(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

now i v stress..my fren who say flash card are v useful and her bb now 13 mth...noe hw to point to apple/banana when they shout out..now 2 yrs...can read out those names.. -_-'''

ahhh..i nv flash cards to my bb before..only use ipad to flash..

and play music video to her..

wow now i tink i really got to buy flash card for her..

then another fren sayin she goin to send her bb to shichida sch at TPY...cos v gd for child brain development..

feelin peer pressure..

then i noe myself..is a lazy mummy...

i tink i only borrow lib books and then got time..then after work will read to her..

otherwise..i jus play 3 little pig story fr my ipad for my ger before her bedtime..

-_-'''

fumiko,

dun be stress. i never read books to my girl. i just only let her watch educational show like mickey mouse club. they will teach them somethings. i just wait till she is 1 year old then i start reading books to her. at the moment, they are curious about everything and busy crawling and walking. very hard to get their attention

I also nvr read books or flash cards to my boy. I also very lazy. But when I go supermarket with my boy, I will show and tell him the real fruits and items. Sometimes I will let him touch too.

I tried reading but he kept grabbing the book to munch.. and i gave up.

Flash cards, not sure if he does pay attention cos he laughed at me when i flashing and looked away in couple of seconds. Haiz...

i give my boy the flash cards... he only..

1) fold them

2) bite

3) push it away

beside that .. he also go n bite the flash card box.

ya ya..i borrow books fr lib where got diff texture one..

then she only pay attention for 1 min..then wan to crawl away liao..

-_-'''

jasmine, same same..my ger oso stay still when watching music related things appearing on tv..

even HK tvb drama starting n ending songs..haha

I nv read books but I give flash cards from iPhone .. He loves it . Card flash card he also loves but then me lazy, so most of the time give iPhone flash card. I always do it when my hb driving or when I have time. My hb is the one who spend most time with my boy. Teach him cone , color and shapes. Think it helps in motor skills too

ya he likes to listen to those songs and see commercial ads.. and iphone flash card will auto change to the next word.. less trouble for me.. =P

bak

my boy sama sama. He picked a corner of the card to chew. All his flash cards are all bent. I didn't buy him any, they are christmas pressies from friends.

Fumiko

Baby einstein quality is good. The cards very thick so not so easy torn.

izzit..my first word i bought le..but i tap...hahha and i teach my ger to tap..

now she like to tap and like to click e exit button..

-_-'''

mayb i need to check e setting....keke

Hello mummies

I am a silent reader here!Haha..saying read books or showing flash card!!Haiyo..my boy simply Bo chap me..I majiam read story to the air!!He will only snatch the books or whatever and put into his mouth!

FIRST BIRTHDAY BASH

Dear mummies & daddy ahnah,

please remember our date on 9 July (Sat) at Gymboree Harbourfront. please arrive early before 6pm to collect your goodies bag. See you there!

ladies,i've decided to b a sahm.jav admitted 2dae nw nw waiting 4 blood test results.after a nabalization in hospital,he is beter.doc say he gt real sensitive lung. Bt stil gota c blood test result.Nth is impt than my boy health.heng he is stil hapi,bt nt much appetite..wil try if he want milk lter.

Cheese,

J will get well in no time. Dun worry. Babies are tougher than we thought. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rachel, did yr boy took the old type prevnar that contains 7 or 10 different types of virus? My gal took the new one 13 type.. Forget the company producing it... There r 2 different companies producing the 10 and the other is 7,13 type... If u took the 10type, cannot anyhow mix n take 7 or 13 type.. But If u took the 7type one, can update to 13 type halfway...

Fumiko, me also lazy to read books to my gal dun say flashcards... Everything I show her, she either throws, grabs, put in mouth, hits etc... Juz can't concentrate and I can't hold on to the books for more than 2 mins..

Don't feel pressure la..juz let them enjoy their first few years and then they will start all those trainings lor..

Sunflower, my gal keeps touching the iPhone n the pix/virtual flashcards juz keep changing.. Even I play music fr iPhone she also touch here n there n the music starts, stops, starts, stops.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Cheese, sorry to hear about JL..

Hope he is recovering...

Does u or ur hubby or family got history of asthma?

Hope all the tests come out ok..

Take care! Don't worry too much..

走一步看一步

Glamgem, Jasmine, I will take over the slot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1pm right?

Cheese, hope ur boy get well soon.

MVH

I'm not sure which type my boy was given. I vaguely rem i saw prevnar13 on the healthbook. Maybe its 13. Have to go back to check again.

Mvh

Heehee gd to interact too. Got music or VoiceOver is gd enough for them to absorb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jus went to see Bb J and cheese. Good to see that he is still happy and active. But he is still coughing. Cheese say that all the Bbs in the ifc is coughing including my boy. I'm thinking shld I quarantine my boy at hm so that he can recover.

jascmy and cheese,

if all babies in ifc are coughing, the principal should look into it. maybe the air ventilation is not good. probably they have to do cleaning of the whole place again. its no good that everyone cough for long period.

cheekrene, cheese told me the principle very bad. Can't tok to her at all. Can only email. I wan to feedback but after hearing what cheese say I also scare. Later will discuss with hubby to see what we can do. Maybe ask him to go feedback cos he is better in this than me.

Another thing is, not only the infants are coughing, their parents too. Cheese, winnie's hubby, me and my hubby..... My boy spread the cough to hubby and me. Later I go see whether the other parents are also coughing.

The virus are very strong!

jascmy, cheese

the ifc principal so bad?? how can don't communicate to parents? So irresponsible. Why don't you call the director instead?

mummies gg JWT tml

Seeya tml w ur lil ones.. i might slight late cos my hby nt free to send me there.. hence taking cab..

book under whose name ar?

cheese, I will ask my hubby to go tok since he is so good at toking. Hope he will agree lah. Glad to hear that J sleep liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello, am back!! Wa, so many thing to catch up.. I juz back from visiting bb J. He look fine n cheerful.. Miss him so many days never see him..

Hope he can hav a speedy recovery..

hi all mummies ,

i wanna check , do u all have problem when bb wear shoe ? my bb keep taking out the shoe n bite ! or kick away ! headache ....

Back