(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

ya... i read somewhere too.. u/s should be avoided unless necessary...

hmmm... maybe i go buy one doppler... but will check what mechanism it uses...

Chloe: hehe, I also took my pre-wed pic in Taiwan. I took it last year December. Winter!!! Ya, wait until you give birth then take pics will be better because really damn tired and need to climb up and down during photoshoot. Yes, if think another way, yes, our kid can witness our wedding. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

nana,

eh! i took my outdoor wedding pics in Taiwan last december also! cold until...... but for me is a re-do la. coz when i had my wedding pix done 3 yrs back, i only took indoor..

nana, yah. my doc actually on the amp. It was beating so fast.... amazing. my hubby was so happy den my gyn is trying to sae that some pp assume that dunno beating fast is a boy and beating slow is a girl kinda of theory. my hubby trying to sound the gyn out. but she is clever, she avoid anwering. wahahahaha

holly: haha... yea, cold until buay tahan. hubby was so lucky cos he wore so many layers! sceneries in taiwan very nice! tat's y i chose to take pics there. ;) your hubby v nice to allow you to retake. when i mentioned i wan to take anniversary pics, he ignored me.

good nite to all mummies. i hope tonight i won't have weird dreams anymore. i dream a lot since pregnant.

h ho: you can feel by placing ur hands on your tummy...you will feel something like "dot..dot..dot.." very fast and light heartbeat..very funny one...you should try.

ya, if bb is adnormal heartbeat is impt....so i track every now and then.

Bam: dun worry, my sis and sis in law keep telling me not to be worried, must stay happy and cheerful.

Now Im looking for soothing music to play for BB, perhaps too early but no choice, check out infant care centre nearby, checking out confinement lady, checking out maid agencies also....hahahha..i'm too kancheong liao.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fishy: really meh? beating fast is a boy and beating slow is a girl? ??? interesting theroy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Actually I can't remember the size of the clog, maybe not very small cos gynae seems to be quite worried.

Seeing gynae too frequent also stress, in term of worried abt the out come n also have to pay a few extra consultation. Especially before 4 month they dun advice to take package. Each visit got to spend 150- 200 so scary.

Does any one here still take cold drink?

I think I really cannot Tahan my days without cold drink.

As elderly always scold me to take cooling stuff for early stage.

Today I just watch 康熙来了(kang xi lai le) on 5 apr 2010, quite interesting cos there is a few mum include Kelly chen. Sharing thier experience for pregnancy. There is 5 parts can be found on the you tube.

OneEgg,

lol! i dun care. i just drink cold things all i like. when i had #1 i also had cold drinks all the while. but #1 as healthy ley~

Nana,

I went to the beach for sunset, i wore a short skirt tube gown. cold until i shiver everytime i had to take a shot. got one pic is hubby hugging me de. but i was so ugly coz too cold le. LOL!!!!

fishy,

i tot wat gal beat fast n boy beat slower. no meh? hahaha.. but this are all myths la..

good nite mummies!

wow.. nite time is so happening here..

hee..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] how come my record were not on the list..

tot i rembr the other way round fishy, gal beat faster than boy.. hee.. anyway..healthy baby most impt!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ya, i took cold water! though MIL keep syaing don..so hot leh the weather. anyway hot drink no much choice oso.. cant tk tea /kopi too.. so i juz continue to tk ILT etc.. :p

when she nt lookg la..heng she nt stayg w me..

Wa..so good u all go oversea to tk pics..must be so beautiful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sorry shan. you want to give me your details again? I may have missed out.

Have been busy lately and not really following the thread.

think there are a lot of fellow MTBs here who are scared of bb hb stopping..me too! think it's cuz i've heard of so many mc stories..was not this worried at all for #1 tho, rather odd!

are thre any of u that's waking up up to 2x a nite to use the bathroom? i've been like taht every nite and it's only the 1st trimester! not sure why...i was only like that in my last 3 months during the prev pregnancy leh...

Bejewel,

*wave*! hello fellow NUH mummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] had my #1 there in 2007,great experience with the meternity ward there, staff were very nice..they even had a "romantic dinner for two" added in to their package at the time, so hubby n me enjoyed some alone time having dinner in my hospital room..hehehe...what made u decide to go with NUH? i'm there of my gynae and also cuz my company covers most of the expenses if i go NUH (i only fork out 10% of hospitalisation cost!)

