(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

tenderhearted, wow, more than half of the mummies here have popped.

i'm so nervous till insomnia every night.. today went for check-up 2cm dilated.

Nana: Ya.. it's not even mid-Nov and more than half here have popped.. my Gynae has not performed VE on me so I do not know how much I am dilated but I guess she'll do it at the upcoming weekly check-up... I'm experiencing very strong nesting instinct since last week so busy with final washing, buying, reading and clearing of nursery for BB and waddling here & there so that I can sleep better at night... thinking alot abt BB too esp. after I saw him sucking thumb last scan...

Vividip: Placed you on the birth list so update more details when you're free. Drink more milk or even eat durians as some mummies previously suggested here? Why r u opting for c-sect btw?

shan: ya you can still pump or latch baby to help you relieve the lumps...i actively pumped 4-5 times and my lump is now gone...massaging with a hot towel also helps...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jo: i don't have ml yet cos' i c-sect but i have been massaging the lump myself...fortunately pumping helps to remove it...it was so bad initially that i felt pain even when i lift my arm...

ptb: cos' me emergency c-sect so will be more ex than elective c-sect...and i gave birth at mt e lor...i also had one more day of charges cos' i had a really long labor...

tenderhearted,

read from net, having nesting instinct is one of the labour signs, hee.. so soon wil b ur turn. today i asked doc whether i can skip VE. she said VE can help to stimulate the cervix to dilate. today's VE is not painful. first time was super painful til i cant walk.

Nana: Oh nesting instinct is also a sign of labour? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Good that your VE is not as painful now maybe cuz you're dilated? This is good news for you that BB is coming soon..

Cheerios: don't give up, you can slowly stretched. At hospital, he was sleeping throughout and it was hard to feed him so I started with feeding at least one breast 15-20 mins. Then during the 2nd and 3rd day, I tried 10 mins on both sides otherwise my breast will burst! By the day I was discharged, I continue to demand feed and try to feed 2 breasts 15 mins. Friday and sat, he was ok with 15 mins both sides already. I start the 21/2-3 hourly timing. So now I'm working on 20 mins each time. Then on sun, he

started sleeping through the night, with 10pm last feed.

I think whether ftm or STM, we all fumble. I also forgot some stuffs but recalled what to do after awhile. Work on it slowly, nursing our health is important too; afterall, they are only 1 wk old. Actually, I find them quite resilient, they pick up quite fast, so don't give up. Start slowly. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vividip

Don't worry. My boy was estimated to be only 2.5 kg max but he turned out to be 3 kg. The measurements are not accurate sometimes.

Orangebb

Was told by my friends to avoid chicken and eggs during the first 12 days after csect and also the snakehead fish as it causes keloids. Other than that guess all normal confinement food can be eaten

Tenderhearted: As last year I had an op to remove a fibroid at e uterus, gynae has concerns tat the wound for tat op may not b able to take e contractions thus better to go for c-section. Thus we decided to go for c-section w epidural, at least I can get to see baby when he first arrived. =)

Yup, hav been drinking milk twice a day... Hopefully it helps.

Shan, i'm using the medela PISA. took me abt10min i think, to get that amt. tried to pump longer, but nips were starting to feel sore...so stopped.

haiz, my gal everytime suck for 5 min, then fall asleep...won't wake up. haiz.

Wow! Scubababe, 3.75kg and no epi! You are good!! Salute you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Confinement Menu Chart

I'm unable (or dunno how) to post the chart to FB coz it's a excel spreadsheet. And I've deleted all the email add that u ladies prev PM me for the pre-natal notes. SORI OrangeBB, gotta PM me ur email addy again.

I hv not delivered yet. Looks like my little one does not want to gv me surprises. If nothing happens tmrw, then 11/11 got to reach TMC at 6am for admission and op is 7-9am.

tenderhearted .. sanitary pad will it help ? i am expecting if waterbag really burst it will be alot of water hahaha

well i am one of those yet to pop haha... still playing the waiting game hehehe....

