(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

haha pd0513 no larz.. just post and I will reply! LOL

yalo.. I haven eat and he wanted from me again!

I buey tahan, i gotta feed myself first.. so I let him mum mum all the way lor..

I no strength how to feed him.. LOL..

tommorrow marks JL 18months. Im so happy to have him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yah I know

He is ok to eat bread but cannot be so often lah. Last night he doesn't wan to eat rice and cheese hotdog.. in the end have to scold him but also no use.

Then give him plain bun and he is ok.

Cheese he tried and he doesn't like it.

He really depends on mood

snacks snacks can eat a bit...

really must scold one.. my boy scare of me only..

my mother feed him he spit out the food and I tell him no, he close his mouth back.. haha

hahaha...okok.. tot i 'kill' the thread.. hohoho...

my boy also will snatch food from us but luckily, he still eat brown rice n normal cereal.. brought him for his mmrv 2nd jab on mon night.. doc weighed him, only 10.4kg, ht 77cm.. but i think probably bcuz he's teething.. 2 upper molars and 2 upper canine(cuspid) coming together at the same time... but he still got appetite to eat n drink.. so im ok with his weight lah.. hehehe..

Hi susan, may I know whether the 2nd jab of MMRV cause the same effect as MMRV 1st jab? LIke those fever, fake measles, no appetite to eat, cranky etc etc...? I need to be prepared for my gal's jab next mth.

Lucky her 1st jab is ok. Only cranky and drink lesser milk for 1 few days. No fever at all.

Opps : hmm.. i din really ask the doc abt the effect for 2nd jab but so far, my boy seems ok, still can eat, drink n walk/run about.. no sign of fever yet..

that;s why it's impt not to feed from our plates. If want to give the same food, dish out and put in a separate bowl/plate for them. Otherwise, it gives them the impression they can eat when we eat and will take from our plates.

My boy also teething now, 2 upper and 2 lower. Gums very swollen but no sign of teeth yet. And he is cranky and kept putting fingers or stuff in his mouth. And not sleeping well. Haiz..

We doing his mmrv after cny. Keeping my fingers crossed...

my boy taking his last jab [5-in-1 booster] next mth, after that will be till he goes in to P1 le.. finally no more jabs!!

susan,

I also the bochap one... seeing him so skinny also heartpain, seeing him reject food, even heartpain, i think now he teething, milk don't want, porridge don't want, bread don't want, etc... so whatever he wants to eat I also give... as long as he eats...

seems like most progress to rice already.. mine still on blended porridge... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

einney, i give vit c (liquid form)

priscilla,

mine only 10.4kg as of 09.01.12.. n so far, he din reject any food nor milk but dont know where the food n milk has gone to since his weight is not that heavy, so now, i will just give abit of whatever we eat to him lor, other wise, he will keep making noise n pointing at our food...

einney,

i give vit c in tablet form and also scotts fish cod oil.. bought these n put it at his nanny's place, she will give him 1 tablet n 1 teaspoon each daily..

my boy is rejecting his solids for a week liao. Either he eats lunch or dinner. One meal definitely will throw away or eat half only. It could be teething cos he is putting both his index fingers in his mouth.

But he is still putting on weight. Already 11.1kg last week. He wants milk more than solid now.

Buy drinking water if can be found. You going bkk? They have drinking water. The reason you can't give pure distilled water cos it leaches the minerals in your body as they readily dissolves in distilled water. you can't give mineral water either cos their kidneys may not take it.

So buy mineral water and add half to distilled water. This is what i did in hk.

And, not sure if you want to bring your own kettle cos some hotel kettles are pretty dirty to use.

white_lady,

what i did in phuket is to get more bottled drinking water from the hotel and boiled. For his drinking water, I checked in two litres of boiled filtered water from SG in my luggage for a 5 days trip. I also filled up the thermal flask and all the milk bottles and water bottle with SG water. Its just nice for him to consume all. Only the hot water is from the hotel.

You may want to bring your own travel kettle. From my past experience in Penang and Phuket, the kettles are pretty new, maybe the hotels i stayed in are quite good ones.

Thank bacaholic and rachel .

I m going to bring own kettle . And intend to bring water from spore . I went for 2 Genting trip , I brought 5 bottle of 1.5l water from spore . We drove up so was ok . Now my concern for taking plane is that , we plan to check in 7 bottle of 1.5l tap water from spore then go there boil . And buy distilled water to wash the bottle . And let my #1 brush teeth with spore tap water too .... Cos i really scare bkk water . But read some in the forum that the water in the luggage might leak due to pressure ? So now stress lor .....

white_lady,

just don't fill the water up to the brim for check-in. No issue for mine.I brought ready to drink boiled water. Didn't even boil the SG water there.

