(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Zebra: ur boy slps in aircon? Abit too young to tell if bb has sinus. Might b sensitive e nose or his airways still small. Shd get better as he grows older. Jus monitor n see n try to avoid aircon.

Ah, looks like I better bring Isaac to the PD. We are heading to Genting next Friday and I hope he recovers by then.

The Gp who saw my dd was telling me that there is a stubborn flu big gg around. Gives very thick mucus and bring along cough. If mucus not cleared, can turn into infection and brings fever. -.o" And tghe flu can stay on for 2 weeks!

Stella, no aircon for him only fan cos worry aircon will make it worst..thinkg maybe he inherit my hubby family sinus and sensitive nose. But he still so young so fast start already???

Birthday bash,

So far only gotten a reply from "The Little Gym" (see below)

The Bash is scheduled only on Sundays from 4:30pm to 7:00pm at Forum and on Saturdays from 5:00pm to 7:30pm at Marina Square.

Basic Package for 20 children includes:

20 The Little Gym Invitations

20 The Little Gym Balloons

20 The Little Gym Lootbags (loot not included)

20 nametags

1 The Little Gym Backpack for the celebrant

exclusive use of The Little Gym for 2 ½ hours: first 15 minutes shall be for registration and free play in the gym; 45 minutes of instructor-lead age-appropriate games and activities; 1 1/2 hour in the multi-purpose area for candle-blowing, gift-giving and meal, and clean-up time. Usually, we advise parents to state on the invitation that the party ends at 6:30pm at Forum and 7:00pm at Marina Square. This is to allow for half hour for packing up, or to act as buffer time for some parents who may be late at picking up their children.

Fees and Discounts:

Basic Party Package: S$750.00

Extra children in excess of 20 (max 30 children in total): S$35.00 / child

The Little Gym Members are eligible to 10% discount. You can join us as a member for an annual membership fee of $55, and enjoy the 10% discount immediately.

Additional Information:

Instructors will be leading the activities in the gym at a 1:10 teacher-to-children ratio.

Meals and cake are not part of the amenities provided in the package, but we do allow and have space for caterers to provide the meals.

Mummies & Daddies, interested?

Zebra,

hope he sleeps through soon ya!

Btw my son alsoa have sensitive nose and yes, at 5/6 am will make some sounds like blocked nose like that.

We went to 4 Pds abt it, they all said normal for babies to be like that. As they grow older the nasal passage will be broader and they can breathe better without the sound.

So far if really blocked i will spray with sinomarin n dig (no choice).

My hubby n i have sinus problem n the pds also said maybe he can have that too..

As long as no phlegm in the lungs should b ok...

U shld consult ur pd abt it if u are worried...

Caris

Intrested.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw i watched a birthday party at jwc or jwt or smth like that at UE square. It looks fun as well. Besides it there is kids salon and i saw another princess birthday theme there.

At UE Square there is minori japanese buffet restaurant too. :p

if the birthday bash is there maybe after the bash we can go eat there. Just a suggestion. Hehe

Thanks marrissa & princess d for the feedbacks. Habourfront really far frm my plc too... Nothing particular to get also. Hmm... shall give a miss too!

BBlin

there's nothing much there. I travelled all the way there but the daily specials already sold out. I still ended up buying alot of clothes, to justify the long travel there...wasted my money n time...Haiz

Zebra: my boy was like that frm birth. Blocked stuffy nose especially at night n in aircon. Hb has sinus prob n sensitive nose n I thought that was e prob but as bb grew older the symptoms were less serious. Now he can slp in aircon. Sometimes will hv abt of sound but nothing much so guessing it's his nasal passage getting bigger.

Ann: Hope we can get enough response for the birthday bash. Need to have at least 20 babies wor.

Mummies & Daddies: Let me know if you are interested in the b'day bash. I seldom check the forum during weekdays, so it'll be better if you drop me a PM [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Let me know if you prefer weekdays/weekend (sat/sun), and the estimated number of attendees (papa, mama, korkor, jiejie, etc)

Motherhood fair,

I bought clothes too. They have good deals for strollers and highchairs ... but I already have those. Wanted to get a car seat. But the promo one is in PINK. I'll prolly get the car seat from taka baby fair.

