(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Boohoo. I think Isaac got fever from his flu. He feels warm but thermometer reads < 37.5. Haiz, duno if e thermometer is accurate. E last time he got burning fever n admitted to kkh, e thermometer unable to pick up his temperature. Apparently, ther ear still too small for accurate reading.

Zuen did u have various thermometer? When we monitor our gal temperature after her vaccination we use various thermometer. But hor if it hits 37.5 or even 37 we will give her the fever medication Liao. Maybe u wanna monitor and see how. Hope he gets well soon

Cherry, Princess D, Marrissa, thanks thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have decided to resign tomorrow. Felt like I should spend more time with my dearie. (which also means BYE BYE SAVINGS!!!) ...

Which also means, I will have time to organize the bday bash. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ... unless I backside itchy go look for another job .. :p

Think the RSVP looks like this now

1 Ann

2 Caris

3 Marrissa

4 Zuen

5 Princess D

6 Stella

7 Cherry

8 Teoong

9 Breeze

10 Groovy

11 Shin

Caris

Congrats!!welcome to the SAHM clan!wahahhaha!!DOn't worry,i bet you will have fun watching him grow grow grow!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mommies and daddy

I ve already sent out the invites via FB...I may have have missed out some of you or may not have you in my friend's list.May i trouble those who have been invited, to go through the guest list and invite mommies that i left out...thank you[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I m at kkh. Loads of sick bbs. Decided to bring Isaac here then to panic in e night. Slight fever, measured 37.8. Waiting, waiting. I think long q.

Mummies,

Think I'm going crazy lor. I get stressed up n frustrated with baby when he can't sleep. Sometimes he'll wake up very early then don't wan to sleep Liao. I'll be very stressed cos I'll think how to drag time till his usual bathing time?

Then for his morning nap, I'll try to make him sleep as long as possible cos if nt then it'll be a long afternoon which he can't sleep for lOng. Only abt 30mins nia. Then got to pass time lor.

Hb say I very robotic n put stress on myself leh. But I just wanna set routine n stick to the rough timings leh. Then how? He says if baby dont wan sleep cannot force wat.

Sometimes I do force my boy to sleep lor. He'll cry but eventually will sleep la.

Xin2

Take time off first so u can relax? Ask hubby to take leave one or 2 days and tk care of kayden?

Or ask ur parents/ in law take care for 1 day n u go window shopping/massage/ just relax? Pump if u usually latch him.

Seems from ur posts previously that u are too stressed alrdy.

Sorry if i am wrong..

Hi mummies,

Just finished some work for tomorrow's presentation. So sian. so much work. Feel like quitting and look for another more relaxed job.

Jaime,

My SIL sent her daughter to Shichida before. if you want to see result, must prepare to put your child there for few years. many parents gave up after 1-2 years. i put my son in Little Neuro Tree for 2 years. actually quite good. i stop because he was ahead of the class pace. and i thought i can teach him myself at home so i put him in speech and drama instead. however, i never have the time or effort to teach him myself lah.

bbliran,

My son, Darius also have sweaty feet. I have sweaty feet myself so i never really bother. my MIL will apply powder on this foot before wear socks

Baby Flipping over:

Darius is 5month old. still can't flip over totally. i am getting anxious. When i flip him to lie on tummy, he will flip back to lie on his back. he is much slower than his gor gor. should i be worry? And he has been crying every night before he sleeps. Cries like as if he has colic. I am losing patience.

Given paracetamol n nose drop. Haiz, I hope e flu bug goes away soon. I rem dd seldom fall sick b4 she turns one lor, but isaac already fallen prey to flu 2x. Sian.

Xin,

I hope u r just feeling a little down n needs some encourage from us. R u gg bk to work soon? Work helps me to retain my sanity. I reLised that I am actually not quite good in staying home full time to look after kid.

Shireen,

So late ah. I always try not to bring work home cos I super unproductive at home. Lol.

I think Darius will flip soon bah. Somehow, when it is time, they will a achieve their milestone.

