(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Wah! I feel so good after letting out of my frustrations in the previous post. Thanks all fpr reading my miseries

jascmy

wat are friend for? to me, i seldom share my problem with my hubby... i prefer to do it with my close fren.. not because of whatever reason. somehow, i feel my fren know me better. haha.. Men thinking are different with us. so they somehow wont know what we want.. insensitive :p and they tink we are naggy.

alibaba, yup, next time will complain to friends. But sometimes really wan to let out my frustrations immediately. Eg. yesterday, someone smoke in the ladies toilet while I'm changing diaper for my boy inside the toilet. Worst part is, after I finished and passed my boy to my hubby so that I can go toilet, I saw a lady came out from a cubicle, so I walk in and realised thats the smoking cubicle. Almost died inside so I curse and scold that smoker to my hubby. He got very angry of me. Pls lah, I'm scolding that smoker and no need him to solve anything lah. Angry for what. Haiz, so next time will call me friend immediately to complain rite.

alibaba,

Man are normally quite insensitive, but some how, woman can get insensitive as well.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

jascmy, dont be sad.. my hubby is similiar.. insensitive.. n whenever i complain to him, he is like a dead log.. no response one.. talk to him wanna vomit blood.. so sometimes we rather shut up n dont talk..

i feel so sad and guilty now..

brought my girl to see doc this morning.. the doc says my girl had croup and gave her an injection.. so poor thing.. this morning, she woke up crying and can't breathe properly.. the first time she cried, i tot its not that serious, so i just rock her to sleep again, 2nd time she cried den i wake my hb up so that we can bring her to see doc.. first time i saw her crying so desperately for attention.. really broke my heart..

she had been sick since sat morning, brought her to see doc but the doc just say its block nose and fever.. only when she got worse den we brought her to see another doc.. have to monitor to see whether her breathing gets better..

i feel like a bad mother who nv take good care of my girl..

Angel (the_gift) , hugs hugs.

Now u have to monitor and see how, especially at night. I read croups occurs is when the throat swells

and it lead to difficulty in normal breathing.

At least u ask your hubby to quickly bring your ger to see doctor right? U are doing good, dun worry.

Of course we tend to blame ourself.. like that time my boy poo in the middle of the night and his backside including his ball ball

is really so red~ cried.. but too late... now have to see how we do to help them heal faster.

Angel,

dont blame urself.. actually it takes awhile before we understand why our baby cries..

if the moment our baby cries, we know whats going on, then i think we are god.

even when they cry, we dont know if they are really sick or just cranky till we further monitor..

there are many times i felt guilty too..all by my negligence...

i think we are all wonderful mummies because we are already trying hard to take care of our babies.

my gal has the runny nose since last Mon..still having some mucus but i can hear that her nose not congested...she is active and appetite normal...not sure if need to bring her see PD since it has been a week le? last week i used Sterimar on her for a few days and apply baby vicks on her...thats all...

scent, my gal got big mouth eat porridege liao and finally can finish half of what i scoop out..stil not alot compared to what most babies are having here in this forum but it is good results for her liao lor...i believe your gal's semi solids strike will be over soon ah...patience is what we need to have for our fussy gals...

also realised that she likes tau kua and not silken tou fu ah...i think my gal don like v smooth textured things ah...

My boy still not good in chewing leh.. example, pork.

He will chew , chew but not so well, in the end he vomitted it out.

When comes to biscuit or big item, he can chew eh.. how to make him chew better for porridge?

cheese, u can put in chopped vege in the porridge for him to chew... like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, etc... these vege will true soft after steaming then they can chew...

cheese

my boy sometimes also "pui" out the minced pork. I fry the pork with butter.. abit hard. Think they still like soft and smooth food. Biscuit will melt in mouth, so they don't have the hard lumpy texture like meat.

Cheese, my gal will chew chew e meat n then swallow.. Sometimes she will give me the vomit look.. So I try to offer very very small pieces of minced meat..

Pekkle, I saw yr sl pix.. Nice leh! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If yr gal is getting better, I think no need to see pd la.. They can recover by themselves de.. My gal also got runny nose last week n I give her old medicine n iliadin, din see pd.. She also recover after 4-5days..

