(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

jascmy

maybe for a few days, u need to change the diaper more frequently. One hour to 1.5 hourly. Tell the teachers not to use baby wipes, use water or cotton soaked with water. At home, no diaper for 10min after u wash his butt. I did that and my boy's nappy rash in control just one day. Also, use the purple desitin. My PD gave me a thumbs up when he heard what i did and he can smell the purple desitin hahaha.. fishy smell. By the time i brought him to the PD, his nappy rash alre fading away.

cheese, try apply teething gel on their gum n pacifier.. when my boy was teething n keep crying at night even with his pacifier in his mouth, i removed his pacifier, applied the gel on his gum, he will struggled, so have to be quick in applying, then applied n rubbed the gel on the pacifier also, put back in his mouth, after awhile, he calmed down n doze off slowly le.. but of cuz, u will need to carry him n pat him to sleep for awhile before putting him back to the cot or bed.

n_g, did you change your girl even in the mid of the nite? I can't ctrl in the day time cos he in ifc. Teacher told us they will wash their butts everytime they poo poo. Not sure true or not. Will try what you mention in the evenings. For nite time quite difficult leh. Unless he wake up and stand up to cry. Will bring him see doc 1st tonite. Heartpain leh.

Rachel, I very worried if no diaper for 10mins he will pee everywhere leh.

Baka, rachel, ya loh, hav to ask teachers to change more often and bring cotton balls for them to use liao. Next week he will be in my MIL's hse. Hope she can help to solve this problem. Hav to ask her to change diaper more often too. So worried abt my boy in my MIL hse. Wait I come back he change pattern again. His sleeping pattern aldy change since he fall sick last mth.

Last change of diaper right before we sleep (ard 11pm - 12 midnight) n change again right after she wake up (ard 5-6am).

Jascmy,

did you just open a new pack of diaper? The last time when my boy had rashes from the new huggies ultra, i pass the remaining diapers to someone and her son also got rashes,even though he was using it fine. He got better after using back his own huggies diapers. So, somethign was wrong with that particular pack of diapers and i bought from ntuc, not those funny shops.

baka, ya, some pack really got problem. Last time I also have 3 packs of Drypers newborn from a hamper, it leaks seriously. The one I bought myself is ok leh. Yup, I jus open one new pack of Pet Pet for nite use. Maybe its the cause. I go back open another pack to try.

n_g, my boy will change at 9.30pm and go to sleep till he wake up at 6am. Tis few days he wake up at 6.30am. Cos I'm sick and hubby leh me sleep a few mins more. Hmm... 30mins make a difference? On weekends he can wake up at 7 /8/9am leh. No problem leh.

baka, OG orchard has pediped also.

mine the feet quite meaty and i tried See Kai Run and its wider than cutting of pediped. See Kai Run's leather is also softer. but i think pediped grip n go soles is more flexible than the See Kai Run's soles.

or maybe you wan to consider stride rite? heard some say stride rite the cutting is also wider for kids with meaty feet

RE: the video of the small girl.. i see until i cry... omg.. those people are sooooooooo heartless... esp. when the mum picked her up and she was like a jelly .. the body was like 'flopping'...those ppl should burn in hell...

i wanted covered shoes so pediped seems softer than skr. we tried skr yday at mothercare but my boy's feet got problem going into the covered shoes.

I have seen stride rite online but need to physically feel it to guage. We went to see clarks too which was highly recommended but i fnid the sole too hard though the fit was great, it's wide enough.

jascmy

he may pee but wont pee everywhere la. Usu they will look at themselves pee-ing hahaha. When finish then will move. So just let him pee lor, then carry him away when finish and wipe the floor. That time i did it for my boy for 2 days, he didn't pee when he is not wearing diaper. But there's one time after bath he peed before we put on his diapers haha. It's a bit inconvenient but for the good of his butt, still have to do it.

Morning all, yesterday the news say that little gal is still alive leh. Hmm.. so is she dead or still alive? If still alive I tot of going to visit her when I'm in Guangzhou. Will get more details from my relatives when I'm there.

Ah yo, while looking for more details on the hospital and address of the little girl, I saw the pictures again and my heart sink and tears drop! I don want to see liao. Will ask my relatives when I'm there next week instead. I hope I have a chance to visit her. My tears still dropping till now.