Shireen, I'm in your shoes too! Juz finished work. Not finished actually but stopping as it's too late. I feel very stressed up at work! I feel like quitting also! I duno if I can be a SAHM but finanically wise I doubt so >.<!

Bb flipping

I think it's really worrying when bb start to flip over but do not know how to turn back. My boy flipped twice Juz now n Heng I'm still working so I quickly turn him back. He's also taking his paci so I scare when his face is on the mattress, he will get hurt or higher chance of blocking his nostrils! Quickly I took out his paci. Really worrying lo.

Xin, dun stressed. Our bb grow each day differently so stimes the routine plan got to be flexi as well. If he dun wan slp, let him play till his tired then maybe he can slp longer in his next napping time etc? Are u working? Who will to look after him after u go back work? Maybe u try letting the caregiver to look after n u go book a massage/facial to relax yourself? Online shopping?? Hope u be feeling better soon k..

Princess d, I saw your fb invite to birthday bash. I can't commit to the time first as my hubby will be away to his resevist that period. Maybe... I will check w him then reply ya! Thank you for sending out the invite!!

Time to go catch some slp but I Muz be alert to watch out my boy too! Gdnite!!!

allo ladies, so long nô comme In. How comme suddenly ur speak spanish or watever lang?

Caris i am interested In thé birthday Bash too. The location would be At? How much if Daddy joining too?

I cant sleeping argh...cos woke up late. Starting a bad sleeping cycle. I wish To be a sahm but definitely unable financially.

Jac, i reading some posts i miss cos Cannot zzz. How ur Mum Noé abt thé court case ur Gynae had 10yrs ago?

And ian, i tried To log In To vote for thé poll but hor got some stupide monster adv. Anyway i vote for Mélissa. But line wat Ann says u reverse psychology leh ask pple Dun vote for u. Hahah.

Btw, now i am back hère And évén m'y dad thot i prégnant again. So i want To ask u all for good ML contact and i wan To ask if now 5 mths plus later do massage still CAN help make thé swimming float disappear? Is origin jamu or something like that this co good? Can they côme At night too or on weekends?

Omg, reading thé hs posts now after our gathering really make me speechless And all tears. I Think too funny until i cry.

I évén forgot wat i wan To say.

Novakido, yes i keen In swimming gathering.

Caris, i been b z trying To pack In early feb And settle down end feb And last week. Now m'y House In super big mess but hard for me To pack when nô one keep an éye on m'y girl. So but now finally settle down In terms of able To comme In and post liao. Oh, also now m'y tv fighting For m'y Time too. But well girls i am back posting. Shld be la. Hahah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

And i Dun agrée 100% all men like bj, i Think 98%? and ian, u really provide such a factual détail on y men like n i really cant help LOL LOL LOL.

Nycmum, i would like To carry Claudia too, NeXT gathering ok. If i start work i also thinking of putting hebe To infant Care. But after some research, having 2nd thots. M'y Hb say infant Care earn gd money just acc Baby eat sleep CAN liao and need To reach thé infant Care by 7pm so Maybe get a Nanny but Nanny aso alot of horror stories. I also v vex. Anyway Will See how things goes.

So when is NeXT gathering? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] type so much laze To pût In orange already.

Hello Mel welcome and welcome back. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ann and Tiffy, i thot only pri sch is compulsory, kindergarten is not. M'y Sister did not manage To Study kindergarten but still she is In uni now but i Think that was last Time génération. Now At v young âge under social meet pressure i Think thé kids got To take up évén more enrichment class.

Hi Xin,

I also get rather frustrated when my boy dun wanna sleep and sometimes after spend 1hr making him sleep, he naps for 10min. Havent even cook my lun he wake up liao...So far everyday i just eat nonsense for lun and cant even bath till hb comes home.

I feel guilty to say this and i may regret not enjoying this time with my boy but i am also looking forward to going back to work. I find myself looking forward to weekends much more than when i was working cos thats when hb will be home to help look after him also.