Hi Lilyn,

I'm there cos its nearest to my house and cos I was a patient of PC Wong, Mary Ruff's partner. Then Prof Wong decided not to do delivery so I was transferred to Dr Chew. I liked the ward too, cos one of my fren delivered there. The ward is so much spacious compare to say Mt Alv.

bam78.. don worri.. here posts too many..hee

thanks... do it when u free.. heee..

oops cant see the format in this pg

my details:

Nick: virgoinvenus

EDD: Nov (gynea havent given me)

Now: 8th week+

Gynea: DR Adrian

Expecting: #2

Hospital: TMC

thanks bam78

yes lilyn, i agree w u.. for my #1, it came naturally, i 3.5mth then go see gynea.. straight away ultrascan, can see his face lioa..

my last pregnancy, it was planned, i went week6 lidat, then sighz.. in the end, until wk9 still din see anytin in my waterbag, then Dr adrian did blood test for me, to show my hormone level hv decrease, tat mean i had an m/c.

so sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ..never expected tat, coz i feel myself quite healthy de..

so this round one, i keep hush hush.. i v scare disappointment again.. next Tues gg to hv 2d visit, hoope everytin is fine.. i really wish i could proudly declare my #2 pregnancy soon ..

holly, ya MIL so good, mine will nag until i siao de.. haa

jewel, Mt A, nt bad, i like their nurses [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] KKH too far for me, this time i choose TMC, heard the confinment meals are nice.. :D

hi everyone

i have been going through your thread for about 2 weeks silently. hope it's not too late to join you folks. you girls are pretty active and i am worried i can't catch up cuz i work in a bank and they bar certain sites. happens that i am on leave today.

a bit "pandang" and nervous this time round cuz i had a m/c last year so only my sister and one co-worker know about it so far. no hb was detected and i had to do for the procedure. can't wait for first trimester to be over now.

i am now 8 weeks plus. my edd is 13 nov 2010. it's gonna be my first one. visited dr adelina wong at tmc two weeks ago to check baby's hb at 6 weeks plus. looking forward to see the gynae again next week. keep fingers crossed that baby is growing.

Shan,

The size of the 1 bedded in Mt A is much smaller than say NUH, Mt E. Service wise... my colleague gave birth in Mt A ( where she had her 2nd) said the nurses there are not as attentive as in KKH (where she had her 1st).

But then again, diff person diff experience, also you said the plus point is confinement food [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think the main reason on choosing a child birth place is the approximity ba.

Nevertheless, there r ppl who go all the way to give birth in Malacca,... save $$!!! but so far!!!

Helooo...

I also work in bank but I use my iPhone to surf this forum, during my #1 I also can't really catch up with mummy in the forum. Only able to use internet once a week n reading too many thread together very hard to reply. But I think joining the forum make me have a peace of mind to absorpt diff useful pregnancy info.

Then I some of the things I might not know is cannot do during 1st trimester, e.g. Cannot attend wedding , or share the new with anyone, etc kind of pandang things. But I all done in my prev mc case. So a bit scare now n trying to b low profile a bit. But after first tri I will still attend wedding ... :p

then like my #1 time i m very busy at work so no time to spread the news n very peacefully pass my first trimester. I also drink cold drink as n when but elderly keep saying I take too cooling stuff the prev time n caused the mc. But I asked gynae n her response was like ??? She said for my case for likely is a genetic information lost.

But I still continue to take cold drink la weather so hot... Jus try to maintain or reduce caffefine in take. I dun drink coffee but I m bubble tea lover especially koi cafe. My mil cannot tahan keep seeing I drink all this stuff and so do my mum.

Sometime I wonder how come there is so much restriction during pregnancy. Jus now they wan to use hammer n fix some stuff at home. Bcos I m at home so cannot do it now, it will affect bb. Really Meh? Hai....

Jewel,

u watch the 财经追击? But I think they k go malacca also bcos is convenience for them. If wanna to do natural birth I think not really flexible.

But still sometime to consider about it. Actually I also thought of going over the causeway to see gynae which will be a lot a lot cheaper. Their consultation is only rm50 then include ultrasound. Medication is much much cheaper due to the exchange rate. But very hard to research which gynae is good there unless got ppl recommend.

