(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Shan,

I'm bfing exclusively so I don't know how much bb is drinking. His feeding schedule

630am, 930am + shower,1230pm,330pm,630pm+ wipe down,1030pm,230am. Each feed is 20mins one side except the last 3 feeds he will nurse another 5-10mins on the other side , that lasts him for 4 hrs.

HHo: I bathe with da feng chao every day also. Tried to shampoo hair lesser unless it becomes oily loh. At first my hubby also dont let me shower or wash my hair, then his grandma tells him it is ok to shower and wash hair but must use hot water.

shan: How about getting your hubby or family members to do the marketing? for me, my hubby does the marketing, he just asked the CL what is not enough.

constipation: My gyne recommends to take more fruits and vege to ease it. Also, she prescribe a medi to loosen the stool so when I need to poo the stool wont be too hard and affect the stitches. Mayb u can ask your gyne for it?

Jewel: Yap i too shivered very badly at the delivery ward after I had epidural... but after it wear off the shiver stopped.

scubababe: All the best & have a smooth delivery soon!

Jewel: Thanks for sharing your birth story! Great you are feeling better now

PTB: Do you have a back-up sanitary pad? Take care ya..

Dear all,

Finally have time to update my birth story.

EDD of Junyi boyboy 1 Nov

ADD 1 Nov

Last visit to gynae on 31 Oct, Fri. Dr SF Loh did VE check, he said cervix not ready at all, baby not engaged too so the VE check was also hoping to 'disturb' and hint baby to come out. Decided to induce on 1 Nov.

However started to have contraction on Sunday morning 2.30 am, they were 5 mins apart!!! Back pain was still bearable but as contraction was so close plus I have light bleeding since VE check (nurse did mention its rather normal), hubby and I decided to go KKH immediately.

~ 4.30 am, Sunday - Nurse monitored me for 30 mins, confirmed contraction

~ 5.30 am - Went delivery suite, cervix only dilated 1cm !!!! *faintz

~ 8.30 am - Induce dilation with blah blah blah medicine inserted into cervix. Got a jab at thigh to assist me cope with pain then 'check in' at ward. Went breakfast at Mac with hubby, my last meal until delivery.

~ 2 pm - Went back to delivery suite, cervix opened 3 cm only!!! *faintz, faintz

Dr Loh broke waterbag, decided to have epidural cos it seems to be a long wait, another drip-like medicine to hasten dilation

~ 11 pm - nurse assured me baby out soon, dilated about 9 cm. Luckily opted for epidural, else by now no energy to push.

~ 2.36 am, Monday - Finally with 6-7 pushes baby is out!

What followed was so dream-like, Dr Loh put the baby horizontally on my tummy, machine sucking noise to drain the rest of water from waterbag (hubby said it was alot of water), hubby cut cord, Dr stitching, baby crying while I tried to hold and coax him, cant even recalled if I cried or not. But typing all these makes me teary, haha!

Honestly, I kind of expected all these through reading the forum and books, but what happens after childbirth is something totally unexpected. Will update in next post.

u girls so lucky.. I got the bathing for confinement but my mum keep nagging say old already then u know and blar blar blar.. my hb also keep insisting not to let mr shower.. arggggg.. I jus keep cleaning my breast lor with hot water when I pumping or try to latch..

piggydog: I meant I very unhygienic if nvr shower then go see dr Terence tan.. lol.. how are his charges like?!?

csect

anyone can tell me if the half body awake csect jab is epidural or something else?!?

jewel - congrats and glad u recovering well.. I'm also csect but I chose the day before cuz dr say bb quite big.. I scared later emergency csect so go straight for it lor.. jia you!! I'm moving around freely liao.. impt to put binder to recover faster.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

seet - congrats.. speedy recovery and enjoy ur moments with bb.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fruits cannot be taken

my mum today mentioned papaya and mango.. for csect, she adv not to take dark coloured fruits i.e. black grapes, dark cherry.. so as not to 'stain' the wound..

Hho: can shower, use hot water and herbs. No herbs just use lemon grass and Ginger with white rice wine. Put the 3 together to boil then shower.

