(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Apple,

No lah, 2 is ENOUGH! being pregnant again sound like a horror story to me. Lol. Now already not enuff time n sleep.

Ann,

I dread air flight bcos need to b constraint to the seat. Taking12.5 hr flight already painful enuff, cannot imagine with a baby. E last time we went Melbourne with dd when she was 1.5yo, I sit until butt pain with her on my lap.

Congrats Stella! So long din check out here n read abt your breaking news! Hope you'll be having a smooth pregnancy! When is your EDD?

Seems a lot oct bb r progressing a step further! My boy can sit but not steady.. Crawl worst... I tried put things he wan to grab slightly further away from him, he can't reach n then shout! Piang! Headache ah!!!

Caris, I Juz read you r business analyst! IT dept? Wat do you do? Im also a business analyst. I'm looking for a job now leh. Any lobbing? Hee

My boy also can sit.. but will topple backwards once in a while. He can move around ... but not crawling. And pillow is no longer an effective obstacle.

BBlin: If you know SAP and don't mind working in Changi, my current company is looking for my replacement. Hehe but i have to warn you, after my departure, the "oldest" member in the team is only 6 months old :p

diveera/ann

Thanks.. I think the person will oppose the idea is my hb! He says bring baby along = not holiday at all. Wahahahha

Zuen, shin,

yes that's the other thing that my friend told me, if under 2 years n bigger than 1 yo, have to put them on the lap very heavy, and if older than 2 yo have to pay more for plane ticket. So better is below 1 yo :p

Shin,

ur hubby is so nice... !! To my hubby going to jb for lunch also considered holiday.. :p

Bblin: thanks! I hope this pregnancy is a smooth one too. My first pregnancy was a pure nightmare with alot of aches, pains n bleeding in e first tri, plus horribly swollen feet for the entire last tri. Aiyo now thinking abt it so scary. I haven't seen my gynea yet appt on 19th but if I'm not wrong edd shd b 4th Jan. Usually 2nd bb will come out earlier or later?

Now dunno how to break e news to my in laws. My mil is not in favour of a 2nd one so soon coz she says my boy too young to understand things so will b difficult. Plus now he's back to being carried to slp [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] dunno how to put him to sleep w a big tummy!

Now Logan can sit quite well but still topples after awhile. Can't crawl yet but I'm not too concerned coz I wun hv to run after him hehe. Ytd my mil said he fell out of his bumbo while trying to reach for something. Lucky no injuries. My mil thinks bumbo n rocker is a safe place for him so she wil leave him unattended. So dangerous that's y I refuse to get a walker. My boy is so active n inquisitive that I can imagine e destruction he can cause wen no one is looking!

Stella, not sure 2nd bb will come out early or late. I heard later is more possible. Hope your 2nd preg will be better!

I put my boy in walker. At least let him walk ard n can go do our things but Kip a constant watch out. My boy can't sit in bumbo. He will struggle to get out! So dangerous! A white elephant Liao. Keep for my niece or my 2nd child in future! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Caris, current company not using SAP leh. I wan to lesrn this! Seems not much luck for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Woah your team so new! That's why u leaving?

Good Morning everyone, Diveera, glad that both your kids are well and the infant care is understanding engh.

Stella, usually 2nd baby will come out earlier. That is what I heard.

Stella,

Dun worry so much and it's a 'motivation' for u to try start teaching ur boy to zzz on the bed instead of being carried to sleep. Things will sort out by itself, am sure!!

Congrats Grace! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ann

Ur hb so funny!!! Go JB lunch how to consider holiday? Got bring niko along? Lol.. Cos need chop passport mah... Lol

Grace

Congrats!!

Shin/Apple,

Thank you.. Will be visiting my gynae next sat. Went GP yesterday and tested positive. Don't know can confirm im pregnant anot leh.

good morning mummies & ian..

Zuen.. eh, i m same like u.. as long as come to parking.. my car can 'slot' in can liao. straight or not not very impt to me LOL. imagine if the car cannot even park into the lot, lagi stressful rite HAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Groovy,

thank you but confirmation by next sat after gynae visit. my cousin was saying shld be more or less confirm since tested at GP

Congrats Grace! Welcome to the club! Wen's your edd?

