(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

mummies with 1 or more already - how do you plan to prepare your 1st one with the new addition? Any where to go and read up on it?

oh, and I wanted to say to the 1st timers MTBs, this is the purpose of the forum, to provide support and share experiences. So no question is too stupid okies? I can't say I'm expert lah, but can share some learnings/experiences. Looking back, I think I too kan cheong also. heh. Cos new mah. But I think for confinement this time round must try to do properly. Think there is really an effect.

velvet

yes, crazy... too fast arh..

but my fren's tummy started to expand when she was 12 wks. not like me.

me also no1 only.. but tummy already showing le.

My friend also not so fast.

My colleagues all say my tummy very big.

Very hard for me to hard my pregnancy till the end of 1st trimester leh.

Plus.. most of my clothes cannot wear liao.

I can only wear slack and loose top.

How??

I thought that it's too early to shop for maternity clothes leh..

me too me too... my #1 only... and tummy showing liao... quite sianz... my friends and sister dun show until like 12-15 weeks...

i feel so fat... so always wear loose loose clothes... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i also haven't shop for maternity clothes... any idea where?? where can get budget ones??

nowadays wear dresses... haha... those loose kind but can still wear to work one...

i wear and wear only a few clothes can be worn to work..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I was thinking maybe can wear our hubbies shirt with tights! Add a belt, shd be quite cool! I've also heard some pple buying xtra size clothes instd of getting maternity clothes. It's cheaper. And for bra, my Sis said to get extension and add to our usual bra, save $. I think E2 sells them.

I get v tired & emo easily too, ESP whn I'm alone. I will "hu Shi luan Xiang "

i need advice..., I'm teaching in a preschool & I'm wondering if I shd inform the children & parents abt my pregnancy nw as I'm afraid the kids would want me to carry them, run with them, etc... If I dnt it, they may think y I'm so unfriendly... Any advice?

peterjune..

hmmm... maybe you can tell the school that you are expecting... cuz carrying the kids can be quite tiring and taxing on you... not good for you...

where's E2??? to buy the extension?

Ladies, my tummy also quite big le... Mine worst cos its my NO 3. I took the flu medication today. Bo chap le, just wanna recover fast.

Aiyo, my 2 darlings still unwell! I am sooo stress!

E2 is a shop selling bras, underwears etc. Quite a few shopping ctrs hv it. Eg sun plaza, novena, will chk out more outlets for u

babieslove... it's your no.3... it's my no.1... you got more excuse... :p

i don't... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Haha ho!! Don't worry. Its a privledge to put on weight. Most important is after that ok... when u give birth after and u manage to lose all... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Looks like the thread is moving pretty fast! I haven't been able to post cause #1 keeps me busy when he's awake, then when he's asleep, I'm also catching up on rest. So sleepy all the time, cannot find time to post.

helper

I agree, I see some children treat their helpers really quite rude. See them, straight away drop their bags on their floor, can't even hand it to the helper properly. Children mimick the actions of their parents, so really have to be a good example to them.

aphrodite

Hihi! Congrats! Our kids will be of the same age! Me too still reading, but not posting in the Aug08 thread.

shm125

My son's routine is very stable, I have no idea how the new baby will affect it at all, so I haven't done anything to "train" him. While I think it can be done (everything ownself do), but I worry it'll drive me crazy too. Think we're leaning towards hiring a maid eventually... just dunno when then we can get over the loss of privacy in our home.

Ashley

While it's normal to be moody and emo, you try to think happy thoughts ok. My 1st preg, I was depressed most of the time, bad MS and all. In the end, I feel I wasted time being upset. That's why this time round I am determined to try to enjoy my preg as best as I can. Keep yr mind busy, stay active, and enjoy every moment of it. I know the hormones prob make it hard, but you can put mind over matter!

cutiebb

Yes, I'm sleepy all the time. I nearly fall asleep while feeding my #1 just now.

H Ho

Me wake up a lot too. Quite frustrating for me cause my mood in the day is dependent on how well I sleep the night before. I think our bodies are training us for bb's arrival for when you can kiss a gdnight's sleep bye bye forever. We'll be peeing a lot more in 3rd tri... bleah Prob is we need to drink more water to control the bloating, as well as control the skin! And it's what's making us pee so much. I read if you want the pregnancy glow, to drink more water. I want that glow! But I'm too lazy to keep going toilet.

maternity wear

I never stopped wearing it after #1 was born. I had put on 20kg the last time, but lost only 10 after. I now hoping I dun put on so much since already have so much reserve. Don't want to be buying even bigger and bigger sizes. The worst is the shoes. I so paiseh buying shoes now. Last time can wear size 6, now I dunno how to hide my face when I ask for size 8. Any bigger, I don't want to wear shoes ald.

thanks briebaby!