I also need to wake up 2-3 times at night to empty my bladder. I also find it weird cos this only happen in my last trimester. Nv expect need to go toilet so often. Kind of irritated.

hi holly, itizzz? I dunno wor... doc just sae den we just listen.... She oso do not want us to believe den she aiya.... 'is not true'. So sleepy

welcome and congrats cherrie77 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yes i agreed with oneEgg that if wanna go over to malaysia to give birth/c gynae, need good/trusted recommendation on which gynae to consult.

but then there's also the trouble/time need to spend to go thru the customs every time leh...

OneEgg,

Cant rem what program it was.. but I think those ppl must be mostly m'sians (SPR).. cos they can go back to their parent's place 2 weeks before EDD for natural birth.

Msia's medical service & treatment has always been cheaper than spore... unless I cant afford, I wont consider. Convenience is most impt for me.

Drink less water at night so you wont need to go so often.

oh u all watched tat?i saw the adv oni..so they are sgprean gg to mly to gv birth? so the baby will be an mlyn? when i saw the adv, i was like, hmm why wld sgprean wanna go mly to gv birth, the logistic cld be troublesome rite.. somemore alot can pay via medisave etc, fork out cash nt really tat much mah... if PR, undstdable la.. hmm..curious..

i gg to attend an weddg tonite, n in actual fact, i got 3 more coming up in May/June... hope everytin is ok.. but really these are all fated n ya genetic de.. i asked Dr Adrian why i m/c, he oso cant asnwer, he juz say this is not uncommon, n 1 outta 5 lady will lidat...

so let juz keep ourselves healthy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] n pray all the best... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh ya, thax Bam78 for updating the table [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh ya, i read oso, when u go wee wee, bend a bit forward, haa to mk sure every drop is squeeze out.. from bbycntre i think..heee i bend, really got somemore coming out.. LOL.....

Heard the saving is 50%... something like $4K vs $2K or less. They didnt touch on the topic on the citizenship of the baby though.

My gynae said MC can be due to defects/abnormality, so the mother body expel the unhealthy embryo or due to weak implantation of the embryo at the uterus.

welcome j-angel, & congrats! My fren did IVF 2 times but failed.... u r really blessed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi girls.... i'm back from bali- feeling very refreshed after all the massages.

Welcome Cherrie77 and Jeinthiangel!

I think from the show for the couple to go malacca give birth is both malaysia so I dun think there will be complication in their bb citizenship. Even they give birth in sg their bb also is malaysia. So I think they have their reason to go back n give birth. But I still belive that going there to give birth really will have a lot of hazzard. Confinement how?

But they mention another part is for sporean who need long term medical treatment go jb for treatment to save cost. I think that will be more flesible in a non urgent case

but I still believe in the medical Stardard in sg is a lor better.

Then this kind of money very hard to save. Unless like really cannot afford then no choice.

Of course I m not a pandang person to avoid to attend wedding or rom. I just dun wish to have complication with mil. If anything happen she will like blame me indirectly.

If I m not wrong massage is not advisable. But if ppl aware u r pregnant then they know wht k press wht k not should b ok to do it right?

Have u all start buying maternity wear? I already cannot wear my normal pants n jean. So sad....

Oh yah k we drink ginseng soup?

shan,

when u r more den 5 mths preggy u can do pre natal massages. all of us will yarn for it abt tt time coz our back will b aching definately.

Got places provide pre-natal massage de, but usually fr 2nd tri onwards then they willing to do for u. Difference is u lie on yr side and they won't massage tummy and areas that could cause contractions. The last time I did, it really help reduce the cramps in my leg. Now i'm ald getting cramps in the same place as last time, but last time it oni started in 3rd tri. Sigh I can't wait for 2nd tri now.

I think ginseng can't take leh, but can't rmb why. And cannot eat broad beans too, may cause bb to be g6pd deficient. Qt serious de.

Shan and Irene, you can go for massages provided the massage place u go is reputable and well trained. Like the one i went to, there is a special mums to be massage- so i could even have my feet, legs and back massaged! What i understand is that they use less pressures and probably avoid the stomach pressure points on the feet.

In fact, if the customers has a history of asthma or like you're having 1st day of menses, you also need to inform the masseur...

But if you want to play safe, best to avoid massages.

Oic ladies .. Thx for the info. Heng I scary cat never date to go massage at all.. U all know those cheap bkk ones, don even know r they properly trained.

I heard cranberry drink is gd for preggy.. Will be buyg soon, I juz got myslf prune juice coz can't poo poo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but yucky the taste.