Seabreeze: initially I was able to put him to sleep on the bed but recently it doesn't work he will flip and flip for more than an hour n try to eat all the pillows but can't fall asleep. He is super sleepy but can't slp instead will start crying n crying but he cant cry himself to slp either. Once pic him up almost immediately he will fall asleep. Haiz

Grace

CONGRATS!!

Another member of the starry club. Hehe

Shin,

Ya la, because of the chop. :p

I told him, going to jb from our place is nearer than going to orch with bus/mrt. He still said it is still 'overseas trip' Lol..

BBlin: Was considering the option to be a stay home mum... resigned on that basis. But in the end a recruitment company called to offer another job opportunity. Tempting lar :p

Grace: CONGRATS [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wah wah wait let me recite our motto: HAVE YOU HS LAST NIGHT?! waahahahahaa..

ok apparently Stella and Grace have!! LOL!!!

Congratulations!!! I wanna hang around more but I'm really swamped with work. Pls talk about your babies development I wanna know lei.

And oso to quickly share this link. Govt been hiding this from us.. *sigh* really disappointed with govt!!!!

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2663008I

Ok mommies who're breastfeeding and already have their period: Are your period regular after the first or not? Or irregular? I'm usually regular lei but till now my 2nd period hasn't come. Touch wood I don't want to be as lucky as Starry, Grace or Stella hor!! hahaha.. we've been careful but at times my other half is pretty sloppy lor!!!!

Ann/Tiffy/SeaBreeze/Stella/Caris/Melissa

Thank you...

Melissa,

You are very right, that's y i strike 1st prize lor... My period been regular and nw late for 2 weeks liao so i tellmyself "NOT SO HENG" rite...

Melissa, good luck. I am still bf and my menses not back yet so cant reply.

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for sharing the link. I am a silent reader and that truth shocked me as a ex-nus student who self-financed tuition fees by slogging part-time. Never expected FTs to be subsidised to this extent.

Someone with a twitter account should attach this link on MrBrown Blog. Very disgusting indeed.

Yeah the link is viral now. I think that Singaporeans should know this. haven't we always wondered how come there are just sooooo many of them on ours shores!! So they come here for free education and free citizenship??!! Haizz..

Apple, I hope you mean good luck for getting my period soon ok!! LOL..

My boyboy weird lei, he's now trying to stand supported but he totally skip crawling and all that. Any babies like that? He also broke into viral rashes a few days ago after 2 days fever, which also coincides with two teeth that made its appearance last week. Now he can also sit from lying position. So bathing him is much easier now. Well.. not! He will sit, then turn around, and try to kneel, then stand.. OMG every bathing session is a physical battle! LOL..

Melissa, that's what I found in NUS too, especially for PRC student!! Some of them are not good at all! BUT THEY HAVE SCHOLARSHIP! Their CAP is less than 3.5 (less than B, so they can only go for 3 years programme) but still being paid fully by scholarship!!

For Indonesian student, at least from my batch onwards, we need to go for the university entrance examination (for NUS & NTU admission).

But actually I overheard from my friend, last time he got accepted in NUS & NTU, he reject NTU, choose NUS, but then the NTU person asked him whether he got anyone to replace him or not. LOL..

Dunno it's just rumour or not..

Melissa n all,

I heard it is true.

Me too although considered FT, worked PT to finance my studies. Still have study loan till now. I agree with groovy some students i see they r not good at all but still offered scholarship, only because they r FT. Nv come to class, act like they own the uni.

But some got terminated coz cannot deliver result. Most come from rich family so thats ok, the parents can finance for their studies.

