(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

re: pneumoccocal vaccine claim from medisave

i had done a quick check, and polyclinic cfm can do the medisave claim for pneumoccocal vaccine but for GP/PD clinic, think only some who have registered can do the claim for u. thus u got to check with ur GP/PD if u can do medisave claim.

Janivity, thanks.. Will just ask my SIL buy for me cos she go Aust every month!

Ueno, thanks.. Will find out more about it online then ask my SIL to buy for me.. Hee

jus came bk fr a&e at nuh. Got serious cough n flu fr hubby which causes me to hv asthma attack. 1st time ther. C many strange cases n ppl. Wat a tiring experience.

I just realise i need 2 more green colour stamp for the huggies town passport. My baby wearing M now (pink stamp). Anybody dun need green stamp can give me?

Chris - Take care & get well soon.

BTW may I know how much should I put to bb bonus to get d max benefit? $6K?

Must I do it at once or k do it as n when just b4 my bb reach 6yo?

Many thanks

thks vt n jo. Feeling much better alrdy.

Haiz, suddenly feel so sian. My parents keep askin me to stop bf n to giv up my dog. Thy tink bf is makin me weak n my dog is causin me to hv asthma attack n fallin sick often. Thy keep nagging n nagging, nw i m feelin so mentally weak. Shld i really giv up on bf? Do i really hv to let go of my dog? Haiz, i dont blame my parents, cos thy meant well. Bt its alrdy nt easy to bf, their constant wet blankets mak it an even tougher journey for me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chris: take care!

Vt: no need to do all at once. Can spread out till 6 years on. But once you deposit 6k mcys will send you a letter telling you they will not match anymore. We didn't know abt it so put 6k at one shot. Govt sent us the letter the following mth.

Sian!!! Going back to wk on Monday[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chris, take care! and I don't think breast feeding will make u weak, maybe can try asking doctor and see what is doctor's advise?

VT, 6K to get the max benefits and u can do it bit by bit until child 6 years old I think..

OrangeBB, I going to redeem the huggies on Monday! I need the toy for my very plain and boring stroller.. haha

Chris - Don't give yourself too much stress my personnal feeling is bf only make us feel better I don't see much different coz I only bf my #2, so far I don't see much different on both of them. My husband got genetic asthma my #1 kan na it, my #2 (bf bb) like have a bit of asthma symptom also. So bf or not don't have much different lor!

Thanks Cherrie & Hammiebao for the advise.

I also going back to work soon not only sian I just realised I forget my password for the accounting software & copier machine siao liao!

Hi mummies

Re: sleeping thru the night and no need wake up latch

For mummies who exclusively latch, the body adjust not to produce so much milk during that time of the day. But wat abt mummies who pump exclusively? Does the logic apply?

Hv started work and it is tiring to wake up and pump. Wish can sleep thru but I m worried that overall supply will drop. Read somewhere if dun wake up to pump at least once, supply will drop.

Just to share also, same as Jo, I held on to solids for my elder gal till she 6 mths. I guess, u hv to seek pd advice. Start solids only if ur bb does not seem to get full from milk feed. A Fren started solids only after 8 mth as bb not ready, and coZ overweight too. If take solid early, lagi more overweight.

For my boy this time, I will also wait to see Wat pd advised during check up. For now, she alr saying to watch milk intake as my son at 97th percentile!

I m usually a silent reader but Chris, I need to say something for tat poor dog tat could not speak for itself. I hav a dog myself... Before I got it, lots pple warned me abt e suitability of having it once I got my kid. Regardless of tat, I still got my dog and I told myself I will nt giv up on him.

Now I hav my boi, sometimes my dog barks loudly and startled him, I scolded him but realized, wat he did was us wat he will do when Matt was nt born yet. Afterall, Ted is a dog... He did wat he should to alert us of strangers.

Now when I wake up @ night to express my bm, Ted wakes up without fail to walk and stays me in my living room until I m done before gg back to sleep on his blanket.

I m not selfless, jus tat we as dog owners, we shld hav considered these b4 getting a pet. If e dog is nt affecting the new addition, I dun see why we shld change our mind in keeping e dog.

Dun think bf affects our health, but I do feel my legs r nt as strong as previously so I m drinking milk to supplement.

Wat I m trying to say in my super long post is dun giv up in wat u believe in, if u believe bm is good for baby, dun giv up. Same for ur dog, dun lose e confidence of having him, if u hav e passion of having him in the first place, why lose e faith now when he is not the cause of e change?

thks all for the encouragement.

