(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Re: Jamie yeo

Saw her at my gynae clinic. She definitely don look like she just gave birth still drinking cold drinks. I asked the nurse if that's her she say yes but shhh cos gynae don like them to reveal.

Re: cda

Only ocbc and scb? Other banks can?

We can put the $ at several intervals right doesn't have to be the whole 3k at one go?

Re: Jamie yeo

She said she deliver her BB very easily, of cos easy since the baby is only 1.2kg, our babies are like 3x of hers..

Nana, thanks!! all the best to u..

menses cramp like pain,

I told dr I experience once yesterday night for a very short while he say its good, sign that BB coming out soon!

Naf, why got surcharge of $800 one.. anyway 1 week late I think ok one lah.. just that now pple dont wait for so long.. I was 2 weeks late when my mum gave birth to me.. haha.. I guess I was too happy inside her tummy..

Re:washing hair during confinement

during my ante-natal class, WBB mentioned that hygiene is more important, last time pple dont wash hair cos they dont have hair dryer!! haha.. but if really don't wash, then wear a cap to gynae lor.. not so er xin.. if not I cannot imagine hair oily oily go to my gynae at orchard.. yucks~

woah so gd can drnk cold drinks... i also wish..

anyway, just back from gynae today, stitches already healed well. I lost 5kg already. Left 5kg to go to pre-pregnancy weight after 6 days of delivery.

bb: seen pd today. Gained back the 200grams lost after discharge. But jaundice level went up to 14.3..hai...sian...need to sun him more..but STILL NO SUN IN SIGHT LAH...hope the sky clears more.

CL: I beginning to feel a little of post natal blues manz..nt sure is it due to my naggy confinement nanny. I cant stand her. She talks a lot and yaks and nags a lot. I decided to stop BF due to many reasons. And i seriously breakdown when she kept telling me to try even though i had very little. I had my reasons as i already told her I will be migrating to overseas within a month and its not convenient for me as I be alone looking after bb overseas. Then today at PD, whoa i tell you all, she began talking to other cl at the clinic and then says "poor bb lor..so light weight, so tiny..legs cold..cos mummy dun breastfeed..she dunno how to look after bb tats why like tat"...

My heart bled leh...very hurting remarks lor. How can she say tat? I told my hb, best lor..my hb just tell me..aiyah ppl want to talk also no use..dun care lor.

But i really cannot take it already..mil also tell me breastmilk better..but its not i dunno. But I have already made up my mind, so is it ok not to accuse me like as though i am a bad mother trying to murder my own son when i stop breastfeeding...i am tearing even now non stop after i hear that comment. Actually after the engorgement issues..i couldnt stop crying once i settle quietly on my own bed. I only stop when i see my bb, cos i dun wan him to feel that mummy is sad.

I think i am really depressed...HELP MANZ..

Koori, CDA only OCBC and SCB, other banks cannot..

not sure about the several intervals but I think have time limit.. anyway its 6k.. not 3k.. correct me if wrong..

Quoted from https://www.babybonus.gov.sg/bbss/html/index.html

The CDA is a special savings account that you open at any OCBC Bank or Standard Chartered Bank branch for your child who is eligible for CDA. You can save in the CDA any time until 31 December in the year your child turns 6 years of age. The savings will be matched up to the cap of $6,000 each for the 1st and 2nd child, $12,000 each for the 3rd and 4th child and $18,000 each for the fifth and subsequent child. The Government will match your savings in the following month.

Hi vallous,

Ignore yr cl .... Dun listen to her remarks.

Take care! Fm also gd lah I've a fren also find it tough to bf. So she just go for fm. Her daughter is bigger than my elder son of the same age even though she's 2 weeks younger. Dun bother take it easy.

I still have 12 kg to lose. Today is 9th day since bb is born. 3rd day of massaging can see stomach reduced. Hehe. Probably less weight to loose but I'm determined to regain my pre-pregnancy weight.

Nana,

You are still early. I only have 2 more days to my EDD, yet baby still wants to keep me waiting. I have been resting at home for the past 1 month liao.

Thanks Csi_fan.