Thats another issue, i realised the one know abt scholsrship come from rich family. To b honest my family not well to do, i came spore because have scholarship which my school reccommend me to go during sec sch. Then continue to jc but i cant cope because need to work pt to get some pocket money. The money govt gave not enough le.

melissa, I'm also waiting for my 2nd period to come... hope it comes soon... Hate that "will it come today" feeling :p

And I had 3 As for A level. Now want to patronize us with baby bonus that are peanuts of the peanuts. Feel like crying.

hello mommies n Ian [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wow!!!! CONGRATS grace !!! So happy for you!!take care n keep us update [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haizz I think it's just blatant injustice lah. I am more angry at govt for making such moves and all that coming from our pay. After 3 children, I can escape paying income tax but I realized I must pay more GST than ever on milk powder, diapers and other essential baby and schooling stuff. And then come to learn that these aliens are getting the good stuff for free. How very upsetting.

That said I hope it doesn't deter Singaporeans to procreate though. Policies and govt can change, but children cannot, they're our future. Our children can give us happiness that govt can't give lei.. kekekee..

So c'mon lah more baby stories pls.. haha..

Princess D,

think gg to have headache liao.. it just happens too soon.. still can't accept yet.. mayb i will after gynae's confirmation.

Grace: Congrats!!! So many breaking news.... :D

Princess D: You are missed! Recently u busy ah? I hvt seen meghan n jade's update in FB for a while n also ur posts here.

Re: FT

I read about the uni thingy yest. kinda sad. locals are scrambling to save to see their kids thru school or some had to work part time to see themselves thru uni yet those so call FTs got the easy way out. I dont even know if we shld call these ppl FTs! Pui!

yeah think better not confuse pple. the FT i meant was the PRC who gets a nice shortcut to a good life here. there are real FT who worked hard to make it here, like my ex-boss. he's an ang moh but he really, really takes care of our welfare and was extra nice to me when i was pregnant with #3 lor, keep telling me how hard it was for him and his wife to cope with 2 and then another in the oven. he's very daddy-like. I have the highest respect for him. he's here to just earn a living with his family. they just like being in Asia. and he did some positive changes to the department and do away with coming to the office punctually and stuff. he said he doesn't believe in this kind of system, we're all adults here as long as we all get our job done responsibly he doesn't care. needless to say, our singaporean chairman sack him and had him replaced with a china-born-american-schooled FT who barely make any difference now. dunno what the mgmt is thinking.. zzzz...

I gotta give my appreciation to the real hard working FTs who really make a difference and actually has respect to Singaporeans. I just don't like govt using our money to invite these PRCs with red carpet.

hi ann,

enjoy enjoy...ya i am permanently in spain. So you coming here for the weekend? haha..maybe we can do a meet up here since i am missing out on all the meet up in singapore :p

re. crawling & sitting

my boy can sit more or less but we need to put him into that position first. He still cannot move from lying down to sitting position on his own. As for crawling, not yet. He will try to reach out for toys but if cannot get then just scream for us. But for now i am not so concern about it. I just want him to stop falling sick.

Monday he got diarrhea from eating yoghurt, and then yesterday the sch called say he got fever. went to see doc, doc say his throat red. Sigh..the doctor becoming my best fren liao. Average 1 wk see him 2x. Damn jialat.

Is it true that if they frequently fall sick when young can help boost their immune system ah? I am trying to believe in this theory to make me feel bit better about him frequently falling sick.

loca

are you breastfeeding? i found this article from babycentre:

"We know that a newborn's immune system is not nearly as effective as an adult's or even an older child's, and that it takes many months before a newborn can fight off infection as well as someone whose immune system is fully matured. Nonetheless, you may be pleasantly reassured to know that newborns are much better protected against (or immune to) potential illnesses and diseases than you might otherwise think. This is because during pregnancy, disease-fighting antibodies made in the mother's immune system are able to make their way across the placenta and into her baby's body. Fortunately, these antibodies stick around for several months and are able to give newborns an added level of protection from many routine illnesses during this important time when they are not as able to effectively make their own antibodies. However, all good things must come to an end, and infants gradually get less and less benefit from their mothers' antibodies—that is, unless they are breastfed.