With the confinement food and massage, I persire like an athlete! I shower 2xs a day, only on the day I massage I shower once. I washed my hair once a day and I'm feeling very good. Even with the showers, I'm all soaked with perspiration and I smell, definitely must bathe.

Ya ueno yours is so good, the schedule I guess baby S is a efficient bby, mine half a day aledy 7 feeds n some time got hard time to find nipples then get angry. So u never pump out? No engorged feelg?

Mine managed to suck like 10-15 mins 1 side only then refuse to wake liao, so end up I gotta latch rather frequently lo.

Alaska, well done! Haa u still got mood to

go Mac bf.

Btw, tats my #1's name [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I hvnt get a Chinese name for my #2..

Ya I tryg to work the marketing plan lo. Sophia ya list will b helpful. I cN knnw wat I need to buy.

wow...ueno, did you train the feeding schedule? Then auto he will latch 20mins each side? When change side he will still want? Mine wont leh..dun wan means dun wan le..haikz..i on demand feeding..till my milk kick in...

Jewel thx goodness everytime is good & great! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I still din shower was only allowed to wipeclean w the herbs water. Tmr gg PD I wanted to wash hair but MIL say cannot, must at least 12 days.. :(

Jewel, wow.. the dilation process sounds so long for u. im hopin my delivery will be as easy n fast as cherrios. hehe!!

hammiebao, i dunno abt the nursery charges if bb is bulkin in w u. gotta check w other mummies here. i do think they still charge u, even if u're taking single bed.

water retention,

ladies.. i went to the sinseh @ tampines last nite for the confinement package. seein me, he recomend me to cook brown rice to reduce my retention. shall see if it works, maybe u ladies can try too. hehee!! that sinseh is quite something, by feelin my pulse, he knows im expectin a girl, n even comment abt her character. wow! chinese medical.. steady!

By the time I returned to ward, it was about 5am.

Rested for awhile and was woken by tingling pain at stitched area.

Ward nurses and attendants came in a few times for various reasons, but the most welcomed one was the nurse that gave me painkillers. One nurse encouraged me to get down and pee by 8.30am. Easier said than done!

So I first got a bed pan and then a second time decided to get a nurse to assist me with something we do everyday with ease - going to toilet.

I was wobbly and numb, except that V area was in pain. I'm so grateful to the nurse who was so encouraging. She told me once I can fine the courage to pee it will be easier the subsequent times. She stayed throughout in the toilet with me, teaching me to wash myself and to put two pads for the maternity menstruation I'll be having from now for ~6wks.

The next frustrating thing was latching baby Junyi. Throughout the next 5-6 feeds, I could only latch him twice on my own, other times I needed the nurses pushing him in to guide me.

Hubby was very understanding, he only allowed immediate families to come and visit. As for the rest of the friends, he off our phones n ignored all enquiries.

By the end of the day I was exhausted, imagine being exhausted for doing nothing much!

(Not true la, since I had not slept well for more than 24 hrs n Dr Loh visited me n commented that I lost alot of blood n looked very pale)

The next morning, I woke up and talked to hubby in the dark. I cried n complained about the painful stitches, how sore my whole body was, how swollen n numb my fingers n feet (from the drip with the epidural), how much my back ache and how useless I felt. Gosh I hope this is not post-natal blues!

The talking did help cos later the day I felt cheerful again. I hope I'm not scaring the rest of you who had not delivered, but I think its important to know what follows after childbirth. All along I only had a vague idea about the need for confinement, its actually the time for us to do nothing except to regain our health, strength and coping with a baby.

Jo - I know wat u mean by drench like athlete.. the food we eat plus when bb cry, the sweat jus drip drip drip.. lol.. I trying to ask my mum let me shower too.. tmr gog to pd.. will be smelly.. I try to wipe when in toilet but she always knock on the door when I go too long.. lol.. even my sis who is only 2 yrs older also dun allow mr shower.. zzz..

Shan - my mum also say 12 days.. zzz.. but I seeing gynae on fri.. told her at least thurs got to shower..

really envy all those who can shower and even more so twice a day..