And nowadays after his jab, his night sleep is also bad. He keeps waking up crying like nightmare. Dunno wats wrong with him. Hope it gets better soon.

hi apple,

din know u're back in s'pore. welcome back!!

it's tiring to unpack, might take sometime though to unpack all.

so when u starting work?? i'm serving my last 2 wks of notice at work and is pumping now. so glad dun hv to pump anymore. so troublesome and time consuming

Zuen, wish Issac a speedy recovery.meanwhile u take care and take lotsa fluid.

when my boy was down with flu and had fever, i also kanna coz not enough sleep. now his fever has cleared but nose still blocked. the dr suggested the best way to clear block nose is to suck out the mucus by mouth as that will not traumatise the nasal wall lining. but i can't bring myself to suck. i'm a bad mummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bblin

i asked the pd whether need to worry about bb flipping at night and she says it's okay. I also observed my boy sleeping and he knows how to turn his head from side to side to breath. After a couple of weeks of him flipping at night (even I turn him back onto his back he will flip back within 1 minute) I gotten used to it already....

Apple,

I'm not 100% sure whether can start fr Pri 1. But if going to do so, ur child definitely lose out alot in learning. Not sure u read abt 1 of my status in fb, snoopy even comment Nicole now have lots of enrichment class apart fr kindergarten class. Now Sherry in N2 already start learning to write Chinese character strokes. We, parents have to be kiasu cos of s'pore education system.

Bblin,

Wow u reminded me of reservist. Me too cannot commit to bday bash cos oct is reservist period for my hb too

Apple,

Welcome back. Are you gg back to your old job or looking for a new one?

bibizai,

suck out by mouth?!? I oso not so wei da leh. Hehe. Maybe I ask Daddy to suck. Lol.

Last night was horrible. Dd was still up when we reached home at 10+. It was almost midnight when I tucked Dd to bed. Then Isaac has to cry at 2.30am and 4am. -.o" Both times, woke up to latch so briefly. After the 4am feed, I slept with him on the sofa and woke up whenever he coughs. I m zombified now.

Ann:

Think im very stressed cos I'm the only one taking care of baby. Seems that I'm the only one who can handle him n get him to sleep lor.

Got hb to get baby to sleep but he carry barely 15 mins n baby cries then he say baby don't wan to sleep n let him play. Haiz. Quarrel with him cos I say muz force baby to sleep la. Cry a bit nvm.

Zuen:

Ya. Need all the encouragement I can get from mummies in forum. If nt think cannot even tahan till now lor. I'm not going bk to work yet. Took leave till June leh. Hopefully can last till then.

Bblin:

Thks for the encouragement. I agree that baby grow up each day n their patterns will change. Think I got to be more flexible then. I'm looking after him myself.

Mel:

Same lor. I always look forward to hb coming bk n weekends. Though I'll still be the one looking after baby but somehow not so stressed. I feel worse when I know that hb gonna be hm late lor.

Thankd bibizai And zuen. Sigh. Work is a big headache. I am on npl And currently work place nô vaccancy. I need To Tender In april if by then there is still nô vacancy And need To Pay back 4 digits bonus which was given during npl. I need To work cos Hb alone cant support thé House. Thou i hope i strike toto And solve thé prob.

Tiffany, Yar lor SG so fast pace now almost every kid start v early.

Xin,

Gg back early to work could be an option. That is provided that u have pple to help u with ur boy lah. I also feel that way when I was home alone with dd when she was an infant. Now, I barely have time to spend with isaac.

Apple,

Wah, must wait for vacancy ah. Stress.

Are u a civil servant?

Xin2,

Dont be sad k...

Take a deep breathe n pray before u start a day. I can understand how tiring it can be as i also taking care alone plus do housework alone, except if my mum is here. If im alone then one day i only sleep 2-3 hours of solid sleep, plus some power naps in between. But I cant symphatise enough with u coz i think my boy quite easy to handle.

This will soon pass... okay? As he grows older will be much easier for him to sleep on his own. Talk heart to heart to hubby, say that too taxing for u to handle alone without his support. Hope he will understand n help u a bit in night shift.