Hammiebao, cuz gynae do elective c-section on tue & if other dates tat we choose to our convenient or timing like eg aft c fengshui master, then got to pay tis surcharge. Think most gynae do have tis surchage. Btw, do monitor bb movement, if less then inform ur gynae. Same goes for me too if her movement dropped, then I got to admit hosp straight.

Very emo & bad mood now. My boys gave me big headache at clinic as goin in n out of room when gynae explainin to me. Then when doin ctg, made a lot of noises. Went lunch and again misbehave even though I gave warnin. Haiz. Now make me think of my mil suggestion to put them at her house durin day time for her to take care aft I give birth. Talkin abt mil, tis time she funny. Told my mum how come I never get confinement lady but in front of me, say confinement lady ex, dun engage. Maybe becuz I havin bb ger & she upfront like tell me she not comin over to help with confinement. I think gd for me too cuz she dun help out much as well...wait she drives me nuts again,

Koori> Yes you can deposit at several intervals..can govt will match your deposit amt..eg if u deposit 2k, govt will deposit 2k too

vallous,

(((hugs))) try to ignore what the CL says..she can talk talk lar, but who is she to u anyways? she's really just someone u hire to make your life easier, not harder! u won't see her anymore after the 28 days is over rite? no need to justify urself to her..

yes, we know from the literature and research etc etc that breast is best, but from a psychological POV it's definitely better to have a mummy that can be happy and calm formula feeding her baby, than a stressed mummy trying to BF baby and then feeling like a failure when she can't for whatever reasons right? if u find it hard to talk to ur MIL or the CL about your stand, then can u tell u hubby to get them to be a bit more sensitive about this issue?

personally i am very pro BF, but i'm also a strong believer that as mummuies, we are so much more than milk providers..to be able to effectively take care of our little ones, we need to be in a good mental state, n if BF is causing mental strain to the new parent, it may be a wiser decision for everyone invovled to go with FM instead..it's already such a big adjustment with a new bb rite?

ML ..gynae say binder she will provide aka charge to the bill haha...

jovial..i din know the csect line is so low i tot quite high so worry...those disaposable might hurt the wound haha

vallous.. dun care the CL ... swtich off when she tok :p and you lost weight so fast :eek: envy

Naf..your gynae so funny.. set a day for elective C sect without extra charges haha...mine the moment is elective = extra charge liao..

hammiebiao since gynae said ok then so be it but u also must monitor lah

Re: cda

Wow I din know only 2 banks for cda. So account must be opened under bb's name?

How abt bb bonus? We can just deposit into any acct right?

How to go ahead applying cda? Means we open with bank = open cda Liao?

Vallous ignore ur Cl. Sometimes I hate Cl that talk alot lucky mine this time round not so talkative, used to have hell from my ex Cl

PTB,

Haha, I used to think that the brown vertical line is the 'guideline' for CSect. Although apprarently from gynae that there are some country that CSect that way.

koori,

In MT A, you'll be given forms to fill during admission / after delivery. One is to apply for baby bonus + cash gift from MCYS and another is the respective bank's CDA form. Fill both up and summit to MCYS and they'll do the rest. I believe it's the same for other hospital. For cash gift, you need the statement of account (to show that the account belongs to the person that you want the money to be deposited to).

Hugs Vallous, since u hv decided & hv the support of ya family. simply ignore her n tell her off.. So rude to gossip somemore in front of u.. Terrible! U jiayew! Stick to ya own belief.

Mummies Waitg to pop naturally,tk note of the signs.. :p can b frustrating though.. N gd luck w the epi if u r takg I oso one of those shiver like hell de.. So scary .. But my labour was long I tot I better don b a smart alec.

I gg to wash my day on day9.. Haaa my #1 bday.. Else v ugly during foto takg haa.. Bun up & tight like a old Aunty.. Tats hw I looked today whn at PD. Pd say my boy jaundice still mild but ask us to go back on Fri again to double confirm.

Slist Chinese names for our boy Liao too went to

the shifu this morning.

Envy u leh Ueno..both ya L&S so co-operative. My #1 is driving me almost crazy w his stubborness, i think it a way of his attention seekg.. Sigh no one can handle him..I tryg to keep myself calm n not to hit him, coz I never. I know it b worse if i does tat. #2, wakes up almost every 1 hrs for milk. No slp at all for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

enummy/csi.. Freestyle is indeed v lightweight.. But as usual I yield v lil unlike u.. Decided nt to pump Liao...!as my breasts don feel as full anymore.