ML...from 2.5kg estimate jump to 3kg actual..then mine if based on the diff... should be 4kg liao :eek: and i still have one more week to go leh...

nana ...my VE not painful one leh... either my threshold high or gynae is gentle only feel abit discomfort...one thing i notice is...must Relax ...guess u must be tense during the earlier VE bah

counting down... 7 days to go ....

vividip....drink more milk better than taking durian...cos durian = sugar...and i drink alot ..haiz...that's why my bb estimate only also 3.4kg as at last sat

orangebb, good luck on the new maid. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tampines Sinseh,

its actually recommended by Bluesoda afew months back..but i only went to see him yest. haa!! nt sure if he is good at backache, but hubby see him regardin his throat problem, currently under medcation, lets see how isit.

Good Neighour Medical Hall

Address: Tampines St 21, Blk 250, #01-508 Tel: 67815869, 67841680

Shan, Dimple,

Did Dr adrian did VE check on u once bb is engaged?

Ptb

Don't worry. Yours csect right. Bigger baby easier to care for

Vividip

Ya. Durians help. When my boy measured 1.6 kg at 32 weeks. I ate a lot of durians and protein. He grew by 400 plus grams in 2 weeks. U can try it.

Enmummy: Oic. I also c sect but I told her to come and do other parts first, she will touch womb only later. I find the massaging of breast very good, first time very painful but now not anymore and milkflow increases too.

Me still no sign & tmr is 40wks, going to gynae tmr for checkup & most likely got to discuss c-section [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hb & I wonderin whether can delay till next wk, best is 18 Nov since it is our rom anniversary...haha but depends on amontic fluid whether gd & c whether gynae recommends since last visit she said at most let bb overdue by 2 days nia..

feel quite emo whole of today and out of sudden got gastric pain in afternoon too...now kept tellin meimei to come out...even my 2 boys kept askin me & talkin to meimei...hope she hears us and come out naturally tonite leh... Wish me luck!

Wow other mummies experience aso sound quite jialiat. Hope Other FTM dun get scare off from our stories. Although my delivery is tedious but I had a gd experience at Nuh. We even had a celebration dinner tonite! The staff has been helpful n hospital gd at pain mgt. V encouraging Lactation consultants n nurses tat always ard to guide n give advice.

Hammiebao: I aso didn't expect my gal to top the chart...

Almost 4kg n 53cm long. ;))

Mrs Lee: you will know if you can go thru labour naturally when time comes. ;) gd luck m jiayou To you n those 40% reminding nov mtbs.

After 4D 3N stay, we shld be able to go back hm tmr as long as my fever dun comes back tonite... Tats where the real confinement starts! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i'm currently preparing the list for bb shower.

just curious, for the guest list. do we send out and request RSVP? Cos we need to arrange buffet right?

Most of the stuff can we get it off the net? Cos we still under confinment ma.. so cannot go out and get de right?

So lost now...

Anyone knows how to weigh your baby at home? Not sure if he's gaining weight.

Also, I remember someone mentioned in the forum earlier that she had paid for lactation consultant at Mt A. Did you bring your bb along and does it really help? Is your bb latching now? Am really considering to consult one cos my bb still not latching well and doesnt want to latch on as well... my milk supply is low when I try to pump and with him not latching as well, I'm really afraid I might "dry" up soon....

Jewel, good that u enjoyed ur stay in NUH... haha.. u make it sound like a holiday getaway!!

Naf, Good luck! hope meimei will come out tonight!!

Vividip, I drinking more milk hope that Bb will grow more!

I'm in my 37weeks 2 days now, can feel that my tummy is stretching.. the itch on my tummy caused by the stretching actually stopped few weeks ago.. but it started again yesterday.. is it normal that my tummy still grow at this moment? my tummy measured 37.5inchs for a few weeks and now become 38.50inchs almost 39.. today I find that my tummy is getting lower.. but hubby say no difference.. I also dont know whether I see wrongly or what..

