(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Mummies going for Little Gym trial :

The little Gym :

3rd july they have slots.. Details as follows:

Venue: Marina Square

Time : 4.35 - 5.20pm

Trial price : $42.80

Cut of registering : 22nd June.

Please let me who are interested please give me your name and your babies name.

Mother's Name (Baby's Name)

1) Bam Aka Janice Wong (Alycia Chia)

2) Piggypang aka Sharon Pang (Jayden Lim)

3) Sheeypysheeps aka Sharon Loh (Seraphina Phwa)

4) Cookiemonster aka Jenny (Benjamin Koh)

5) Shan aka Shannen (Haygen Goh)

6) whim aka HM (Cheng Zi En)

7) Jun aka Jun Lim ( Xhin Low )

8) pearlyshell aka pearlyn (Koh Ler Yi)

can pm me your contact nos. your bb's age and date of birth?

Though I'm working on 1st.. Fidgets seems to have more activities... N place is huge! But the activities like the big slide n climbing not so suitable for our bb.. Those w toddlers maybe like it there

Peekaboo seems Cosier [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But then again guess it more for bb to interact!

Feel like taking leave on the1st ;)

Dimple,

Take leave and join us lah...hahaha...actually I hv not went to either of the 2 venues I suggest only heard from others tat it is fun. Ya, it is more for toddler and not bb to play....

Bam,

The 2 venues I mentioned hv some rest. in the mall itself so I think it is easier but location is nt near MRT so hv to drive or take cab (I muz take cab coz no driving license).

Btw, any more suggestion? Can juz add in.

Shan,

U joining us rite?

Thanks for the feedback Leelee and ermmm. I am a little apprehensive too but its the best solution for now.

@Leelee, I have enrolled my girl in the Punggol East Branch - Sengkang Blk 194. The environment is clean and nice, teachers are friendly too, thats y I paid to secure a place on the spot. You can try to put on waiting list for now because its quite a popular infant care in this area. The fee is $460 per month after subsidy which is considered very affordable for infant care.

Dimple.. Take leave & join la [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Diana, I oso taking taxi if bringing baby.. Most prob I can.. Asking hubby to tk the pm shift for me while I took am :p

U bringing ya #1 nt #2 rite?

I think if more babies perhaps peek a boo more suitable..

chris: yes. it will occur.. but we cant stop it.. furthermore jovan in IFC.. very easy kena.. When got wheezing then take neubilizer.. I didnt buy.. but i rent.. buying the machine costs $250. actually if long run, buying the machine is more worth it.. but my hubby chose not to buy.. actually renting in a long run not worth it.. I think its good for him to recover before u bring him to socialize.. Yes, my gf's daughter also like that.. must be very quiet.. go noisy places, will cry.. cuz no exposure.. but on and off u can bring him out... but playgym got alot of kids.. and they tend to spread very fast.. thats my opinion [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u can always socialize after he gets well.. no hurry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

whitecookies: the bedok branch sparkeltots im paying now is $435.. ya... was thinking to put on waiting list.. cuz more and more parents are putting their kid there..

Dimple: I also taking leave on 1st..

just take lah... hardly got chance to bring bb out to join mummies for working mummies like us..

shan & diana: u notti mummies encouraging me!hahaha... well, let's see when next week comes..haahaa..im dragging myself to work due to changes in management n annoying new bosses who are soo against working mothers of young kids.. 1 of my coll stopped working coz they werent being flexible.the other got terminated(contract finished).im the onli one left..grrr..

speaking of IFCs..anyone of u registered ur little one at schools-those who take in from 18mths/12mths onwards?

any suggestions for any near sengkang/hougang/kovan.. there is one sonrise montessori near my workplace..but cant pay by CDA account.What a shame!if not i confirm enrol there..

zzzzzzz

Hi Dimple, you can try PCF Sparkletots CC at SK, I am sending my gal to their IF. I was there on Monday and the environment is clean and cosy too...the toddlers there look happy and the teachers were quite professional...I saw one of the teachers conducting her classes using "senses"...teaching the 18mths toddlers to differentiate between rough and smooth etc. And the toddlers looked so excited and happy...can always go down for a visit...they accept payment of fees via CDA acct too. I heard they are opening a new branch near Rivervale Plaza.

