(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Xin2: my boy at max wakes up once at night for feed if I give him dream feed to early. If not he will wake up ard 7+ am. Middle of the night feed he will auto go back to slp. He doesn't wake up to play. Touch wood.

Jac: ya hormone pills must take regularly. Wen I had spotting I had to get injections every week. Even w injections I still had bad spotting til I went to kkh n found out my placenta was low. Scared me half to death. Lucky everything turned out fine with e added meds.

Claudia

Good! Hope the replacement will be much much better!

Xin2

my baby will cry n wriggle at night but will not wake up. Will close his eyes from 8,9pm to morning.

No of times depends on his mood n whethee he wanta to poo/drink/ need to be burped.

Mummies,

I wanna ask whether any baby of yours sweat on his head even in aircon room?

My boy will n now that he has quite lots of hair he will sweat till can see water dripping to his forehead! But he only sweat on his hair. So weird??

Vivian, stella

I've been good and listening to doctor! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] He said that I can still go to work if I need to but it's home straight away if spotting gets worse or I feel bad cramps. Also taking the pills religiously every night. So sad to hear abt the twins.. Think whole lifetime also won't get over this sort of thing.

Zuen,

What u heard is true. It's actually mentioned in some bfing books. My friend also told me abt it.

Anyone went to the mothercare fair? I bought a few stuff earlier. Hard to resist the shopping. Also bought those neutral colored ones in case this little babe turns out to be a boy. Hee!!

Hubby and I also thot of names already. Boy = Jonavan, Girl = Jazeree! I'm secretly putting my money on Jazeree. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin,

Jadelyn also doesnt wake up for night feeds now. She can sleep from 9pm till 6.30am. If I don't wake her up, she can sleep even longer. Sometimes will hear her eh eh eh in the middle of the night trying to find her comfort spot but will always go back to sleep. Maybe kayden is going thru a growth spurt.

ann, my boy sweat a bit even in a/c room too! Esp when he slp on a pillow.

Jasc, u got spotting? Sorry i din read the early posts. Hope everything be good & well for u.

So fast know what names to give to your 2d bb le!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

insurance

I bot hosp plan, endownment & protection plan that cover medical, hfmd a bit, illnesses from AIA too.

Xin,

Isaac slept thru when he was 9 weeks old but started waking up once for night feed after that. Duno wat happened too. Now, he wakes up once almost every night. Sometimes twice! He will usu fall back to slp after I latch him.

Thx mummies on the insurance replies. The hfmd is something tat didnt occur to me when I was looking at the plans. Better double confirm with my agent.

mummies,

my bb just had his vaccine and is now running a fever of 38deg but he refuses to drink the fever med.

Any advice on what to do?

His fever whole day liao.

Night feeds

mummies who are latching at nite- how many time do you feed? Mine is like 3-4 times - suckling for comfort... How to eventually wean them off?

Hair loss

this topic over? Sorry, only pop by on and off

I have been losing my hair like in 'bundle'... Anyone e same? How to manage? Anything to apply or eat? I jus started applying hair tonic... Also tried doing Chinese herbal hair treatmt at saloon- both not yielding good results

my bb waking up twice for nite feeds. used to wake up only once coming to 6 mths yet bb is waking up more time now. why like tat?

Groovy,

The agent told me if i get a transfer maid, the salary is still $350 but if i get a new maid, i have to pay $400. After tmr, i will be maidless.

Ann,

My boy drinks 2 tins of Mamex gold per month and it cost $72.50 per tin, so expensive!! I have no idea why in the first place i give him mamex gold? recommended by pd.

I hope i do get a good maid!! Tmr have to send this abusive liar back! She is ill mannered too.

Claudia,

I really hope you'll get a good replacement maid.

I think it's good for you to try to get a better maid, since you're at home, you'll have time to train the maid and supervise her..

For my case, if I'm going to have a new maid, I'll need to take at least 1 week of leave to teach her. Huhuhu.. That's why I don't really want to right now :S.