Jazel, if can just wait for bb's call naturally, as inducing might slow down labour process

Sophia, Please forward me the confinement meal chart!! thanks alot.. [email protected]

Mrs_Lee, I also think they will still charge me even if baby room in with me.. haha but no choice lah..

Jewel, good job.. btw all the while I didnt know your bb so big cos ur tummy don't look very very big.. haha

Cheerios/Shan: I started with demand feeding and switched to 21/2-3 hourly feeds. Just on Sunday, he started sleeping through the night- not sure if it's good for now cos I prefer him to do this only next month. My timings- 7-(he could stay awake so I shower him) 930- sleepy so feed hom his 10am milk then sleep. 1pm, 4pm, 630-wash up, 7pm feed. 10pm- last feed- will wake him up.

Hho, Dr Tan charges about $130 for our 1st visit, which is inclusive of 2 blood test for jaundice. The jaundice level was 13.5 for the 1st time. He told us to come back in a few days for the 2nd blood test, but there is no need to see him (and pay for his consulation) if things are alright. Turns out the jaundice level was 12.5. We were advised to go for the 3rd blood test, and luckily, it came down to 8.5. Hurray!! And yes, I think you need to shower before goingdown lah.. the clinic is quite crowded woh..

Shan - My CL has her quirks too. She is a Singaporean auntie who is quite rich... every morning, she will call her broker to buy/sell shares. And then she has a wide range of facial products on the dressing table. Haha.. not the typical CL loh.. My hb and I have to bear with her sarcasm sometimes...my mil totally cannot stand her.

But then she takes good care of the baby, I get to sleep throughout the night, so not much things to complain.

tenderhearted...what back-up sanitary pad??

congrats Yoke Chee

Mrs Lee..yah TCM quite amazing indeed... my TCM gynae also guess my bb gender when i am only 2months pregnant haha... according to them the heartbeat is diff for boy and gal..now sure how true..will know when BB is born ( just in case sonographer made mistake haha)

PTB: .. means place 1-2 extra heavy flow sanitary pad in your handbag lo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I know of 2 other MTBs who bring along additional panties in case water bag bursts in office or mall..

cherrie77...Hi!! *waves* I think I know who u are...hehs. My first visitor from across the corridor at the hospital. kekeke....How's it going for you? Sorry I can't answer ur question on how to increase ss, coz today I pumped for the first time since #2 was born, i only got <50ml from both sides (total). But I guess it's still the 1st week? So I'm not going to stress myself out too much (yet).

It's quite tiring handling a tod and a baby at the same time. So now when #1 goes off to school, when #2 sleeps, I also sleep. Super tired. But I feel more rested than when I had #1. Strange. Haha. Anyway, I'm now grappling with my own BFg issues. Right side is hard like rock. tried to massage, haiz, after so long, still rock hard. haiz. Gotta bite the bullet and try again later.

Re showering, I just showered today. Using the herbs. I cannot tahan already...like so unhygenic. But will only do so on alternate days...dun want wait the elder folks nag nag nag. At least this morning rained! Yay! Helped cool the weather a bit...

piggydog - thx for the info..

jaundice

my bb only 10.4 but turned yellowish on 4th day.. these few days rain and rain.. no sun how to place bb.. sigh.. heartache I see bb yellow..

Wah Atas CL u got piggydog haa.. Speakg of tat I don even look at sgx since I delivered too bz.. Haa I mostly come forum to ask for advices.

U don bfeed meh at nite? At nite bby slp w me de . coz every 2-3 hr he demand for milk.

Mrs lee, hammiebao, sure hospital will charge u for the nursery room de... Surely u can't tkcare of him 24-7. I think u shd rest n nt bothered too much of infant caring in the hospital. Tmc nurse tld me if u wanna room in w bb at nite I hv to tk the consequences..

Ya I oso hv troubles bfeedg, gv him my breasts, he cryg for milk, mouth bigbig yet he don wan to suckle I think the angle nt correct they don wan.

Jo, so gd..hope to have a schedule too..each time how long do u latch? Is he constantly sucking or got alot of rest in between? Each feeding you offer both sides or 1 side only per feed?