Diana: fidgets I think crowd very rough, may not be suitable for babies. Maybe Royce, polliwogs or singplay at airport is better.

oh ya i think one of the mummies posted singplay.. like quite fun.. i don mind gg airport.. got direct bus for me :p

there got alot of eatries oso hehehee...

not a bad choice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jovialz (jovialz) : thanks for your concern ya. the paper is out when he is pooing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] next time i must becareful and dun let him touch paper anymore. ya...my son start eat brown rice on monday lioa...and i notice that his poo not waterly like before , abit dry but not hard that kind... and last night..his poo is waterly one...is it ok? ya..want to ask you...my son eat 3 teaspoon brown rice with half teaspoon of milk on 12pm and 6pm..2 times per day but he only drink 650ml per day is it enough? byright should drink how many ml for a 7months baby? i am thinking to make puree for him..but not sure is it ok to do it now or wait for one week later c how first? please kindly share with me yr experience

Baby2010> teaspoon as in those coffeshop small coffee spoon? i find teaspoon like too small, i use tablespoon or is it call soup spoon, the spoon we use to eat rice. i gave 4-5 tablespoon for 1 cereal feed. but of course i think maybe different babies has different appetite, so maybe you should see whether yr bb is asking for more cereal from the body language. whereas i find 650ml of milk seems ok for a 7mth old bb. after i started my boy on 1 cereal meal & transiting him to FM, i have also reduce his milk meals. now my feeding schedule is something like:

7-9am (depends when he wakes): 180ml milk

12pm: 4-5 tablespoon of cereal mix with water, sometimes top with some puree

3pm: 180ml milk

6pm: 180ml milk

9pm 180ml milk

occasionally that he wakes during early morning like 3-4plus, i latch him. note he not necessarily finishes all 180ml milk.

Mummywong10: thanks for your advice ya..

As my son is just start solid food-brown rice on this monday so we dare not to feed him so much, worry he cannot take it...nanny will slowly increase the portion. the spoon is like pigeon weaning spoon that size. wah...u gave 4-5 tablespoon when he start to eat the solid food?

heard nanny say my son did cry when the brown rice finish..maybe not enough for him ..and his nanny feed him milk bcos she afraid too full for him. bcos my son sick on last 2 weeks so we only start the solid food on this monday. so everyday he will cry for milk on mid night..i hope this weekend onward..he can sleep through till morning..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] how abt yr bb? what time is his last feed and what time he will wake up usually?

Avent Steamer/Blender> i want to ask a stupid question, can raw rice be grinded in this machine? Was thinking how to prepare porridge in finer texture?

Baby2010> oh now that you mentioned, i remember u mentioned about yr bb sick & just started solid. sorry huh too many posts, sometimes read liao forget & lazy to trace back. when i just started him on cereal, i only gave 2 tablespoons & in very watery texture, i lessen the water/milk as he ate so that the cereal is thicker in texture now. ya initially i also fed cereal, top up with another 80-100ml of milk instead of full cereal meal. my bb has not been sleeping through often nowadays, he used to sleep though since 2nd mth-4th mth, then always wake 1-2 times in the morning like 3-5plus time, now i latch him when he wakes as too lazy to wake up and make milk. but when i fully stop BF, intend to give pacifier & try to train him to sleep through hopefully. i used to feed another time around 12am, i have reduce this feed since about 1mth ago when i start to feed him FM for last feed. he usually wakes around 7am in the morning (not counting the previous morning session that he wakes around 3-5plus, as he dont wake everyday that timing, sometimes he sleep through)

My son turning 8mo this Sat, he's born 3wks plus earlier than EDD, so end up a end Oct baby..

