(2011/01) Jan 2011

Hi MauMau

I experienced tat since 1-2 mths back esp my finger tips. I had hard time in the beginning as I dun have even strength to cut my steak and squeeze my toothpaste. ;(

Now only numbness on my finger tips. Feeling is weird. Take a long time to button up clothes

mau mau,

My finger joint also pain especially after a rest..it's due to water retention, even I have now delivered my baby 2 weeks ago, i still gotthe numbness and pain..Doctor say it's normal due to the water retention haven fully gone and somehow related with nerve. Doctor ask me to massage neck and limbs. I haven start my massage yet due to c-sect :-(..

Kikapo,

TMC also charge...bring personal one also no use cos it's like a standard practis. U bring your extra pad, and tell them that you have your own. but the first pack sure will charge.. may be you can try to pass them. as for the pad, give them the maternity loop cos after delivery will have heavy flow, they use 3 loop and dunno how they tied them up and make it like a big panty..

Pacifier:

Experience mummy..when we can offer pacifier to baby? after one month?

Hi all, can I check if anyone has decided on a c-sect date only to be rejected by your doctor, cos the date is not convenient for him?

halo all mummies,

Finally I have the time to post in the forum..

I have popped on 1st Jan (not the first baby) @ 5.05pm through induction...

I was waiting and waiting and hoping that i could start contraction naturally but nothing happens... and so there i was in TMC on 1st Jan @8am!!!

8am - admission

8-10am - had my breakie, clear my bowel, wait for gynae to come break waterbag..

Between this period, kept hearing baby coming out, TMC really baby factory.. many new year baby that day... almost every 10 mins i heard baby crying..

10am - start drip

10 plus - contraction starts to kick in but still able to smile and talk to hubby...

11-3pm - contraction gets stronger and stronger, ask for laughing gas and totally useless, contraction was coming in FAST and STRONG!!! I almost fainted and at 3pm, i was told i am only 3Cm dilated and by this time I was dying from the pain.. immediately ask for epidural and finally i was in heaven!!!! still can feel contraction but it was like 100 times better..

3-4pm - after EPI, in 45 mins I was dilated to 9cm!!!!!! real fast.. should have ask for EPI earlier...

5.05pm - Princess met mummy and daddy!!!!!

not too complicated birth story.. just wana share my experience with mummies who are still waiting and good luck to all...

now doing confinement - still not too bad.. food was pretty yummy, I was allow to shower, hehehe...

Attempt to do full BF but milk supply not in yet and little princess doesnt have patient to wait... no choice so have to do FM first...

Not sure if i latched on correctly coz right side is sore and swollen... cant BF at all... not even pumping out coz really hurts...

good luck to me on my moo-moo career...

Hi new mummies

Any idea if tmc hospital stay is 2 nights n if due to discharge on a Sunday, can discharge? Cos most hospitals don hv drs on Sunday so they don let patients check out on sun hv to stay for one more night

Hello mummies..

Just to update, chabby has delivered her precious.. have yet to visit her next door though.. in some pain due to my wound.. at times I feel incomplete coz I never experience labour pains.. oh well I got stubborn boy.. hee..

Continued to bf today even though supply was almost zero. But thankfully just now I managed to get some colostrum out on the right.. left side feeling real painful.. getting engorgement.. tmr go home must pump to further stimulate supply..

I would say my experience at gleneagles is very positive! I m going to deliver here again! Though my gynae nagged this morning abt reading up on contraceptives as he doesn't want me to get preggy in e next 1 yr at least.. bleah..

Mummies still waiting to pop jiayou! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I will be gg for induction tml 8am please do wish me luck for fast and safe delivery ... Too excited to sleep now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Just out of curiosity... seems like a lot of mummies from this thread is going for induction even tho not due yet. Any reason for this? I thot it is better to wait for bb to come naturally when it is time? Cos when i gave birth nearly 3 years ago, most of the mummies from that thread was not induced...

Pinky

Thks for the positive sharing. My turn next wk although yet to confirm a date. Hope to quickly get over and done with. Dont need to keep thinking and thinking of c sect thingy.

Rest well and congrats once again. hughugs

Hi luckymummy, I'm also at Dr Tham's clinic this morn around 10.45am. Are you the one wearing a blue dress and yr husband went in later? Cos I heard the nurse saying something like need wheelchair for the patient but in the end, did not use.

My baby weighs 3.2kg at about wk 37. Hope it doesn't get bigger, otherwise I might need to choose a C-sec next week instead. Will know after seeing my gynae next mon.

