(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

The 4 day rule for allergy testing is eat 1x and wait for 4 days or eat for 4 days consecutively? I did the 1st option but my sil doing the 2nd one. Which is right?

MVH,

for sea water spray, after u spray liao, must suck out the mucus leh..cannot leave it like that..thats wat the PD told me to do so.

penguin,

no honey below 1yr old..

Mdm Yip,

im giving Healthy times brown rice cereal..no sugar.. after this packet, will stop and give oats/barley cereal.

starz,

when my boy is down with cough and phelgm, i stop all fruits puree.. they will cause the cough to worsen..

sunflower

me still take medicine when sick. and Gp has to know if i am BF so he wont give too strong medicine. but he did advise that those drowsy medicine may effect bb also.. i nv bother and still take tat time.

Sunflower,

can continue to bf as long meds given is safe. In fact, it's good so that bb can get your antibodies and will not fall sick. But wear a mask if latching.

bakaholic,

eat 1x wait for 4days? haha then i did the wrong way for so long. i feed him 1x 4 days.. >< but i think if he's allergic to it, will show up within 1 day? cos for organix wholegrain cereal, his eczema became worse after eating one big bowl.. so i immediately know & stop giving him that..

re: milk bottle

you all will use the milk bottles for how many mths before changing to new bottles??

sunflower, I bf when I'm sick. I wear a mask and will tell my gp that I'm bf. I don dare to eat too much of the med even tot its safe. Once recover a bit I will stop.

jasmine, I won't change bottle. I will only change teats when times up for change. Next change is 6mths. So fast, going to change teats liao. They are still new leh.

MVH

for seawater spray, after you spray, you turn yr baby upright and the mucus will flow out. Then you can either suck or use cotton bud to dig it out.

I haven't change the teats yet cos it looks and feels ok.

My bottles are bpa free so as long it is not worn out, i am continuing with it.

If allergy, will show up quite readily. If feed continuosly for 4 days, if allergy, will be very severe cos feeding so much.

Anyone feedin green peas puree? Need to remove skin after steaming before blending?

bakaholic, I change teats according to their numbers and mths of Bb. When my boy turn 6mths, he will have to use no. 4 teats for avent bottles liao.

jascmy,

i already changed his teats thrice. now using the largest size already. but my MIL thinks the flow is still slow, she secretly cut the teats. -.-

bakaholic,

my bottles are bpa free too but i feel like they turn slightly yellowish.

normally i will observe on the first day i feed him new food. i will always intro new food in the noon so if he's allergic to it, normally will show by evening/night.

i feed him sweet pea puree before. the skin as in the pods? initally i removed the peas from the pods (v. troublesome) but the peas are so tiny and little. so end up i just steam everything and blend. the puree is quite smooth.

friso:

if anyone selling friso, let me know. i can buy from you =P

jasmine,

i will change the bottle every 6 months. for teats, depend on how my girl suck. i will try to change every 3-4 months. i like medela old version milk bottle but now i cant find anymore. haiz... not sure if i should change bottle to other brand.

First birthday bash

haiz, i went to follow up with gymboree and little gym. they dun seem to reply me for many days. maybe they are shocked to see my email asking for 30-40 babies participating.. lolx....

i like hort park but how are we going to organise if we choose that place? comments?

cheekene,

same thought as you. i just bought a nuk bottle but my boy doesn't seem to like it. he still prefer his old tommee tippee.

for hort park, they don't provide any catering & deco right?

i using nuk teats on pigeon bottles. So far no colour change so i continued using.

I bought organic frozen peas without pods. Can steam and blend straight away?

Teats

I change once turn yellowish..

Bakaholic

Me same as jasmine.. Even thou BPA, they will turn yellow too. Once yellowish, I changed.

Jasmine

Ur boy on Avent bottles? So fast using biggest teats Liao? Mine still teat 2 leh.. But finish 200ml within 8 mins

sunflower > i use Avent bottle and still on teat 2 also....we ever tried giving my gal teat 3 she'd cry ah and the flow still seems too fast for her....my girl not drinkin as fast as your bb....hehe...

jasmine,

can tommee tippee teats use on nuk bottle?? if yes then u can still use the bottle otherwise u can buy pigeon or piyo piyo teats to put on nuk bottles should be able to fit...

Finally got the mail from Little Gym. Still checking what is the maximum babies we can fit into their place.

Package for Little Gym:

The Little Gym Awesome Birthday Bash

The Bash is scheduled is as follows:

The Little Gym of Singapore West @ Forum: Sundays from 4:30pm to 7:00pm.

The Little Gym of Singapore East @ Marina Square: Saturdays from 5:00pm to 7:30

Basic Package for 20 children includes:

• 20 The Little Gym Invitations

• 20 The Little Gym Balloons

• 20 The Little Gym Lootbags (loot not included)

• 20 nametags

• 1 The Little Gym Backpack for the celebrant

• exclusive use of The Little Gym for 2 ½ hours: first 15 minutes shall be for registration and free play in the gym; 45 minutes of instructor-lead age-appropriate games and activities; 1 1/2 hour in the multi-purpose area for candle-blowing, gift-giving and meal, and clean-up time. Usually, we advise parents to state on the inviation that the party ends at 6:30pm. This is to allow for half hour for packing up, or to act as buffer time for some parents who may be late at picking up their children

Fees and Discounts:

Basic Party Package: S$750.00

Extra children in excess of 20: S$35.00 / child

The Little Gym Members are eligible to 10% discount. You can join us as a member for an annual membership fee of $55, and enjoy the 10% discount immediately.

