(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Good morning mommies! Seems like a slow night yesterday? Not much posts.. hehehe..

BBlin,

Should be ok lah. It's just that, at 3rd trimester you will feel a bit heavy and clumsy. But it really depends on yourself. If you have always been the rugged type, should be no problem. Like I have always been a brisk walker so walking around during 3rd tri is not a problem. Can also have faster and easier labour. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning All [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tiffy,

Hope yr gal gets well soon, hv u brought her to a doc? Yr bb is of a gd weight! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning mummies n Ian,

it's going to rain at my side. I'm still in bed. Hehe.. Lazing ard n refusing to wake up. Enjoying the remaining days of my holidays.

Re: pain

I also feeling a lot of aches everywhere. Backaches n also pain near the lower abdominal area. Liked some kind of strain. Lifting my legs up when wearin pants is so painful.  going for my checkup later at 5pm! Finally can see my little boy again.. Wonder how heavy is he now? Hope he will say hi to daddy n mummy.

Names for little one:

hv u all to of names for ur little one? Me n hb starting to think of names. But very funny cos my family all teachers so there are certain names we die die won't choose. Haha.. Cos remind us of all the naugthy students..

We thought of the name Kayden for our little boy. Wat do u all think? Nice anot?

starrymommy, you stayed in Pioneer area? Hee...its my workplace here.

I'm planning to go Taiwan, Taipei only.

Some colls said not conveienent to go at that period leh. I also hesitating now. Arghh!!!

Hi Pearlyn, ladies.

I prefer sleeping on my back too, so does my bb, cos she does not move and kick so much.. but i read that sleeping on the back is not that good in the 3rd trim.

yester I went for my pre-natal yoga class (last session, cos i find it too ex).. the trainer taught a sleeping position I thought is quite relaxed and helpful. you may need hubby's help for the first time to prop you with the bolsters and stuff..

1. lie on the side of your preference (not resting on your arm but on your shoulder blade, so maybe about an angle of 60-75 degrees

2. fold a towel and place it under the side of your tummy to give some support (fold according to your need of thickness and comfort)

3. place a pillow/bolster/cushion in between your legs

4. put a bolster behind your back to lean on (this step may need hubby's help)

you will find that you are able to rest your back on the bolster, as if you are lying on your back, but not exactly so. and there's support for tummy and legs that allows blood circulation.

hope you find this helpful...

xin2, Kayden is a very nice name. Very popular and becoming very common now though. My bestie's son also called Kayden too!

I'm still thinking of names for my son too! Seems very difficult to decide.

irene, that sounds like a very comfy position but means you can't switch sides throughout the night?

listening to Symphony 92.4 now... :p

Good Morning Mummies & Ian,

Glad to be back in Singapore, even with all the rain. At least it is not as hot!! I touched down Singapore early Saturday morning....got home around 3am. DD slept on the plane & woke up when we reached home & refused to sleep again. Thank God, hubby had plans to watch soccer & entertained her while I went to catch some much needed sleep. Was woken up around 4+am when DD & hubby came to bed. Then DD woke up around 10+am & woke me up too.....as I was still tired, I snoozed off & on until 1pm. Woke up for lunch. After lunch, meant to catch up on emails at the sofa, ended up snoozing until 5.30pm. I came back from the same time zone, but felt like I have Jet Lag!! After that, I went out for dinner & went to catch Toy Story 3. Only came back later to start unpacking my bags. As of now, I think I am 80% unpacked.

LilBluey, thanks for updating the list while I was away. Went through the list yesterday, think you have a double posting for Clueless.

Tiffy, hope your DD is feeling better. My DD woke me in the middle of the nite cos she had a nitemare & refused to go back to sleep!! After ding dong here & there, managed to get her back to sleep, only to be woken up by hubby's alarm later!! He set the alarm to wake himself up, but it didn't wake him, end up it woke me up instead!! Grrrrrrrrr....ended up I had to wake him to switch off his alarm......he carried on sleeping after that & his alarm rang a 2nd time, waking me up again!! I'm still feeling pretty ok now, but can foresee that come afternoon, I'll be zombiefied!!