Hi mummies,

Popped at 930pm yesterday n can't sleep now so decided to come online.

After the first tablet insertion at 1130 I went to my room n waited while experiencing quite painful menstrual cramp like contractions. This went on till it was time for the second tablet to be inserted at 330 n they found I was 3cm dilated. Soon after that my dr came n said 3-4 cm dilation. I decided on epidural as they said it cld take 30min to get it settled. They injected aneasthesia even before the epidural n I couldn't feel anything being done. After it kicked in I was happy n high for a while, no more contractions! Until I realized my left side hurts only right side numb.! Luckily the nurse came n flipped me on to my left side to "balance out" thedrug. N they injected more epidural to help with the pain. After that was super numb. Could feel nothing. So I didn't feel anything even when they started the drip.

By 7+ when the nurse came n checked I was 8cm dilated! So

hurriedly called in dr n tried to push but I was so numb that I can't tell what I was pushing. Had a rest n resumed at 9pm. Was much more effective then maybe cos the contractions were stronger n I cld feel more. Epidural was so powerful that I couldn't feel the snipping or the sewing up after that. But shivering was very bad thruout. Still, it beats contraction pain.

Baby was placed on my tummy immediately after birth and they allowed her to suckle for a while after they cleaned me up n weighed her etc. Btw I already know that breastfeeding is gonna be painful as my baby has powerful jaws n suction. I was yelping thru both my bfding sessions so far. TMC is really pro bf n extremely helpful to new mums.

Btw my baby's weight is 3.265 n height 51cm. Luckily she didn't turn out that big after all!

Mitch.. good luck!

Sputnik.. due to various reasons like size of baby etc, mummies r going for induced labour.

Pooh.. u're welcome! Hope u will have a good experience here as well. Rem to ask abt e special season parking pass for hubby or relative who is going to visit u daily and also access information for wireless network that is free..

Daphne.. can help update table? My son is 50cm long.. hee.. thanks!

Any. Mummies who r having difficulties in sleeping? I can't seem to sleep for long now...

Daphne,

Yah that was me!! Did I look like I needed a wheelchair? Or maybe that's their standard practice. Got scolded by dr tham cos I didn't come in immediately when my waterbag leaked the previous night at 3 am.

No wonder I thought u looked familiar but I was too preoccupied to place u from ur fb pic. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] .

Btw pad supplies at tmc: theyopened 1 pack of 10 kotex loops the pink one. But I'm almost done with that pack 6 hrs after delivery. Just so much lochia. So unless u haf a huge supply at home maybe just let them charge lah. Cos they stack 2-3 on top of each other n it's soaked quite quickly.

No idea what other hidden charges there are though.

Dear all!

I woke up to wee wee and saw my bloody show! :D so excited... Now in Mac waiting for hubby to buy my hotcakes... Will be gg to MAH later! :D hope bb guai guai~

Happy~~~~

Tablet was inserted at 10.20am. Strong n furious contractions starts at 1pm. Still 3cm. 4+ asked for epi.. Super pain. I was ald pooping (sorry tmi) on the bed n there's urge to push even b4 they can administer the epi.Midwife then check, i m fully dilated n baby's crowning. After bout 8 pushes, my son is out screaming at 5.30pm weighing 2.9+kg.

Hi Nimkulut

Wah, u steady. Still got mood to go eat Mac. If I were you, I will be too scare to eat anything. Just want to rush to hosp

Hi Pinky

Does GlenE charge those pampers that bb use, the pads tat u use? What other thing do they charge huh?

Wishing all mummies that have popped speedy recovery (including myself keke)

Smooth delivery to those popping!!

Abt hospital charges my bill came up quite abit but sigh what done can't be undone anyway at mt e on new year day there are only few babies so we got good service and attention... Unfortunately mummy is home but not princess [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] she need to stay another day due to jaundice gg to hos soon and hope she can be discharge soonnnn wish me luck!!

Congratulations to those mummies who have popped:D

to mummies that popped naturally, may I know what signs u have been going through before u reached the D day? I am just entered into my 39week n though bb has engaged, seems like no other signs so far n am still waiting...not sure when will be the time -_-lll

Got sent back to ward... ;@ contractions 5 mins apart n 2cm dilation.. Nothing else happened.... Now jalan jalan ard MAH with hubby... Waiting for a) waterbag to burst b) contraction to hurt so much I can't talk...

VE is PAINFUL!!!!

hey mummmies..

puix2: i am like u hor.. waiting..we r under the same gynae somemore..

