(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

hi zebra,

not many heavily pregnant woman lei, are u the tall slim lady with short hair..

i was wearing a brown army t-shirt, was there from 6pm - 7pm (outside the clinic waiting for my c-sect timing from 6.40pm onwards). yup, he do VE very fast but i get tense up.. my cervix no dilation at all from wk 37-40.. so i asked what's the likelihood for emer c-sect in my case, he told me 50%.. but he's not happy i opt for elective c-sect though..

u should try for natural birth, have been talking bb to break her waterbag. think she's too comfortable inside. haha!

Hello mummies,

Do you know if post natal massages will work if we only start them 2 mths after delivery?

I am currently overseas and they dont have any kind of post natal massage. I am now just wearing the blinder but tummy still look a few mths preg... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Also, any one using any baby carrier? Looking for recommendation on what type to get.

Vivian, same here! I also watch dramas when I pump BM. Haha.. Was catching Tvbs serials & House! I agree tht time pass veri fast when u got smething to do n pump at the same time.

By the way, I wana ask mummies is it okay tht baby hiccups before every meals? My girl cried before each feed n before we can get the milk ready, she was hiccuping away..

seabreeze

hahahhaha...your gynae damn funny ah!!wat fats??hahahahahha...pretty quick too huh your labour..can i asked whats the doc name that administered your epi?was it a lady?

Anyway,enjoy you dinner..thanks for sharing your brith story!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mel,

i should guess it can be rather late to do post natal after 2 mths..but can give it a try ..cont to put on the binder and girdle or corset u have!it helps

Hi Amber,

ya tats me...oh i think i see u outside eating dinner or wat..haha...i heard this doc pro natural birth, tats why wan u to try induce first..but if u think not comfortable then c-sect also ok lah as long as mom and bb healthy then can liao...

if can would like to for for natural birth but not decide by me lei...ohya i got ask doc who trigger the birth process,iszt my body or baby(cos i thinkg if baby then maybe need to spent more x talking to baby liao)..but he say until now medical advancement still cant find the ans...hahaa so leave it to fate lor...

Teoong,

My baby hiccups after each feed! haha I attribute it to drinkin too fast! Keep telling her, you gal le, must drink in a more ladylike manner no one fighting the milk with you!

Oh I missed the like to the video on the 'sshhh' manner. Can someone repost it?

early termination of CL svs:

do i need to pay her the full sum of S$2000 or can pro-rate? she's been with me for 16 days. left 12 more days

momotan,

mine will also leak when i latch baby on one side. but not so much that will soak thru the entire bra. a method i heard before is to use your inner arm (under the armpits) to apply pressure on the leaking side. i have tried that and the leaks stop after a couple of minutes.

wanna ask csect mummies. do you pass out blood clots? thought lochia for csect should be lesser but this morning i passed out one large blood clot and then a couple smaller ones (like 50cents coins) like an hour ago. should i be concerned?

my milk supply seems to be dropping. dunno what's wrong leh. and don't know if it was something i ate? my breasts now don't feel engorged and full anymore even when i go without pumping/latching for 4 hours. is that a sign of dropping supply?

diveera, apply and push it back in. It helps to shrink. Like the cool cool feeling. :p

vivian, I also watch stuff online while pumping. But realise I get too awake by the time I finish pumping! hard to fall back to sleep. hahahah And sometimes so engrossed that I forget to massage the breasts at the same time.

congrats Seabreeze! So it's 9 days earlier for your gal as well?

bibizai, should prorate...

Hihi,

Tried latching my baby the whole day but he is a slpy baby lor. Whole day only managed to latched right after delivery and 10 mins a while ago on one side. Then he refused to open his mouth like the rest of the time that I tried to latch him.

Ok for bb to not drink on day 1, right?

I already told the nurses that I want to try tbf liao. Hoho.

Empress7,

I think it is good that you give your gynae a call about your swollen leg. I heard fr my colleague that she was almost admitted to KK because her water retention dont go off. I cant remember what is the story but it is something like kidney "soak" in water for too long.Not good....

Btw, I am taking Fenugreek ( since day 3) and mother milk tea(for the past 2 days). Haiz.... Dont seem to have big influence to my milk flow. After taking mother milk tea, milk flow increase by only 5 - 10ml.

But i think massage before each pump helps. I have been trying to pump every 2.5 hr during day time. Then at night, pump every 3 - 4 hr.

Haiz... still low milk flow.

viv,

thx for sharing the info on A&E, as i saw most clinic dun operate 24hrs, really hav no clue where to go if baby sick, quite worried coz the CL already sick yesterday, fever somemore and never tell me! I noticed today becoz she cough badly.

