(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

esther,

hahah.. i wont mind to let him learn to fall n stand up on his own... but sometimes, not enough energy to after him, especially once he can walk or run stably on his own, so tot of getting it.. but who knows by then once they know how to walk or run, they will prob keep asking to be carried le cuz this was what happen to my friend's kid now.. ;p

ahNah,

your home got a praying room, right? dont think those things can come in lor... dont scare yourself.. if u have did everything that u should for your previous one, i dont think 'it' will come back to disturb your boy..

ahnah,

let arrange.. hehe!

mmrv:

my mum just called that she is still having fever. don't know what the temperature is. will try to ask permission to knock off early to visit her and monitor.

hello mummies,

Ahnah: sorry can ask u where u go and pray for the previous one (MC), as some of u may have known for my case, would like to pray for the lost one too. but heard must like over how many months or what? any advices? My bb also tend to fall down at areas that are not slippery, that day even worse, he fell off the bed when he already learned how to get down from the correct way.

Re: teething

Mine only has 3, 1 upper, 2 lower.. so slow also and we are quite worried.

Cheekrene,

Better go back asap to monitor. I heard some can have very high fever...

ahNah,

Maybe your maid or whoever grab his lower leg too tightly..i tend to grab him this way on the bed cos they really can move so fast now.

susan

i also thot of getting a "leash" cos nowadays he walked so fast, and sometimes refused to follow us and chose to walk the opposite direction. Also, difficult to carry him, always wanna get down to walk. He is very heavy now and when he arch his back and straighten his legs to get off my arms, i almost drop him... very notty.

rachel: MC is miscarriage [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Good leh your boy wants to go down and walk, mine go out always hug my hb's legs and say bao bao.. or lazily sit down on the floor when we try to put him down.. so lazy plus yah he is so heavy now also, carry till our hands suan.. haha..

I think now they are really playful but still fun to

play with especially the long hours of working.. the smile from him.. greetings from him

is so great!

My boy like to hold my hands and his daddy..

when I dun hold he will just stop there and wait.. haha.. so funny..

I should stop buying shoe for him.

The shoe just wear a few times and he outgrown liao...

So sayang...

rachel,

i think no harm getting one but just dont depend on it too much ba, maybe can use it at more crowded place when he wants to walk on his own..

cheese,

i havent really buy any shoes for him yet except just 1 pair which i bought during a flea market for his bday.. cuz he has alot of hand down shoes from my cousin but havent let him try on yet since he still cant walk on his own.. hahaha.. im one lazy mama... ;p

Rachel: Want to ask u about your boy's poop, was discussing with colleague about it, my bb poop at least 4 times daily, new ifc has feedback to us thinking that it is a problem, but my hb and me thought it was normal since it has always been this way. just wondering are we wrong to think that it's normal? is it something to do with milk powder?

penguin

if he wants to walk at home i dun care, but outside sometimes its very crowded and he so short, not like he knows how to siam people, sometimes he just walk into people and got bounced off. Later kena stampede.

penguin

do u feed him alot of fruits or juices? how's the stool like? my colleagues also think that poop 4 times and above is not normal cos their kids don't have that unless the kid is sick.

Or does he eat alot? For my boy when he eats more he will poop more. But 5-6 times a day isn't really normal for him. So my doctor thinks we should try to switch to lactose-free formula temporary. Now that he is back to normal, i will put him on normal formula again and see how.

cheekrene, call DK along .. so that Dorje got more choice. Hahaha

penguin_88, i wen back to my Tibetan Buddhist center to pray during the first 7 days and 49 days. of course in between these 49, every 7 days also pray.

After that is during the Lunar 7month.

Pregnant woman can be veri unreasonable sometimes n us uncontrollable! Forgive n relax! Been reading this thread since I was pregnant in feb 10! Really interesting to see the mums n dad here growing with the child! My no.2 is coming in dec... N I can't find another thread here as endearing as august2010...

My no.1 - kyra also fell off the bed countless times; "walk" n twisted herself n fell zillion times... But the sweetness is when her dad is come from work at the gate.. She will crawl at turbo speed n give her million watt smile n call "dad dad"!

It's also interesting to note that most of them refuse to call mama(a bit disappointed though) unless is desperate... Maybe instinctively they know that even if they dun call mama will still go to them!

haha, my girl knock herself onto something. she will come to me and put up her feet on my leg, wanting me to sayang her...

bakaholic,

reach home an hour ago. her temp is 37.6. should be ok, right?

ahnah,

sure. will ask DK along. hmmm, we must arrange another gathering. long time never meet up lor..