As for washing bottle, I use their tap water then boil the tap water and sterilise by filling the bottles, caps and teats to the brim with piping hot water.

Are you gonna stay there for very long? 7 bottles of 1.5L is alot! That will take up alot of your luggage weight. Your #1 can't drink bottled drinking water or mineral water? My friends' two yo kids just drink the hotel bottled water and also pure drinking water from supermarket or other juices.

I'm not sure of the situation in bkk now, but during my phuket trip, the bottled water in the super market are snapped up real fast due to the flood. So at least 1.5 days supply of water for your #1, you shd be able to get pure drinking water after that.

Rachel ,

thanks for your info , i will not fill up my water then .... is 7 bottle alot ? haha ... then maybe i bring 5 ... i prepare an empty luggage just for the water ... and also to check , when we are back from thailand airport , we are also not allow to bring water up the plane ?

Cos from spore airport , i intend to hand carry 2 baby milk bottle with water fill 6oz . and a hot water flask fill full . and a water bottle for my #1 ... u think can ? i also intend to do the same when back ... wonder possible

white_lady

For SG airport, I brought 4 milk bottles, one flask and one water bottle, all filled up with water. I have a separate bag for these bottles alone. So far no problem. The customs officer even told her colleague who was looking at the xray screen, its milk bottles for baby. No question asked.

For BKK airport, I only brought the hot flask half filled, one milk bottle and one water bottle. It's only 2 hours flight plus waiting time, my boy won't drink two feeds of milk. Some more we had lunch in the airport and we fed him snacks as well. So one milk bottle for him was sufficient. It's up to you, I'm sure even if you bring in two bottles, there won't be any issue.

thank Rachel ... i will put all the baby item in a baby bag , guess no problem ... do we have to tell them that there are water inside ? my little girl is such a monster ... stress to bring her to plane ... haha ....

White lady,

I think you don't have to give pure sg water throughout the trip. Slowly dilute out sg water with the local bottled water. For example, day one will be pure sg water and next day 2/3, followed by half and 1/3 depending on the length of your stay. That's what I did during my trip in Penang when my ger is 13 mths old.

This way, you no need to bring too much sg water.

White lady,

No need to inform them about food and water. I just put water in the diaper bag, and food jars in the cabin bag went through. No questions asked.

But for water, i only carry a bottle of drinking water (~600ml)in the bag.

white_lady,

i did mention to the customs officer these are milk bottles when i put the bag up on the conveyer belt. They didn't request to open the bag.

Xuan

Penang water is much cleaner, I let my boy (10month old) drink the boiled water from the tap (hot water to mix with SG water).

I tried drinking penang boiled water myself and find the taste totally fine, so decided to let him drink some, since only 20ml for each milk feed is hot water.

Anyone can recommend their gynea??

Mine resigned already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sheric, u hav good news? #2 coming? U wan gynea from KKH? My gynea in KKH not so good so can't recomend to you. Sorry.

Sheric,

Mine is Dr Adrian Woodworth.

He have a branch at Sengkang & CCK (i think)

He is good, but very busy & long Q, so some people might not like it. U can check out some threads in SMH about him

Gynae did recommend another kkh gynae for me. But recently, i saw many negatives at kkh. So considering for other option nOw.

Ah nah, my gynae is from kkh, gg to glen'E in march.

Hubby finds glenE inconvenient n parking also got problem.

It is true Gleneagle parking is an issue that's why I always make our appt early in the morning like 8am so that easy to park.

But gynae is good and not cheap

Sheric: not ready for #2 yet.. Haha! Est when due? Nobody help me look aft leh..

Gen is terrible 2 now..

Last time u seeing which gyane?

Haven't see gynae yet. 1st appt, goh shen li at kkh.

My estimate edd is end aug or early sep.

Last time, i seeing arthur tseng.

Renee also terrible 2 now. Gg to send her to child care in march. Hope she can adopt the environment.

Heard goh Shen li not bad! Last time am seeing Irene Chua..

Oh then ur mum will help u look aft #2? U gt a nice gap 2yr diff..

Some bb took awhile to adapt? While somes very fast. Depends on the baby.

U have one dragon n tiger baby.. Hee..

Thinking of bf.. I'm so scared..

Back