Shifu to calculate Chinese name,

anyone got good shifu contact to share? thanks..

Vallous, just ignore ur CL!!

Naf, I didn't know elective C sect have to pay extra.. anyway I guess its normal to have mood swing now.. try to relax urself!

Anyone got the news ytr nite I tot I heard it say mummy takg painkiller durg labour will reduce the potency of baby boy.. I din watch it .. Wat was it abt?

Hammbiebao.. For both my boys I got from

Long Tian Xiang Shifu, at Bullion Park.. Along Lentor.. Quite near ya hse rite.. Nt bad.. The cost is $80. We got it thru frens' recommedAtion

News Yesterday regarding pregnant woman,

The news was saying that pregnant woman(pregnant with boy) who consume pain killer during their pregnancy, the baby boy will risk 7x of being infertile, especially during 4-6 months of pregnancy, the risk increase to 16x..

Shan can I have the contact no. of the shifu?? thanks.. yup quite near hubby place.. hubby stay Upp Thomson.. hee.. I dont wanna go you long zhi as I read alot feedback say the names he gave all about the same one..

thanks gal..will ignore her ..and try my best. she damm good one..she talks so much till she can follow me ard the house and continue talking lor. AMAZING. I close my room door and lie down, she can come in and then just to tell me my mum buy the mittens not good and show me the good ones..Bloody hell...i feel like throwing the bad ones she says into the dustbin. Cos she been saying it for 2 days straight each time she change bb's mittens. Nag and nag and nag. Nag from the milk to the mittens to the shirts to the pants to the nappy rash cream to the bottle, to even the pots and pans. Kaoz....ENUF manz..she driving me nuts....

CDA> any someones explain to me how it works? so once you bb register birth, you get 4k cash to the bank account? then if you deposit 2k, govt deposit anr 2k into the bank account, maximum they'll match's 6k at the end of the yr? all are cash is it? but we cannot draw out to use right?

vallous> ya i also pro BF, but i believe u also have your own difficulties and i'm sure its hard for u to come to that decision, most important's the support from yr hubby so yr hubby must understand & support yr view.

vallous> is the CL from agency or not? can you terminate her service if she's driving you nuts? i think u'll suffer from post-natal blues soon if you continue to have her in yr hse.

shan, i think i managed to yield that amt yesterday coz the night before, bb kept latching on. (or rather, I was soooo tired, I just latched her on while lying down on my side. so I can zzz at the same time. And I think she kinda took it as her pacifier. haha.) That kinda helped with the ss I guess. But today I haven't pumped yet. Think ss might just dip a bit.

My #1 also very stubborn these few days. I couldn't hold back anymore yesterday. I hit her yesterday. So heart pain. Couldn't stop crying after that. So tough...must not forget the elder sibling, yet at the same time, must look after younger one. Haiz...

re jamie yeo, wah...still can drink cold drinks ah. She good leh.

Vallous, *hugz* Pls ignore your CL. She's just an outsider. Take it as radio spoilt. Impt thing is yourself and bb. So have enough rest, coz like you said, you'll be taking care of bb on your own when u move overseas. So, it's v impt that you recuperate and build up your system now. Just think of all the fun you'll be having with your boy in future! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Koori_Kaylen> it must be "exciting" for you to see Jamie. Did she regain her figure already? I doubt she do confinement so she drinks cold drinks maybe? Wah both of u share same gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

milk supply> is it normal for milk supply to drop? i feel that now i express much lesser on my left side, but increase on my right side. i worry in few days time my supply'll drop further? i don't feel engorgement though.

mummywong>> baby bonus of 4k will be received once every 6 months each time amounting 1k, up to baby is 2yrs old. The amount can be deposited into parents account and can be withdraw..

As for the CDA, it will be dollar to dollar deposit max up to 6k for the 1st & 2nd children till 6years old.. so parents will have 6 years to top up the account.. for the CDA, it cannot be withdraw for own use. Only bb can use, in areas like visiting doc, nursery etc

I just realised that my feet damn swollen like pig trotters!! Especially the ankle.. sob sob

jazel> hope ur bb wil come out on time lor..

shan> yea, the waiting is very frustrating.. totally no mood to do other stuff. ur little boy drinking milk every hr? must be very tiring.