Will be seeing gynae tomorrow.. and check with gynae.. oh.. I do experience backache on my right hip there.. below the hip bone actually.. any idea if it is a sign of labour or so??

thanks!

36hrs to seeing my no.2. Ü

My boobs feel like slightly engorged today n I ate 6 meals today! Didn't experience this for no.1. :0 Also feel less tummy shaking movements from no.2.

Ueno, how do u ensure S stay on his schedule? Looks like A3 will not be taking nap despite whatever I do n his schedule is not so routine. Then when u bf, howq do u keep L occupied?

Shan, can change CL already?

Hammiebao, bb is pressing on yr nerve, that's why u r feeling the lower back pain.

Jen: I went last week and I brought my Bb along cos that day was also the PD visit. It does help and Bb is latching on well though she likes to suckle till she fall asleep.

Hello Mummy,

I have opened unused MEDELA SWING (USA set) offering at $$150.

Kindly PM me if interested.

What's in the Box

Two each of collection containers and lids, one container stand, one valve, three membranes, one SoftFit breast shield, a carrying bag, Breastfeeding Information Guide, tubing, AC adapter, battery power option, neck/shoulder strap and Instruction Manual.

Two-Phase Expression Technology

The Swing features two-phase expression technology, an advanced pumping pattern that mimics a baby's natural nursing rhythm. This system works in two modes: the simulation mode and the expression mode. The simulation mode simulates your baby's initial rapid sucking to start your milk flowing, while the expression mode simulates your baby's slower, deeper suckling to express your milk gently yet efficiently. These modes work together to make pumping a quick and painless process.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4718656.jpg]

@bluesoda: yeah I'm taking ML starting 2morrow. Cannot tahan anymore, want to rest at home and do some nesting business hehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs lee, no Dr Adrian din do VE durg checkups. Think he those type v last min de.

Csi, I c thx I'm using freestyle juz nw tried. Same both breasts yield less than 10ml aft boy latched. Think I don my time pumpg.

Clover, can change since this wasn't the one we asked for initially. But my FIL say he can go

marketing, so try out n c hw 1st.

Gd luck to ya csect soon..

Mummies waitg must b so anxious aft hearg so mch stories.. Hee....

ya, i am waiting to pop too....coz my back is aching too much le.....this thurs will be 38 weeks le....wonder how long do I hv to wait some more lor...

I do hope she be early like her kor kor lor even though kor kor is only born 8 days earlier than edd lor....

how long will the waiting be.....hmmmm....

I had my 1st post natal massage today. The massage was shiok but I dunno is it gd cos majority of the time was spent on my legs n back. ML only spent abt 5 mins on the womb. I thought tis massage is focus on shrinking the womb but hw come so little time was given to massage it? May Zi know is this normal?

Dear mummies,

would like to share my birth story:

7/11 - morning has show just a little brown stain on panty liner. Went to Liang Court for FIL advance bd lunch. Having frequent irregular contractions but bearable so thot I can shop somemore to encourage dilation. Dun want to admit early and get strap down to CTG. So monitor and see how. Went Vivo and shop till 6pm with my kids then feel more backache and uncomfortable. Brought my boys to mum's place and went home to do some last min cleaning and packing. Called my gynae n inform him about my pain n proceed to Mt E delivery ward @ 9.30pm..

Strap to CTG and monitor contractions. Gynae came at 11pm. Checked only dilate 1 cm. OMG! Cant believe dilation so slow for my 3rd child. Told my gynae, dun burst my waterbag cos i know very painful so i told him i hope to monitor. Then he told me he will come back tml morning.

8/11 - Bb heartbeat was high but it settled down by 2am. But still having regular contraction. Cant sleep thru the nite. Gynae came at 6am, and told me he would like to induce me cos scare bb distress.