Caris, count me n sofea in! E rest of e playgyms havent reply u back? Maybe we shd wait then can compare.. I prefer jwt actually coz can dress up hehe.. But whatevrr u choose in e end i still want in! :p

mummies

do you intend to let your baby attend shichida lessons for training of their brain?

it seems very exp however got many positive feedbacks. do you all think it's useful?

Jaime: I feel that such lessons r a gd to have but not a must hv. I prefer letting my boy learn at his own pace if he can. Dun like e idea of exposing him to unnecessary stress so young. A gd playgroup or childcare can give him a gd start as well. Also parents play a huge role in teaching their kids right at home. The right stimulation can develop e child's brain as well.

Stella

feedbacks seems to acclaim that shichida develop their right brain such that in future whatever they undertake it seems easy for the child to grasp and etc..

i think i'm falling into the kiasuism track oh no..

Hi mummies, I have a brand new bumbo seat with table to let go @ $62. Coz my boy is too big to fit into the seat. Any one interested please pm me okie? ;)

hi mummies,

my boy fever is gone but he woke up every hour from 9pm to 1am. He suddenly cries like got nightmare, eyes closed so i left him alone but cry become louder n louder. Pick him up then cry those sad sad cries. Aiyoo dunno whats wrong. In the day he didnt want to drink much milk but just before bedtime like super hungry, end up my hb fed him total 240ml when normally he drink 120ml only. Is this ok ah? dunno whether its cry cos too full and tummy ache.

Also mummies do you all have those floor mats for baby to play on? Where to buy? Is it neccessary or those jig saw foam ones will do?

Jaime: take a look at this article. Nowadays kiasuism is commonplace n quite justified, however there r lots of ways to help bb in their natural course of brain development. We dun hv to pay for someone to develop bb's brain, we can do it ourselves. After all who knows bb better than mummy right?

Caris,

Me in too. Weekend, pls. My little gym n gymboree has good locations.

Jaime,

Dd tried lil neuro tree b4, which is similar to shicidah. I gave up after e trials. It is classroom setting. At e end of e class, I was more exhausted than she was cos have to try to make her sit down n behave like big kids. N I seriously doubt how much she learns lor.

good evening ladies

I'm game for the birthday bash! Pls let me know if I can help out in anyway...

As for JWT I'm also looking at it for Jade's birthday party too !!

Had a great day today ! Shack!!

Okay mummies, tentatively set the date for B'day bash as 1st of Oct (Sat). Let me know if this date is okie with you.

Mummies who are joining:

1 Ann

2 Caris

3 Marrissa

4 Zuen

5 Princess D

6 Stella

7 Cherry

K, we need 13 more mummies+babies ... Let me know if I missed out anyone :p Sometimes this forum has too much activity that I have difficulty keeping track.

Zuen,

Thanks for the suggestions. I just sent emails to Mygym and Gymboree.

Ann,

Yah I think eating after the bash seems like a better idea than eating during the bash hor. We will prolly be running around like mad mummies chasing our babies. Don't think we'll have time for food. HAHAHA

Princess, maybe can share the info for JWT if you have any? Then I just focus on drilling the rest of the play gyms. :p

Zuen

is there any proper technique to flash cards to our bb over at LNT?

i tot of buying the flash cards and practice to my bb at home and save some $$.

Cherry,

I've been through it before as my maid got delayed for 3 months plus. I hired a maid before I was pregnant & she came after baby was 3 mths plus due to many reason. Really no luck in choosing a maid. Now this current maid worked for 2 months only. Initially she was good but later on becomes lazy, likes to tell lies, no manners, most importantly abuse my helpless bb. On the day that I sent her back, she requests if I can let her carry my boy. Obviously I rejected her, don't know what she wants to do to my boy. The maid agency called me today says the maid wants to work for us again .. But given her enough chance. She alway made me and my hubby quarrel. Once bitten, twice shy. Really hope I get a good maid... Pray hard.