Hopefully my maid won't make such a mistake anymore..

Ann

My boy drinks isomil 1 900g tin will last about 6 days $39.

Mel - For fever, better get it down soon. Need to go A&E. Learn from KK that for fever must sponge baby with tap water, use a small towel wet it and place on his head. Dont use ice water or ice pack. On way to A&E (if you going), continue to sponge.

Metta,

thank you. have been doing the towel thing on head the whole day. finally he finish the medicine that i mixed with water. Hopefully the fever will go down soon.

Mel,

Must take of yourself too. Taking care of baby when he is having fever is tiring.

INsurance:

I have not bought. I am thinking of GE and AIA. Can share how much is your plan?

Xin, Zuen,

Earlier at 6-7 week, Darius will fuss and cry before sleep at night. In the middle of time, he will cry too. Need to carry and rock and coax him to drink milk. Really drive me mad. cos i have to rock him for an hour before he can calm down. Recently he is better. I realise it's because he is teething. During bedtime, he will get cranking and start fussing. Now, he can sleep quite well.

I realise he is facing teething pain cos i saw him grabbing towel to bite and has this very in pain expression. I think just have to try finding why baby fusses and wakes up.

Shireen,

I think Isaac latches for comfort? He wakes up, I latch him n he fell aslp after sucking less than 10mins on one side lor.

Zuen:

I think kayden also wakes up out of habit lor. I latch him n he'll fall asleep very fast. How many times is issac waking up? Kayden wakes up every 2-3 hours lor. Very tiring. Last time used to be able to stretch abt 4 hours. Wonder if he's going thru growth spurt or something? Or milk supply not enough?

Jac:

4mths plus got growth spurt? I also not sure leh. Just so tiring to keep waking up lor.

Jadelyn just auto managed to sleep thru? When she eh eh eh at night do u pick her up or just leave her alone? Kayden will move n stretch n make some noise then we pick him up Liao. Usually his eyes will be semi open Liao leh. Once latch. His eyes will close lor.

So good for u that u can hv enough sleep then. I'm still hoping that he can sleep for longer stretch lor. Even spoke to hb abt feeding formula milk before putting him to sleep leh.

Before u gave formula milk, can jadelyn sleep thru already?

ann:

So ur baby also wakes up at night? Mine also depends on his mood leh. So unpredictable. Any time he can choose to wake up lor.

Xin2

His eyes are closed though he eh eh eh..

Every night i change his diapers at ard 2. Coz i need to pee too usually i just latch him then.

If my hubby is around, he will try carry him first, usually will settle down.

Dont worry so much, maybe kayden is teething?

He will soon sleep through when older.

I think motherhood is tiring n even if our kids have routine n all that, still we cant have peaceful sleep. Someday they can be sick or just crave for attention etc.

What gets me going is to remember n look for the good memories. Make me less tired when remembering my boy's smile. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bblin,

ur baby too?? I am not worried abt it at first but just yesterday my mum said it is weird for him to sweat till like that. My boy doesnt use pillow.

Answers on fm,

Thank u mummies on your feedback! Really appreciate it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia,

cannot change brand if u think it is expensive?

Starry

Take care okay! Interesting names [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Js family!!

Jazeree n Jonovan are unique names.

I went to mothercare sale, but only bought weaning things for my boy. Wanted so much to buy clothes but..... i realised he alrdy has many clothes till he is about 90cm maybe. Really thankful have lots of people giving clothes to him though i want to buy something for him too.

Mel

How is the fever now? Take care too n hope u have enough rest ..

Xin,

I don't pick her up when she makes noise. I just watch from a corner to ser if she goes back to sleep. Sometimes I see her waking up with eyes wide open. But once she sees that it's still dark, she will rub her face, rub eyes, eh eh a bit more then settle down to sleep again. Actually BM or FM shldnt affect sleep at night by now. When Jadelyn was on BM at night in the past, there were occasions she slept thru. I have a friend whose baby still wakes up for feed once a night even though at 6 or 7 mths old. He's on FM. Another church friend's baby slept thru when she was not yet 2mths! Fully breastfed. Some babies are just more ready to sleep thru out than others, so bear with them till they are ready to sleep thru. Take it as more opportunity to bond with kayden at night bah. When he's ready to sleep thru you may start missing those quiet bfing moments with him at night.