I m currently doing alot of reading up to keep myself busy.

Keke

any nice books on pregnancy to recommend?

I think there's a v popular book called "what to expect when you're expecting".

There's another book also quite useful for before the baby arrives is "Healthy Sleeping Habits, Happy Child".

Oh oh, if you like something lighter, recently I read a very nice book called "You're a good mom" by Jen Singer. It's about being a balance mom in our very competitive world now. There are just too many supermoms around that we find ourselves driving ourselves crazy trying to be just as super. LOL We don't have to so super, but we also shouldn't be too slack [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It's all about balance. I think I'm less stressed after reading it wrt to caring for my son.

Velvet- What i plan to do to prepare no #1 is to read books to her on arrival of new bb and stuff relating to her becoming a big sister. Also, i do try telling/pointing out to her "See.. XX has a didi or meimei.. do you want one to play with?"

Brie- I agree.. that there are many who try to be supermums to balance work, kids and kids studies- i think it's really crazy and i don't want to try to be one if i can't. that's why hb and I decided that I should be SAHM after #2 comes. At least I won't go nuts trying to balance work and kids and i can focus on getting the kids and home in order.

i gained 20kg on last pregnancy and there are still 5kg on me. have to work dbl hard after this pregnancy to shred the kilos..

hihi gers, long time din come in to the thread liao. Monday jus got some bleeding and now having bed rest for a week. When doc scan, can't see bb's heartbeat. Doc say bb's growth is quite slow. So worried..... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

any mummies ve craving for sweet stuff? I love sweet stuff now!

BTW is there any signs to look out for to noe if it will be a boy or ger?

Briebaby, yes I have the "what to expect when u're expecting" book. Hilarious and fun to read.

To all MTBs, maybe u all can spree at www.motherhood.com. Their trademark secret belly fit pants are super comfortable!!!! I bought them in US the last time to prepare first. Yah, a bit kiasu cos I find maternity clothes in Singapore very ugly and expensive.

i'm thinking.. the speed my tummy is expanding.. should i start to apply stretch mark cream?

Any mummy have any recommendation?

Bam78

you can apply if you feel like to..

just to share. during my previous pregnancy, my fren gave me a tube of Cocoa Butter, and i get rashes all over my tummy after using it... it was so itchy and unbreable. recently i have a another fren also get the same problem after using this cream.

if you buying.. buy one and test see whether it suits you.

i used Galenic Elancyl, can get frm guardian as well.

few yrs back they will have bundle sales. not sure now...

My friend swears by clarins body treatment oil. About $70. I'm using it too. Relaxing smell and doesn't leave oily feel. U can check out reviews for this.

Thanks Bam and Ashley, now trying to lie down as much as possible.

Ashley, doc prescibed me with duphaston.

Hi ladies

Just tested a very faint line from Watson test kits and now still trying to recover from my shock.

Cause this is my No 3.

Baby No 1 - Girl - thru IUI

Baby No 2 - Boy - thru IVF

Baby No 3 - (Not known yet) - unexpected natural.

Always thought 'factory' can close cause mission accomplish. Sold off my PIS. Also some of my maternity cothing and nursing clothing, steamer, etc etc.

Happy, shock, excited, worrying, thats what my feeling are. Cause I will be really at the high risk of pregnancy now due to my age. I am almost 40 years old already

grinny: rest well.. i was given the same med by my doc... he gave me a jab for "an tai" as well..

i have been taking the med religiously... no bleeding after the 2nd day...

he also told me don't walk too much, avoid crowded place..

take care... and stay positive.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

for the tummy cream... my sis uses clarin oil too... no stretch mark at all after that... she recommends that i use that too...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I m on MC till next week as i had spotting on tues and doc prescibed me with utrogestan as well as ask me to rest. Doesn't seem possible for me to rest..my son T is super sticky..from bathing to feeding, only want me to do *faint*

thanks hho, this was the 2nd instance I bled since 2 weeks ago. I finshed my 1st box of duphaston last Fri and stopped this medication. everything was ok until this Mon. Hope that my body can be more "zhen qi".

aphrodite, please take care.

Lingbel, we share the same fate!! All my items gone too, cos decided to stop at 2 but this beautiful baby decided to be my child... Ha... Mine, all natural. I think we can buy the new freestyle! I swear its gonna be more cool than our previous PIS advance! Haaa...

Ladies, I got bad ms today. Keep feeling like throwing out, and nausea feeling. Backache big time too.

Can u tell me what is the best position to sleep?

hello

been very bz with all the unpacking at home...

tml i will be going for my first check up..

anyone here tried massage already?

for my #1 i did pre natal massage but now i forgot which month can start.. anyone know?

nowadays.. i can't even sleep properly.

Keep tossing and turning. Whole body feeling so warm.

Waking up to loo..

Now so tired in office....

Back