(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Sunflower, hubby say can so I do loh. Follow his instructions. Hehee....

I still hav some stage 3 samples not use yet. Cos I tot of saving it for my HK trip this end OCT. Seems like I can't bring my boy for the trip liao. My hubby's whole family keep thinking China and HK very dangerous, lots of kidnap cases. FIL even dream of my boy gone missing in HK. Haiz...

Anyway, now hav to try your method since not going for trip. Btw, I only hav 3 sachets, can see result from jus 3 sachets? Cannot rite.

jascmy,

huh wat method?

rachel,

is it? i only want the standard version..tell ur maid if she spoils, u gota deduct pay haha

sunflower, your method of if any problem with the current FM, give the sample of other brand of FM for my boy to try 1st before we buy that brand loh. Don knw if 3 sachets of 1 brand of FM can see if its suitable.

sunflower

is the standard one good enough? The description says its for fish. If wanna cook chicken meat/steak, duno if its too shallow.

jascmy,

oic..haha

rachel,

not sure about whole chicken, but if put in breast, wings or steak shld be ok if not too thick.. 55mm is abit shallow lar..hmm,maybe i shld also consider deeper version

Anyone knws any affordable nursing home? How much will it be?? I'm looking for one urgently. Try searching and seems like the cost of it is enough to hire a maid instead.

Rachel, if hiring a maid, we worry that there will be communication problems. The maid can't speak chinese and my mum can't hear. Headache! Also worry abt those maid problems. Then the 2 old folks can't handle.

jascmy

whichever decision you make, there is bound to have some risks. You must be willing to accept the risks if the benefits outweigh the risks or the cons.

I think communication will be a problem initially but after a while, they will find means to understand each other. If you send her to nursing home, there's also other risks.

Do you not remember someone caught the nurses in nursing homes abusing the elderly? In both cases, it all depends on your folks' luck.

My husband's grandmother had maids taking care of her since she was 80. All the maids can speak dialect after a while and they treated grandma with respect and took good care of her. She passed away when she was 92 yo. For her case, she lived with the maid alone, she could speak only teochew and she couldn't hear properly and was even immobile at the later stage of her life.

There was a period when we sent her to a nursing home for 2 weeks when the maid went back to her home town before she renewed her contract. These two weeks was very bad for grandma. She had very dry skin but the nurses did not apply lotion for her. She was itchy all over and scratched till she bled everywhere. The maid also suspected the nurses did not brush her teeth nor bathed her regularly. Overall, she suffered in the nursing home. I wouldn't want to name the nursing home here. This is just to share with you that either way, there will be problems. Worry too much also no use unless you take care of her yourself. This is also the dilemma some of us face when we put our kids in IFC.

mine tried chocolate milk already but not the chocolate as in those cadburry chocolate type yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So they can eat chocolate alre?

My boy doesn't like pediasure. Gave him vanilla ready to drink bottle but he finds the taste too strong and possibly too sweet.

Anyone's toddler playing imaginary food? Mine pretend to hold something btw the thumb and index finger (pincher grasp) and put it into his mouth. He may also "feed" us as well..

I tried hold out my palm like there is food on it and he does the same thing. It's cute to watch but not sure if it's a bad thing to let it continue.

baka, my boy also like to take a spoon and go around feeding us and himself. I think shld be ok. They are jus trying to do what we are doing.

baka,

my gal love to cook and then feed herself. sometimes she even feed me. should be fine as we used to be like this when young.

rachel,

i give my boy belgium choc ice cream haha.. not alot lar..total maybe one tablespoon. then give water after that..

Sunflower

U r really brave! I only dare to give him sherbet. Milk ice cream I dare not. But yesterday I gave him durian mochi. I dig out the durian filling for him. But the durian got mixed with cream, also gave him a teaspoon only. Hopefully he won't LS. If nt daddy is not going to be happy haha.

i never give ice cream at all. Havne't occur to me to give yet. Haha..

Anyway, his classmates is mostly down with stomach flu so i better play safe and not be adventurous at the moment.

