(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

Mezzo,

I love to but 29 Jan Jeph have a birthday party at Go-Go-Bambini from 10a-12p leh. Another weekend? I would love to try it, go for a trial before I decide on the party.

Jenn

lets wait for feb calendar and we can go together.im niao the pineapple tart class is more ex than regular class $53.50 haha gold pineapple tarts? think even mroe ex than those hotel pineapple tarts :p

Mezzo

Ok. I am not a big fan of pineapple tarts anyway. My sis knows how to make them so maybe can bring my boy to my sis place to learn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I prefer cookies, cupcakes, brownies. Think more fun for kids cos they can decorate them.

Jenn

Same here. My sis can make pineapple tarts and i also thinking maybe bring ash there to help out haha...

their cupcakes and brownies not bad. Even the oreo cheesecake looks ugly (those tat A made) but very yummy. Ok lets KIV for feb then

Rabbit, chevrons looks not bad. The website says can book a max of 2 chalets max 6 months in advance leh. If u need to book 3 chalets, how? R u going for 3d2n or 2d1n? I wonder if 2d1n will be too rush.

xiao_xiin, make my bro to go find another NS man to book lor.. yaya 6 mths in advance which is next mth.. i opt for 2d1n.. the 1st nite will be the celebration.. next day can R&R a short while then go back lor.. no need to spend so much time to stay there lah.. is in sg anyway.. hahaha..

Jenn

My suggestion for your 4yo party: your function room!!! Save the money to hire a balloon sculpturist n a magic show event company. Get in popcorn machine n the traditional ice cream vendor. Hv a candy floss station n let the bigger kids twirl their candy floss. A coloring set to be given to the bigger kids for them to play n fish food for them to bloat the fishes. Smaller children can get a little bag with baby puff n little rattle.

Then your party can hv a theme - under the sea! So kids hv to come in costume. Magic show can be half an hr before the cake cutting n then followed by some games- the event organizer can handle that. Then parents can mingle around n chit chat.

I believe the kids will be very occupied with the toys n balloons n ice cream. Quite fun n at ur plc somemore, tired already can just bring bb back home rest.

Cath

Do you have an event organizer to recommend? Also where to hire a good balloon sculpturist (must do those more complex ones not just the usual poodle) and popcorn, candy floss and ice crean vendor?

Hahaha.... maybe you can be my event organizer ;)

Rabbit, usu 10am gotta check out already. So 2nd day, wake up, eat breakfast, pack up can leave liao. For aranda, sat n sun have to be booked together. chevrons dunno need or not hor. 3d2n aranda is quite expensive. Dunno if I shd look for mummy to share, one person take one night. Party deco can be shared also. Just that the mummy using it for the first night must be help to tidy up before handing over. Good idea hor? Jojo, you interested to share or not? Hahaha!!

Jenn

No prob. Am getting the balloon sculptress contacts from my friend now. She is great - can do beetle that is a wristband, robot, spaceship, flower as wristband, hat, and a lot more. U will sure be amazed. Last year she charges my friend some $80 per hour and the kids are crazy over the balloons. She made them real fast too so the hour is worth. My friend extended another hour.

Popcorn candy floss - hmmm i've seen the contacts on the forum. Hee u probably need to google. I think you can approach the kacang puteh man as well- bet it will be a great hit too. Can u imagine - how wonderful that will be?

Be your event org? Hee.. Don't want la.. Can help u to liaise with some suppliers but can't be organizer. not up to it.. Oh ya, if u need helium balloons to float n deco the function rm, do let me know- I hv contacts- the supplier will inflate them at the venue. But not those fanciful arches n display. I don believe in those. Cos I think balloons when floated are the most dreamy.

With the little one ard, it s best to do the party at ur house function room cos everyone will be tired out after the party.

Lin I dun feel anything under the gums lei, been asking pd if bb is teething but she say no lei.. I Duno wats wrg he keeps waking so many times n so hard to put him back to bed.. Will start crying n screaming when I put him back in cot.. End up gotta sit propped up on bed, carry him n wait for half to one hr then put bk in cot.

Xiaoxin I called clinic to chk, they asked me to cont the iron. Brown to black poo is ok, unless if constipate then need to bring to see pd.. Haha share aranda suite ar.. I agar agar got a venue in mind le lei, function rm at a new place my family's getting.. Bt Duno if it's taken already or not.. U all v hardworking lei, so fast prep bday party already! I so bz at work this mth lei.. R keep waking up at nite to tekan me somemore..

Cath,

I keen in the balloon sculptress contact too! My ger cc parent actually did all those fanciful wristbands type balloons n all the kids hv one.. My ger end up got an octopus was so impressed!

