(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

bakaholic,

yes quinoa smells so nice and taste nice too.. bb J loves it but too bad it's not suitable for him.. he always poo immediately after eating that..

rach,

as long as he's not allergic to egg(white), should be no problem for vanilla cupcake.. planning to let my boy try egg white on his lunar bday with mee sua..

Sunflower, Thks for sharing!

I will try to put puree inside the cereal to see if he likes it a not.. But now I let him try the nestle cereal.. maybe its

too sweet for him.. think will mix with another cereal to see if he likes it...

Now weekend he eat cereal only.. I still have a few tins.. sianz..

gotta finish this before buying new ones..

jascmy, my family mostly adults only.. so i also dunno where my girl learn to beat ppl..

maybe she learn it when i beat her hands..

but she really fierce when she tries to beat me..

after that i try scolding her den she faster crawl over to my hb and hug him tightly..

when i wanna carry her later, she dun let me carry..

my mum says can only use the soft approach on her cos she's very stubborn..

Angel, my boy seldom see my niece and nephew. So my family mostly adult too.

Monkey see, monkey do means when they see us do, they will learn and do the same. My boy now likes to imitate me. So I beat him, he will beat me back loh.

Cheese,

I always buy unsweetened cereal like bellamy's or healthy times cos i am worried if i intro sweetened food too early, might start their sugar addiction at early age. I will try to avoid sugar in their food if i can and only containing natural sugars.

Thus, i bring my own cereal to ifc cos they give either the cerelac or healthy times cereal.

I always put veg/fruit puree in cereal. At least more "liao" and adds flavour to the cereal.

Yap, I always mix the cereal with some unsweeten ones for JL.

I tasted it, it's quite blend but with nice smell.

Last time he love cereal.. untill he cough for 3mths previously.. I stopped giving cereal

cos its still sweet as compared to porridge.. now I let him try, he eat so slow...

I will try again tommorrow and see how.

Think all tiger bbs are stubborn??

I ask JL not to touch the wire and he still touch. I beat his hand and he cried but

he still touch! Beat and beat he still touch and touch while crying.

But haven encounter kana beaten by him yet.

bakaholic, jasmine

How to cook quinoa? normally i use slow cooker to cook porridge, can just add in the quinoa at the same timing as the rice?

need to soak before cooking?

joyce,

I put quinoa and rice together in slow cooker to cook till porridge stage. no need to soak but need to rinse few times cos some brands may have a tinge of bitterness.

i normally smack my boy's butt or thigh when he is notty. He will cry. If i beat his palm or back of his hand, he will imitate and beat my hand also. He do it very fast lor. The first time i did it, he just watch, then the second time i beat him, he retaliate. It's like a game to him. So now i just smack his thigh instead. But I find the most effective method is to raise my voice and scold him. There's one occasion I scolded him big time. He actually understood I was angry and he kept quiet and sob silently, looking at me very sadly. Tears rolled down his cheeks some more but he dared not cry out loud.

saw the food and milk strike discussion. mine totally refuse to drink a single bit of milk... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

anyone knows when can start to drink fresh milk? am thinking of starting on fresh milk. but if its from the fridge its cold. supposed to microwave to warm up or feed straight from the fridge?

Monkie, ur bb strike for how long already? Usually this is a phase.

Mummies, can I give my gal egg white daily? She seems to like it and wld open mouth to eat.

Looks like my baby also same, start to dislike milk. Make me worry for nothing.

Any idea when can they start to eat the food we eat? I know I gotta be careful loading them with the salt n seasonings but really it's damn tiring to have to think of what to cook for my baby.

pekkle, actually strike for very long !! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

have you all started to give egg white already ? i havent tried eggs on my gal. should give egg white first?

by the way, anyone interested in buying shoes for their bb?

brands like pedipeds, see kai run, stride rite, crocs etc.

I am spreeing directly from USA which is much cheaper than buying in singapore. anyone interested to join in?

hi MVH, sure. i am spreeing from here.

By the way, I will be consolidating orders.So there is no international shipping charges. ie. Free domestic and free international shipping charges. cost is just the price of the shoes.

price stated on website is all inclusive and now got promotion so can get additional USD20 off each batch

For Pediped shoes, pls click here

For See Kai Run shoes, pls click here

For Stride Rite shoes, pls click here

For Crocs shoes, pls click here

For all other shoes and items, pls browse at main site: www.endless.com

Have set up a spree thread @ http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/5873454.html?1313311976

I have a stubborn son, but too bad for him, I'm an even more stubborn mum.

if he refuse to suck then sometimes I will twist and turn the bottle and encourage him to suck.. sometimes it works, sometimes wont, sometimes need to distract him with toy then he absentmindedly drink.. sometimes feeding also liddat... and now he very choosy about his toys loh! can vomit blood sometimes.