Was looking forward for the post natal massage tomorrow but have to cancel liao coz i'm moving the baby cot back to my room and decided to be fully in charge of the baby till the CL recover. Massage nevermind, baby is priority!

momo,

how to clear mucus from baby nose? I peek inside, so small i also can't tell if really block, but can hear him breathing very loud, and drink milk need to stop for awhile to breath, at times he opened his mouth when feeding(to breath i guess) and the milk flow out. Btw, we on aircon for him 24 hours a day becoz weather too hot and these 2 days very hazy. Still debating on the question if to on aircon or not. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thx all for sharing on Fenugreek.

Seabreeze,

Super blur nurse.. LOL! I know how you feel coz i also crying for epi and the nurse tell me too late liao, i almost fainted. LOL! Congratz and enjoy your dinner!

Tinggy,

That sounded scary, then i shall call my gynae tomorrow, my CL also keep asking why my leg still swollen, but becoz i never step out of house, need not wear shoes so i dun find it too bothersome.

suwaiwai,

i think i've been walking too much that's why feet still swollen, coz 1st week after discharge i dun have CL so almost do everything ourselves. And now the CL sick so i'll have to take care of the baby myself.. But it's okie la i miss my baby alot.

Starry,

thks for the tips on stopping leakage.

shall try tnite. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: Lochia

i hv no had blood clots at all.

tdy is only the 10th day, my menses is getting v light le.

ZuEn,

the staff at tmc told me if we take epi during labor, baby will be v slpy for at least 3 days.

bb oso has reserves fr mummy's fats to last him for 2-3 days w/o feeding.

empress7,

i oso hv super swollen legs aft my c-sect.

i was told to drink red date water, drink liquids in small sips, wear socks & raise legs.

i oso did massage to rid water retention.

the swelling miraculously came down aft i did all the above.

Today I weigh myself and I lost 2.5 kg from last week! Dunno what happens, maybe the water retention on my thigh and buttock starts to be gone.. Hehehe..

But I tried my pre-pregnancy pants, still can't fit, but better than last week. - at least can pull until near buttock :p

Question on breastfeeding jaundice, is it very common? Baby Josie still looks a bit yellow, afraid this Saturday PIL will come again and forced us to go to doctor and check. Sigh..

I read in the internet it's common. As long as baby still gain weight, poo and pee regularly it's fine.

However, now I found out, baby Josie always spit/throw up after breastfeeding. And she will wail in pain like constipated also. Feel so heart pain seeing her like that.. Her anus area are so red now because of the passing motion..

Empress,

i oso on aircon 24hrs oso.. wondering if bb got flu bcos of tt loh..

u can clear bb mucus using the nasal aspirator. most baby pdt brands carry them.

I just wana rant here, keep seeing my CL pushing the pacifier to baby n even though baby reject she still push to her. I see liao, heartbreak!! Wah liew! Buay tahan lor, obviously can bb alr dun want she still push to her!! Grrr!!!!! So far this is the only thing tt I dun like, the rest of the things I'm ok wth it, only the pacifier cos baby keep crying.. Aiyo, I really dunno what is wrong wth baby.. Hope it's not colic!

Hi mummies,

my baby seems to have colic. As I read up on colic, my baby seems to have all the symptoms of colic. Face turn red when crying, clench fists, curl up his legs, kept crying when farts or poo. He became very fussy.

Is there any remedy? My mil rub onion oil on his tummy, elbow, leg, and back & she even bought gripe water, waiting to let baby drink a bit. My baby is 3 wks old now.

Really upset to see him crying & not knowing what's wrong with him. Hopefully he will regain his chubbly state soon.

Regards,

jieling

hello mummies!

jus finished pumping milk. so tired!!!

the air is v bad too... aiyo my boy seems to be breathing v hard n can hear a bit of wheezing sound. i think its the haze. dunno need to bring him go PD chk anot?

thx momo, i've been drinking red date tea, i also drink a pot of red bean soup as suggested by some mummies here, but feet still swollen, haven't wear any socks, u mean the special type of socks for swollen feet right? haven't raise my leg after delivery. i heard there's some med prescibed that will help pass out water as urine, then the swelling will gone, maybe shall chk with GP or gynae.

claudia,

how to know if baby have colic? my baby's tummy looks bloated, very round and big, but so far he only cry for 2 things - milk and change due to poo. Today he cry even after we fed him and his face turned red, we are not sure what to do so apply a bit of ru yi oil on our palm then cover on his tummy, he seems to like it. Don't know if he has colic but just let him shiok a bit. Friend suggest that we try gripe water too, and baby will sleep very well at night.. yet to try out.