Pekkle

Ur gal really don't look small size to me. She looks quite meaty leh from the photoshoot

Cheese

Mine also dun chew when eating porridge . Partly bcos no teeth, only 2 bunny teeth, can't do much. But also biscuit 'chew' alot then swallow.

Mvh, I brought my gal to see gp near my plc this evening cos like gotten a bit worse. Yeah! Happy the pics turned out nicely. Thot u were also planning to do w ps with ur gals?

Sunflower, ya she is meaty but weight us really 7.6kg le. Just weighed her at the clinic. Based on growth chart she is 1 percentile range lei. The gp said shld check her wt in 2 mths' time. If she falls below 1 percentile then need to check further to see is it she nt absorbing the nutrients as well as she shld. In the meantime, gp suggests giving her extra milk or porridge feed. But find it tough cos she nt big eater. Also to give high protein food such as egg white, tou fu, fish n meat.

Scent, give ur gal more egg white since she's allergic to the yolk.

Angel, don't blame yourself.. We r not doctors to detect our kids' behavior or sickness.. Hope yr gal gets well soon!

Pekkle, ya my photoshot is next month.. Such a long wait.. Sigh coz now difficult for me to take leave..

Oh dear 1% percentile.. Give her more protein? Did e gp suggest any multi vits or probiotics? More milk? Maybe try pediasure? Hope bb R gain more weight soon!

Pekkle

U sure 1% percentile?? Cant be leh.. Got 1% one meh?? Strange, she looks tall and meaty. U always weigh on the same clinic? Got use other weighing machine? She really dun look like 7.6kg. Ya give more protein. In my pregnancy, I drank protein powder milk daily. I gave alot protein meat and fish in my boy's porridge. The ingredient is more than the rice. Also add other ingredients .. U try to maximize protein level.

Hello mommies! Sorry to disrupt the thread. I'm a SAHM and my baby's turning one soon. Which means she can't sit still (something I'm sure all the moms here can totally understand), so I thought it'd be fun to organize some playdates for her. A friend suggested I join this forum so here I'm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Any Facebook group I can join? Any SAHMs out there? Looking forward to make some new 'mommy' friends [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my girl is finally getting better.. can hear that her breathing is smoother..

she is still very active, but can see that she dun have much strength cos keep falling down..

but she lost weight again..

at 1 year 5 days old, she weighs only 7.5kg.. sad.. now still wearing her 6-9 mths clothing..

now to make things worse, when i brought her back to my parents place, my grandma keep saying that me and my hb dunno how to look after baby.. just bring her home for a few days only and she lost weight.. n also we dun give baby enough food..

so angry when i heard that.. but no point telling her baby is not feeling well cos she can't hear properly..

Good Morning all!

crescent- yap I did add vege all the time. I nv let him try celery.. maybe I should. Haa, I hate celery so

nv tink of that..

Rachel -I agree what u says, the texture of the biscuits and meat is different.. so now like what

MVH says, I chop till very fine and yesterday he chew and eat w/o vomitting! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gotta chop really very fine...

Angel- Glad that she is fine!

Ya.. I agree when ppl says oh so small etc... I've been listening this comment since JL is born.. my milk not enough

nutrients to make him fat etc.... sian one lorz... Now,I tried giving him pediasure for supplement, Vitamin B12 to booast appetite etc.

Let him eat egg yolk, meat ,fish etc. Since you mention she lost weight, we have to be doublely hardworking to give "fatty" thingy for them.

Till now, JL still not chubby type and I tried my best to give him the best of all already...

Btw, I went to Singkids with Winnie_gal and I find that it's more for big kids.

Saw MVH and BB A there too! BB A so adorable! Hee.. her dress is so so nice!

Had a fruitful trip though, why didnt my era have this kind of playarea?? Haa...

Kids now are so fortunate!

cheese, agree with u that when ppl make those comments will feel very sianz..

worst part is ppl even tot she was a 4 mths old..

now trying to feed her more fish and meat..

hopefully by dec when my sis gets married, she will look more chubby.. if not, dunno wat the relatives will say again..

btw, any1 using the avent steamer cum blender? i find it very difficult to clean.. after washing, i can still see the stains there..

Cheese, I saw Shay at T3 yesterday too! So many ppl go T3...

Angel, glad that yr gal is getting better..

Juz continue to feed her more protein stuff like egg yolk, meat.. It is hard to ignore other ppl's comments at times.. Jia you!