Hi Kyraashley,

Welcome to this thread and experience the joy of sharing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dont mind me asking, how old is Kyra now?

sunflower,

ya la. she's really spoilt la... -_-"

duckling,

i remember you were asking how to teach your boy to pee. probably you need daddy to teach him. hehe!

Her temperature is still the same. never drop at all. her body is still feverish. just now chase her around the house just want her to take medicine. finally i made her drink it but she threw out everything. she always throw out after medication, dunno how i can make her drink.

Cheekrene,

Hope your gal is feeling better.

Mummies,

are you feeding dha to your child? Do you give liquid or cut capsule form? Feed neat or add to food/milk?

Anyone bougth those nike/adidas toddler shoes from the forum? they looked nice but the sole looked kinda thick. No sure if my boy can balance on them. Haha..

If put meds into milk, must make sure the child can finish all, otherwis, the dosage not correct.

cheekrene

its very hard to feed my boy medicine too, even though the medicine smells so sweet and nice... maybe the taste is too overwhelming. So for those orange flavoured or bubble-gum flavoured medicine, I have to mix with at least 100ml of milk then feed him. If less than that, he also can taste/smell it and reject the milk.

If all coaxing methods failed, then you have to use force liao. Use syringe and shoot into the side of her mouth while she is crying. Then give her a baby puff immediately so that she won't force to throw out the medicine.

Last time I even put baby puff on top of the medicine in a spoon then bluff him to take. It works for a while, now doesn't work anymore haha.. he will pick out the baby puff with his fingers and refuse the spoon... sigh...

surprisingly , bbL loves med leh..but those orange ones too sweet, he doesnt like, i have to dilute more, then he ok..

bak

is the tablet/capsule sweet? If not better give in form of liquid. I gave my boy goat sweets and he will suck on it, don't think they know how to swallow immediately. And if the taste is not right, then waste the supplement.

sunflower

bbB hates the orange flavoured ones. Those powder probiotics, hydralite (for hydration) and antibiotics orange flavoured ones, i have problems feeding him. Even the vitamins orange flavoured also spit out.

Rach,

I haven't try yet cos it was a gift. I was thinking to cut the capsule and squeeze onto a spoon cos his feeding not regular now. May or may not finish his food.

bak

if its liquid in capsule then yes, cut and squeeze onto spoon. If he doesn't like the taste, mix into a small amt of cereal and feed him. when i feed my boy singulaire granules, i will mixed with a small teaspoon of oatmeal cereal. It works. For VSL#3 probiotics, i opened the capsule, inside its powder, the powder is almost tasteless and my boy can take it neat.

JL also like to eat med.. even chinese powder he will also open his mouth.. The antibotics taste so horrible but he also guai guai eat the med..

But.. he just dun like milk.. haha.. everything pertaining to "food, juice, snacks" he will open his mouth.

Ya cheekrene, I also suggest syringe, slowly press down bit by bit and stop for a while.. let her swallow bit by bit?

last time i use syringe to feed Gen. now i upgrade her use spoon. so far ok..*touch wood*

last time i use syringe she will cry like hell..

bakaholic-I bot JL a nike shoe from departmental store and indeed is quite thick. he wear liao kept stomping is feet.. haha..

Thereafter he gt use to it le..

It's nice.. esp boys got not much design...

How much forum selling? I bot at 59.90

Charlotte hates to eat med...that time sick ate med machiam like torture her...

btw, my gal till now still dun wan to walk leh...is it very slow??coming to 14 months liao lor...

Cheese,

About $25-30 but not sure from where. Yours is authentic.

About the walking part, according to some old folks, those dun start walking before 1 will prob start like 15-16mths. Looking at the stats, seems to be true.

yvonne,

mine haven walk leh..but got improvement lar..use one hand to touch the wall to walk ..

they say use push walker can trigger them to walk..u can try .. but i dont mind he walk later , cos i wana believe the old folks saying in future gd life haha

VSL#3 is a high-potency probiotic with 450 billion live bacteria per packet. This is highly recommended by my friend who has been feeding her boy since 6mo. Coincidentally, my FIL was also prescribed by SGH with this probiotics. That's where i found out buying probiotic from hospital is cheaper than anywhere else in Singapore. I bought this from Isetan Scotts pharmacy. This is still cheaper than Biogaia.

Rach,

The vsl#3 is medical food for ppl suffering from intestinal problems. Not sure it's wise to for healthy ppl. 450 billion count seems over-kill..

Haha..

tricia,

i tried letting him to use push walker but he also just walk a few steps nia, then kneel down n push the walker liao.. -__-" but i just let him be lah.. he can walk ard the coffee table lor, keep pulling out the table corner bumpers n pass to either me or his daddy.. damn funny lah..

Back