Teong,

pacifier or not should be the mummy's decision right? Why she force her to use it. I try not to introduce it to baby worried next time difficult to quit le. Just like now after the baby being introduced the bottle feeding, he doesn't want to latch anymore. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I think better don't expose them to the things that u don't want them to use.

lilac! Same thing happened to my boy! Is he sleeping in aircon room? my boy sleep in aircon room 24 hrs a day, i wonder if the haze still get in, or is it the aircon.

empress7: we only on the aircon like maybe 2 hrs max each nite. i swaddle him in a cloth and on top of there i have a diaper cloth on him as a blankie. I think its the haze. cos his loud breathing n wheezing only started yest. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

as for swollen feet, hv u done any massage? i had water retention prior to the massage so fingers n feet was a bit swollen. after the massage, its better now. massage lady oso make me wear normal socks 24 hrs a day! i tried the red bean soup oso doesnt work on me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya i also tell hubby the same thing, cos in future I'm the one looking after bb! I will be the one weaning bb of such things.. I think will get hubby be the bad guy to cut the pacifier infront of the CL! I was really pissed! Just now i really wished that my CL leaves early lor.. another wk to go! so I endure and ask hubby be the bad person.

hi mummies, i have 2 brand new nursing bras from kiddy palace (38C) and another nursing tube bra (M size- white colour) to let go. Brand new just that I have washed it. Never even get to wear and now that cannot even latch on... I duno what use I have for them now... but its not those fancy fancy type lah.. cotton, beige colour and pull-down type.

Also have a tube of Medela nipple cream (Purelan) to let go. Used lightly since a week ago... have no use for it now...

Interested just PM me lor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ivy

i was also very reluctant to give the pacifier.. but it works.. and the baby auto will spit it out after a while leh.. esp when he sleeps.. and may not be difficult for every baby to wean off pacifier... but maybe u let ur CL know that if ur baby dun want then dun force lor! I told my CL if really cannot, baby keep crying then give. She say ok. Cos otherwise, when my baby cries, she will carry thru the night until he sleeps den put back into cot.. den he cry again, she carry again... WAH... like that next time I take care of him I DIE AH!!! hahahahah

Vivian

I read what u wrote abt BM/FM. It kinda touched my heart... reallly really true.. I esp liked the part when u said... not giving BM doesnt mean we dont love our baby... it really made me feel so much better cos im giving mine FM all the way now..

I hope my boy will still love us as much too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] cos this mummy here is definitely not the best mummy but I am still learning every day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seabreeze: Congrats!!!!

Shin: thanks for sharing the link. Q interesting. Perhaps I shall try on my boy one day :p

suwaiwai: hahaa my baby hiccups a lot too. sometimes so loud... hear liao also heartpain. when he is hungry he drinks really fast n sucks really hard. i oso tell him no one will snatch his milk, its all his... so drink slowly! lol

Vivian: watching drama n pumping milk is a good idea... multitask n u still get your ME ME time. ;) Usually i pump n read the forum or surf net at the same time. hehehehee

Lilacwhite

no problem! cos inititally when my baby cries i also feel like crying with him. but now i am more open to hearing his cries and trying ways to calm him down lor... this method and using pacifier and cuddling him... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Momo & shin -

since u guys are recovering fast from c sec wound. have u started your massage session? or when u intend to start?

breastfeeding -

today is my 3rd day of breast feeding. already feel the soreness n breast seems harder now. the bonding is incredible when bb latch on. so will bite the bullet n continue.

I can never massage or sqeeuze myself too hard. but when bb Kate suckle, I can bear with it. strange. Must be the motherly love.

i m recovering pretty fast n everything has been great n enjoying motherhood except some problems n comments from MIL.

pearlynn - which ward are u in? I m checkin out tmr. but since I m on tbf. am always awake so can drop by to say hi if u see this MSG in time ; ) cheers.

katemummy

Nope I hvent started my massage cos my gynae said to do it after 3 weeks... So I will listen to her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] lol

I wonder if it's still effective since the gap is 3 weeks? I m so eager to start the massage but worried abt the wound. haizz women " ai swee, mai Mia"

Lilac,

Haven't got chance to massage yet, supposedly tomolo but CL sick so I canx the appt Coz nid to take care of baby myself. Maybe next wk lo.. But tat would be 3rd wk since delivery dunno if still in time to tuck tummy.. I'm also having problem w blocked ducts besides swollen feet.

Latching baby now. He is finally awake enuff n not clampinghis mouth or using me as pacifier. I can start feeling my nipple gttg sore n wondering if I bf e right way.