Vividip > totally agree w u. Bt i m jus feelin mentally weak. Cos my dog is showing signs of anxiety too. Jus to share. Example, whn bb cry, i rush to attend to him, my dog will scratch on the safety gate n whine. He cn do tat for more than 1 hr. Poor dog, his nails r totally filed n blood oozes out. Cn c blood drop on the floor n the gate. Thn he wil lick off his own blood fr the gate. N nw we dont bring him out often anymore. I use to brin him for many dog events. Smtimes i m thinkin if i m deprivin him of the possibility tat smone who cn giv him more than wat i cn nw. So w parents nagging n dog anxiety, i m really feelin mentally weak. No longer knw wat i shld do. Haiz, sian.

Oh my, he scratches until he bled? It mus b painful for u to see that happened. I understand how tat feels... When I jus discharged, my mum dun allow him into my room where he used to sleep. Although he did not scratch e door, he will whine like wanting to come in. Tat time he was standing at the door, I was crying on e bed w lots of guilt for neglecting him.

Is ur dog a big breed/more aggressive dog thus u r separating him frm baby? My dog is free to roam ard e house now, when my baby jus came home, we let e dog smell him and we will carry e dog to see e baby, telling him tat baby is didi and we love him even though now there's didi... Jus as though he's a kid.

But I mus say I m luckier, although my mum dotes him lesser now, my whole family is still v attentive to him when I bring baby and dog over for visiting. My sis kindda gives him more attention to make up knowing that I mus giv some attention to baby.

How abt bringing e dog for a walk together w baby? Mayb he's feeling deprived... Let him know he and baby can co-exist.

Chris - I'm afraid of pets that's y I dt keep pets but just to share some of my feeling. Pets are like our baby too, we should try our best to continue to give them d same level of love before we give birth our own baby. Give yourself sometime to think abt it what is the best for yourself, baby and d dog continue this type of situation is unhealthy to all of u. Relax take one thing at a time. Cheers!

vivi > mine is a small dog, bt he shed alot n barks quite loud, so we confine him to the kitchen. He used to sleep in the kitchen too. I dont tink i cn handle bb n a dog outside alone. Hubby is only free on sunday, bt tats the time he does housechores n his work at hm. I m jus hoping tat i cn bear for anthr 3 mths, whn bb is 6 mths thn mayb i cn let the dog has more freedom at hm.

Ya Chris, stay positive k... Look forward to baby growing up and will hav ur dog as a companion. We can also nurture and teach our kid from young how to take care of our dog, build up their sense of responsibility and caringness! There is actually alot they can learn from our pet! =)

Jollymummy: Just saw your message on tomorrow's lunch! Thanks for organising but I can't join you mummies as my bb just had his vaccination jabs and though thank God for no fever or side effects, he seems like he needs more rest & I am on OWO here. So enjoy yourselves! Hope to join you mummies for gathering soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thks tenderheart!

Accordini to my parents, my bb jus managed to flip! Too bad i didnt witness his 1st flip. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] he is a grown up boy nw. Lookin forward to his nex milestone.

Hi hi Bluesoda,

U can try the Sharp Ion Plasmacluster [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I hv been using it cos i hv asthma n its good for BB as well. Air is very fresh in my room everytime i use. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

U can check it out first..

bluesoda > i hv the same feeling too. Whn i leave my bb w my parents i also feel insecure, although thy hv ample experience. Wonder if its a natural feelin ..

Chris> think so...at least u r better than me coz ur own parents are taking care of your baby. I feel that is much easier to communicate with your own parents... Sometimes i really dun agree with my MIL's method. But all i can do is tolerate..hiah...

I also been having that thought. Since the mother is baby's main caregiver, actually its more reassuring that she hand baby to her own mum to take care rather than MIL, whmo she may not be so comfortable to voice out certain things.

Too bad my mum is too busy to help me with baby. My MIL has experience taking care of many other babies in past... and sometimes she is overly helpful even offering to take baby overnight from mon-thu.

I also feel sadness when passing baby over to MIL but i know i should be grateful to have help from someone trustworthy..

Jan> you r rite! I shld be grateful tat my MIL is willing to help me. She too very experienced as she has been taking care of grandchildren for the past 10 yrs.. If nt for my MIL, i may haf to put my gal in infantcare which im quite uncomfortable...

