(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

monkie,

normally i will change diaper after feeding. but have to be careful when lifting up her butts to put diaper as the milk will backflow if baby never burp.

fitti:

i didnt know there is premium type. i must go ntuc xtra to check it out.

winnie,

i am feeding her BM in morning and FM at night. i only found her green poo at night so i wonder if it is due to BM.

bakaholic,

i dun think it's due to FM. I have to monitor... last week she has green poo after her 6-in-1 jab. then yesterday again have. i already stopped taking domperidone. that time i took 2 tablets / 3x a day. i did see slight effect. i might be taking again as i drop my supply due to 6 hourly pumping. really got no time to pump and lazy to wake up at night.

nature lover,

you can get domperidone from pharmacy, GP or your own gynae.

Sunflower,

i think my BM still look ok but i got more hindmilk instead.

cheekrene: thanks for replying! I hope guardian will have then.. what's the price like? Does it boost supply or keep the supply constant? Sorry I miss out on alot of posts..

nature lover,

guardian has it. i heard from another mummy saying it is $6.30 for 10 pills. my supply drop and it help me to boost up. if i continue, it might increase more

i got in a box.. inside got 30 pills. as instructed, it supposed to take 1 pill / 3x a day. some mummies mentioned that their gynaes said it's fine to take 2 pills / 3x a day.

faster? i dun think so. it really takes time. i also tried drinking more water, drank papaya soup, red date tea or any other fluid to play apart.

oh dear.. that means i got to supplement with fm first le.. but if open le then nv use finish so sayang.. but thanks for the info, i will still give it a try!

hey for those taking domperidone, unity pharmacy sells the generic drug (no brand), $2+ for 20 tablets. the pharmacist told me to take 2-3 tablets 3x daily. seems to be working for me

duckling,

i will use setting 2, wait for light to go off and put in there abt 5 min but must swirl the milk every once in a while otherwise heating not evenly distributed. i usually add water until the container is abt 30% full, by agar-ation lah... as long as water level is above the milk level

fitti prenium, can get from sheng shiong too at $12++ only.

Me buy during carrefour 10% storewide sales, even cheaper than fitti distributor.

jasmine,

i aso doing research on carrier, my gal loves to be carried. smtm when i let her lie on the cot alone she will cry. i wl let her cry and then she wl sleep, haha!

thot having a carrier will help if i can carry her ard more often. there is a shop in novena tat sells carrier tat u shld check it out.

Can I confirm the attendance so that I can sms u my address...

Venue: Eeyore's Home

Time: From 11:30 am onwards

Date: 30-Sep Thursday

Food: MacDonalds, ok??

Attendees:

1) MVH

2) Alibaba

3) Saffy

5) chocochips

Saffy, chocochips,

can i have your HP nbr??

eeyore,

mi mi!! i'm interested...

MVH, Alibaba, Saffy, chocochips

how u gals going dwn? wad time u all gg?

Hi all, wats e diff bw friso gold n friso comfort? My Bb is a month old, weight gain is not good, now only 4.980 while weight at birth was 4.03. I ve not enough milk supply So add enfalac but Bb rejected after finish one Tin, Bb gets cranky n cant sleep Fr 3 till 10 PM dat kind, PD only Said weight gain is not good, Bb not sleeping well is quite common, any advice on how 2 increase milk supply, which FM 2 give? How 2 pacify a cranky Bb? Tq

cheekrene ,

fitti got premium one , quite good ... but i dont think NTUC have . I always buy at careffour . after 5% discount , each packet is only $10.90 , for S size 48 pcs

suika,

If i gg i Will drive there lor. Now my #1 got running nose. Gotto monitor his condition. If he recover, then i Will go.

Eeyore, my inlaws r sick today.. One down wif flu another wif cough..

I have been takin care of 2 kids since fri.. Not sure if my mil can recover by thurs or not.. I wanna leave my elder gal wif her coz I can't handle 2 kids outside...

U sms me yr place address first la.. On thurs morning itself then I confirm whether going or not then SMS u..

How I wish i can go for the gathering. Still stuck in hospital.

Anyway is it too early to start our babies with flashcards? When is a good time to start?

Hello, anyone can recommend a good part time cleaner/maid or a reputable agency? I need help with house cleaning, once a week.

Dreamz, get well soon, how's your condition now?

Gathering:

One of these days, I hope to be able to join you Moms too...Njoy the gathering.

I need some advise

my bb seem to drink lesser than 1st month

now my bb is 1 month 3 wk

she drank 100 ml for 3 hr during day

at night 9 pm drink 100ml

then 10pm drink 50-60 ml then sleep all e way till 5am n drink 100ml

she will wake up at ard 2 am but once give pacifier, she sleep again

will I b under feeding?

Will cause bb to have gastric ?

N my bb stomach will make groaning sound n I will feed her when I hear it

dunno is it digesting sound or gas sound?

Or normally when I feed her Liao, if she not full, her eyes are wide open, then I will top up wit more milk for her

btw I m fully bf using ebm

Scent,n_g> got gall bladder stones n due to the size is like grains so it fell out of the bile duct causing the abdominal pain. Today they gg to clear the blockage in the duct n then arrange for surgery to remove the gall bladder

Eeyore

Wanted to join but my boy down with viral infection , having bad cough and stuffy nose. Now on neubiliser.u gals enjoy

Fumiko,

my case is about the same as yours.

my girl is 8wks old.

during the day, i will let her latch on around every 3 hrs.

but the feeding time seems to reduce from 15mins to 10mins.

when my hb comes back in the evening, he will feed her 100ml of ebm.

since last week, she's not able to finish the 100ml.

the thing is, she dun look hungry after the feed, so we do not force her to finish it.

we will let her latch on at around 11pm before we sleep and most of the time, she will be hungry at ard 4.30am.

I'm also not sure if i'm under feeding her.

Fumiko,

You doing window grilles? Are you using the same contractor as Suika?

If not, can pm me the contact? I want to install windows and grilles for balacony.

Thanks!

dreymin,

gonna bring my baby out often so have to get a carrier to be handfree. yup, i'm planning to go that shop this week. i have did some research. seem like only beco & manduca have the infant insert attached.

Jasmine Goh,

my friend recommended manduca coz it has a extendable back support for baby when they grow taller. You can go to the shop at square2 to try out the different brands be4 deciding.

Here's their website: http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/

will bring my ger down to try on when she's 4 mths old.

SunFlower,

there's a pd at The Rail Mall, but very ex.

Re: diaper change

I always chg be4 feed coz she gets cranky during feed so I wan to rule out wet diaper as the cause so chg beforehand. But sometimes she poos during or aft feed and have to chg again (there goes my $$).

I'm still using Nepia and Sealer nb sizes that I bought fr the earlier motherhood fair. Since I change her diaper often, I don't invest in branded diaper for the time being. Thinking of getting fitti to try but the supermakets nearby doesn't carry fitti.

Re: bottle feed

I just started bottle feeding 2 weeks ago and it add on to the terrible colic that she's having so I stop for almost 5 days le. Now reading the posts, I'm starting to worry that she will reject bottle. Plan to start bottle again tmr. Hope it goes well.

Back