Jojo,

No harm put some dentinox if it's indeed teething pain. No flu or anything rite? Cos if flu hard for bb to zzz cos nose blocked. Maybe overstimulated if go out??

Dear Ladies,

I have a tin of unopen 400g Similac follow-on formula, stage 2 for babies above 6 months. It is a sample compliment from Abbott, expiry date is 09/05/2012. As my baby is on Friso 2, I would like to exchange it with someone who has Friso 2.

Please PM me if you want to exchange. Thank you.

Jenn, the suite is just an apartment with two bedrooms, a big living/dining n a kitchenette. Fully air con. Ground floor unit is more convenient for BBQ. Catering tables can be placed along the corridor.

http://www.arandaclub.org.sg/Contents/index.aspx?id=ARANDA_EXECUTIVE_SUITE

my hubby say he dun wanna share with other mummy. $600-$700 for 2 night stay is a bit too expensive. I rather share n split cost n spend money on deco n cake n photography. Arbo we can just book from Friday to sat which is 2d1n n have the party on Friday night. Another plan is to book chevrons as back up for changi resort as chevrons penalty is only 15% which amounts to $30+ only.

Jojo, i see... Function room is good.

Cath, I like the idea of floating helium balloons with pretty long ribbons too. share contact k? The one I ordered for zz's full month no standard one. Give me lousy small balloons, with cheapo ugly ribbons, delivered in the late morning, by evening the balloons already half dropping. Feel so cheated. Psss, I ordered from bp.

Xiao Xiin

Just book 2 nights lah. Like you say can rest and relax a bit machiam vacation mah.

Cath

After your suggestion, I am so torn! My hubby not keen to have party in Function Room cos have to coordinate everything ourshelves like contacting the candy floss, ice cream individually. In typical Patrick fashion, he just wanna pay, the kids have a blast, can mess up the place as much as they want,then leave. No worries about cleaning up etc. But if held at my Function Room, can celebrate my didi's birthday also lor tho didi doesn't have his own friends! Wahahaha....

xiao_xiin, then just pack up and go home lor.. depends how you think lah.. because i planning to bring bb to club med bali in apr to celebrate hubby's bday.. i would rather spend on holidaying than in jurong chalet.. haha..

btw, anyone been to club med bali before?

Cath,

U can be a event organiser or parties!! So many ideas!

For magician and balloon sculpturist can consider this http://www.creamofmaestro.com/

My friend Derrick is super good with kids! When they bring their kids over to play he will blow some balloon

Even manage to blow up something like cot mobile to hang over my bb playpen. Haha!

Jenn, my thinking same as rabbit. Downtown east got nothing to play. I still gotta worry for my dog for another night. Aiya, my hubby's old problem is back again. Not happy with aranda, changi resort n chevrons. Take out his iPhone, go to google n tell me hort park has function room. He thinks his one min of research is more extensive n comprehensive than my one month of research. He shd just leave things to me n help me out as n when I need to seek a second opinion. Not re-do everything that I have already done. We dun need to go thru the research process a second time.

Wow! Im seeing all the posts. Im gettin stress lor. Lol!

Its nice to haf a gd party to enjoy so me havin headache where to hold it at.

Aranda country club

Pic lOoks nice but hor, went to my cuz bday party and the place looks run down. Same goes for alOha costa sands. I doubt will have the balloon sculpting and all tt. Will juz create my own games and ask sumone to execute it. AlsO create sum lucky draws and all tt. Juz my thoughts...

Damn stressful! Lol!!! And i tot i was the only one who is too early to plan. Hehe...

After the last posts abt premature bb passed away etc, these stories put my mind in perspectve. I was thinkin best to make sure everyone enjoys thrmselves. No need so fanciful as long everyone is happy. Ive alsp learn to appreciate life better. Anyone feels the same way as i do?

Xiao Xiin

Your hubby holds a high position at work? Thus maybe he is used to making decisions only and not executing the work. It's ok lah. You just reasearch Hort Park abit lor to make him happy. Don't fight over such things ok? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

XiaoXin- Y nt both of u pick 2 places each den go view them n c which 1 both lyk most. Dun point quarreling over tis trivial matters. Treat it as a family excursion to look for party venue ba.

Juz went to view e CC for my #1. He love it so much n simply refused to leave. Feeling so emotional now tat my boy haf grown up to b independent.