Phew my boy is eating although not as much as before. Yesterday gave him pasta with capsicum for lunch, he ate 50%, cereal with egg for dinner and he took 90%. today he finished the porridge. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pekkle, I had intro yolk and subsequently egg white both b4 bb turn 1. He is ok with it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I give everyday.

Mokie I m interested inthe spree.

pekkle, ya lor !! very long... thats why i thinking if can start giving fresh milk now.... anyone giving fresh milk already? how you feed the yolk? cook in the porridge and blend? feed the entire yolk?

mdm yip, mine is totally refuse to suck bottle. distract no use. just keep screaming

joyce, how you intro the yolk? the first time you intro do you put the entire yolk in the porridge ?

you also wan to join the spree ? sure, let me know ur orders ;)

by the way, how to separate yolk from egg white? some egg white will be mixed with the yolk leh.. is it ok?

Monkie,I boil the egg into hard boil egg then separate the yolk. For the first few time, I give him half a egg yolk directly. Din add to porridge in cause he dun like.

When he was younger, my mum tried separately when it's raw and add to porridge. Dunnoe issit coincidence, he got slight rashes after that. So I prefer to separate after it's cooked.

Will let u know my order soon. Thks.

Monkie

The only way to separate egg yolk is like what Joyce said , hard boiled egg. But I prefer to add raw yolk into the porridge and cook bcos the porridge will taste very much better. Hard boil yolk is very dry, and my boy wants to drink more water after each spoon feed. So I don't like hard boil yolk with porridge. But either way are still healthy.

for fresh milk, I usually make pancake on Sunday morning. Will give a portion as breakfast to my boy. HL Fresh milk and whole egg are added to make the pancake. It's not consider as giving him as the milk feed, but he does took a small portion of the HL milk since he ate the pancake. So far ok. Maybe u can try if there is a kids version of fresh milk.

Monkie

Personally I wouldn't give my boy fresh milk as a few of my friends intro their kids to fresh milk at 1 yo and they all have diarrhea. I prefer to play safe. If your boy doesn't want to suck the bottle, did you try feeding with other methods such as through dropper, syringe, spoon or cup? If all else failed, did you try another brand of FM?

My boy now on and off reject porridge too. Some times eat only half bowl, but lucky he turns to milk again. Yesterday drank about 950ml.

I'm interested in your spree too. Do you know what size for pediped for size 5 of see-kai-run? I bought see-kai-run from mothercare, not the prewalker "smaller" model.

Morning all. My boy also rejected my porridge. He eat very well in ifc but at home he don want to eat. My hubby asked me to start intro a little salt into the porridge. Anyone start adding salt in porridge??

jascmy, I say NONO to salt! Why need salt?? They are still so young..

How u cook your porridge??? I put "ba tao" to cook the porridge and then add fish/meat or both into the porridge, If you taste the porridge it's very sweet and flavoured.

JL ate 1.5bowl HL bowl yesterday.

Or you might try putting a bit of marmite.

Last time I try like smaller then 5cents coin qty and the porridge already look very dark and a bit flavoured le.

I try cornflakes yesterday and JL dislike.. switch to cereal he also eat very slow...

he really dun like western ah.

Does egg tart contain alot of egg white? I tried to delay egg white for my boy as advise by polyclinic. My MIL fed him egg tart last nite even though i told her many times the things he can't eat. Gave me a fright! This morning he got a mild grade fever [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Though I manage to stop him from eating, but i don't know how much he ate before I saw him.

jascmy,

Can try to boil pork (can use lean pork or bone, but remove the oil) soup then use the soup to cook porridge. Or make your own chicken stock by pounding chicken meat to get the "essence". Both soup base used to cook porridge very tasty. No need to add salt. Salt not good for their tiny kidneys.

cheese, I cooked with ba tao and pork too. He can eat half a bowl for lunch (usually he do not have gd appetite for lunch) and 1 bowl for dinner.

When I cook fish porridge, I will only put either carrot or pumpkin and vege for the sweet taste.

I had his porridge too. The ba tao pork porridge is nice not sure why he only eat so little for lunch, even dinner also have to force him to finish.

The fish porridge is not that tasty cos fishy smell. Can we add ginger?? But if add pumpkin, its nice!! He also won't eat more.

He had our good food and knw the taste liao. So don want porridge??

In ifc he can eat leh. Not sure whether ifc add salt or cos he see other infant eat so he eat too. Can imaging ifc feed him with zhu chang fen wif sweet saurce, sweet kuehs and jam bread for breakfast. Maybe porridge also have salt or even MSG. My SIL asked me to prepare a bowl for her next time so she can eat with wx then hope he will eat more.

I hate to feed my boy eat loh. But no one can help unless my mum is here with me.

Rachel & cheese, so u use the stock for both pork, chicken and fish porridge??? Maybe I can try.

