunbeam Kindergarten

Calvary Baptist Kindergarten

Kinderland (Chua Chu Kang) Kindergarten

PCF Bukit Timah Blk 285C

PCF Bukit Timah Blk 307

PCF Hong Kah North Blk 750

PCF Potong Pasir Blk 143

PCF Taman Jurong Blk 161

PCF Yew Tee Blk 690D

Commendation:

Cherrybrook Kindergarten

Early Years Montessori

Lumiere Montessori House

PCF Chong Pang Blk 309

Merit:

Far Eastern Kindergarten

St James Church Kindergarten

Distinction:

The Ascension Kindergarten

Living Sanctuary Kindergarten

Ramakrishna Mission Sarada Kindergarten (FOR Indians only i think)

*for me personnaly, i would put my child at either The Ascension where they focus alot on arts n creativy or Living Sanctuary Kindergarten!

ALL THE BEST MUMMY!!!!!!

Homgal - 21 Jan is not very far away! Another 10 more days!! So it could be anytime. *jiayou* =)

Pooh - Gambade!! Look forward to see your BB.. must be feeling v excited.. hehe

CL - Wow! Congrats to you. 6mins that's v v fast! Luckily you're in hospital liao... Share with us yr chop chop birth story when u have settled down :p

Back