Nimkulut: wah haaa... 2 cm dilated.. not painful is it? are u taking epi? so exciting leh!

hey mummies

pinky has just discharge around noon. she came over this morning to chat and say bye before she left.

congrats to all the mummies who have popped and good luck to the rest of the mummies waiting. everything will be fine.

will update my birth story when i've the time. but overall still bearable pain. just remember to ask for epidural early if u can't take the pain. but do be prepared to throw up and shiver as these are the side effects of the drugs. i threw up plain water an hour (11+am) after delivery and at 2+pm pretty much immediately after the soup.

hi mummies!

Me also wondering y so many of you going for induce? Im also very curious what are the reasons for wanting to induce? coz during my #1's time.. hardly anyone goes for induce.

Pooh,

I start t walk the next day..Start with slow and slight pain. 2nd day feel much more better..3rd day not much feeling. Guess my baby started to switch to day and nite, she is more active in day time. Sometime drink milk already still dun wan to sleep and cranky lor..:-(

Wendy,

My nipple also pain for the first few days. guess cos baby suck hard and our milk supply is still low..Is about time only..jiayou..

nimkulut,

Jiayou!! so excited..

Lily,

Dun worry..baby will be alright...

Congrats Siti...!!

Hi Kimmy

Tats v fast recovery wor.. I tot cant get out of bed even 2nd day. Even when discharge, I tot I have to sit wheelchair to the car. I was still thinking how am I going to make it to my 3rd storey room at my in law's hse when I discharge.

Better for baby to be active in the am than nite. I go a friend who juz given birth. Baby sleeps all the time in the daytime. Then at night, awake thru out.

Hi Komathi P & puix2,

Me three.. My EDD 40th week is next thursday but I am still feeling nothing.. no signs..

Still waiting... Cant wait to hold my baby in my arms~

puix2,

hmmm I wanted to work until the day I deliver. But my gynae gave me MC since 3rd jan until 10th Jan. So I am at home now.. though I am still checking my work emails, helping a bit here and there from home. Officially start my maternity leave on 11th Jan.

Are you still working?

Which hospital are you going to deliver at?

Many mothers have popped! Congrats to all.

I am almost dying from bf. He is so hungry all the time, refuse to latch on, my supply is not able to meet his demand. No choice had to supplement formula while I express all that I have.

Am drinking papaya fish soup, fenugreek tea sold at a shop in Kkh. But supply seem little. Without bb latching on, our full milk flow will still come correct? When will that happen?

Pooh, my bill total up to be 7k..in e bill, they didn't itemized clearly.. but basically everything used like bed pads for mummy n baby, diapers, pads, medicine etc all chargeable. I didn't wanna bother alr as I couldn't really move about..

After medisave deduction, I paid 2.7k..

Hi CL,

KKH.

Am still working. Initially thot of taking leave one week before EDD. So I asked hospitalization leave from gynae to rest at home. But gynae asked me to work until deliver and said staying at home will be very boring and asked me to walk more .She told the 1 week hospitalization leave will eat into my maternity leave unless it was given a month before EDD. So i think if that is the case, then i will just continue to work lo....She did ask me to check with my HR, but i lazy to check also...

Why did your doc give u a 1 week MC?

Puix2

My Gynae din say why he gave me. I did not ask him for it either. He merely said He will give me mc until the next time I see him.

Yea... Staying at home is definitely boring. I use this time to pack my things and go shopping! Nobody at the malls now that everyone went back to work and sch. Definitely must walk more!!

I specifically told my HR tat I'm taking mc until 10th then start my maternity leave only on 11th. They accepted my suggestion! I wouldn't wan to waste my ML!

This is my 40th week and bb is also not showing signs of wanting to be popped..haha..really reluctant to induce cause I would prefer for it to be au naturel...but if I don't have a choice but to induce, it will be 11th Jan bah..

I am still working too...think staying at home can be really boring, so might as well come into office to kill time...and enjoy the free air con..haha...but I will be on ML from next Monday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

All mummies BF-ing, perservere, the milk supply will come as long as you don't give up!!!

Hi Pinky

Tats alot of deduction. I tot we can onli deduct abt 2k in mediasave?

Then I m much relief now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Yours in 1 bedded or 2 bedded?