Jun Lim> thanks for explaining. so baby bonus & CDA is different. CDA will be deposited into SCB or OCBC under child's name is it? do u by any chance happen to know if i can use CDA overseas (nursery etc)?

Hi hammiebao, I went to jing zi long shifu this time for no. 2.

Paid $88 for names. For no 1 I went to you long zhi paid $100. For jing zi long, his son took over the calculations of names Liao. He asked for parent's name and sibling of bb name plus date and time of birth. For you long zhi, only gave the date and time of birth. Somehow I feel that jing zi long is better even though the booklet given by you long zhi is much nicer.

Hi csi_fan,

I'm also using medela freestyle pump. It's gd and it is quite quiet. It has a let down function and can charge the battery so that you dun need any electricity to power it.

vallous : don't get too much pressure on the bf part... I think more importantly is bb eating well, be it bm or fm. My bb is also having 90% fm since he doesnt latch on. Since your CL is giving you more trouble than helping you, would it be possible to terminate her? Able to get your mum or MIL to help out instead? If not get your hubby to talk to her and make her shut up? Else if this goes on then it wont do you any good too.

Mummywong: i don't think can use overseas. Acct is under child name with a parent as trustee in the account.

My milk supplies also varies by day ... and getting lesser. I tink mainly because my bb doesnt latch on, so I just try to pump and feed him loh.

vallous, Wah Liao.. We paid over 2k for such nonsense.. I sometimes oso think no need to b so nice to tolerate their nonsense since we pAid so much for them.

Hammiebao.. I pm u later.

vallous> I oso have similar encounter with my stand-in CL n within 2 days sent her off. We din wan her to work for the full week while waiting my actual CL to come. We simply find it stress with her ard. She oso quite chatty n possibly talked to anyone. This is just one of the problems she had.

mummywong10> i experienced my milk supply not enough for my bb. She now can take 80ml in 2hrs, n the most i can pump is 60ml within the same period n top up with fm. How to keep up with her intake?

Chinese name> i oso look for long shifu for names.

if you have chinese character you wan to give to bb, he can accomodate the character in. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For birthcert register> We registered only her christian name + last name w/o dialect or han yu pin and her chinese character.

shan> if bb drinking every hr, is it bb not enough? cos when I bf her, oso experience similar. When i top up with fm, then her next feeding can be longer.

ahko80> usually bb drinks more frequently when we BF, whereas FM can last longer as one reason's BF we cant gauge how much bb has drank, the other reason's BM more diluted.

shan, im also using the same shifu for my bb's gal chinese name [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: Baby Bonus / Birth Registration

Do we need to do bb's birth registration first before we can apply for the baby bonus? And can we do it in ica for the baby bonus as well?

jolyn: Yes, all the baby bonus and CDA acct must have bb birth cert then can do one.

Koori: I eaten a buffet from four season before. The food and setup quite ok but i feel quite thirsty after the meal.. not sure if they use alot of msg or what. But my friends who had the same buffet doesnt have the problem. am also shortlisting them for baby shower too.

thanks all, i will try my best to ignore her for now. I will begin my "retreat to safe haven" aka in my room and close room door,wont open at all even though i am outside. Its a signal to her, PLS BACK OFF, Leave me ALONE.

My mum listens to my troubles now so its still within limits. I will also write a LONG letter to agency to complain about the nagginess. Just now only she complain my hampers got no pants for bb, damm...i got 4 already ..still not enuf ah. Buy so much..for 1mth then next time how? Throw in storeroom ah...she think i loaded sia.

Anyway, I will talk to my hb first, he still thinks she is bearable as she is experienced. No doubt, i "ren" because she is good in handling bb, and for the sake for putting on weight for bb, other then that...mummy will tahan.

Paiseh gals...i think i blare too much here...but i need to let loose or i go gaga..

Csi I lazy to pump nw coz nothing then tt pathetic lil Amt wanna throw I heartpain haa though like 10ml. I juz freeze it anyway.