I still wearg normal clothg but I think v soon can't wear liao.. Hvnt buy any new preggy clothings yet ,any online website to recomm? Cheap & nice de.. Haa

I juz had my instant noodles, I know it bad.. MSG .. But crave for it ley yummy haa

@oneegg: i also look at the forum from time to time with my i fone but it's quite difficult to reply to the thread with the phone..can be quite frustrating if i type halfway and my customer calls etc...i am in sales...haiz..

@shan: i just attended a wedding dinner last weekend too..i am like you..a bit pantang this time cos of the previous experience..but i thought it's just wedding dinner..shd be fine..should not "chong" since i wasn't there for the tea ceremony etc...moreover, i have been keeping mum so far..if i don't go, my common friends of the bride will surely ask my husband why i didn't attend etc...anyway i daren't eat the sharks' fin or take too much seafood for fear of mercury..also avoided chinese tea cos heard too "liang" for the body...quite paranoid these days..i think cannot go for massage yet..i remember reading some disclaimer clause at some foot massage parlour before abt people having menses or pregnant ladies...i also had tom yam instant noodles that day..really gotta give in to cravings...

@Jeinthiangel: congrats..my colleague went for ivf and failed..she took one year unpaid leave to "relax" but still failed the second time...u are lucky! heard that chances of twins are higher with ivf...hehe

oh yeah..i met some friends over the past few days..dunno why the topic drifted to tiger babies..then my gf who is already a mother of one said most people would wanna avoid tiger babies, esp since older folks do not like tiger girls..anyone heard such stories? she even told me to try to conceive after june..i daren't not say anything..just smiled..

Hi Ladies,

I'm into my 8th week of pregnancy. I was told by my doc that my bb's heartbeat could not be heard and only a sac seen during my 6th week. When I went back for scan during the 7th weak, doc says my bb heartbeat is intermittent and weak, but she can see the sac and yolk. I was asked to go for another U/S scan next week. Anyone has such experiences before? Is it normal for bb to have a strong heartbeat later than 6 weeks?

Hi all,

I am also a Nov MTB. I am currently into my 9th week and like most of you, feeling very lousy as I have pretty bad MS.

Cherrie77,

when i found out that I was preggy, I was pretty confused. My mum was against it as its a tiger baby. As my hubby is also tiger...she keep saying that "one mountain cannot have 2 tiger". Hiaz...made me confused and really contemplate aborting.

hi nov MTBs

i am from the jun MTB thread. sorry to interrupt.

JTS a mummy clara (nick: pineappletart) in another motherhood forum is organising a bazaar at her home in yishun next sunday. details as follows. there will be both brand new and pre-loved maternity, post-partum and baby items on sale by other moms. she's not accepting any more sellers cos all spaces are fully taken up. but buyers are more than welcome. spread the word around and drop by for great deals, esp if you live in the yishun area!

18th April 2010 (Sunday)

2pm-6pm

Blk 281 Yishun St 22 #01-370

for more info, pls feel free to contact clara at [email protected]. =)

tks for reading.

dear mummies.. please help me in the following question:

How to chooose between private and government hospital other than cost factor? Thanks for your help.

penny: to play safe, perhaps you can seek another gyane's advise?

i'm not too sure whether bb's heart beat will be faster in the later stage. i read somewhere bb's heart beat rate will change from time to time (sometimes faster sometimes slower), but should be around 140/min.

mylittletiger: luckily u never do tat! life is precious. sometimes old ppl are just too many pantang. life is already tough enough, still got so many pantang to follow. enjoy your pregnancy journey.

mummies: i got UTI infection.. sigh~~

nana,

I had UTI before too and the doc gave me Augmentine antibotics which is considered safe for pregnant woman. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice. You can get those bottled cranberry juice - Sunraysia from cold storage. Quite ex...think about $4+ per small bottle.

Yeah, my gfs encourage me alot and I sort out my thoughts. Baby is my own flesh and blood...good or bad also mine.

mylittletiger: thanks... i have been taking a lot of antibiotics until i allergic to some of them. i have UTI even before i pregnant. it's so difficult to get rid of it. since i have bb now i am struggling between taking medicine to cure UTI and scare bb wil have any effect after i take the medicine. doc said i have quite serious infection aft done detailed urine test. Is Sunraysia a nonsweetened cranberry juice?

yes! tat's ur bb, don care about others negative comments. let's be a happy mommy

Back