Though 2nd time mum but i seem to lost touch on alot of things...how many times are they suppose to be pooing in the 1st wk?

Mummies here also same 'torture' as me can't bath. So sian my sweat is like dripping everytime after I wipe body so wipe like no wipe waste efforts. My mom also say 12 days then can bath. My Cl on other hand tld me to bath hahaah. Today my 7th day see if can tahan few more days then bath le.

Koori. Cherrios ,Shan,

I will try n wake him up if he falls asleep while sucking. I tried burping, take off his diapers or booties/mittens. Usually after 1 feed he will poo so after I changed his diaper will quickly latch him on the other side while he's awake. I didn't pump at all cos I prefer to latch on. A little engorged but breasts will adjust to bb needs. I followed GF the same for my older boy

Alaska,

congrats to yr little bundle of joy!

Oct/Nov 2010 Birth List

Congrats Scubababe! Welcome BB Brandon! Your labour seems smooth without epi! Share with us your birth story when you can ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks for the encouragement! Cheers & enjoy bonding with your little prince!

To Add/Update List via Online Form

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEVDaVA5SjVpdEZ4SHRfMDZRaS11bnc6MQ#gid=0

To View List

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmrK_xaPhWk5dEVDaVA5SjVpdEZ4SHRfMDZRaS11bnc&hl=en_GB&output=html

hi all,

finally got time to come in here. Been a whirlwind ride ever since i came back home with bb.

Bb was discharged on saturday with 6.3 jaundice level. today is day 5, turn more yellowish already. Very worried. But tomorrow seeing dr terence tan, hopefully see how much. These days raining..no sun..how to sun him???

BF? Whoa super sian. Breasts rock hard and i cried so much as my hb has to help me with the engorgement.

Anyway my bb birth story:

3rd nov - checked in clinic to induced at 10am. Contractions started more intensely at 7-10mins apart from irregular contractions earlier. Checked in delivery ward at 1130am. Contractions starts to come every 5 mins but still low intense pain till 8pm. Getting exhausted and tired as no rest. Contractions getting closer at 2-4 mins. Still no where near. Ask for penthine to sleep through the night at 12 midnite. Cleared bowels at 12mn.

4nov - Doc checked 3cm dilate at 8am. Burst water bag and put on drip. Ask for epidural. Bed ridden for the rest till 12noon. Checked dilation again,7cm. Between 2-3pm, puked 4times due to epidural side effects. Super exhausted. At 3pm, bb heartbeat suddenly drop, doc immediately came to deliver. After 3-4 pushes, bb is out. Cord was found to be around bb neck that causes sudden slow in heartbeat. Fortunately speedy delivery and everything was fine.

Like someone said earlier, the delivery and post delivery was quite traumatic to me. After almost 30 hrs in labour, with numerous needles pricks and stuff, its not a nice feeling. I was literally strapped down, with fetal monitor, drips on left arm, pressure monitor on the other arm, epidural on the back. Pee bag at the bottom. Super numbed plus puking every few hours and nothing came out as no food anyway. Then after delivery, ppl come visit you to see bb. Too overwhelmed,just cried at night after delivery. I cried even more when the engorgement sets in.

I got CL, she is good with bb and cooking. But the only complain is that she is TOO NAGGY and TALKATIVE. I cannot stand it. I just hope my confinement ends soon, so I can handle back on my own.

Bb weighs 2.7kg at birth, then shrank to 2.5kg when discharged. Yesterday checked his weight again was back to 2.7kg. Hopefully by end of the 1 month, he gains more and more healthy and stable. So easier for me to handle. Now the feeding is sucky, he suck suck then sleep. The feeding schedule is still very uncertain and we are so exhausted at trying to change diapers, feeding, bathing and daddy is already reporting back to work.

First time mum...overwhelmed.

Hi mums,

Finally can come back here. as no CL, C-sect wound and FTM, I am quite busy n tired after delivery. luckily, hubby helped me alot.

Congrat to those all mums who popped already!!!