Bak

I think it's ok. They are at the stage of mimicking us. Very adorable. This morning I asked him did the teacher said he is cute wearing the babygap pajamas and he shook his head, I said "no? You are not cute?" and he shook his head again. then I taught him to say yes by nodding and he imitate and tilt his head and stayed there haha. So funny. He did it several times when I asked him to.

rachel,

y leh.. give ice cream ok ma.. haha i think i give alot things liao. aiya my hb even worse, everything he eats, he makes sure L also get to eat. he says he very kelian cant eat our nice good..all the unhealthy food haha.

sunflower: hi5, i give gen ice cream too.. whahaha.. she want it and tell me she wan mum mum.. hahaha..

i not very strict of her diet liao..even in sch, she ate chee cheong fun with sauce...

Hahahah... hubby n i also gave ice cream to seth too... even right after his cereal meal, he will still want our dinner when we eat.. i also never restrict his food intake... as long as it's not too much, i guess it shd be fine..

I feel so bad now. Just found out my boy bit a 8 mo girl in IFC. Her face got two patches of red bruises. So far only my boy has so many teeth and his molars are growing and his gums are itchy. Feeling very upset now. think the IFC people all V scared of him now. Duno if I shd keep him at home for a few months till he go childcare. Sigh. Feel so bad for the girl's mum too.

wah he so violent ar..2 patches somemore..he under pain is it? at hm got hit anyone? maybe need to find out what triggers the action..

Rach,

My boy was bitten by younger gal previously. And we were still telling the teachers to be wary of him biting ppl in the morning and afternoon he got bitten.

We know who did it cos one of the teachers let slip the identity but we just let it be. I wonder if the child's parents were told at all cos they didn't even bother to say anything to us.

And the school didnt' even tell us until i ask his main caregiver about the 2 little red lines on his arm and she was shocked that the afternoon teachers did not notify us.

So, i suggest you leave as it is and discipline him at home. It's just a phrase and will pass quickly. Some parents get very defensive over thier child and may get aggressive.

I feel bad cos if I'm the girl's parents I will also be v upset. My boy has started biting more few weeks back cos of his molars. Yesterday when I applied the teething gel for him he also bit my finger. I can feel the molars. Very big and rough. I guess he is being isolated in the centre too.

At home, we will remind him not to bite and he will stop. But those infants duno how to tell him mah. It's also the teachers oversight for not separating the mobile and immobile side. And also didnt notice the two of them. That poor girl. My boy is quite strong leh.

Sunflower

At home he doesn't hit us. May be ard 9 mo he did beat us but not fighting kind. He just want to sayang his daddy but end up slapping him when he got excited.

The teacher suspected the two wanted the same toy. That's why my boy bit the girl. I also duno. At Gymboree when 7 of them chose toys from the box, even other kids took the toy from his hand, as long as I told him it's ok and take another toy he is fine one leh.

Bak

The centre hasn't informed me officially. I knew the teacher so she told me and showed me the pics of the little girl. And the incident was two weeks back. Coincidentally, its the same week he was pooping 6 times a day. Somemore that week he only went to school two half days. 9am to 1pm.

If he continues to bite other children and has to be isolated, then my hubby prefer to let him stay home cos he is afraid this may affect his self esteem.

Rachel - this is just one time incident?

I do believe that your boy do not do it on purpose one.

Since you say he got many teeth popping out and this shows his discomfort

and tend to bite the little ger? (just nice the girl was near him when he need something to bite)

This is just my experience as JL had just bitten me yesterday and I think he dun did in on purpose.

thereafter he bite his own teeth real hard.

Do you wanna talk to the teaches and find out more?

But I do agree on your portion if they wanna isolate him alone, this is really unfair as bb will

tend to become low morale and then be playing on their own only..

Cheese

This is the first time. I also believe my boy didn't mean it but can also understand the teachers got responsibilities for other kids. They should watch the kids closely in the first place. Cos there may be other accidents if kids are left alone. Somemore the kids are learning how to walk, they may stumble and fall onto the younger immobile infants. That time when my boy still at flipping stage, I seen some teachers allow those crawlers and cruisers to play at the infant playmat. I was thinking how come teachers not afraid the toddlers fell on the infants.

Yes I agree what you mention. Teachers should keep a lookout of such cases from happening again.

But I think at IFC, one teacher will take care all sort of age group, like one bb, one bigger one that know how to crawl only, and the other one know how to walk.