Just finished reading the thread..

Haha Bakaholic, that 'someone' is me haha. Ya I used the ones that you pass to me, my boy kena rashes too. But all along no problem with huggies ultra. So i switch back to my own diapers. Until now I buy my own ultra also no problem. Ur that pack must be contaiminated.

Morning mummies.

Headache oh, try to wean my girl off EBM by add 1 scoop milk powder in EBM, tat girl huh, take 1 sip n throw milk bottle away. After few try now eventhough din add milk powder she oso dun like to drink milk liao. From usual 200ml per feed now become less than 100ml. (T_T) Super Sianz...

Baka,

Try Friso, pediasure, isomail, gain iq, all same, after 1 sip throw away bottle. All milk powder end up in my elder son's stomach. :p

oh no.. that's alot of brands you tried. You bought step 3 ones?

Do you want to try step 1 first? Or you call the milk companies hotline to ask for samples? Step 3 are sweeter and stronger in taste.

I try both stage 2 & 3 leh. My mom warn us better stop trying now cos my girl now dun really even wan pure EBM liao. Total opp my son. Every brand n flavor is ok for my son. All sample end up become my son's milk. Sound like milk dustbin collector oh.

rachel,

for the laughing cow cheese cube, which one shld i buy ? i saw 2 versions in supermarket leh..can tag me with a pic?

Cheese bot laughing cow cheese!haha mead johnsOn cOnsulant recommend laughing cow cheese n I bot those cube blue color cubes.u might wanna try small ones in case he dun like to eat...

Hi there,

I have a preloved carseat maxi cosi priori XP, it is fr bb from 9 mths to 4 yrs old. bought it abt a yr ago this is a spare carseat in my fil's car but he seldom let me boy sit on it. Now it is placed in my spare room. I bought it from taka at $349, now selling at $200. Pls pm me if interested.

New, unopened Happy Baby Organice Puffs and Melts. Bought last month from iherb and baby outgrow .. Self collection at bukit panjang or buyer to pay for postage please

Puffs

Expiry date: February 2013

S$5.50 per bottle (exclude postage)

- Apple x 5 bottles

- Banana x 8 bottles

- Strawberry x 8 bottles

- Sweet Potatoes x 6 bottles

Melts

Expiry date: February 2013

- Banana Mango $4.60

Please PM me if interested. Thank you.

Screaming

I think u all discussed bout this topic before, but I Wana side track abit. My boy now likes to scream for watever things he dislike ..at home like that, outside also like that. Scream until everyone can look at us. No matter how many times I teach him not to scream, he doesn't bother. I bet he listens at this age. How to 'fix' this problem?

Morning all, I'm back. Enjoyed my trip. Lucky nvr bring my boy along cos we walk a lot during the trip and I shop till I drop in GZ. Hehee...

My boy recovered from his running nose, cough and rashes both on mouth and buttock within a week. He has been rashes, coughing and running nose for months leh. Thats the wonders of having someone taking care of him at home then to go ifc. Haiz, but no choice leh, he went back to ifc today liao. Hope he stay healthy from now onwards.

sunflower

my boy has been through that stage... but only scream at home. Now he talk loudly.. tell him also no use one. Maybe ur boy is going to blabble more. Cos my boy now talk his funny language.. some we can make out words, some cannot hahah

The past few days i stop giving him pacifier too. He is ok with it le.. but today went to school saw other infants with pacifier, he cried hahaha... how har?

Rachel, I think most of the infants in ifc are down wif running nose and cough so not easy to recover with all the germs continue to fly around in sch. As for rashes, I suspect is teachers nvr change diaper immediately after he poo and nvr clean mouth after meals.

My PIL taking care of him during the period. If they are to continue means I hav to let him stay with them and bring home on weekends. My PIL stay very far from me. I don wan that, cos I will missed him very much. And last time my PIL refused to help.

Btw, my boy will be staying with them after my #2 born . He will still go childcare in day time cos my PIL say they can't handle my boy for so long. One week is ok for them but not for years. I hav to spend more time with my boy now. Very sher bu de leh.

Hi all, do you have any recommendations for part-time maids for Teck Whye area? I'm looking for one for my parents.

Back