(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

hi all mummies, thank you soo much for all your replies.

his temp has finally gone down. i am praying it stays down.

as for sleeping through the night, unfortunately my boy still hasnt been able to do it. Sian. the best he can do is sleep 6 hr stretch..

i tried dream feeding a couple of time. Silly boy doesnt even want to open up his mouth, end up crying so i gave up on the idea.

so now he sleeps at 8ish, on good days wake up at 3am then 6am again. On bad days wake up at 12, 3, 5 and finally at 8am. Dont know when he will ever learn to sleep through. Some pple told me once they start solid, they should be able to sleep longer. This weekend was planning to start giving him some ceral but now with the fever, maybe should postpone a bit.

How much are your bb drinking? My boy driving me crazy. I always make 120ml and he drinks 60ml only dun want already. Then when i make 60ml, drink until not enuff...so confusing.

Jac:

Will discuss with hb later n see tonight wanna try not picking kayden up. Think hb sure say let him latch lor. Haiz. He thinks that baby wakes up cos hungry lor.

Sometimes Kayden will drift bk to sleep but sometimes he'll make a lot of noise lor. Then we pick him up to feed Liao.

When jadelyn goes bk to sleep, needs pacifier? The prob with kayden is that we muz hold the paci for him n also depends on his mood. Sometimes give him also don't wan lor.

He'll wake up but usually not crying.

Princess D,

Yeah, agree drs are usually full of pride. At least your pd merely suggested a high risk technique to you that is common practise among older gen and he can still argue his way out in his reply to u.

My ex-pd told me that when measuring FM, the scoop should be not be level and should be heaping. That is so diff fr all I heard and thought and I was thinking ur heap the same as my heap meh. After hearing that, I felt his belief was quite ridiculous as a pd but did refute him as his nurse was also inside the room. After that, I changed pd because of parking issue and also becoz I kind of lost confidence in him.

Mel,

Glad the temp came down for bb, its a big load off a mommy's mind.

My girl is drinking about 160ml every 4 hrs and occassionally can drop to 80-100ml per feed. It fluctuates according to the time of the day and their appetite. Don't worry. Because I sense that everytime when I am stress about how much she drinks when she is physically drinking, she drinks even less. Babies take cue fr us maybe. We stress, they stress too.

Princess, fue un mal día para empezar. Atenea tenía los ojos hinchados y tengo que llevarla a la EP. Por suerte, se debió a la suciedad en contacto con el polvo / no, alergia a los alimentos. Pensé que era la bizcochos, pero no heng lor. Bueno, terminó muy bien, sin embargo, Athena estaba sonriendo a continuación, girar a la risa y la risa al oír la canción del feliz cumpleaños. Realmente se calienta y derrite mi corazón!

Tiffy, haha.. yaya!

Shortyncute, thanks for e explanation! I din know its best to push e syringe by side of e mouth. I only know if crying never push in milk or liquid bt ive ever pushed in my breast into babys mouth b4 when she was crying inconsolably. Once she discovered my nipple she start sucking n quieten down.

Marrissa,

At least your girl knows how to appreciate her mom and knows u are giving her good stuff. My girl hates to latch so now my supply dwindled. and she lost her human pacificer ;p

zebra,

Wake up 6 to 7 times a nite!!! You started work already? I started work liao and will express before I sleep but if I accidentally fall asleep, will wake up once to express and another time to either express or latch. So, I can wake up 1 to 3x in the night on average. But I get so tired sometimes that I doze off while latching my boy. Haha.

I did try to latch lying down and falling asleep with my boy before but I am trying not to co-sleep with him and not develop that habit.

You still tbf?

zuen,

i nt wrking now if not i die...i now stll tbf, latching all the time..I do lay down latch at nite ,somex fell asleep so when i wake up then put him to his bed..bobian somex really tire...so mostly i will take the one nap with him...

I am thinkg of going bak to workforce once he 6mth so if by then he still wake up alot of x at nite then i think i will look like panda walk like zombie..

zebra,

6-7 times a night no joke man!! U mean almost every hour? Siong... But I really salute u for ur endurance. Don't think I can do that.

omg! Espero que Atenea está bien ahora! debe ser terrible! la forma de cono que hay polvo alrededor? que la utilice en ella? yo sería demasiado miedo! puede imaginar su risa en la canción de cumpleaños? Jade canción favorita también!