Additional Information:

Instructors will be leading the activities in the gym at a 1:10 teacher-to-children ratio.

Meals and cake are not part of the amenities provided in the package, but we do allow and have space for caterers to provide the meals.

As for the party activities held inside the gym, we do try to cater the activities to the majority of the children. For children below the age of 3, they must be accompanied by an adult for safety purposes.There will be pockets of free play time for the children, but most part of the activities will be instructor-led, with some elements of gymnastics included (extent will depend on age of the children as well).

Hort Park

- function room for 50 pax peak period rental is $275 for 4 hours.

- Halal catering about $12 per adult

- For kids, if we have even number, we can split to half price

- No decor included

eeyore,

TT one can't fit in nuk one. thanks for the advice. but the nuk bottle i bought is not the classic type, not sure can fit or not.

cheekrene,

little gym package seems to be quite pricey. not including meals. if choose hort park, can rent those big toys for kids to play.

Sunflower, must suck after e spray meh? My pd din tell me leh.. He said e mucus must either go up n out or down.. Said since former is more uncomfortable, wait for it to go down also can.. Did u use that before? My gal seems to be swallowing e sea water as I can hear swallowing sound.. Not sure if I spray too much? But after e spray she feels better.. After 5-6 hrs nose blocks again.. Sigh..

Glamglam, alamak.. I kept my gal in lying position leh.. No wonder she sounds like swallowing something.. Might be sea water or e mucus! Alamak... Thanks!

Sunflower, as I need to take care of my bb 24/7, e gp give me nasal spray for my runny nose last time coz he scares I drowsy then dangerous to take care of bb..

Bakaholic, jasmine.. Lol.. I thought e same as jasmine.. 4days in a row n wait n see.. Coz I read fr somewhere if we give in small quantity, e allergy might not be triggered that fast.. If it is 1 day then the rest of 4 days give plain cereal?

Mvh

Yes I used it once.. But that time my boy only 2 mths, so also spray on lying position , then quickly use mouth to suck out .. He also got swallow some

Gymboree (Harbourfront)

- 1.5hrs birthday package is $370 for 10 children (inclusive of the birthday child).

- charge only $15 per additional child.

- Each child will receive a free Gymboree class voucher worth $40, and a gymboree balloon at the end of the party.

- birthday package do not include any food and drinks, you may however source for outside caterer. we encourage finger food and packet drinks for the kids. We do not allow any liquors or beers.

- can accommodate up to 40 babies. However, we have to limit up to 2 adults only to accompany each child.

By the way, there is a vacant slot on the 9th July (Sat). However, the earliest party time available is at 5pm.

Hi all...

Have some very bad times last week due to work.. Dark clouds seemed to clear but thing is, i have tendered. Need help from you all, i have the below considerations to let off..

1) lazy to look for another job

2) already sort of master this job

3) working hours and location

4) salary

Which i'm considering whether to "take back" my resignation letter. On another note, i have this worry that will ppl gossip here and there and the fear of rejection by my direct superior, as far as i understand they have started seeking for candidates.

What do you all think?

Cheekrene: i have friso, actually i don't mind selling it cheap...

I get back on the calculation of budget for first birthday bash.

sunflower,

give me the estimated of the customised tees.

Birthday cakes / cupcakes:

help me source. I need to sum up everything.

penguin_88,

stay put if u think current job allow u to flexible to juggle between work n baby

work familiar rather than new plc.

n new employer might not flexible (take leave easily etc)..

no harm try to ask ur superior. gd luck

penguin 88 where do u stay? i m also in tiong bahru heee...

by the way, i sort of run thru the post n realise one of u wanted to feed honey!!!!

DO NOT, COS HONEY CAUSES BOTULISM

i hv quit... the only think i miss is the money and the air-con... i guess heee... joke aside but some parts of the work as well... but its time to look forward. mvh is my idol... don't think i can bf 17.5 months but i am going to try for a year.

my son dove down my bed and spend sunday in kkh... hope he is alright.

Hi Evelyn,

Thanks for your advice.. I will make a proper decision before letting my superior know..

Scooby: have i added you in fb? Pm me your email[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i have scanned through some of the baby's cereal and there seemed to have one that has honey added? Hmm botulism sounds scary.. Yup main thing i'm worried is financial problems.. I will try and look for jobs nearer to my place. So are you SAHM? Dear, seemed like some bbies have been acting super-babies recently. Hope he is alright after the fall[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My gal juz vomit her milk feed n medicine after swallowing some of e sea water.. Think she tries to cough it out n everything in her stomach comes out. Should I feed her medicine again say 1 hr later?

Scooby, I bf for 22.5 months for #1 but mensus come at 17.5 months after delivery.. Actually, I think cyn bf even longer.. Think 28 months? Lol.. So u can change idol Liao.. Anyway, think Shay also bf till conceive #3, can't remember e actual duration le.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Penguin, if u think u can stay on n dun mind ppl gossip (coz definitely ppl will gossip) then go ask yr boss la.. I think they also wanna save the hassle to find ppl n retrain..

Back