Nana.. Jiayew eh ya I know n the feelg is this it? Shd I

go hospital or wat? Hee btw hv u gotten the maternity shoots? It been ages...

Ya I think Long ShiFu nt bad.. So far wat he say abt my #1 all acurate..

Ahko, ya tat mean bby Is nt having engf can't last them more than 1 hr. My prob is once he slp he can't wake. So he took 15mins the longest.. Last him 1.5hr lidat only. I din top w FM so I gotta go thru the pain of nursing him every hr lo. I tryg to b persistent on tbm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Csi_fan: yes it's me... Your first visitor from room 506...I hardly participate actively in this forum cuz my wk plc bars us from this forum. Only can read in silence via my phone. Can afford to be more active. How's bb doing?

You visiting pd tmr? I can't stand myself. Went to the pd's clinic at novena medical centre this morning with my oily hair followed by gynae visit at tmc.

Vallous: just ignore your cl's comments. I guess it's a matter of luck sometimes.

Cl: my cl is v good. Actually she is the replacement one. My actual one can't come this wk cuz I gave birth a week earlier so she got her cousin to do one week for me. She gives lots of good advice, can handle both my mum and mil well, pro breastfeeding, v supportive when I am suffering from engorgement, cooks really well etc. Always asks me to sit or lie down, has initiative like preparing heated chicken essence for me in the morning, asking my hubby to bring the right stuffs from eu yan sang for me etc. My in don maid just arrived today and she can translate for us. Hai I dunno if my actual one is good or not. I think I will cry when she goes back.

Post natal blues: I heard its v common. I felt a bit overwhelmed this afternoon too. Last week I was still having a good time with colleagues at siglap v till 1130pm and shopping at taka before that. Suddenly one week later I have new additions in the house - maid, bb, cl and visitors. Oily kitchen, fridge that is full, corridor lined with lots of clothes, engorged breasts, smelly hair, oily body after the massage and even down to wearing super auntie pajamas bgt by mil. Hours revolving ard feeding and pumping milk.

Mummywong,

Baby bonus = cash gift ($4000) + CDA (government match dollar to dollar up to $6000)

For CDA, you'll be given some sort of NETS card which can be used at the clinics or you can pay by GIRO for the childcare etc.

Baby bonus cannot be used oversea. It's only in Singapore and the institution (childcare, clinic etc) must be approved by MCYS (most childcare are approved)

cherrie, me too...my office ban SMH forum. I only joined this thread, when I started my leave before giving birth. haha. BB so far, so good lah...sleeping a lot, so I also sleep, esp when #1 is in school. That's the best time for me....

my pd visit is on Fri leh...yah lorh. Have to go Novena Medical Centre, then to TMC for gynae visit...I dun even want to think about the oily hair! HB say, wear cap. :p

You started your massage already? I think I'll start only next week. My relative only coming tonight to help me with confinement...I dunno how she'll be with bb etc...so far, my father's maid doing quite ok. My house is actually cleaner! Hahaha...

Shan, yah, I can understand what you mean about what to do with that amt pumped out. I was asking hb also....so little, to keep or not to keep. He says it's "liquid gold", so precious. Others want to pump also dun have. We have what amt is already good liaoz. Just freeze lah. So i also just freeze what amt I can pump out lah. But today me lazy...hehs...haven't pumped anything yet.

oh mummies, I just saw on the TV that tomorrow morning on CNA Primetime Morning programme, they will be a segment on childbirth and something about the risks of c-sect. For those who can, try to catch that segment. It should be informative for us I guess. I think it should be ard 9am? not too sure about the time. Didn't managed to hear what time it would start.

Vallous: hugs... I think you have done the right thing so ignore the CL! She probably just want to comment. Can understand how irritating it is. Jia you!

cherrie77, you have summarised the post natal blues very well. That's exactly how I feel sometimes. Lifestyle has totally changed, and now it revolves around pumping, latching and diaper changing.

Vallous, you can come online to let our your frustration whenenever you feel the need to. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vallous, which agency did you engage the CL... and why dun you give her a piece of your mind...

CSI...9am dun think can watch it...will be in office...and tomolo my last day in office ...hurray

orangebb, i tried to find the impression brand u ladies tokg about but couldnt so i bought other brand instead hopefully no issue

Back