Estoy viendo en las señales de alergia para Meghan también. hasta ahora se ha comenzado a aguacate cereales integrales n! No estoy muy seguro si es el cereal que está teniendo erupciones leves en el lado derecho de su parche n ojo pequeño en su barriga o Izit su saliva que extendió por todo al mismo tiempo jugar y tal vez el oso aceite de bebé que usa para limpiar el ombligo? suspiro ... su pd dijo a ver, pero es poco probable que los alimentos OTW que va a tener tal vez la fiebre o el vómito ... Heng! hasta ahora tan bueno!

Zebra

Yea,he taught me too ..iject from the side of the mouth..provided she kwai kwai open up her mouth for me!But the thing even if we force the syringe in from the side..her gums are closed tightly!!=.='''I guessed there are few methods to this and it depends on each mother on whichever ways they preferred...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Veyr notty girl!

Wow!!Waking up 6-7x????Remind me of my bfg days with Jade!Evry 45mins gotta wake up to latch her!

Don't you worry!I had the same question too back then...WHEN CAN THEY SLEEP THROUGH???They will when they grow oleder and taking in more solids!WHen they are more mobile,they will naturally sleeps longer and nap shorter during the day!

their naps timing will changed too!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Jia yoU!!

Princess: ¡Dios mío! Espero Meghan no tiene alergia! Pobre chica. Esperamos que se recupere pronto!

Teoong: Atenea también!

Princesa, PD mencionó que Atenea no es alérgico a alguna comida! Heng sólo ctc polvo a los ojos. Toque madera toco madera! Esperanza Meghan no tienen algún tipo de alergia.

Stella, buen día! Gracias, Atenea sigue siendo todo sonriente. Gracias a Dios!

gracias stella .. su día pasado desde que aparecen los parches, pero es un parche muy pequeño, con superficie rugosa! Es el mismo como el jade cada vez que aplica el aceite de bebé en ella! jade es alérgico a la esencia de eucalipto! suspiro ... doesnt parecen alergia a los alimentos.

zebra, i salute u for yr enduranc n patience.. i haf to wake up at least once EVERY night and i feel so shag.. im also praying dat sofea will sleep thru the nite soon. i tried means n ways.. reducing her naptime, dreamfeeds, sleeping a bit past her bedtime etc but she still wakes up ard 2-3am for milk and sometimes get excited n refuse to sleep when she sees my hubby at home (hubby usually works nite shifts). I gif up, its jus simply her being not ready. BUt i hope she sleeps thru e nite soon coz i feel like im losing steam soon.. i want my mojo back! I miss being creative and driven..

Princess: Al menos no es alérgica a los alimentos. Evitar el aceite de bebé es más fácil que evitar los alimentos supongo.

Marissa: u tried giving Sofea dream feed ard midnight or so? I find it helps my boy sleep longer. He can slp til latest 7 plus. But on bad days stil wakes up ard 4+ to 5.

Sleeping thru e night:

Think I read somewhere that for bb, sleeping thru e night refers to a stretch of 5 to 6 hrs without waking up. Not literally throughout the night. Any mummies can confirm this?

Princess,

my boy is so happy after sending the maid back! Less fussy. Initially all of them tot bb becomes sticky to me but turn out that he don't want the maid. As we left him with the maid to take care twice this week. I guess he must be traumatized. My bb is happier now!! Phew!! Hopefully will get a good maid. It's like striking lottery.

Claudia,

I just been through what u r going thru now, I was maidless for 2 weeks.... Jia you, okay. Though hard work, least u will have a piece of mind n less mental stress. For now, some things just relax n chin chai abit.. Time will pass faster Jia you!

Aiyo, Isaac has caught the flu bug from jie jie. -.o" I am contemplating in bringing him to the pd. Will pd prescribe medicine to 4+ months? Otherwise, waste my $$.

I'm so tired lor. Kayden chooses to wake up every 2 hours leh. Super snacked. Latch him n he goes bk to sleep. But will wake up again 2 hours later. He'll turn here n there n try to flip leh. Initially wanted to try not picking him up but can't leh. He'll flip over lor.

Any other babies also like this? Hope that it's just a passing phase n mb growth spurt? Really so tired waking up every 2 hours. Will getting a sleep positioner helps?

Gd morning

Any tbf bb hv green poo when teething? How long does it last? Cae poo is green since thu. Chk wif pd & lc bth say to monitor for a few more days to 1 wk. He is fed on ebm thru bttles 5 to 6 feeds thus unlikely to be imbalance of fore/hind milk. Told to stop all milk & cut down diary.