Snoopy,

Welcome back! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Noted, will delete it off and post the new table shortly..

lilbluey,

nv bring her to see doc since still have cough mixture that was prescribe 2 weeks ago. weather is bad recently.

snoopy,

thanks. hahahaha today hb alarm is her DD who wake him up lor and can't get back to sleep anymore.

Have a cup of coffee to keep urself awake okie

Emmie...

I tried this position last night, after i fall asleep, in the middle of the night.. the additional pillows were out of position la... haa.. and it also tends to take up more space cos need extra pillow, so may eat into hubb's half of the bed.

anyway, I wake up about 3 times in the night to wee-wee, so i re-adjust it when nec...

perhaps you can start by trying it as a before-sleep position, when you lie down and relax... and see if it fits you..

Tiffy,

Hope she recovers soon, alot of pple falling sick tis days, you take care too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning ladies & Ian ....

Puke my breakfast this morning ... SIANZZZZZzzzzz hopefully later lunch and dinner will guai guai stay inside my stomach

Brought my #1 to watch Toy Story 3 yesterday ... he was super distracted by the 3D glasses hahaha but overall it was good =)

Snoopy ...

Welcome back!! Saw your photos of N in all her princess outfits =) rest well and we catch up soon

re: Car

With 2 or more kids, having a car is def convi and we changes our car 3yrs back and cost me $40k+ only heehee my hubby was talking abt changing to a 7 seater but now with this sky rocket price ... told him we can still wait lar ... squeeze abit lor

re: SIL

Same category as MIL ... never ending story hahaha in fact recently my MIL and SIL made some uncalled for remarks to my hubby re him, me and my family that they had a HUGE fight ... I was not around though. And my hubby was so hurt by what they said and I told him that as long as we know what we are doing and he knows what they say abt me is untrue ... then thats enough.

Of cos I will be more mindful and I hate to say this ... my SIL is 1 yr younger than me ... never attached before type ... so in a way her behaviour is becoming more and more sensitive and abit 'old maid' and my hubby said that my MIL is 'brain-washed' by her =p

Wahtever lar ... I do what I think is right and as long as I can answer to my conscious ... thats good enough.

bblin,

taipei! gosh, i miss that place, the food, shopping and cozy hotels! hey, july is very hot you know right? taiwanese colleague actually told me to avoid going taiwan during jul/aug period 'cos of the heat. but if you are taking it slow and easy, should be fine bah. just don't "shop till you drop"! just listen to your body and rest when you really have to. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] oh yes, i stay in Pioneer. super convenient 'cos of the MRT.

Hi Lilbluey,

Can you add me in the list?

EDD 23 Oct, deliver at TMC. This is my 2nd bb - boy again.

Thanks.

snoopy,

welcome back! i know how it feels to be in same time zone yet like jet lag! was the same after my honeymoon in taiwan. holidaying is more tiring than WORKING! haha!! :p but it is so shiok to look at all the wonderful stuff brought back from the trip, yah?

tigger,

according to most online pregnancy calendars, 27 weeks is considered 3rd trimester already.

Tigger,

Added you to the list and congrats on another Prince!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good morning ladies n Ian

wow! Long thread since yesterday!

I had my dinner at Chomp Chomp with HB last night! We had all spicy food from grilled sting Ray, kangkong, squids,carrot cakes, satays , chicken wings n more! The two of us looks like we ve just released from some suaku place where there's no food!

Yea, tts our fathers day dinner!While jade wanted to stay with my MIL So we put the plan away of having dinner in town! We took a stroll down to that smoky hawker... Nyum nyum!!!

What's the hot topic for today?

Me still waiting for a call from a gf! Supposed to meet het for lunch and think she is still in dreamland!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

irene, hee...maybe i shd try it now. feeling sleepy again... have a long list of things to do but still procastinating on getting started. wow u wake up 3 times to pee? I fear getting up to pee sometimes cos i usually have prob falling asleep again

Hi Lilbluey,

Thanks much. Is your no. 1 in childcare? If yes, is he coping well? I tot of sending my boy to childcare in oct/nov.