6:30am - on drip but CTG cant detect bb heartbeat until 8am, nurse informed gynae, gynae came and insist to break waterbag cos he suspect bb poo inside. True enough, the gush of water that flow out was yellowish n not clear fluid.

8.45am - Gynae told me need to perform e-csect cos scare bb swollen the meconium n will end up more complications.

11.30am- woke up from GA. Tummy super pain. Relieved to know thar bb is well except her birth is low at 2.555g. When i saw her from the video clip my hubby taken, i cried! She had gone thru alot in my tummy. My gynae told me that my uterus was in between my intestines dats y my gal cant gain or grow well inside. Glad that she is out safely. Thank God!

Tried feeding her bm today, wah she is very hungry and a good latcher. Nipples are abit red cos she really sucks very hard. Our hearts melts when we saw how she suffer n now safely in our arms.

Mummies who have popped, congrats!

Mummies who have not popped, do monitor ur bb movement closely especially after week 37 cos at this stage, bb will have less movements due to space constraint.

Sorry for the long post. Take care.

Shan, I don't BF at night. I'll just pump and leave "supper" in the fridge for CL to feed my bb. Anyway, I think my bb is just taking bf as a form of entertainment woh... She can suckle for 1hr if I keep talking/singing to her. But then, she can drink 50ml of FM immediately after that. Or she sometimes suckle for 5mins then fall asleep and refuses to wake up.

VT - congrats on your delivery. Sounds very action packed. keke. Glad that everything went well.

Clover,

initially I had to wake him up during the specific timings cos he's sleepy but after a few days he will wake up on his own. So I reckon he's drinking enough as he doesn't fuss in btwn. For night feeding I go on demand n he only wakes up every 4 hrs for milk. So I plan his schedule in a way that I only need to wake up once at 230am. He usually drinks 30mins taking a extra 10 on the other breast but there were times when he only drank 1 side n still slept 4hrs. So I believe he already knows the difference btwn day n night. L sits ard when I bf n self entertain. He doesn't mind me bfing didi cos he didn't complain. His bedtime is 7 too so I plan bb last feed to be at 630 pm n he will stay inside the room w me while I settle bb then after that I will put him to bed in his room at 7. Which means L takes his dinner at 530 n drinks milk at 630. Everything to be done by 630. So far so good. Cos L doesn't want his daddy to help him. He wants to stay w me n bb.

Omg.. Mucus plug just came out aft I pee pee. I can't really recognize how's the contraction feel like. I had menstrual cramp feelings from 2-3am. But now stop. So wat shd I do next? Totally unprepared..

Vallous

Just had time to read the posts in detail. I am also ftm. to ease the engorgement, you can use a milk bottle filled with hot water and roll it over your breasts. Just make sure you don't burn yourself. After that, u got to massage really really hard to get rid of the lumps. I had to use my hands to express most of the milk before the engorgement eased. This is my personal experience though. Hope it might help

Orangebb

Hope u managed to get to sleep[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also can't sleep..... Had some tightening feeling today on my tummy. But how to tell it's mild contraction or just baby pushing against my uterus wall.

Nana and hpc, I also can't sleep. Let's monitor the contractions together. If the pain is like 5 min interval, can go hospital liao. But I think my little one is still reluctant to come although edd is near.

Wah all cannot sleep.. I had some mense cramp like pain on my left tummy just now for awhile only.. Does it indicate anything??

Nana faster prepare ur things.. Guess ur bb coming out anytime soon!! Good luck~

Hpc, I had that yesterday and was told that it's BH... Which will be quite often for us now...

Anyone's tummy still feel that it's stretching?? My SM getting more n more.. Very sad

Massage,

can i still do pre natal massage at my 37 weeks?