If this is the first time and you would like your boy to go and interact with

the rest of the babies, just ask teacher to monitor and see how it goes? They might have overlooked and this incident just happen.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Cheese

Ya lor. I sent him there to learn stuff, make friends and exposure. Hubby also said he wanted my boy to go interact and socialize, so if he is going to be isolated then better let him stay at home. I'm in a dilemma cos the teacher I'm in contact with is also leaving the centre. I probably won't get much info from the rest of the teachers as I dun hv their personal contacts. So even if he continues to be isolated I also won't know. The many advantages that the school provide will only benefit if the child participates. I also duno cos I won't know the exact situation in the IFC now. So probably I hv to speak to the teacher again to get more details.

Whatever it is, going to pick my boy now. Bring him go shopping first. Later then discuss with hubby again. Today on leave and time flies when u r nt at work.

Rachel, yap.

have a good discussion with your hubby since this is only the first time and might not

be as serious as you thought?

I had a hard time when JL withdraw out from IFC as that time no one take care of him..

Till date even if he got my MIL.. i scare he dun learn as much because he cant learn from his peers..

but come to think of it, he can get to learn when he is older...

and i make sure he dun become unsocial when he play with the rest..

that goes when we went out for gatherings, outing etc. he still get to meet other ppl.

Rach,

You can enrol in CC when he hits 18mths, if you feel that you are not comfortable with the curent situation. anyway, it's only a few mths away. Frankly speaking, they learn very fast so it's ok if they start socializing early or late but if the child is naturally shy, will take a longer time to get used to it but they will adapt eventually.

They shouldn't isolate any babies unless they are ill. They should keep an extra eye on them. Previoulsy, when my boy do not sleep enough and started staggering and fall when he walks, i saw them confine him to a rocker in a corner. I was upset but did not kick up a fuss but i did tell his caregiver and she was appalled by their act. And i think she did tell them not to do it and subsequently, when we meet up with the principal, we did highlight the issue of him not getting enough sleep and needed more attention to get him to sleep so that he doesn't fall and hurt himself. And putting on a rocker did not help. So, i think the principal did say something to them and the situation has improved.

Having personal contact with the main caregiver is not the usual practice in some ifc. We alway try to catch up my boy's status in the mornings and evenings when we send/fetch him. And i do not wish to impose the teacher after school cos we all need our personal time.

Is there any caregiver which you think it's suitable replacement? Maybe can request before they assign.

Bak

Indeed having personal contact in IFC is nt the usual practise. It just happened that I met one and she is helpful and friendly. So she updated me on what's going on and took videos n pics of my boy to send to me. Just so happen that we click well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ur boy alre quite big when he joined IFC, they shouldn't put him on rocker. It's dangerous. How did u find out he is on rocker?

I saw him strapped to it when i was going to pick him up. They did give him a toy and play music for him but just not nice to put him in a corner.

They usu put babies/toddler on rocker when drinking milk. This is fine for me as he gets to learn to hold his own bottle and it's just a while and he gets off to roam once he finish.

It;s not dangerous as it's stationary and do not rock. And it's the Inglesina brand, looks comfy.

Cheese

My hubby wants to understand more of the situation before making a decision. We hv the option of leaving him in maid's care for 3 months till he go CCC nx year. Maybe my boy is quite a handful in the IFC. When I was there for the first 3 days, I noticed he is the most active and moved around the IFC alot. Now he is also the only walking toddler at the IFC with the most teeth and most strength. The rest at most only 2 teeth. He is also the tallest and possibly the oldest.

Was reading abt biting in babycenter and realized that the caregivers are not v well experience in handling the situations. Possibly most bitings happen in CCC cos the article is focusing on 2 yo.

Bak

My IFC babies drink milk on their mattresses. Rocker to me is dangerous cos the kid may struggle to get out and topple. But if an adult is with the kid then it's ok. I hv a glider that can take babies up to 11kg. But realize my boy knows how to pull himself up and turn his body to get out of it when he is 8mo. That's when he started pulling himself up to stand.

For both the IFCs that I went to, there are waiting areas to picked up children. So can't see what's going on in IFC.

Sunflower,

It takes a while to sink in the idea. I was so worried when my boy started in ifc. I wish i can just quit my job and take care of him myself. But well, it's slowly working out for us and i am glad we took the 1st step.

It's a matter of time to send him to school so it's just when.. good for mummies like me who micro-managed everything and tire myself out. I leant to let go some things..

I think i will go Mad if my boy is strapped! Or confined to a corner .. Haha .. Ya I understand he has to go sch one day.. So the max I can limit myself is half day programme, that's why I prefer to send him to PG and then Pre nursery. I hear so many stories from ccc which I am 100% reluctant to send him over ..

Back