Ann,

Hubby and I want unique names for our kids so no confusion next time in school. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Many of our friends were also surprised when we picked Jadelyn for our girl 'cos very rarely heard of. Jazeree has a very arty farty element to it. Jonavan quite plain actually. Haha!!

Motherhood is tiring, but sooooo rewarding right? I'm looking forward to having this #2 very much! Will be tired as heck but no pain no gain mah. Haha!

Bblin,

Thanks! Minor spotting lah, gynae just concerned but I think not a big issue and now just guai guai listen to him and take things slow.

Mel,

Fever gone?? Can mix the fever meds in with milk? I tried syringe feeding Jadelyn that time she had mild fever and she only drank a little.. The rest spit out. I think the key is to place the syringe/dropper as near their throat as possible, not to point of gagging, but far enough that they don't taste the meds and just swallow down.

good morning mommies n daddy

Starry

Jazeree sounds good to me too!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] either one are nice!!

Vivian

Boderline???? Iyoo! How to take those workloads off?? Really must take care le!!

Claudia

Hip hip hooray!!!! Good for all !! I'm sure you can find a good one soon![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mel

Pls feed your bb the fever meds! Try to force the syringe into his mouth (side) he will clamp up if he refused !

Wait for him to wail... Ensure the syringe is at the back of his tongue before u inject the meds in! U have to inject maybe few times to ensure he swallow it otw if u shoot all at once he ll gag n ended up all will be spit out!

princess d,

that time i didn't know how to feed and end up that naughty girl spit out all of the meds! make a sticky, pink mess on her bib. think out of 1ml, she only took less than 25%. the next time, i smart liao. hahaha!

starry

Haa... My pd taught me tat! So It's always best if they cry .. Wahaaaa! Meghan quite stubborn too!! Last few months where I fed her the meds.. She knows! First she clamp up her lips then two days back where we were at the clinic for her rotavirus drink... She clsmpped up her lips!!! Then when too tired , her lips relaxes but her swollen gums w/o teeth are closed up!!! Terrible!! Even the pd laughed at her! So we waited for her to cry when I squeezed her tight then shoot the meds in few times!! Wahaaaa!! Notti notti!

princess d,

sounds so funny! poor meghan! gums swollen still forced to take meds. hope you sayang sayang her a lot right after that. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i think my MS getting more obvious and like worsened a bit le. very scared by 8th / 9th week i will start getting acquainted with the toilet bowl. urgh..

Xin,

Once a night but 2x on bad nights.

I dun think it is a case of not enuff milk lah, bcos they just latch n slp shortly, right? Sometimes, Isaac refused to even latch e other side lor.

starry

She had those cry w/ o tears type!! Lol

After that she Judy pretend to sob sob n smiling away !!

Arrghhhh!!! MS!!! U betta get your bovril ready ! I really hate this the most but unavoidable !! It's either mild one or totally uncontrollable ...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hug

princess d,

sounds like she will be a VERY manja kiddo next time! think she already started being manja already right?

re: MS

stock up on bovril at home le. going to get a bottle for work also. hope this 1st tri passes quickly and uneventfully.

Mel,

Hope ur baby gets better soon. Actually the nurses taught me the best way to feed med with syringe to inject the med at the side in the mouth. In this case, our babies cannot taste the med (away from the tongue) and so a much higher chance of them swallowing. Also, since its away from the tongue, its much harder for them to use the tongue reflex to vomit out the med.

Never feed them med when they are wailing, can cause choking or the med can backflow into the nasal passage. I have seen a few moms got chided off by nurses when using this method.