Anyone keen on getting the babyfood cubes to store baby purée? I am organizing a spree to buy my baby MAM pacificer ... And they are restocking the popular baby cubes. If you are keen pls post at my thread link below : [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Holding this spree one batch only

Order limit usd200, join ASAP spree will close once cap reach

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/5634462.html?1308721261

Baby cube item link

http://www.babyhaven.com/Juvenile-Solutions-Baby-Cubes--7-4-oz-8-.html

Pcf sparkletots- Hnmm whitecookies, the centre is good? I saw the fee for outlet sk west is only $300+ for toddler after subsidy. Shld put my name on the q list..

Mummywong: if you have slow cooker, you can use it to cook your porridge, it will give you a satisfactory texture. E.g if you want to feed by 12 pm, then simply throw everything into the pot and cook it. Add more water than usual if you want the dim sum porridge kind of texture. Another way is to soak rice before cooking.

And yes, avent blender can blend rice but I'll use a separate one cos rice is hard and may wear the blade out fast.

Jo, can I ask, what I did is correct or not.

I cook porridge over stove as per normal, added in vege tt I wanted. Then I blend in the avent blender till very fine. I have been doing this for a few days, my mom taught me but not very sure whether it's a correct way. Thanks!

Junvis, sorry I'm not v sure, I'll check with her if can add in another baby k.

Nana: that's another way but I'll choose to just mash them using a fork. The veg after cooking are soft enough to be blended using just a fork, easy and not messy. If your water level is right and cooking time is long enough, you don't even have to blend. For me, I also prefer to blend veg separately.

thks for posting schedule of ur bb mummywong, .. i was beginning to think my bb was v slow as she only takes 3 spoons of cereal w milk n spits out rest on the floor. her milk feeds also v irregular n today cuz weather so hot she also refuses to drink much milk only wants to sleep. now sleeping again. think tonight she'll b very wide awake..

kooladonia yah that is the float i am tokg about

bam i saw those wetsuit at mothercare ...thinking of getting it for my boy too haha

Swimming : I just posted the float here yesterday then today my mum couldn't find it n we realized that we left it at the pool when we brought her swimming over the weekend. Aarrrgghh.. Now gotta another if no one left it with the mgt office.

anyone keen to purchase this ?

i read alot of raves about this, thinking it useful for making & storing puree

individual cubes with snap-on lids

store homemade baby food or breast milk in the fridge and freezer.

each cube holds approximately 2 oz. (just nice for baby portion) and travels well from freezer or fridge to microwave.

organising a bulk purchase :

USD 8.95 x 1.33 + international shipping

(around SGD 15 after conversion & including shipping, exact shipping fee to be collected in 2nd payment)

if you are keen to purchase, pls kindly PM me.

bulk purchase ends once USD 150-200 is reached

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5636638.jpg]

hi ermmm : the swimming float is there any support at the buttock area ? or it simply leave baby to float by support of water ?

planning to bring my baby to public pool this weekend...

i bought a float those sit in type, dunno if she will like it anot...i very scare the float cannot hold her weight and it sinks...

kooladonia: ya the potty i bought with my robinsons card...that time they have 20% for members...btw why are you leaving him there for 20 minutes? i dun think he will guai guai sit there dun move right...and its not really safe to leave him alone?...hehe...

ptb: i can't agree with you enough on THE HUBBY...envy those with hands-on hubbies like hammiebao...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hehe...i am doing almost everything too from feeding solids to changing poo and bathing....can't imagine #2 while #1 is very young now....maybe will start thinking again when #1 can walk and be more independent...i am sure if my hubby can handle my #1 like a pro without me having to worry this and that i would love to have #2 early...its really a major "deterrent"..sigh...haha

mummywong, nana: as what jo said...i oso use slow cooker for my girl's porridge...cook about 2 hours...in between stir 1-2 times...the rice grains will break down into finer texture and there is no need to blend them...if i put pumpkin...it actually "melts" really easily while stirring...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

float: mommies, I managed to find a supplier of that exact float TrisMom recommends. My rough calculation will be around S$15-16 including shipping. Not confirmed yet as I haven't contacted the supplier. I will open a BP if there are lots of interest. Anyone wanna order?

I have more details pics of the float as well. Will upload tomorrow.