I know chicken porridge cook with the bone is very nice. But cos he has been eating chicken and fish in ifc so at home I will cook pork and fish for him.

Rachel, same leh. DOn knw wat my MIL and SIL feed my boy yesterday. Cos they pray for the hungry ghost festival yesterday so have lots of food. Only see them feeding fa gao and man tou. But I keep seeing him chewing on something leh. Got once I asked them, my MIL say jus a small piece of carrot. Nvm one. Haiz, don knw what else loh. This morning he Lau sai 2 times. Hope its not diarrhea. Praying hard ifc don call me. Really don like those ppl keep feeding my boy with junk food.

jascmy

i use the soup to cook porridge and veg. Very tasty. Sometimes I put minced pork or fish in the porridge. But without these, the plain porridge with the soup base is already very tasty.

Going to try the teochew style of cooking porridge soon. I gave him some white rice and he seems to like it. So will try to add soup to rice after he turns 1.

Ah yo, ifc called liao!!! Teacher say will monitor again, if LS again for 1 more time, I have to go bring him home liao. FAINT!!!

Jascmy: Gen also the same pattern as WX leh. cannot finish the porridge not even one bowl.

but i never heard IFC teacher comment before leh.. so strange leh..

the best part is she will take a long time to swallow the porridge...

my mil cook the porridge with soup can finish one whole bowl leh..

winnie, same same, wx also took very long time to swallow. Sometimes even spit it out. When I give him our food, he open mouth and eat happily, once i change to porridge, mouth shut tight. Don think ifc so hardworking to cook the stock rite. I did ask teacher b4, they all say wx can eat very well. Really suspect they add salt liao.

So I promise to work hard to cook stock for the porridge.

Rachel, I also want to try muei fang. Cos I'm going overseas. If he can eat that I no need to cook porridge, jus ask for soup and rice will do.

The fish normally I will put when its ready for dinner, I wont cook for long, I smell it and its not fishy eh... But I put ginger before.. cos my mama bought a ginger. he is ok with it.

Maybe cos IFC is very watery one? I doubt they will cook as nice and good quality like our own.. I think they got put marmite to have good and tasty taste de...

Yes. I always cook pork stock for JL, no chicken for him cos I dun dare to give ever since he cough.. he only get to eat the chicken (the free canned food we have for our party, one time only)

cheese, I cook both watery and thick. Seems like he like thick ones cos he can eat more. Like yesterday, my mun cook till very watery, he only eat 4 spoon and stop liao.

tonight am gg to ask teacher how is gen eating in sch.. i already tried my best to cook liao lah.. she seems to dun like the food i cook for her...

she even vomit it out or spilt it out duno wat wrong.. cereal also like tat...faint ar...

Cheese, thats the reason y I only cook fish and pork. My mum also asked me not to start chicken so soon but I told her no choice cos ifc only give chicken and fish loh.

winnie, if I jus give him plain cereal, he won't eat too. I hav to add a bit of FM (abt 1 tsp) for the taste. He love it. Maybe u can try. Last time I add fruit puree but my mum say best not to combine both. So now his dinner is cereal and then mashed fruits.

try different variety of porridge each time may change their appetite.

i dont just put one meat or one fish, i put more ingredients, even i like the porridge.

- minced pork, fish, vege, potato, tofu

- minced pork, fish, vege, pumpkin

- minced pork, fish, vege, potato, egg yolk

- minced pork, sweet potato, vege, tofu

- fish, vege, potato, egg yolk

- chicken, vege, pumpkin, tofu

etc etc

sometimes i will add ikan billis or ikan billis powder which are not salty..

sometimes i steam the fish with ginger and serve with the porridge.. sometimes i dump the fish into the porridge to cook, but thats 1 hr before i serve

i give cereal on weekend only. i seldom feed her tat unless i never cook. weekdays dinner my mil will cook for her so im not so scare..

even my mil say Gen is sick of salmon liao..

eh, u forget i dun take fruits my hse seldom got fruits de... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunflower, I tried different variety too. Till I also forget which type of porridge he likes. Roughly knows he like pork, pumpkin and chicken. Ok, so I can try to add both meat (fish and pork) in one porridge. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I put the fish into the porridge to cook cos I wan the sweet taste leh. But sometimes its smelly leh. Esp sliver fish.

Winnie, try other fish. Having the same food everyday is actually very bad for the health. Can try sliver fish, ngo her, cod fish.

Oh yap. Similar to sunflower, I add sweet potato, potato, egg toufu, egg yolk, wolfberries,carrot, brocoli.

pumpkin, vegetable is a MUST in his porridge cos I love vege myself.. lol

Hai, I got problem in feeding JL cereal too..

But at least with some distraction he finishes one bowl still

NOW, is milk strike.. drink 100ml and jolly well STOP..

even pediasure which is so sweet also dun want lo... Have to stop 3 times before he can finish the whole bottle..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back