(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Baby2010,

Sorry for my late reply, 650ml milk seems ok. For cereal, you can try prepare more to feed. Just top when baby seem reluctant to open mouth to eat. Now charlyn takes about 6 flat scoop (I use milk scoop to gauge). Can feed puree is you have not.

Nana,

Time to start transiting baby to bottle now since you start so late. I transit charlyn at 4 months + and that took me almost a month (partly due I still latch at night). Would be better if you can have another person (ideally the person who is going to take are of her when you go back to work) to try bottle feed. Baby will know, why I bother to use bottle when my comfort food is just here. So now, i'll do the latching while my mum does the bottle feed.

Btw, after the Little Gym Trial, keen to go for JWT trial? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think they need a group of 3-4 to start.

Slow cooker,

If buying, better to get the type that the inner pot can be placed over stove fire to bring to boil before transferring to the outer pot to continue the cooking over electric. This way, can cook the rice to soft watery type faster.

The other more Eco friendly is the magic cooker / thermal cooker. Boil the contents using the inner stainless steel pot over the stove for 10 to 15 mins then slot into the thermal outer pot (no need electric) and close. Just need longer time to cook till soft (approx 3 hour if I don't remember wrong). But the best thing is if you are going out, can just bring along while it's still cooking inside. I'd used this for my no.1 then. Even now, we still use to cook for him but put in outer pot more to keep warm.

ptb: actually after a traumatic delivery i told myself going to stop at one! but after thinking that my girl will have no cousins (very unlikely lor) and if no sibling as well so poor thing...if got another sibling at least she will not be so lonely...actually i also approaching high risk liao...

nana: i am using toyomi..not bad so far...i got the second biggest size one...for this brand the pot can also be used direct on a stove as well (according to my mum) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya twinfish's tip about using hot water to speed up the cooking i also do that...saves some time...and ya..did you try asking someone else to feed your girl the bottle? sometimes bb know its mummy so will refuse to drink from bottle want to drink direct...

bluesoda: your girl so smart!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i show my girl flash cards she always like super kancheong very excited want to grab not sure if she really remembers anything...haha...now i just keep it simple and show her A+B+C only repeatedly...i will try your method on my girl and see how her response is...hee...as for my bb i find it amusing that she does remember bananas in my house are hung high high cos' whenever i ask her where are the bananas in the kitchen she will look up...hahaha...

swimming floats

i got a babyspa look-alike float from baby fair...only cost me $15 but my bb screamed her head off when i put it on her neck the last time i tried...now i wonder if she will accept it better....have been wanting to let her float in the bathtub leh...lucky never buy the $50 babyspa one....hehe...

Morning mummy.

Thanks jolviaz n Enmummy. Yup I'm starting to worry alr. nowadays im taking care of my bb alone. Now I'm at my mom house and wil get her to try again. I have thrown alot of milk powder coz she refuses to drink from bottle. I think she is trying to suck to fall asleep. At nite she wake up can't sleep back and cry for breasts. If I don offer she wil cry till like want to faint. Thanks for guiding.

Can I ask, will bb wean off once grow bigger? Headache.. Everyday thinking the solution.. My family members said just let her cry, but my heart so soft alw give in my breasts to her.

Enmummy> ur girl is smart too. I think babies are able to recognize words and things now. Ya I also like to try your method too - buy fresh fruits and intro it to her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sharon, havenot brought bb xhin to pool yet. I KS, buy the float first. Like I bought him a pool tub but till now still haven used. Cos good deal at $38.. Haha

You interested in bringing bb J to pool? Wana go for a trial class at marsden? There is a pool designed for infants and is heated and covered. Like the video Bam posted on her fb wall.

Flashcard: Its good to expose bb to flash card as young as possible as it will stimulate their learning and you will be amaze by their tiga memory. But do not always show sequential picture like ABCD etc.. can do it DBAC, something like that. Cos I read from somewhere that if were to do it the same order every time, then they are memorising the sequence and not understanding it.

Intend to make my own flash card. But abit time consuming.

Mummies going for Little Gym trial :

The little Gym :

3rd july they have slots.. Details as follows:

Venue: Marina Square

Time : 4.35 - 5.20pm

Trial price : $42.80

Cut of registering : 22nd June.

Please let me who are interested please give me your name and your babies name.

Mother's Name (Baby's Name)

1) Bam Aka Janice Wong (Alycia Chia)

8) pearlyshell aka pearlyn (Koh Ler Yi)

3) Sheeypysheeps aka Sharon Loh (Seraphina Phwa)

2) Piggypang aka Sharon Pang (Jayden Lim)

5) Shan aka Shannen (Haygen Goh)

Following mummies : can pm me your contact nos. your bb's age and date of birth?

4) Cookiemonster aka Jenny (Benjamin Koh)

6) whim aka HM (Cheng Zi En)

7) Jun aka Jun Lim ( Xhin Low )

PTB7476 : I've called and asked. Its $28 per seesion. 1 term is 10 session. so its 280.

Their is registration fee of $20 i think..

PTB7476: what i like is that they have heated pools. I bring my gal to the trial class at aquaducks at suntec.. the pool was cold! and i only got her swimsuit. she went in the pool and her nose start running liao!! then the instructor saw and offer the extra wetsuit! Then it was a trial class and i'm the only 1st timer.. but the instructor like assume i know what to do.. i just have to follow what other parents are doing.. i'm like a blur sotong with my little gal.. i didn't sign up the class...