Hi mummies,

I have actually tot of the name for my gal..Janelle, Anxuan(chinese)...Initially was still discussing whether to name my gal Anxuan or Anqing. what do u ladies and daddy think???

Emmie,

i get up to pee 3 times at night too. if non working day, i can get up to pee 4-5 times.

graceshen: Anxuan is nice.

My Gal's name also end with Xuan. Either Yuxuan, Kexuan, EnXuan or TingXuan.

Which one do you all think is nice?

Tigger,

Nope, he's in the tender loving care of his gramps and a "spoilt little Emperor"! haha ;p~

U are intending to send yr No 1 to CC?

Grace,

I like Anxuan, it's nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Grace,

Janelle - nice name!

Due to world cup, many south africans named their BB girl FIFA!

Emmie & Lingo,

Same as me, i have to get up 3-4 times to pee at night even though i didnt drink much water.

Tiffy,

I agreed with you too. BTW, how old is she?

Lilbluey,

Now my mum is looking after him that's why he is also a little spoilt emperor. Think he needs some discipline (but he is not scare of us at all). Hence, sending him to CC may be a good idea.

Gals, anybody intend to hire a maid? Me tot of it but not sure if a transfer maid or new maid is better. Any advise?

yewee,

Tingxuan sounds like too...i will tell hb abt it see wat he think of it...

Lilbluey,

thanks...

really headache over names for my gal be it christian name or chinese name....

graceshen adn lilbluey: Thanks. All this 4 names came from diff person.

wahaha ... my hubby will b happy if he know some one said tingxuan is nice ...

I agree, till now i still cannot think of any christian name. My hubby only found one, Carisse.

yewee,

usually christian names have some meaning to it which the parents wish for their child to be/grow into. can go online and check out those baby naming websites for more choices.

emmie

haaa... Yea! A handful of them in fact! That's y can always meet up! Heeee....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tigger

think if you are looking for experienced maid, you should take those that is ex-sin/Saudi! Brand new maid w/o experience Can be a headache cos they might not your language n the other hand , you might be busy with newborn n got no time to teach her! I gave up on new maids! It's also luck!

Some transfer maid are not bad. You might need to look into her file y is she transfered?some got tranfered bcos of attitude or not willing to do certain task n complain too much work from employer... Those u csn forget about it! But dome got transfered bcos employer migrated or some good reasons.. You can consider ...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good morning all

Xin2,

Kayden is really a nice name. Very popular and common now like jaden, jayden etc. my girlfriend told me there are at least 4 or 5 jaden/jayden/kaden/kayden in the childcare including hers, end up the teacher has to call out to the student together with the surname! Initially i wanted to name my son Kayden but end up i decided to drop it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Grace, I like Anxuan too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starrymommy, Try to search online for 'Carisse' but cant find any thing.

TingXuan is from my hubby.

YuXuan is from my Daddy.

Enxuan is from my mother.

keXuan is from me.

Hehehe

Princess diamond

u had stingray? I love BBQ stingray, but have been avioding it since preggie. Was wondering if we could eat tat- was advised not to eat big fishes, high in e food chain, like shark, can't remember e other, due to high mercury content. Don't know if it applies to stingray- they seem quite big to me... Must have watched too much documentary... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Hi mummies... just pop in to say hi!! What is the topic of the moment?? oh names.. I do agree with starry on choosing Christian names. Usually parents choose the name cos of some meaning behind the name, like character of that person (ie Moses, Jacob) or Saint (ie Francis). Or names like Faith, Charis for what they stand for.

My Hb and I are planning to name our daughter Grace- so that she'll be filled with the grace of God and a blessing to people. But we having headache with chinese name cos our mandarin sucks!! hehe

Oh was planning to ask you gals for suggestions on baby shopping sites. hehe fingers getting itchy.

irish, xin,

kayden's nice and i really like the name jayden! and i think it gained such immense popularity 'cos of will smith's son, the boy who starred in Karate Kid! if i have boy for #2 also cannot call jayden liao, 'cos my baby girl's name is jadelyn (i call her "jad-e" for short). sure confusing next time.

Back