For he cries when ur hubby carry, let him be? Perhaps one day he will be able to sleep in ur hubby's arms. So not only u can comfort him to sleep.

Cry one, two nights nevermind, let him get used to it? If not very troublesome for u n u dont hv enough rest.

Ian,

xavier is a HEARTBREAKER.. lol..

Good Morning mommies and daddy![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bblin

you are welcome...i m just helping around to send out the invite in FB incase some of you missed it here...erveything is not confirm yet even the date bcos we need to know how many ppl + babies + siblings are coming before can commit and arrange..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen

Hope your bb is all well and fever is under control!The recent Flu bugs have been staying for too long attacking everyone!Really a big headache!

Jamie

What Shireen said is absolutely true!If you intend to start your child early and you have ot consistently send him to enrichment classes jsut to ensure that his time spent is not wasted!And Kids Who exposed early to education have their pro's n con's!

DUe to her active nature..My girl Started with Julia Gabriel when she was 13mths till 2.5yrs old.

I can't imagined her being at home now not doing anything!She will asked for school every morning!And always looking forward to...But if i decided to stop her....can you imagine what she'll become??Once started ,you cannot stop!You just gotta go all the way...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Is a decision that you have to think wisely[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple

I hope you can get your job soon...Hebe will be at infant care too?can start sourcing out now....

Really !They earn big bugs just by doing what you hb mentioned..but they are also in demand now as any parents decided to put their child in as they sometimes learn something as well!It is not that bad..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kindergarten:

Being in S'pore.....one child really can't afford to go w/o education at early age!Whether is compulsory onot..Seriously is stressing the parents so much!!!

Not being Kaisu but if the child is not exposed to early education.....they will struggle in Primary school or even at Kindergarten!

When i was in Kindergarten,i play n learn ABC 123 only.....Hey!!Now K1 do compositions of 20words,spellings and more...WT.....=.=!!!!

How to put the child at one corner and relax???

My niece who is in p3 now struggled her way up since P1...

She was under her grnadma's care when younger..she just need to complaint and whined about her kindergarten...and she will get ther luxury to stay at home to play n play..so schools for her!

At P1..her teacher was SHOCKED to see her behaves like dat and no choice ..my cousin gotta give up her child and send her for enrichment classes which incld phonics and numbers...At first she cried n cried but due to peer pressure,she took up the courage to learn .

now at p3 she has got 4 lessons tuitions every day,3 enrichment classes on alternated and 1 golf lesson over the weekend!!!STRRRREEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ann/amy> after the swim session, we brought him inside the changing room ma..then just nice got this 7-8mth old bb girl lying next to him..so he turned to his side and looked at her..and initially the girl still can smile abit..

then..xavier started to tug at her top..the girl frowned abit..and i quickly pulled his hand away from her.. and the very next moment..he stretched his hand over and tugged at her top again..this time the girl really cry liao..zzz..and my son still gave us the innocent look..

Ian

lol!!!!

So cute.. hehe..

Apple

I only bought toto once though when i was pregnant n i kena bird shit twice! On two consecutive days. Then my colleagues said must buy toto n they contribute too. I was working then. Bought n never win :p

shireen, thx for ur reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] at least i know my gal is not alone else i will be a panic freak liao.

have you try applying ru yi oil on darius's tummy? eh, or perhaps give him gripe water or ridwind? i still give my gal everyday after her bathing session.

count me in for the oct baby bash! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

caris,

finally can be SAHM! don't worry abt money. can be earned back. but time with your precious one can nv be bought. so treasure it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zuen,

hope isaac will be fine after meds and resting. you too, don't worry too much.

apple,

i think massaging shld still help somewhat.. you can try origins jamu. they come on weekday mornings till afternoon. you can let them know which timing you prefer. weekends they don't usually work, unless specially arranged. that one you need to check also. but best if you can book like 7-10 sessions back to back. then more effective! and their binder with the jamu herb can work wonders too. but you shld massage and then bind in the mornings then remove at night, 'cos not recommended to bind while sleeping.