He alrdy poo twice in the past 8 hrs. He didn't fuss or cry jus per normal. Nothing unusual abt him other than drooling. Can't feel anything on the gum. It's hard though. Pd say cld be teething. To monitor.

His milk intake drop alot. Now drinking 80 to 100ml instead of 160 to 180ml 3 to 4 hrly.

Zuen, for nose my pd did prescribe nosedrop. For cough it's syrup. But some pd don't prescribe medi to infant. Hope Issac get well soon.

Diveera: green mucousy poo might be due to sensitivity to dairy or other foods, frothy poo might b foremilk/ hindmilk imbalance so bb gets too much lactose. Expressing cld still

Cause an imbalance if u hv an over supply n dun clear breasts fully. Wen expressing do u see more of the foremilk?

Stella, dats wat i read too.. 5-6 hrs stretch is sleeping thru e nite bt howcome some babies here can sleep brtwn 7pm-7am? I tried dream feed sofea at diff times oso but she's still active ard 2-3am. So now i made her sleep early at ard 6+ so at least i can get a bit of me time betwn 7-10pm. Yest she slept past her usual bedtime at 10pm coz hubby brought her out she still wakes up ard 2am

Morning mummies & Ian!

Zuen, PD did prescribe some medications for my girl when she was dwn wth flu and slight fever. She caught the bugs frm her dear daddy. Hope Issac get well soon!

Cluadia, I read thru the threads! Glad tht the maid is gone and your baby is happier! End of the day, so long baby is happy, mummy will also be happy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good morning mommies n Ian

Claudia

Really glad tt your bb is happier now! This shows ghat he really dong lid that creature!for whatever she had don't to him, she better pray hard to get a good employer!

You ate tired but bb happy ! Don't worry too much, hope you'll find a good maid soon!! Mean time take it as a diet regime lor .. ... That's wat I always tell myself la..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

DIVeera

I ve heard if green poo can caused of lactose intolerant ! Really hope Cae will be better soon ....

Thanks Stella, it's more like mucousy. But the past few days I oso feel the breast not emptying well and milk build up faster. Now before latch or express, I'll hand express out some. For bottle feed, it look quite balance. Foremilk which is dilute is not more than 1/2 of the bottle. Mostly 1/3.

Claudia, hope u get a gd maid. Like u say it's by luck. Happy to hear bb is much happier now.

Marrissa: mayb try increasing her activities during the day? If she doesn't take full feed at 2-3 am it cld b that it's become a habit to wake up n needs help to get back to sleep? When she's ready I think she will auto slp thru e night.

Diveera: do u drink a lot if milk or has ur diet changed to affect bb? Once in a while my boy's poo also becomes green but it's a one day thing. Cld b something I ate but definitely not milk coz I drink everyday.

BBlin i went to the mothercare fair on a weekday.. so packed! 15% off storewide.. i din buy much jus a sippy cup n spoons n plastic bowls. no extra discount for members. Now when i tink of it, i could haf just gotten those at Giant near my place coz frm my place to harbourfront quite far.. lol. Wanted to get a highchair oso but after discount all over my budget. I tink i will get ikea highchair.. ikea oso v near my home.. heh

bblin

I went yesterday ... Ermmmm..... I didn't get anything ???!!lol.

Maybe I was there a short while .. Nothing caught my eyes...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Starry, Marrissa,

Don ned to salute me, shd salute my boy for training me so well,can get up anyx he wan me to..hahaa...bobian lah he wake up crying crying,try to ignore also cannot,cry until his whole head sweat like pour water onto him like tat...mostly he will slp 2to3 hr first..then near to dawn time is the scary time cos he will wake up every half or one hr...

Would like to ask ...near to dawn my boy will have those 'pig' sound...like nose stuck or wat...then he will wake up crying (or catch breath-i not sure) when i carry him up right after awhile the 'pig' sound will go away then his breathing will be smooth and he will fall aslp again...is this sinus??

Princess,

thanks for the encouragement,keep telling myself that also ...he will grow out of this phase so just tahan and be positive as long as he healthy growing i lost abit more slp also nevermind...

Stella,

yap i read about slp through is 5hr stretch w/o waking....those bb slp 7 to 7 really slp like adult liao...

Back