Jenn

our babies will be your jake's frens lor :p

Xiaoxiin

if your hubby have so much opinons then leave it to him to settle? can try jacob ballas also. they have a function area where u can use it for bdae celebrations for a few hours. Will be nice and the kids/babies can play at the garden

Hah bliss

Ya I love to organize events. The kacang puteh man & ice cream man is something I wish to do for the longest time but hmmm $$ constraint- can't do. Even the kacang puteh paper can be customized to the birthday theme.

Koaru

The balloon sculptress - sure, can forward the contacts to u. Hv SMS to jenn already. I'll pm u. The floating balloon wise: he used to charge $100 for 100 balloons with metallic colour- can choose n come with silver glitter strips. But usually latex balloon can only last for abt 5 hrs. He can pump up any foil balloons if u hv , just that u ll hv lesser latex balloons, which I think is fine too.

Jenn

U can get an event org to help with games n performance. As for the balloons , just liaise one time can Liao. Actually more fun at ur place. Last time , kor kor jayden's party, we even brought tv Fr our house to play a slideshow on how tough his growing up is, plus a Wii for the kids n teenage to be entertained. slideshow, some of my friends was so touched that they tear. So I think the slideshow is a must for the first party. It makes it more meaningful for the guests who attended it.

Oh jenn

There's this playplace at kallang too- called peekaboo. It caters to small toddlers and bigger kids, u may like to check it out. But small place.

Mezzo

I know all the babies here are Jake's friends. But not quite the same as having his own friends like Jeph. Like Jeph now has his own friends, can tell me who he wants to invite to his party. You know what I mean right? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cath

Thanks for your suggestions. You can be part-time party coordinator. So many wonderful ideas!

Will try to talk to my hubby and see what he says. He is the one paying after all ;)

cath

great suggestions! im planning to do the slideshow for my boy..didnt manage to do for my gal so this time wanna give all out for it. my gal's first bday i was preg wit my boy so certain things i close one eye cos starting first tri keep vomiting lorr

Jenn, he's in management. I dunno high or not la. But at home he is the CEO like wad missbluey said. Hahaha!

Mummy2nia, hort park nice but come at a price lor. His mood seems better today n erm... Agree with wadever i say. So currently I have 2 back up plans. it's going to be changi resort or chevrons or aranda, in this order of preference. Aiyo so kiasu... Anyway, it's just a venue, not the most impt.

Hi mummies

anyone wants the following? wanted to sell but no one wants to buy so giving it out free lah cos I'm stopping already. Going back to work in 3 weeks time...so sad.

) GnMA Green and Mother BreastMilk Storage Double Zipper Pack 200ml 30pc in a pack but left 21 pcs.

2) Natures' Way Fenugreek 610mg 180 capsules(Expiry Date: Jul 2015) - Opened in mid November 2010 and left ~120 capsules.

Self collection at Boon Lay or Lakeside MRT. Other places can be discussed since I'm still on leave.

Pls PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

lol! yah, i noe it comes wit a price but it is a nice place...nvm lah, watever it is as long the guests enjoy themselves..im always deciding on the place..damn pissed with myself, still cant decide the venue...juz feel like doin at home onli..

Cath

For my dad's 80th birthday, my hubby also brought our spare TV to the Function so that all the teens can play xbox on it! The mommies are all not so pleased cos the teens were all so anti-social! And my poor nephew (22yo) single-handed carry the 32" tv from my apt to the Function Room. Poor boy was panting and arms were squivering... Hahaha....

Xiao Xiin

No wonder lah! That's why he wants to make decision all the time mah. Work hazard [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My hubby is the opp, he wants me to make all decision on the home front. So on the very few things that he wants to decide, like my kids' education, he can be quite adamant about it.

This year went by so quickly! A bit bitter sweet to know that my babies are growing up so quickly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jenn

Ya the 32 inch is so heavy n too small. I'm gonna borrow projector n mobile screen Fr my company.

Mummy2

Oh another thing that I hv done for kor kor jay first party is I hv sort of wrapped a notebook with his picture n ask all guest to pen down their wishes n thoughts for him to read in 5 years time. I wrote a page long for him too to remind him that no matter how future turns out to be , he should be courageous. It would be great if there's paroloid camera to stick on a photo of the guest writing that. So at least he will know who is who when he grows up. Cos when they are 1yo, they still can't remember much.

After the event, I collate his pictures and made them into a photobook. I can't do scrapbooking but designing on the comp seems easier for me. Not too ex- around $60 for a book of 40 pages. U can put in as many as 9 pics in a page.

We did quite a lot for Jay's party. From being the first to use the clubhouse for party, to decor, games, slideshow, doorgifts for kids n adults. N even a speech to thank the guests. It's just like a wedding lunch. But we enjoyed to the bits.