Starry,

Congrats, missed out this great news as have not following this thread for a while. Pls take care of yourself. U will be the most beautiful young mom with two lovely children. From what I read, you are a young and capable working mom. Not easy.

Both two new names are nice to the hears and unique too.

shortyncute

The nurses taught you that?So is that mean the method taught by my PD was wrong?

HOw do you administer the Meds or ensure if their gums are closed up even if the syringe is at the side of their mouth?

Im trying it out on myself now..And when i open up my mouth the water are all over my mouth!Isn't that more messy?

The back flow and choking will come \in only when the baby is sleeping flat.If they are elevated it will not be a problem...

The tongue relfexes only if the syringe are in the middle of their tongue and not the back of their tongue[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]and if you slowly inject the meds at the back of their tongue,they wont get choke .You cannot do that at one go..you have to do it slowly with few jabs..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

When they wail,there's where they open their mouth and no struggle or forcing syringe inside...

Some babies love med cos its sweet ..therefore anyway you put the syringe there arent much proble,...but those who loves to clamp their mouth out..this is the only way...

Same goes to incapacitated person or handicapped ppl where syringes are use to feed them meds.. we cannot feed them on the side cos it will it will flows back out or runs around their mouth....,just need to tilt their chin up and make sure the syringe is at the back of their tongue to ensure the fluids flows into the throat and not the side.like that they taste lil of the eds[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ann, sweat- my boy sweat alot also...i think since he 3rd mth onward. He drink milk sweat, play too much sweat, cry too hard sweat, slp in fan rm sweat, slp in aircon rm sweat(but lesser lah)...my mom tell me its normal as they grow older they will sweat like norm ppl...so i just keep a napkin by his side to wide his sweat off and also change his slp location once a while cos the bed sheet sometime wet through...

slp through- me joining the non-slp through team..haiz my boy also don slp through..wake up minimum 2x maximum 6-7x.....i already give up hoping he is a angle baby on this issue...just hope he will improve as he grow up...

starry

Meghan super manja la!Since birth i noticed that and i even told hb that this girl gonna manja her way through!sigh..wahahhahahh!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hmm....hope your bovril can help save the day ...this is one of the thing that keeping me away from getting preggy too!Other matter is weight gain,,[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But dont worry,you look good whe u had Jadelyn,this should be problem!I was huge ...and it was so depressing sometimes looking back...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Princess diamond,

My pd also teach me inject med at side wall of mouth, then use hand to press and hole bb cheek so that his lip will protrude up prevent him from pushing the med out using his tongue, then wait for him to swallow, if he don swallow pd say press his nose he sure swallow ....I do the first and sec step mostly he will finish the med liao...

Zuen:

I hope it's not a case of not enough milk so he's cOnstantly hungry n waking up. Same for kayden. Most of the time he'll only drink from 1 side then fall asleep. Don't even wan the other side. Mouth shut tight tight.

Jac:

Hope that u do not get bad MS. Do take care.

Well, to look at the brighter side is more bonding time lor. But tiring la. Every night 2-3 times leh.

So wen jadelyn makes noise u nvr pick her up har? Well, for kayden we will pick him up quickly n I'll latch him. We worry that if leave him be he'll end up being more awake n can't get bk to sleep leh.

shortyncute,

thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] despite the MS still enjoying the pregnancy. haha!

princess d,

i can imagine lor!! can even make coughing sounds to attract your attention at such young age liao. solid!! maybe you have a prodigy in the making leh? hee hee!

hey, i thought you looked very good when you were pregnant with meghan!! big lah, no doubt, but really radiant! anyway, you tbf her definitely slim down fast. you looked very slim already from the last time we met at marche. i'm also not looking forward to weight gain and thunder thighs but these are part and parcel of pregnancy lor. envy those girls who eat well, baby growing well yet still remain stick thin with big boobs. lol!

xin,

just had a halfhearted lunch. feeling the MS.. but tolerable. when jadelyn makes noise we let her be. she has to learn to self soothe although my hands were itching to pick her up! if we always pick them up whenever they make the slightest noise, they will nv learn to self soothe and go back to sleep. why not tonight don't pick kayden up when he makes noise? try patting him if he doesn't quiet down in like a minute or so. unless you are very sure that he is crying for milk, otherwise leave him be and allow him to adapt to returning to sleep by himself.