Puix[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I gave birth at 37 weeks plus but starting from 36 weeks My symptoms before delivery were -

1. Wake up every night 2-3 am until morning sitting on sofa [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] alone

2. Heaviness in pelvic region as if I am holding a ball there specially while bending forward I could feel her head

3. Strong contractions though far apart ard 10-15 minutes minimum

4. Fed up being pregnant that even wrote on my blog the same night before start pain " oh god! I m so ready for the pain" finish it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

5. No water bag burst, no discharge and no other bloody show nothing

6. Contraction started 2 am midnight and were 5 min apart, waited n counted until 3 am and when I counted 12 at 3 am , called labour ward n taxi !

Don't worry everybody have diff symptoms , keep walking and soon u will hold baby in ur arms [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good luck

puix - yr gynae gave u wrong info. See below extract from MOM:-

“The employee may take the 16 weeks of maternity leave from work

continuously, starting from 4 weeks before delivery, by default. Under

the Employment Act, any medical leave that falls during the period of the

employee's maternity leave is treated as part of the maternity leave.

The above would not be applicable if there were mutual agreement between

the employee and the employer to start the maternity leave only upon the

delivery of the child. In this instance, any medical leave that falls

before her delivery would be treated as medical leave”

I'm also on hospitalisation leave now.

sherill, thx for ur info. No contraction pain for me so far n my tummy is still high at 39week. Did ur tummy lower a lot when it's almost the time?

Sputnik, thanks for ur info as well, now I know.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh ya! My tummy started to lower down one week ago! And the before I gave birth my friend told me that it is so much lower n I could give birth that night ! N it happened [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Though for some people it may happen right before delivery!

Miaiko,

I should be induced next week around the 14th. Usually it's cos of high BP and baby is aldy big by doctor's assessment so better to deliver early than getting too big a baby (like past 4kg) and end up either tearing badly or having to go for emergency c sect if baby gets stuck I guess.

Pooh, mine is 2 bedded..

Mrs loh, I did bring my own clothes to wear.. but ended up o found e hospital to be rather comfortable... so I wore it all e time..

Hi mummies..

I've given birth to my dear daughter, Jaelynn Chua at 1st Jan 2011.. She weighed 2.64kg n 50cm..

My birth story:

Hb n i was having new year eve dinner wif friends at changi airport T2 n planned to watch fireworks after dinner.. But ard 10pm i started to feel pain near the V area every 10mins apart.. So i went to toilet to check for any bloody discharge but nothing.. So i thought it is normal since i've been having this type of pain on n off for the past few days n i didn't expect to deliver in my 37weeks as my gynae didn't mention anything during my checkup 2 days earlier.. Before leaving T2 for fireworks at 10.45pm i suddenly have tis passing motion feeling too so hb decided not to join his friends.. Hb wanted to send me straight to hospital but i told him i wanna go hm to monitor first in case it's a false alarm.. Once reached hm, hb called my gynae.. Gynae told him tat it's the sign of real labour coming n bring me to hospital when i can't stand the pain.. So i quickly went to bathe but the pain suddenly got worse while i was bathing.. the contractions already 2mins apart n i noticed my tummy hardened too.. One of the contractions came n i felt wet on my pantyliner so i checked n saw blood.. We panicked n quickly left hm at 12am.. Luckily it only took hb less than 10mins to reach mt A.. Hb drove very fast as he saw me screaming in his car when contractions came..

When reach mt A, i already couldn't walk with the pain n the nurse wheeled me up to delivery suite.. While hb went to do admission, they left me alone in the delivery room den my waterbag suddenly broke n i quickly press the alarm for assistance as the pain became so intense after my waterbag broke.. Hb n midwife came in so i told her i felt like baby is coming out already so she checked n told me i was already 8cm dilated.. I couldn't stand the pain n quickly asked for pain relief n she gave me laughing gas.. She said no point taking other pain relief since 8cm dilated.. After tat i can't really remember wat is happening.. but could hear my hb n nurse talking.. I could hear my hb saying he saw the tip of baby's head already n keep asking where is the gynae.. Then the midwife told me if my gynae couldn't come in time she will deliver for me.. I was thinking omg.. Then suddenly i hear my gynae's voice.. Straight away he asked me to push.. With 3 pushes my baby gal is out at 0040hrs on 1/1/11.. Then he put my gal on my chest n i felt so relieved at tat moment.. Hb really panicked n quite shocked after the delivery coz everything happened too fast n unexpectedly.. The midwife even joked tat i would have deliver at hm if we dragged further.. Now think of it.. Really heng tat i admitted in time to deliver n didn't join our friends for the countdown..

Hi all,

Just to updated I've delivered on 29 Dec, natural, Baby name is Edward, weight 3.120kg, height 52cm. =) can any kind soul update for me?

Back