(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

white_lady

my boy keeps pulling his shoes and screaming too. He is not used to it. But he can't take it out. His shoes not easy to put on and take off.

I just let him scream and then try to distract him but letting him walk with his shoes round the house. After awhile he gets used to it and he is ok with it.

Rachel

Boys shoe not easy to take out ... Girl one very easy !!! Lol ... Maybe I try to let her wear shoe n walk around the house ... My girl will pull out the hair clip with 1 or 2 hair being pull our too n put the clip in her mouth or throw away !!! I lost some clip while shopping ! Hai

white_lady

she is so cute! generally they don't like things put on their heads. My boy rejected his cap for a while, we have to keep assuring him he looks good with it haha. Now he is ok. Maybe he feels hot with the cap on.

hi... any tips for my boy who is rejecting milk (almost zero intake) and preferring solids? he's ok with bread soak in milk though, think he just wants to chew things.thanks.

Gymboree at harbourfront has reconfigured the gym equip. Those with membership can check it out. I think possibly they change every 2 weeks.

Diamantz

My gal also reduced her intake by a lot. Give cheese? Yogurt? Basically i add milk powder to all her solids - fruit, chinese porridge, oatmeal, cereal, weetbix.. But make sure she has enuff water too.

Morning all mummies,

can I have a show of hand who attend on last Sat JWT Trial @ UE Square (beside Clark Quay)

Date: 18th June 2011

Time: 1.00pm

1) dsqyvonne

2) winnie

3) eeyore

4) starz

5) jasmine goh

6) Vivy (aug mummy)

7) ah bee

8) Michelle (aug10 silent reader)

9) mrs ahnah (just got the card)

10) glamdem

Hi Ahnah:

1) jasmine goh

2) Vivy (aug mummy)

3) ah bee

4) Michelle (aug10 silent reader)

5) mrs ahnah (just got the card)

6) Joyce

i oso dono y the rest din turn up. maybe forget abt it cos v long ago arrange de.

Yupz, both have fb. They are in my list [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Michelle: Michelle Chan

Vivy: Vivy Toha

bakaholic > thinking of switching ... but i think its not the taste. he's ok when i mix it with oatmeal. think he likes to munch food.

ling > milk powder to porridge and fruit not funny mah? i add to oatmeal and cereal. Which weetbix did you buy? i only see weetbix bars in supermarts. yeah, the water part is a concern. which cheese did you give? i gave kiri brand.

fumiko, are u feeding miso and mee sua to your baby? so interesting...

Jasmine

Baby J likes red capsicum? My boy doesn't [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Tricked him to eat 3 spoonfuls only. Whole face crumpled up at each spoon. Crawl away and no matter how i call him, he only shows me his butt, turn his face away from me. Sigh.. thinking of using the rest of the capsicum to make pasta for him.

Ahnah,

Ok thanks!

Cheekrene,

She said no hurry. 1 wk before also can.

Rach,

He likes pure red capsicum puree cos its sweet. If bb B doesn't like then its a good idea to make pasta sauce for him.

Sheric

Yes i gave him pure red capsicum.

Jasmine

yah, think will try to mix with pasta first. Lucky i didnt buy the organic one. His taste quite similar to mine, so I expected him not to like capsicum hahaha. It's sweet with peppery smell.

Any mummies here using pull up pants (diapers) for your baby? Will leak? I seriously consider changing, i have a hard time changing his diaper. He simply won't want to lie on his back. Keep flipping and crawling away. He can scream and cry until he choke then later vomit if i keep forcing him to turn to his back.