Bam: sounds bad though... think if we go as a grp hor then we can all expect the same thing?

JunJun: yah me too lor... wanna try bringing bb J to pool soon but just worried dunno the bathing part lor... was thinking to do it soon... as for flash card... u very fast leh... i got some empty cards from neighbour and was wondering if its too early to introduce flash cards...

nana, no prob to feed papaya at 7mth. when my gal got constipation, bring her to see pd, pd said feed her papaya, banana, tat time she just 6.5mths...

nana, my gal has been eating papaya since 6mths.. so no problem. Just don't feed her everyday, else she might turn orange. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Chloe, the one that I enrolled my daughter in is Sparkletots Punggol East branch which is along rivervale drive. I caught a glimpse of the teachers conducting the toddlers class and it was acceptable to me. At least the toddlers were excited and paid attn to the teachers. Clean place too..about 3 teachers to 9 kids...you can pop down to visit the in-charge..Fiona..quite a nice lady. She told me their waiting list is quite full.

mummies, can I know when you prepare cauliflour or brocoli puree, do you buy normal ones or organic? A friend told me she buys organic ones so that there's no pesticide. is it necessary?

ermm.. ur baby so cute in the video.

Nana, my gal was like tt too when i couldn't produce enough milk she wld scream and scream and not take the bottle. Now I feed her on a pillow. If i put her close to me she wants to latch so i only latch her when she wants to sleep. U may want to try placing her on a pillow and letting her drink. think she finds it comfy.. Anyway I suffered for 2 months (March to April) so don't give up... when she's hungry and no food, she will take the milk.

hpc, my bbies still at cereal n puree n the gal still spitting out evrything haha.. but think organic suppose to be better cuz no pesticides...

$28 seem reasonable when compared with those circus baby spa at shopping mall :p

I dun know suntec has one :eek: next time will go have a look hehe

Seem like alot of parent here like to explore baby to swimming

Want to share some good deals... Giant selling mamy poko diapers for $19.99. Offer until 26 jun. Guardians is selling Enfapro (1.8 kg) for $75.90. Offer until 30 Jun. =D

Bam> thanks for your concern! ya dont really know what virus, read that the kid got infected when he had chickenpox, somehow the virus got into the skin when his chicken pox have not recovered. got 2 kid died. hope bb wont get it when going out, got few hundred infected cases.

Mummywong: i'm going hkg in Aug with BB and my friend was telling me about this fever virus.. Me also kinda of worried.. Hope it will not outbreak.. Do take care when out with bb.. Sanitation when necessary..

Bam> as at now still ok, we are still as per normal, not much special precaution taken so you dont need to worry about yr Aug trip. my SIL does instruct the maid to ensure that her kid hands are washed after returning from kindergarten, pray it wont spread from there.

Nana,

Chance are your mum will tell u that baby simply refuse to drink. You try to let your mum feed fresh pumped breast milk (not frozen or refrigerated) at a time that baby is in good mood (not very hungry or sleepy). If you worry waste, divide the milk into 2 bottle. Give the 1st bottle and keep the 2nd one aside just in case baby decide to drink. You might need to introduce pacifier since baby so used to suckle milk and fall asleep. I'd also had to try a few different bottle and teats and finally she settled on NUK wide bottle with sillicon teat.

If still unable, u might even have to try sippy cup or spoon feed Liao.

Jovialz > regarding the MAM pacificer, i didn't know mothercare selling, until i read yr post. lol.

i bought my current ones from drugstore last mth and my girl super like it, i bought a few brands for her to try, she doesn't like the NUK one. she will spit out when give her that. i read somewhere on babycenter, at 6mths they need to change pacificer due to their teeth so i changed for her. now seem like she is hooked on MAM. avent one she also spit after sucking for a while.

i wanted to get the slow cooker today at OG. having less 10%..so tempted... but was thinking my rice cooker says can cook porridge , shall try tml see it works anot first.

btw, how does the magic / thermal cooker looks like ? any difference ?

anymore mummies keen on the babycubes ?

placing order soon.

babycubes (featured above)

$13.50

if u keen, pls kindly trf to posb saving 003-56798-2 and let me know yr order.

10 sets only:

expected arrival in mid July

1) wendy plasterger

2) Ching ng (paid)

3) Juvena (paid)

4) Diana

5)

Hey Bam - u going hk in Aug? me too! I m going over the national day period and bringing baby as well. when r u going?

worried abt the virus too! Bb need to take any flu jab b4 going?

Koola : the longer video I have is too big to be uploaded. Will try to take again this weekend. Let u know again.

Wendy : my rice cooker also can cook porridge, but can't cook small quantity. I think minimum need 0.5 cups of rice. That's way too much for baby.. We used it once though and we had the remaining for our dinner

Magic cooker got two layers. Itslike putting a smaller pot into a bigger one. Bigger one fubction it to keep it hot n continue cooking

Happie: take better, need to be 1 month at least before trip, cos there are 2 dosages to it- given their age, can't take the 2 shots at once.

HPC: broccoli and cauliflower, especially the florets parts do "trapped" pesticide easily so buying organic ones is advised. However, it's still ok to eat normal ones as long as you wash thoroughly and cleanly.

Mummywong: take care, hope situation there is well soon.

Im keen on trial class in heated pool too. Where is it?: btw, i still cant find the facebook group. Can someone help [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back