Wanna sleep but my MIL doing house chores and making noise sia.. Hope she faster go market!! Haha

Jazel, u r having contractions too? Ya, Let's monitor closely together. I download free iph apps to record contractions, v useful to trace record

Hammiebao,I'm having mense cramp too since yesterday. Then my mucous plug came out. U try to be careful these few days ya. Wa ur mil so hardworking...

I'm going to sleep Liao. V tired.

Tink I'm awake more than sleep, though I feel damn tired

Hpc: me too can't recognize. Think its BH. And I feel hungry even after drinking milk. A bit haywired. Hehe

Nana: get ready! Hehe!

Hammiebao: think Jo did hers not too long ago b4 her bb birth

@Ange, the massage session is about 1.5 hrs. She massages from head to toes + breasts. Then she will bind my tummy with a cloth - after one night, I can see the difference. My tummy becomes smaller...the reason for the bind is also to push our womb back up so that it doesn't sag and press on our bladder in future.

I was lying on my bed last night and thinking through e c-section tat I will b having next week... Suddenly got a little scared. Hee.. I wonder if I will b shivering in fear since I opted for epidural instead of GA. Hopefully I can handle it well like other mummies.

Btw, is it too late for me to engage a ML? I wan to hav post natal massage but as I am gg for c-section, not sure when can e massage starts. 3 weeks later? Also, what r e things tat I should b checking w e ML? Usually they r malay ladies ya... So do I hav to notify her tat I hav a dog at home and ask if she minds (although I will keep my dog away from her)?

bluesoda, i m also waiting for popping.. at my 38th weeks now, last week visited gynae, he said bb not engaged yet and i skipped the VE.. this fri gonna see gynae again.. but still can feel that bb still not engaged yet cos he seems happily moving within me.. I will only start my ML next week..

For ML, i was told for normal delivery, can do after 1 week while for c-sect is 1 month.. I have already engaged the ML but she will be away for holiday and be back on the 17th..

I think the raspberry tea leafs can cause drowsiness.. i taken it twice so far and after taken i always sleep with ease.. no after effect for me

Mrs Lee – that senseh really ‘shen’ so amazing.

Yoke Chee – It’s ok la! If it’s under control, pregg really make our mood swing.

Bluesoda – Great that you have recovered from water retention. I got swollen legs too and asked my gynae the same question as u, my gynae’s answer is no. But no longer swollen is a gd news right? BTW I’m 37 weeks now bb not yet engage also Ha! Ha!

OranGeBB – remember to share with us your experience with your new maid so that I can learn too. I just bring in a new maid a weeks ago, too relax worried she ‘zhao fan’ , too strict like I’m very bad.

Bam – sure u can get it done online.

hammiebao – I think it’s normal. Like me now I don’t put on already but bb is growing.

PD – My PD is assigned by my gynae, he never told me anything on this just that I busybody read the documents that I suppose to pass to the hospital when I admit then I read this.

Koori – Dr Niam lor! So now I learn the lesson, I ask around and find out more details on d PD, I don’t wat my #2 to suffer also.

Sophia - Don’t mind share with me your Confinement Menu Chart too. [email protected]

VT> c-sec with GA still can video the process? Glad that yr baby is out & safely with you!

Mummies who havent pop> When I had my contractions pain that time, i remember some ummies shared before the pain will be slightly from your back onwards, and also the pain abit like menstrual pain, most important difference between BH and real contractions i guess should be the interval frequency? Mine was about 10mins once for about 10secs. Hope this gives you a rough idea. Mucus plug dropping might not necessary means immediate labour but meaning it's near. So do get ready too!

VT: My new maid has 5yrs experience in SG. She has newborn experience too. Her english quite good n understand what we are talking about. Don't need to explain much. First day still behaving well. In fact she understand a very little bit of chinese. Think hubby and I gonna start conversing more on cantonese.

Picked her up yesterday nite and went thru 2 and half page worth of houserules and 1 page of general schedules.

This morning she started with some minor stuff I told her to do when she's free.

Gonna bring her go market and ask her to cook some food.

Back