Surf (clouds_54):

I stopped pumping at night since about 2 months ago, I think. Supply still ok, reduce a bit, but as long as I keep pumping regularly in the day, I'm happy hehe. Nowadays I only pump about 6 hrs interval in the day, sometimes 4-5 hrs. Can get around 200ml from both breast. Last pump usually around 12am. Woke up in the morning, sometimes as late as 9am, can pump abt 400+ml. But each time I tried to pump longer, around 45mins-1 hr to stimulate a few let downs.

I'm ok with that schedule coz I found 3 hrs interval is just too much for me. My boy still get enuf bm, he drinks around 150-170ml every 3 hrs. I only give him FM at most twice a day during late hours like 4am coz too sleepy to warm up EBM.

Nelotte: wat pump did u use? I wish i could pump like u n not every 3 or 4 hrs n wake up twice to pump at nite. How do u deal w lumps? I was late twice last wk n got plugged ducts which i manage to clear today after 3days!

nelotte> u mean u pump for 45mins? did i read wrongly? u pump for so long ah?

surf> i also almost pump exclusively to feed. i pump every 3hrs in the past, even at night. since cny, i pump around 3.5-4hrs in the day, during cny it's very difficult with the visiting, sometimes can drag to 5hrs! for night time, now i usually once at pump 5-6hrs as i'm too lazy to wake up..meaning pump one time before sleep (if i can tahan till 12am) then the next time is usually when i wake up in the morning. or if i fall asleep around 9plus, i'll wake up once around 3-4plus to pump then the next time would be in the morning around 7plus.

wow.. u gals here v hardworking leh... i also pump exclusively to feed. for the past 2 mths been stickin to 6-7 hrs interval pumping meaning 4 x per day. but yest i started to drag to 8-9 hrs pump cos wanna slowly slow down n stop pumpin. but my breast hard like stones after 8-9 hrs.

Wow u girls have so much b milk! I used to pump every 3 to 4 hours. But cny period I was v lazy so dropped by half. Then last week I went overseas for 4 days. I only pumped at hotel room, other hotel toilets, shopping centre and even at the airport. So wasted. Gotta pump and throw. Supply dropped a lot. Now I can only get 100ml after 6 hours. I just started wk today. Pumped at 830am. Only pumped again at 4pm. Think v soon my baby will be on fm only.

Hi mummies, I have been mia for the longest time here... It's really tough being a sahm and I can't find much time to constantly follow this thread *sweat*

Hope all of you are doing great and your lovely babies growing strong and well. =)

I plan to buy an Evenflo exersaucer for my boy now that he is learning to sit up. It will come in handy when I need to just step off for a while to do housework, etc.

I am currently checking with the distributor to see if they can provide bulk purchase discounts. We need about 10 sets to proceed I reckon. Delivery will only be to one location so you have to self-collect from my place in the East. Please pm me if you are keen k? =)

OrangeBB & mummywong: my pump is Pigeon Silent Single Electric Pump. So far it has been serving me faithfully. I also press quite hard on some parts of my breasts to make sure all milk are drained. Coz usually when pumping, seemed like there is no more milk, but if I press hard using my fist on the left side or right side of my breast, milk still flowing quite a lot. So I keep pumping, take turn left breast then right breast, compress a bit with cool cloth, then pumping again. At most 1 hr.. hahaha. Rest a bit here and there, watching TV or check forum hehe. So far not much lumps. There were a few times I got lumpy breasts but not that bad, I think that happened only first few nights when I tried reducing. Now 9hrs without pumping, my breast not that lumpy anymore. Still hard but not painful.

Babywonder : I second the sharp plasmacluster. It's helping me with my sensitive nose too. Only drawback is that the ionizer is noisy for me that I dun turn it on at night. When I did research for air cleaner some time back. It's the only one that has both ionizer n humidifier. Also dun have to change filter very often.

Bb dropping night feed,

Seen the doctor today and she suggest me to keep 1 night feed..

Seagal

Do u know around how much will it cost if we bulk purchase? Thanks

Pumping : I've also stopped pumping at night since baby was 6 weeks or so, once she stopped waking up at night. Day pump depends on my mood. Sometimes 4 hrly and can stretch up to 6-7 hr depending on whether I went out or not. So far, enuff for baby n still freeze about 300 ml a day. On sat, I froze a total of 750 ml on top of baby's requirements! I guess was cos during the week I stock up more n more bottles of milk in fridge. Also, cos I replace 1 feed with frozen milk daily. I'm going back to work next week. Thinking if i could reduce to 3 pumps a day. So pump once at work (during lunch) only.

Back