Ermmmm: do u mind taking a video of your baby swimming in that float if you manage to find it? I'd like to see how it works before I do the BP. If you have time lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The float is created by a China company so def it's from China.. It's made in Shanghai if I'm not wrong.. Brand name ABC.. 2 colors blue or pink.. I can get it at $15 but MOQ 20.. I wanna get 1 for my BB too..

Wendy : the float doesn't have any support on the butt. There is like a slanted board where baby lies one. So they r supported in swimming position but hands above the float stops her from sliding down.

Koola : I've got video. Gotta find time to upload it. But the picture in the momnbebe website is an actual photo.

enmummy ^5 then you wait Til #1 independent then have #2 . for me have to stop cos high risk mom hehe

Hammiebao and kool post picture I wan to see the float if look ok I dun mind joining The bp . Want to start my boy swimming hehe

Gd morn mummies! Last nite thunderstorm woke my girl up. She was so scared and cried v badly. These days, she was easily frightened by loud noises eg aeroplane and thunder.

Mummywong, Need to feed one meal only? I feeding my bb breaskfast at 8am, lunch 11am, fruit at 3pm, dinner at 6pm. Is this too much? In btw she still drink alot of milk

Enmummy, thanks for sharing. I don't have slow cooker. Any brand to recommend? Thanks!

Hammiebao, I'm keen on the float. Thanks!

Cook porridge using slow cooker- if u wan faster cook, u can put hot water instead. Btw, any mummy put 干贝 for taste better? Can put or not suitable for bb? Hw about red dates?

Hammie, include me for the float. Thanks! Bought him a pool le but still haven try. Btw, the float is meant for till wat age? Any strain on the arm/shoulder cos saw from the web it seems like hook/tie at the back.

Twinfish, my mum will put 干贝, 枸杞子,red dates. All are added for taste only, not for bb to eat. She uses normal rice to cook. Whereas my mil buy 珍珠米. I think 珍珠米 easier to cook till 烂,but then it is more sticky. Not too sure if less water are added or.

Gd morning mummies!

Bluesoda, same here. My bb Charlotte woke up by thunder last night too.. Last night thunder was quite bad...luckily she didn't cry just keep wanting to hug for comfort keep rolling about..

Oh so many mummies start porridge already ah.. I haven't lei

My nanny want to start but we hesitant cos we read from a poster at pd clinic saying start porridge at 9mths due to allegy

Anyway my poor girl prolong cough flu .. Now has to take 5 diff kind med everyday ... Hope she will get well soon

Hey mummies, any one on similac milk powder ?

Just to share , There is a promo now buy fr their estore - 3 tins free 1 tin, plus free delivery to yr home. You need be their Abbott member sign up for free then they will email u the deal promo code.

I just ordered last night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nana> so far i'm feeding 1 cereal meal only, which i'll start porridge to replace to 6pm meal shortly, as now my MIL maid went back Indonesia home leave & I reached home around 7pm from work so I cannot feed the porridge meal, thus I'm only restricting 1 cereal meal now. You mean your 8 & 11am are cereal & 6pm is porridge? How's her milk intake? Actually I dont really know what's consider enough/little for bb, since every bb is different, but i try to gauge my bb is having enough cereal from his expression. Personally I dont suggest too much cereal a day since it might be too heaty & cause constipation? Are you feeding fruit puree or real fruit at 3pm?

Twinfish> yes 干贝 can be mixed in porridge to create the taste, but not for the bb to eat. My mum used to put 1-2pcs to cook my niece porridge in the past.

Wendy> Are u still ordering the pacificier?

Mummywong, I see.. Morning cereal 4 tea spoon. Noon and night half bowl porridge. Fruit is fresh fruit blended. I so worry I overfeed my bb. I offer very little for her at each meal. Her milk feeding is really haywire, she suka suka want milk. I don know how much she drink through latching. Now she don't wan milk from milk bottle, I think I'll be having a hard time aft I back to work in august.

Float:

Mommies,

I'll see if I can contact the supplier and if there is no MOQ for around S$15

Errmmm:

I'd love to see the video. Let me know when u have uploaded. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back