My helper must be having a hard time to clean his poo.

rachel,

i am using huggies pull up. my girl also seriously don't like to be lie flat so i let her wear pull up instead. i don't think it will leak. so far so good.

just finished reading the post that I've missed...

alamak, sorry I really forgot about the JWT trial that I missed it... I've been busy with the ne maid and with moving out things and clearing of my old house... so tired, physically and mentally, actually haven't finished clearing all the things yet... sianz so many things to clear from a 5 yo 4-room flat...

re: ear wax

don't use cotton bud to clean... my sis used to clean her son's ear with eye wax, but turn out all the eye wax are push inner, finally when I help him to clear after he was 2 yo, the ear wax is like super thick, alot and dirty... must is to leave it to the doctor's... I only clean for my gal after she was 2yo, when she can quietly lie down and must use plastic with lights type, instead of the metal type... and don't exert strength, just gently scrape, if cannot take out don't force, try it another day, after bath is the best, as water also soften those difficult to take out wax.

Jwt

I tot Starz is asking that time about the trial? In the end she missed it. Quite hard to rem also , cos fix quite long ago.

re: photobook

I've been doing since my gal was 1 yo... so far my exp with photobook was that their quality always change, the very 1st book that I have was 170gsm canvas-like matte textured paper. Then it was upgrade to smooth photo paper.

Rachel

I have a pack of Huggies pull up from a fren .. She gave me XXL .. Lolz I almost fainted. But then fit my boy!! But occasionally leaked, and doesn't hold much urine. I won't consider it in future.

SunFl@wer

your fren look up to Baby L kekeke. Is it becos its slightly bigger so leaks? I'm also worried about the leaking part, esp when he is on my bed! His own bed i use waterproof mattress protector cum bedsheet, but mine is not.

Rachel

Mine is leak from top when slping cos usually the top part is wet and the tee also wet. I think when he lie down, his stomach slims down, so there is gap .

Latest Updates

First Birthday Bash for Our July/August Babies:

Venue, Date and Time: GYMBOREE @ HARBOURFRONT on 9th July 2011 (Saturday) at 6pm - 7.30pm inclusive of activities and birthday celebration

(Please arrive 20 mins early to collect your goodies bags! Thank you!)

Theme: Farmyard fun!

1) 34 slots are fully taken up. I won't be adding in any slots due to space constraint at the venue. Sorry about it.

** As we are having big groups for the activity, the staff suggest us to split into 2 groups. (Grouping will be done on that day)

The first group and second group will do different activities from 6-6.30pm, after that 2 groups will switch activity from 6.30-7pm.

Then, 7-730pm we will have birthday cutting which is provided by the party attendees. All adults and kids are allowed to join in.

If any mummies are to extend the activity for your #1 or baby, you will have to pay additional $20 directly to Gymboree counter. Please note that Gymboree will close at 8pm although our activity end at 7.30pm.

2) Food & Beverage

I won't advise on having food on that day due to time constraint as we only have half an hour of birthday celebration after the activity.

Also, I won't be getting beverage for the goodies bags as I don't have enough hands for logistics.

3) Photographers

Are there any hubbies willing to help out to take photos during our event? I need 2 photographers. Please get back to me soon! Thanks!

4) Refund

There will be balance money to refund everyone. I will get your bank details information after the event.

Here are the estimated budget:

1) Deposit only for Gymboree - $20 (All Paid)

2) Birthday Cupcakes & Goodies Bags for babies - $3 + $4 (All Paid) (Balance money be paid for the final bill on Gymboree.)

3) Cupcakes & Goodies Bags for #1 - $10 each (Balance money will be refunded!)

4) Final Payment at Gymboree - Estimated $1.47 each (To be finalised after the event)

\red {- For those who have made payment for deposit, cupcakes & goodies bags, please note that it will be non-refundable.

- However, if there is excess of money, it will be refunded after the event.}

winnie,

oh think you just came back to sg also.. next time you can go with cheese..

cheekrene,

ok, total amt. after discount is $105.85. you can transfer to posb saving 126-96716-0, i will transfer to her 1 wk before the bday bash.

i thought we have one free photographer for the party?

My boy was using mamy poko L size and we realized there was leakage quite frequently so had to change like every 2.5hrs. And at night, it's worst, we kenna a few times on our bed. so, we try out XL size and so far it's ok. I think the diaper is too small to absorb his pee thus will leak.

It's funny cos the L size is fr 9-12 kg but my boy is just nearly 10kg only.

Back