Breast milk not only has unquestionable nutritional value, but it provides infants with an added level of immune protection that no commercial formula has been able to duplicate. That's because even colostrum—the first milk produced by new mothers—contains large numbers of antibodies and other infection-fighting cells. Through breast milk, nursing mothers are able to provide their babies with a continued source of antibodies long after they deliver. As a result, breastfed babies are protected against many if not all of the diseases to which their mothers' are immune. It is because of this significant boost in immunity that breastfed babies have been shown to get sick less often, suffer from fewer ear infections, and experience less severe symptoms when they do get sick. And while you may be familiar with the risk of uneven heating and scald burns associated with microwaving breast milk, it's worth noting that doing so is also thought to destroy the immune properties of the milk."

ok the article is probably just pro-breastfeeding. not sure if it's true but i think there's some truth in it. i mean, if u get chicken pox, u do get some immunity from it right? your body detects it, fight it, u got well (faster with medical assistance) and then your body keeps the recovery record in the database. so that's how when u get sick in the future, the body will just retrieve the record on the database or automatically generate preventive methods should they sense danger lurking nearby. oh my i hope you understand me.. kekeke..

Melissa: my period came back during breastfeeding n was quite regular jus a couple of days difference plus now my ovulation period is quite obvious so that 1 time I hs n the next day I noticed I'm ovulating I started praying hard. Apparently didnt work n I think It's another boy somemore...

Loca: sorry to hear ur boy is sick. But getting sick now will build up his immune system as he grows older so dun worry too much.

Stella,

I can't even guess when i'm ovulating lei. i only track based on my previous record and we really avoided the fertile week. supposed to come last friday lor. then again once or twice an occasion, my period can be as late as one week. right now i'm having a headache! twice already at random. let's hope it's nothing lor really, really dowan to get pregnant anymore.

loca,

there are interesting intakes on frequently sick babies and immunities. go here and read. http://www.cafemom.com/answers/362278/Is_it_really_true_that_getting_sick_as_babies_builds_immune_systems

afternoon mummies~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

congrats to grace!

VOTE WISELY!!

Grace,

Congrats!

bblibran,

Ya lor. My hb always make me super gan cheong when I have to park. I already consider as an achievement when I get the car into the lot w/o accident lor. Then he will grumble. Faint.

Stella,

My 1st one pre-matured but 2nd one overdue wor.

I heard usually 2nd one should be earlier. Not true for me.

Isaac is also into eating pillow. Lol. He loves to eat my sling too. Ended up with big patches of saliva.

Grace, congratulations!

Period

Mine came in Feb '11 like normal. But thereafter, it has been haywire leh. I don't have regular flow but will have stain every now and then. It can be totally clear for 2 to 3 days, then suddenly will have fresh stains. It can be anytime of the day. It has been like that since Mar. I didn't my pap smear and gynae did check the womb in Jan. All ok leh. If continue like that, I will probably need to get gynae to check again.

Driving/Parking

I passed many years ago, till now still dislike driving. I hate the way S'porean drive, very impatient. Difficult to change lanes, small roads out to main roads, etc. Parking i also get nervous. I prefer to walk to the market then to drive.. ha ha ha

Crawling & Sitting

Cae can crawl forward but can't sit for more than 10 secs.

Teething

No sign of teeth yet. I'm glad cos still latching him.

Gathering on Mon, 9 May between 1 to 5pm. Any other mummies interested other than Jadefeet?

Jadefeet, where do you stay? Should we meet in town?

hi hi Diana !

Lately got strucked by lazy monster!! Muahaaa!!!the 2 girls are doing great !!

Saw kai kai pics ! So cute n adorable ! Such a lovable baby !! Wanna hug hug him one day whn we meet nx!!

Jade is entertaining Meghan as usual n gets really crazy over the weekends where jie Jie has no school[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]! Chaotic !!

Grace

No worries! God's gift! Everything will fall in nicely ...

Your kids will love to have another siblings to place with [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]your girl v cute !! Heehee!!

Melissa

Nx breaking news maybe YOU la!! Better ask Ian to hand the HS throne to you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] lol

Back