Princess,

Yes, the nurses at the pd clinics I am going to taught me as I asked them how best to feed my girl who is expert at spitting out med. They said not to use the older folks way of cry feed but do it via placing med side of the mouth, of course the same logic applies, ie not to feed the med all at once and as its quite common sensical that with such an influx of fluid all at once, the med will surely backflow. Do it in stages, three pushes of the syringe of 1ml. When there is a little but not an influx of liquid at the sides of the mouth, the baby's natural reaction is to swallow. When the baby starts to wail during feeding, nurses say to let them calm down first and resume when they are calmer. The nurses said babies nowadays are still not so smart to be able to push out med if by the side of the mouth and if by the side, natural reflex is to swallow. Maybe in a decade or two with more DHA added into milk and our diet, they might [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Huhh.even when the baby is elevated but wailing away, as she takes in air and pushes out air using the mouth when wailing, the med can get pushed into the nasal passage during the pushing out phase.

Actually the deeper on the tongue we place the syringe, the more the vomitting reflex is triggered. And the choking is not cause by the position of the syringe but cause by the crying and swallowing med at the same time. Risky. That is why when the baby is crying, try not to feed milk. Same logic.

When they wail, that is when they take in air and push out air forcefully with the mouth and by feeding med, its challenging luck in a way. Just a reminder for the moms here esp during these months of 5in1 and 6in1 jabs are like flowing non-stop

For handicapped ppl, feeding med is not quite a problem since they are grown up and not like our babies who will spit stuff out regardless...Hiaz.

Zebra,

Your pd is even more detailed than what the nurses told me. I did not know about holding the cheek step but the nurses did tell me about pinching the nose being even safer than cry feed. I learnt something new today. Thanks!

Starry,

In future, I hope my girl can be like you, marry young and have kids young. I think very far hor..hee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shortyncute

Thanks for the explanations...guess what i was taught and learned are all wrong!

I must really tell the PD OFF next time when i see him ...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AS for the handicapped i mentioned is those that don't even know how to swallow....That's why they need syringe feed...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

STARRY

Thanks le...but really being big is not fun at all hor!same here..envy those who can eat and drink as per normal and dun put on much!!!tsk tsk tsk *(melissa and snoopy) Really envy!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

actually i had the thought of gvg up tbf after 6mths because...............Im so lazy!wahahhahaha!!i realized my ss really not a good as before and the quality is not as great as before too!lol..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]see how la..also felt kinda guilty if i would to give it up so soon cos JAde has it longer...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princess Diamond,

No problem [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I am also learning new things every now and then fr u girls. Yeah, go tell your pd the new mtd u learnt and he might be impressed with u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shortencute

I just msg him that! I dare not tell home personally ! Lol

Cos overall he is still a Doctor n a specialist !!wait n see wat is his reply ! Think he ll slap me if he sees me nx!

When I studied first aid , I also didn't know that the method used a these while to handicapped n babies are all wrong !! Really n eye opening !![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah this thread is all about learning !

Ian, ¿por qué? ya que tendrá un fin de semana largo? vas a Universal Studios? De hecho, me odio multitud de fin de semana, pero últimamente comenzó a amar a los fines de semana debido a Jade tiene ninguna escuela y que puede salir todo el día!

amy> dudo que traerá xavier a los estudios universales .. probablemente sólo le permitió jugar en la playa artificial en el hotel Hard Rock

Ian

sí .. será pérdida de tiempo porque los paseos no son para él todavía! el tiempo medio que usted puede ahorrar el dinero para llevarlo a la de California! Supongo que va a disfrutar más:!)

Back