I don think I'll do as much for bbG. Partly bbG does not hv much a story to tell as compared. N 2 kids are simply madness.

Mummy2, that means ur 2 kids are just abt 1.5yrs apart?

Xiao xiin

I don like Hortpark eh. Cos ex n nothing much. Plus in June, should be v hot ba. My office is near there n we always hv an impression that the plc is scorching hot on afternoons except these months though.

I rather the go go bambini - cos more entertaining n no need to clean up. Is there a place called JWT at east coast? That's a great place too. V spacious.

Shall we hv a June babies mega birthday bash ? We could do it at one of the play gym.

Hi Ladies,

Can I ask,

1) How many times a day are you feeding your babies solids?

2) What solids are you feeding them?

For me, I'm feeding once a day, but thinking of moving to 2x a day... is that too much? He's coming to 7 months by the end of the week. Also, I'm feeding him cereal and vegetables/fruits, but both sets of grandparents are bugging me to feed him porridge and egg.

Dot, my gal juz started replacing one of her milk feed with solid (porridge) a day, but one of her milk feed we also mixed in cereal.

On egg, i was advised by e polyclinic nurse to start oni egg whites when bb is 9mths.. I tink egg yolk must wait till 1yr old..

dot

my boy at 7mth still on 1 cereal feed in mid morning and i think 1 apple puree feed in evening.

i think if you willing to wait, can don need to start porridge so early maybe about 8-9mths.

coz i'm a lazy mum.. trying to delay as i think cereal is so easy to prepare!!

you can already start mixing puree to the cereal oredi

i think my boy loves Pumpkin and apple puree.

and my MIL feedback that he prefer the apples to be steamed then feeding directly.. i think when you steam the apple, is sweeter, not that sourish

Dot

I also same as you.. Only one cereal feed iat ard 10am, tried to intro in afternoon but he doesn't want to eat.. So shall stick to one feed first and still sticking to cereal since I bot it alr anyway!! Heh

Cath

I'm onz for mega Bb bash!! Where where?? Must book venue alr? By that time they know how to walk alr? Can play well?? Cos if still need to carry n b w mummy, then no pt having a play area w equipment that they can't use?

Trisha mummy

Can I have the fenugreek pls? Ss been dropping after all the holidays =(

zinc, I am having school reopening blues too. Was in school the whole day for AGM till 5 plus and I picked baby up from IFC at ard 6.... then it struck me that its going to be like that almost everyday SOON... and the time I have with baby is sooo limited cos he sleeps super early lah!

Sigh......so not used to it...

Feeding Solids

My boy is takes a feed of cereal + puree at ard 1030- 11am. Sometimes I give him avocado puree in the evening around 6plus..

My boy loves his food. He is always screaming to ask me to feed him more quickly or give him more. -.-"

Hope

By then some can walk a little n some will still crawl. But at the playgym , there will be facilitators to bring them to play seats hanging on a rope, mega swing with many babies on it to train them on balancing. Bars that help them hold while play. Parents will still need to be ard. I'll go check out some play gym on how much they cost.

xiao_xin, i think you should go down take a look ba.. i drop by twice at chevrons.. changi chalet also nice.. but too bad my parents and inlaws are staying in the west.. so chevrons is more convenient for them..

these chalets are hot properties at sch holidays...

Cath,

I think that's a gd idea to hv it in the indoor gym Tho not sure Wat the package entails- I ever went for a free trial at JWT at east coast near katong area but that was 2 yrs back! Do u think u can SMS me the contact again cos din get yr pm still. I pm u oredi, TIA!

Zoie,

at least u still hv so called break during the holidays tho I know it's packed wif all sorta activities, unlike us can at most take 1 day or 2 here n there. Wat to do!

Xiao xiin,

So the trick is to make sure yr hubby in gd mood b4 u present yr case!!

mummies, need some advice.. i suspect i have yeast infection.. been monitoring for 2-3 weeks liao.. if go gynae there waiting time damm long.. GP should be able to do the job right? i am scare that the med given is not going to be bf friendly.. haiz..

I'm on for mega birthday bash! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rabbit, yeast infection can go GP, dun need to go all e way go gynea. Dats what my sis always do.

dot,

my bb is on 2 solids feed liao - once about 11am & the other around 5.30pm.

i can say, he loves his cereal but porridge, still ok lah. abit struggle @ times. i start 2x per day cuz he isn't really drinking well, always have leftover. now he drinks only 180ml the most but that is usually the midnight feed. daytime drink about 150ml.

btw, i don't start on egg so early de.

xiao xiin,

haha!! so your solution is to make your hubby happy & you can do your presentations. =DD

Back