(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

ermmm:

I reaalllly envy you can pump so much a day. My supply has dropped alot ever since I stopped my medication for a week during CNY. Usually I let my baby latch on, however the remaining breastmilk which I can store these days in freezer is only about 100ml or less. Right now I'm still taking lactation medicine to keep my supply. Are you taking any lactation medicine?

Evenflo Exersaucers,

Distributor has confirmed that they can give a 15% bulk purchase discount off the usual offer prices (at dept stores) if we buy 5 sets and above.

Hammiebao & Sharon Pang: I have pm you the available models and details.

BP will close this Thursday, 3 March 2011. Anyone else keen pls pm me for further details. =)

Littlebaby123 : I'm pumping exclusively cos baby had prob latching initially. Then now I think oversupply and she doesn't like to latch. I used to take fenugreek, but stopped taking since cny. I find there is diff in vol if pump 4hrly or 6hrly overall, but I'm not bothered as it's enuff for baby. Prob cos baby been taking same quantity since 1 month old. I dunno why but she refuse to drink more. If drink more, she puke. So if she is happy, just let her be. I noticed that if vol reduce, I start fenugreek n pump more frequently for a couple of days then ok already. I dun like to take fenugreek though, cos I'll get blocked ducts which takes days to clear. Of course, I also pump very long if it's > 6 hr interval. Like 45mins on PISA. Dunno how I can pump for so long when I'm back in office. Sigh

Hey nelotte, mummywong10 and all

Thanks for sharing! Was so guilty abt wanting to drop the night pump. My supply alr not fantastic, daily yield with 6-7 pump abt 600ml only which is enuff for day feed. I also pressed my breasts till they look bashed up coZ like Wat nelotte says, pump no milk but when pressed still hv milk come out. I pump max 20min each time so as not to tire myself out. Realise if pump after 5-6 hours, v difficult to pump. The milk Ma chiam stuck in the breasts, hv to pump longer.

But nelotte, 45 min is tiring leh. I will doze off.....

Ermmm

Wah, ur supply so gd! Envy those who pump 3-4 x and get the same amt or more.

Ermmm

Same here, my bb drinks 110ml still, never really increase coZ puke if we give more. Btw, I m taking 9 tabs fenugreek to maintain my alr low supply. I tried stop eating but supply is even worse.

Surf : my girl drinks like 130ml on 4hrly n no night feed. We feel she drinking too little so will put 150-160ml in every bottle in case she wanna drink more. 50% of time, she drinks like 80-100ml only! So total req a day is 750ml. So actually I only have 1 extra feed a day. If

I drop to 3 pumps a day, I suspect will barely meet demand.

Supply : oh I remember that LC asked me to massage after I pump for like 15-20 mins, which is when I see that there is no more milk come out. After massage for 5 mins, then pump another 5 mins. She said will increase supply. I've been doing that since beginning so I can't tell the diff. I do notice that can have another 1-2 letdowns = 20-50ml more. Maybe u mummies can try.

ermmm (ermmm) : Yes i agree its a little noisy when u turn on the ionizer but I can't help but feel tt it really works,since anyway its only 15mins,i will on it when i find the air smelly..or even sometimes when BB poo n caused smell it will detect n the air will be clean.. it has help in my asthmatic prob n true tt we dun hv tp change filter so often..

Alamak~~ I always pump for an hour..haha..faintzzz...

How many letdowns do u mummies typically experience or target in a session? For me, it is abt 2 letdowns in 20mins.

Nelotte

Realise u using single pump, then yah? Will take double the time. Consider switching to dual when u go bk work, save time .

Ermm

I get sore nipples if pump too long on Pisa. The suction is so strong. Oh, will try your method see if get more letdown.

Sometimes my bb will wake up for nite feeding. Thinking whether I can prepare the fm first and put in the warmer... Issit safe? Coz the instructions says the fm will turn bad after 2 hrs..

Bluesoda (dwjphoo): Hihi, I hv heard frm PD tat its nt gd to leave d milk even in d warmer for too long cos milk after 2hrs will cause bacteria so better not risk it ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bluesoda> it's better not to prepare the fm first. let the bb cry while u prepare, the most's 5mins? better than u prepare & the bb dont wake up on time to drink, then the milk like leave outside so long.

Babywonder : the other 2 settings can set whether wanna on ioniser or not. So I will use the Max power ioniser (15 mins one) then the one with humidifier. When I use thru the night, will turn off ioniser. Think this is gd cos of heap filter. Have u changed ur filter before? I think gotta change soon.. Need to find cheap filters. Haha.. I know US is very cheap, but too exp to ship.