Pekkie

I read up that underweight babies shld take more calorie-dense food such as cheese (in moderation) and avocado. Hths!

Btw any mummies on instagram? Let's share our babies' pics!

morning all...

the forum is so quiet recently....

talking abt cheese...

i went to buy mild cheddar from cold storage... it is salty.. i dont think i would wanna intro that to my bb yet..

Morning all. Ya loh, I won't intro cheese at the moment too. Wait till my boy is eating the same food as us then I will intro cheese.

So tired today. My boy wake up at 4am this morning, cried and refused to go back to sleep. When I put him on my bed, he roll everywhere happily. Until 5am, I buay tahan so make milk for him then he sleep after that. Haiz, but my alarm ring at 5.30am loh.

mumoft, ok, will try. I jus fell asleep for 2mins. Lucky no one knws I'm sleeping.

Ya, very quiet here. Everyone busy with bday parties and work.

Nowadays my bot very active. Walk around the hse like nobody business. Hubby n me sit on the sofa watching him walk cos we chase him till no strength liao. Cannot sit still. Last week he fell down from high chair and got blue black on arm and thigh. I wan to surrender to him liao.His battery full and long lasting but mine very short life leh.

Haiz, ifc jus called say my boy suddenly have running nose and very cranky. Have to take time-off now to bring him home early liao. Maybe thats the reason he wake up, cried and refuse to sleep.

Praying hard I no need to take leave tmr.

Haa.. they are in their curious stage, very active one..be it in crawling or walking stage now.

JL been talking the same thing again and again... that time was bird.. been hearing

all the while... then finally change to baby... now change to mei2 mei2.. kept repeating and repeating..

Ya.. I wan to give him a mei mei.. but not now.. LOL.

cheese, ya, wx also keep saying, "da da" or "va va".

When he see us or when he walk around the hse, he will keep saying.

They are so cute hor.

JL can say words liao. WX only sounds.

JL is quite quiet eh.. very unlike me.. LOL.

He wont produce sounds like speaking a sentence de.. He will just repeat the word he learn...

but he can listen to instructions better... Yes. they are getting adorable each day!

To all,

JL now growing his 10 and 11th tooth and he drool more than usual, though not dripping kind still

and he seems to be very uncomfortable when the saliva drip, he will sort of swallow back his own saliva to prevent it from dripping...

does your bb behave this way?

I wanted to get mild cheddar the other day but for $18 a small pack, i put on hold. Is it really salty?

Cottage cheese is not salty. I bought the bulla brand, not bad, taste very nice to me. Cheese and yogurt are recommended food for babies above 8mo. I'm gonna give my boy more cheese, yogurt and avocado! He is quite "ang moh" like his daddy hahaha... pasta with capsicum he loves.

My boy also talking alot nowadays. Don't know what he is mumbling. It sounds like a foreign language, not the repeated blabbering kind, all different sounds like talking in a foreign language. When I laugh at him, he will look at me and laugh also. Very funny.

Angel - don't be too hard on yourself. It is never easy being a parent.

My son is also fussy about his food, though he loves his porridge and fruits, he is not particularly fond of milk and his egg. So although sometimes he scream and protest, i still force him to finish his milk. Almost everytime have to kap his legs, hold down his arms and force him to drink ... he know got no choice then he docilely finish. (btw, nothing to do with milk powder, or milk bottle.. breastmilk he also liddat)

I know it sound very jiak ark of me, I also heartpain when he scream and cry, but wth, he gets fed and judging from the last time I carry him (now almost cannot carry for long liao, at least got 9 kilo)

I told myself, already children need discipline, let alone babies. They don't know what is good for them at their age, so sometimes we have to do what is best for them.

cheese

ur JL so cute can tarik the saliva.. i tink he really dislike dirty la.. my boy saliva drip like mad.. that time the studioplay shot got a few dripping saliva pic.. lolz

talking about it..for studioplay PS

i duno if it's mine only.. i realise quite a number of pic , my boy not looking at the camera -_- not so nice to compare with my T1 one.. my hb even said like tat dont want buy all the pics....cos not tat nice. btw one more qn, i wonder if can edit the pic. there's this irritating one strand of hair on my face during the PS which i nv realise... only saw it when i saw the PS. is it editable?

Back