My boy don't know growth sprut or what? Normally drinking 210ml every 4 hrs & can sleep thru from 10pm to 7.30am. But, recently wake up at 4am for milk then 8am then afterwards every 3 hourly! Shld I increase his intake of

milk? But the guideliness suggest 4-5 mths to drink 210ml of milk. Nowdays he cry when his milk is finished.. He has got huge appetite

Caris,

thank u for sourcing n organising. I can help to update e chart shld there be more mummies n babies joining in.. If we shld exceed more than 20, we can have it in two session or even consider a bigger venue.. we will all work things out! We welcome all mummies to join in e fun!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia,

maid issues r endless.. It is also depends on luck! May u get a good maid.. Stay positive. But my this new maid is so far so good, pro in BB care n Very pro active n posses postive attitude..thumbs up! I am using iPhone, next time tell u more about my old lazy maid!

Could it be too bloated ???

I agree maid issue r endless. Where is ur current maid from? How old is she? I realised too young also problem, too young also problem. The one I sent back is from Myanmar. Think she abit crazy, when I m not ard, she wants to be like me & takes after my role. My hubby told me to totally hand off baby to the next maid so she won't feel she has extra role to fulfill if I keep on taking care on my own.

He's not bloated. He can really drinks alot!!

My sil fed my bb Twistees!! Tried stopping her but she says nvm..,sigh

Need advise urgently. My son is 5months old. He cries every time before he naps and sleeps at night. Tonight is the worse. I have tried to make him sleep from 9pm , I tried to nurse him, pat, carry, put him in sarong. Nothing seems to help. He sleeps for 30mins and then wakes up and cry again. He is still crying now... I really don't know what to do....

Hi linda

Is he teething? Or any signs of fever, block nose etc?

He cried non stop from 9? Is it a colic episode?

Try apply ru yi oil then burp him?

Sorry not much help. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hope he will b fine soon... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Linda,

he could be teething? It happens to my boy before, & I apply the dentinox gel & he's happy. Or try sleeping on his side? Maybe he has wind in his stomach, trying rubbing 'ru Yi you' , or could be blocked nose?

Jaime,

Just very, very fast. Each card is probably 1 sec n e trainer rattles off like a bullet train. It will take loads of practice to achieve that speed.

Linda,

Any fever?

hi linda,

maybe you can try the ruyi you. Last nite my boy also like tat. I think finally we put the ruyi you and he slept. But we tried so many different pattern that i dont recall what was the last one.

Mummies,

I want to start the CIO method so that he learn to fall asleep on his own. But whenever i leave him on his bed, after a while he will start crying and then kicking, flipping, until his legs outside of the cot and his head under the cot protector. How to just leave him there like that? I dun want to pick him up but then i scared he injure himself.

good morning Mommies and Ian![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Caris

Great!I m fine with 1st Oct..

I will go send the invites in FB so that some who hardly come in here will know about the event too[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gymboree is not too bad too!

MOrning Mummies & Ian!

Me too, count me in for the birthday bash! So so looking forward to it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, does anyone baby has sweaty feet? I realized sometimes my gal has sweaty feet and abit cold if this occurs. Anyone having the same issue?

claudia,

I would prefer younger maid. reason being, they r more energetic and usually likes to play with children. All my previous maids r from phil, this current maid is from indo.

Bblibran: yeah my boy has sweaty feet too. N gets cold very fast but it's on & off not all the time. Still haven't figured out wat triggers it.

Thx stella for ur reply! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Ya it gets cold and abit sticky sticky.

Think I need to check with the pd on the nx visit. Make me kinda worried lo

Bblibran: I think it's normal though. It doesn't seem to affect my boy at all. Though wen his feet get cold I jus put on socks. But do lemme Noe wat pd says. My next pd visit is next weekend.

Exactly lo. It doesn't seem to affect my gal too but bothers me much : p nw I put leg warmers on her lol cos her thigh can get abit cold too. Oh ur pd visit is nx wk... Mine Nt so soon but i wil give u a buzz when I find out from my pd

Back