Surfs : I will also get sore nipples sometimes. So change the power to lower Loh. Then feel better then set it higher again. Usually use the 4th point on the gauge or 3.5. I think I'm using quite high, but so long comfortable and express quickly, I guess it's ok.

mummies, I am back to work today and feeling ok so far. Just looking forward to lunch time with colleagues, and pumping time later and then knock off time to fetch baby from babysitter!

i used manual pump. bought at $8 which serves me well until now. Can pump 200ml within 15mins if drag 4-5hrs.

my girl is still drinking 80-90ml every 3 hr. she's 3.5months old now. i want to increase the amount but don know how.. shd i change to a larger teat?

hpc> im back to work for a wk already..still adjusting.. coz last time i used to rest and relax and be a couch potato once im hm from work, now, haf to rush hm, bathe and quickly take care of baby...

Trismom : any idea how much increase is ur electricity bill after u got the deep chest freezers? Mine gone up by >$50. Dunno is it cos of the freezer or cos rainy season so we use dryer more. Some more I just changed to inverter aircon to save on electricity. Sigh

Hi, just to share ...

Me back to work last week, exclusively pump, now pump 4x per day (morning around 6.30 am, 2x at office, 11am and 5pm and at nite 10pm).

Total per day is around 800ml plus.

My girl drink 5 x 130ml, so enough to cover the daily needs and have extra to freeze.

Previously pump 5-6x per day before went back to work, the supply down a bit (before is around 900ml).

I'm using PISA, usually will take 10 mins to pump (max the power) and follow by squeeze for another 10-15 mins. Found that the PISA can not dry up the milk, when squeeze can still get another 50ml plus.

Mummywong: ya black powder that came out fr medela motor. Think its not batt. I call medela office. They say I din dry the pump parts b4 using, thus water goes on tube n motor

I am left with 3 wks and i'll b back to work!!! Sobs sobs. I like working but I love being and caring for my baby. Sad!

ermmm: I see, thanks for sharing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Guess you must be feeling very "sian" to start work next week.

Charlene: I'm taking both fenugreek and domperidone. The only thing about domperidone is it will make you fart alot. :p That's why I stopped taking during CNY but supply dropped....Haiz...

Jo: After 6 months as our babies start taking solids, how often should we feed them with EBM? I heard we can let baby drink water after 6 months.

I also going back to work in 2 weeks time. I got a contract & temp staff to cover me for the past 16 weeks not sure k I still find my table & chair when I back to office.

And I know I'll miss my bb when I'm back o work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Orangebb, let's meet up for lunch more before u back to work! Haha

So many baby fair coming up and I feel like getting a new stroller.. But hubby keep nagging haha

I will head to Taka fair when it starts cos I work at Paragon and go there during lunch time. So any mummies want me to check on anything, let me know. Will try to check adn post findings here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thank GOd I feel ok coming back to work. This mroning I actually snoozed my alarm and turned it off when it rang at 6.45am. Then Thank God again that all of a sudden, a gf texted me to ask me if I had started woirk already at 7am. It was very divine. Else I sure late for work, off to bad start.

I wanted to pumpo twice in office but lazy, so pumped once after lunch at 2pm only. Doesn't help that office fridge is the hotel room type and also fridge full and freezer too small to even contain my medela ice pack. So I thick skin, go knock on neighbour office door to borrow their fridge for today. Maybe tmr see how again. Now I look forward to knock off time!

abt pigeon bottles,

I have 2 brand new BPA pigeon bottles (240ml) to sell away. Any mummies interested, can pm me. I'm selling abt 40% cheaper than the retail price.

I was back at work for 3 days and tmr will on leave till 18 mar, yippie gg Tokyo this sat for 1 week holiday really looking fwd to it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Koori> enjoy ur holiday! U gg with ur hubby? Or with ur bb as well? My hubby kept persuading me to go Bangkok with him. But I can't bear to leave my baby with my in laws..

Travel with baby,

Wanna ask how u all bath bb when travel to overseas? The bathtub in hotel is too big for bb right? Thanks

Thanks mummies

Sharon - ya heard it's dry there need lots of moisturizer.

Bluesoda - am bringing no.1 with us. Bb will stay with nanny.

Hammiebao - last time brought along an inflated tub bought from toyrus.

Littlebb123: yes, by then need to give a little water to wash down food or juices to prevent dental problem. Milk intake for a 6 month old should be about 560-600ml per day. So you space out the feeding, can mix ebm with cereal also, feed direct...etc. I would keep the morning and night feeds. Breakfast add a small amount into cereal, tea time can feed also. Since they haven't really go on full solid, milk should still be a big part of their meal. Plan first then alter as you go.

Jb shopping.. I feel their clothes like not soo good quality.. Baby kiko is oki or some other branded ones in places like jusco.. Think Bp clothes r of better quality n reasonably priced

Any mummies know of any high chair that is good in the sense that can adjust a few levels n easy to store?

Back