my mum learnt about that court case from newspapers. and because he is a neighbourhood gynae, whole wet market knew abt it. haha!

ian,

aiyo!! your son is so funny!! so young know how to 'disturb' girls already. hahaha! skally he will be more expert than u in future. :p

xin,

you got employ PT maid to help with chores? hope you will find encouragement here and whenever you chat with us you will feel better. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] endure now with kayden. his pattern will definitely change. just take one day at a time okay?

this morning at 5.30am jadelyn woke up very suddenly and cried badly. scared me for a while 'cos thought what happened to her. think it's her tooth that's erupting. i saw her ear got a lot of scratch marks, which has nv happened before so i think probably painful for her. so poor thing... she was perfectly fine after having milk though. can smile and play. feel that babies' moods change faster than a woman having PMS lor. :p

ann,

i once kena bird shit on the same shoulder for THREE consecutive days. dunno that one is super duper suay or what. i was in sec sch, cannot buy toto then. hahaha!!

starry, my gal can also 变脸very fast. she can be smiling at u at one moment then pout the next moment. cant help but very funny lor. so.. our PMS is train since young. LOL! i noticed my gal likes to scratch her ears then red red somemore. is that a sign of teething? i have been applying the dentinox gel diligently twice a day. she can be quite aggressive in sucking her hands nowadays. so her pd advices us to put the gel for her.

bblibran,

haha! PMS trained from young. very true!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] think ur gal is teething. otherwise shouldn't scratch ear till red red. it was on the day my mum told me jadelyn's tooth sprouted then i noticed her left ear was full of scratches!

she is also very noisy during the late afternoons, tired but don't wanna sleep, not keen in toys etc. i suspect is the gums hurting her. 'cos late afternoons are usually when blood vessels expand most and probably her gums felt achy and swollen.

Gd morning mummies and daddy

Please include me for the b'day bash!

Sorry, busy can't read all postings.

Zuen, hope Issac recover soon.

ok i m so gonna check on her gum tdy!!! :D see if there's tiny tooth sprout out.

if her gum is hurting, do u think the dentinox gel will help to soothe her?

bblibran,

you may not spot tooth immediately, but you can feel her lower gums. some signs are swollen tender gums and you may also feel something hard underneath. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so exciting huh? our babies are growing up!! she even chewed my hubby's hand when he was carrying her yesterday. my hubby said quite itching 'cos she was rubbing her tiny tooth against his skin. haha!

not sure if the dentinox helps leh. maybe to a very limited extent bah. my mum told me to just use, so gonna try tonight.

her lower gum already got abit swollen for quite sometimes already. tell me about it.. our babies are growing too fast. hubby & i always like to browse through her infant's pics and compare with it now.. changes quite abit lor. but of cos cannot complain too much la. still very happy watching her grow every single day! must cherish the moments.

yes pls try that.. we are using it diligently twice per day as per instructed by the pd.

teoong,

morning! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bblibran,

hubby and i also always look back at her infant pics. so different! she was really like my hubby last time. now doesn't look like him anymore, but more like me. heh heh heh!! ok, i will try the dentinox on her tonight. hope she will sleep better after that, not like this morning, gave us a scare..

anyone going teach your baby sign language? i'm gonna start these few days and also told my mum to coordinate with me. think it will be nice to be able to understand her basic needs and wants in future before she can actually speak instead of second-guessing everything. gonna start with 'milk' for the entire week. hope can reap results in 2-3 mths time.

Ian

hahaha......!!

Teoong

Bonjour!!

Starry

THink Detinox helps esp b4 feeding. really can feel their pain when they go through this stage!Meghan too scratch her ears till bleed...esp the back of her ears,...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

princess d,

jadelyn doesn't scratch behind ear. she scratches INSIDE the ear. thought those marks were ear wax or something initially, on closer look then realize they were old wounds with scabs forming. saw at least 5-6 of them. poor babies...

Back