Whim >> I couldn't share my experience at KK in time. so sorry! hope u had a great time in KK.

my baby has also jundice. everytime, they take blood test and the level didn't reduce alot. baby is almost 3weeks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I am also full time BF. I tried to pump but I got max 20ml only. so finally, I didn't pump anymore. I just latch on demand or every 3 hrs. anyone can advice me how to increase breast milk?

Hi sophia,

I would like to get menu too. could you pls send pm me?

Hi mummies, haven't been checking in for awhile. Been really tired since I popped on 2/11. Induced baby on 1/11 10 am but dilation took very long. Until 11pm, only 2 cm and water bag broke at 9pm. Ended up having c-sec as nurse inform Gynae that she was concerned that baby heartbeat drop when I'm having contraction. That was 4am and still 4cm dilated only. So Gynae advice that too long to wait and keep baby under stress. She came in to talk to us and baby was out in 30 mins! Good thing we had c-sec as baby's cord was around her neck, which could be cause of the drop in heartbeat during contraction.

Now pd say jaundice level too high and wants phototheraphy. Dunno if he is KS or it's really high. Is 330 high?

ermm: 330 is high...my bb was only 6.3...but now we not sure cos now i can see yellowish on skin..might hit 100 already. Hopefully no need to ward him on phototherapy.

wow so many mummies pop! congrats!

dunno when is my turn...wonder anyone still have not pop??

noticed that i have recovered from water retention coz my feet seems like not swollen at all...is this one of the symptoms that im delivering soon?? abit worried...but my bb still not yet engaged...

mummies, may i know if i wan to soak my stitched wound under in the salt water, how can i do it? is it effective?

Koori, thanks for sharing on the ameda breastpump. i ordered from UK and it is on the way to singapore now.. =)

HHo> I think Ueno manage to never shower whole confinement, she wipes her body, must really salute her so obedient. so she's your motivation, don't feel sad about not able to shower.

Sophia> i also like to have the confinement menu, can you email to me (think u have my email previously when u sent the pre-natal notes) or you want to post on Nov Mum FB group? Thanks!

@bluesoda: i haven't pop yet. 39 weeks already, and yesterday check up, gynae said baby already engaged and ready to come out anytime. Braxton hicks very regular now, and this morning I got a bad contraction, painful, last about 10 secs. The pain could be felt till my back. Felt like being ran over by a truck hahaha. But only happened once. Now and then feel contractions, but not as painful as that one. But getting more backache.

My water retention also bad, but becoz I worked infront of comp from 9-6. But during weekend, when I dont work, I notice the swelling gone. I think becoz I sat too long at work.

How far along are u anyway?

Vallous : thanks! We rented the phototheraphy machine to do at home since yesterday. Very stressful cos she doesn't like to wear the mask.

nelotte> im now 38 weeks. gynae says bb usually engaged around 38 weeks. will be seeing my gynae this sat. r u on ML now?

Hho,

yup i didn't shower for 1 mth for my 1st pregnancy. N now into my day 12 didn't shower/wash hair too. It's not that bad. Ha... I only wipe w herbs but I do wash my lower body cos there's discharge. Weather quite cool so it's helpful.

I should hav wear bellyband often. It actually smoothen my bumpy stretch marks lor...

Having lose stools... Guess it's a "soon" symptom as well, but maybe I ate wrong thing again....

Sophia, can I hav ur chart too! Thanks!!

Am going to pick up my new maid now. Good luck to me.

Bluesoda: According to Birth List of Mummies who are sharing here, 55 have popped and 34 have not so there are still a number of us like you... no worries..

ermmm: Congrats! Placed you on the list and do share more when you can. Hope your baby's jaundice level won't go up

To Add/Update Birth List via Online Form

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEVDaVA5SjVpdEZ4SHRfMDZRaS11bnc6MQ#gid=0

To View Birth List

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmrK_xaPhWk5dEVDaVA5SjVpdEZ4SHRfMDZRaS11bnc&hl=en_GB&output=html

I also haven delivered... My c-section is scheduled on next Thurs... Now at week 37, baby is small, weighing at 2.4kg last Thursday.. Hopefully he can cross e 2.5kg mark by this Sat. =)

Back