Zuen -

can get the nurse to help u latch on n check if it's correct. pain n sore is for sure. yesterday night my bb suckle my right breast for 2hrs n left for 1hr! So sore today... baby doc said she used me as pacifier. but luckily for some reason it got better n I think now at day 4 I m starting to see either hindmilk or finally the flow of milk coming in.

Did u bring ur nipple cream? I been applying since day 1 and i find that it's helpful, since there's only colostrum producing for start. except when bb latch on, I dun dare to squeeze my breast or nipple too hard.

try to drink more fluid. I always drink a cup of hot Milo before bf.

Zuen:

U at tmc also? Which level? Me at level 3. Gonna discharged today if baby is ok.

Having difficulty passing urine after remove the cathether. But now quite ok. Really scared cos nurses say if can't urine properly, got to put bk the tube n cannot go hm.

Managed to latch baby on n already producing colosterum. But nipples got raw feeling.

Actually me n hb rather overwhelmed with so many responsibilities nw. Hopefully with CL will be better.

Empress7: nxt week massage think shld still b ok.

On good nights my bb wake up every 3 hrs for feed. On bad nights like tdy it's 2 hrs. Argh feed already he still dun wan sleep! Cuddle, give pacifier, eyes still big big like owl! I'm dead tirEd. Regret not getting CL! my mum helps me w confinement. Night time me n Hubby take care of d lil rascal ourselves!

Kate,

Maybe I will ask nurse to see later. I saw on breastfeeding videos that if latch correctly should have no pain but the video use full month babies to film n all noe how to open mouth big big de. My bub mouth so small n my nipple so big. Haha.

Xin,

I m at room 323b wor. Wru? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I can only go tomolo am. Can't wait to go home, dd waiting for me at home, but I m having a mini holiday now. No dd, minimal disruption from newborn. Lots of lying down n me-time but nothing much to do now lah. Hoho.

http://picasaweb.google.com/107435811188765719302/MummyBabyStuffs#

dear mtbs, sorry to disturb again. have added many BB clothings. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] all in gd cond cos only let my gal wear not more than 3times. lol.

i've alr delivered my gal & looking to clear the abv items. hope mtbs can find them of interest to u.

pls refer to abv link for related pics & descriptions. all items are described to the best of my knowledge. items u see in the provided link are all up for grabs (except for those that have been RESERVED), items once SOLD will be removed from the link.

if keen, pls SMS to 96495528 for fast deal. pls do NOT leave PM or postings in the forum as i'm unable to keep track of them. calls from unknown nos. will not be entertained.

here's wishing all mtbs a safe & happy pregnancy!

Zuen:

I'm in room 329. Haha. Same level. Urs 2 bedded? Were u at the talk yesterday?

Wa. U holiday? Haha. I overwhelmed n lack of sleep. U managed to pee?

I'm waiting for baby's jaundice result to see if can go hm today. Hopefully can go hm.

Zuen -

haha I m in 323A ! But in MAH la... Keke.

must make sure bb open mouth big. then squeeze nipple with areola into their mouth. everytime when the nurse push the bb to me for bf, they will assist me until bb is drinking before they go.

My problem is my breast too big seems to cover bb nose. now I must always make sure I press my breast down alittle so she can breathe.

Congrats Seabreeze.

Eh can someone ans my qns on when menses will come back after lochia stops?

Apple

everyone is different. Can b the very next month or few months dep if u bf or not... N even not here doesn't mean u r not ovulating. So if you don't want to get pregnant so fast, u must still take precaution!

My cousin got preg in 1st 3 mth cos she tot no menses.. My gf too...

re : massage

i asked my massage lady about massage for c section delivery and she said 4 weeks later can do.

for natural best to start within 1-2 weeks after delivery.

Hi, I was down on fever on tues night. See a gp and was asked to stop bf as gyn clinic is closed. Super sad and pour away the bm. Gp said the bm contain germs, hence not so good to feed baby and I was getting virus infection. I have been shuai shuai stay at home. Really puzzled how virus get to my house.

See the gyn yesterday, officially certified to continue bf but the supply dropped. Sob sob!

mummies

Type long msg n it disappeared while posting! 3x liao!! So keeping it short now.

PD came this morning n say bb's reading for the thyroid blood test is out of range. Need repeat test next week. Read fr internet tt 1st reading done bet 24hr is unrealiable n v rare. Cond is usually temporary n will out grow. PD said tt too but cant help but worry *sigh*

Princess Dia

The dr was dr Cheng or something. Totally dun like him! Super rough n damn kan cheong like that!! Anyway just my luck - blur nurse + kc dr = horrible delivery haha

Back