(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

Raleign

Ok asked Liao- Gynae said can jab flu jab / hep b jab during bf-ing but can't take chicken pox jab cos chic pox is live virus. Hope this helps.

re: diapers

i find nepia gd as in it has mamy poko's width and pampers' length but somehow i just din continue using it. overnight, i found that the wet diaper stink the next morning. all other brands i use overnight din seem to have the smell or at least not so strong the next morning. plus, i find nepia print not very attractive.

aft using huggies, mamy poko, pampers, nepia, goon and a few samples of other brands, my preferences now are mamy poko and goon but for the price, it will be mamy poko. fyi, giant now having the $20.65 per pack promo again.

cath,

ya loh, most ppl will cook dinner around that timing. sometimes if my nanny's family is at home, still okay. at least someone can help to carry my boy. if no one ard, she will wait till i pick up bb and she faster cooks dinner for her family. that makes me very paiseh.

xiaoxin, enjoy your bintan trip there.. also, u so cute. go there to relax one but u can still think of diapers. hahah.

Raleigh, endure!!

rabbit: ur not alone.. my bb also still wakes up for milk..

working:

im working too.. and i can get to bed only earliest at 11+. if bb good mood, she sleep 10+.

cath, me too sahm but everyday i only have 5-6 hours of sleep.. cant nap too.. very tiring

jenn,i also wonder why i sooo bz!!haa

Re : Mastitic (Breast Infection)

Any mommies got it before? I was diagnosed with mastitic, it started on tue with chill and fever up to 38.9. My left nn was sore and have shooting pain.

My qn is can we still latch on the infected nn? My GP said to stop for the moment but the other nn is the one with lower yield. My gal like not enough to drink, she will struggle and pull very hard while nursing. I am on antibiotic for 5 days until this Sunday.

Actually on tue when my fever start, I still latch her on the infected nn and she LS 4-5 times. And on Wed, 2 times in the morning. Once I stop latching her the infected nn, her diarrhoea stop.

Actually I did some research online and most sites say to continue to nurse even the infected site. But why the diarrhoea neh? Coincidently, last sat, my gal went for her 3mth injection and upon the PD recommendation, we also gave our gal the rotavirus vaccine which is mouth fed...

My question is that will the "bateria" from the rotavirus entered my nn and caused mastitic as I fed her immediately after we left the clinic. And the side I latch her is the one that just recovered from block duct... sorry if I may sound silly...

Actually now I find staying at home quite manageable leh.

Morning wake up wash face, quick breakfast n express. Then bathe bb n confine him in playpen while I quick shower. By this time he shd be crying already so I gotta entertain him until he is hungry n tired then I will latch him n he will sleep. Then I will wash pump n cook for my dog n wash dishes. Then do laundry n as much housework as I can. when bb cries, I gotta attend to him. Otherwise just pia housework. Usu by 4-5pm he will be wide awake. I will entertain him until abt 630 then bathe him again. When papa comes home we have dinner, cook dog's dinner, wash dishes n bb will sleep. N then express, watch tv, wash pump, shower n I will turn in by 10.30pm.

The key is to prepare for bedtime early so everyone gets to sleep early. Early bedtime bath, early dinner, early bedtime expressing will help to end the day early. So do get your caregivers to help bathe bb before bb goes home. N it helps a lot when bb go to bed early. Oherwise, parents have to take turns to tc of bb. Means one less pair of helping hands.

I'm actually working more than 14hrs a day excluding night duty n I dun get lunch break tea break. My hubby still can complain to me he has no time to rest after he comes home from work. Just bcos I ask him to jaga bb while I pump. Hubbies!!!

Elise I go free n easy. I agree diaso pet sheets r cheapest n best quality!! I'm using the small one, also cost 25cents per

sheet. The diaso rubber toys hor, I throw them away after the toy news came out. Their stuff toys material not very good, only a few cmi. I like to buy their flea comb for combing face hair. The pink scissors also not bad, use it to trim my dog's paw pad fur.

angelbliss: i dont have it.. but what i mostly read in d net, to cont breastfeeding and drink more water than normal.most imptly, to rest..

dont think so la the rotavirus entered ur nn.. coz mastitis is caused by blocked ducts/engorgement/ cracked nipples..

then again, i'm not a doc.. better ask the experts.

Angelbliss, I got breast inflammation b4. Ya continue to latch. In fact, latch more on the infected side. Rem to massage as well for it to clear. Advised by mt A LC.

Cath, ur iphone4 you need to go back to Singtel Commcentre. they will replace you 1. Iphone no repair one... is 1 to 1 exchange if within warranty. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenn

thanks for sharing! i think i will wait a few weeks and try it out too, because now #1 is quite insecure since he started sch < 1 month ago. recently he doesnt need me to pat him to sleep so i think that's a good start!

Jenn

thanks for sharing! i think i will wait a few weeks and try it out too, because now #1 is quite insecure since he started sch < 1 month ago. recently he doesnt need me to pat him to sleep so i think that's a good start!

What if he says he wants to sleep with you leh?

Cranky bb after his 4th mth 2nd 6-in-1 n rota today... feed him paracetamol via syringe n all spilt up.. eeks!! But he is at a healthy 7.5kg n 65.5cm now

but mommy is down wif LS after gotten a chill n fever 2 days back... n lost another kg!

Xiao Xiin,

I am trying to cut another pump cos planning to stop bf at 6 mths or earlier. Kena blocked ducts 3 times in a wk until I a bit scared but last time I took medi to stop so thot to stop gradually so now pump out 250ml each time n supplement wif fbm.. shld be juz nice.

I am quite lucky to hv a bb sleep fr 8pm+ thru 6/7am+ but I still feel lethargic leh so I deduce muz be old age [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey mummies, wat time does ur bb sleep?

my bb usually takes a short nap after the 7pm feed and wakes up again at 9+, 10pm for the next feed. then after this feed, will play a while before going back to sleep again. is that considered to have turned in late? haha. maybe shld latch on for that 10pm feed so that she straightaway sleep for the night...

then still wakes up in the middle of the nite for feeds. *yawn*

my working day starts at about 7am or so when i wake up to express and i usually finish the housework n last express of the day at about 11pm, then watch abit of tv n surf the internet... usually already 12mn when i go to sleep

Jenn,

ha.. We r doing that to #2 now.. after bath a quick goodbye kiss n put in cot in his room. But for #1 a bit hard cos coming to 3yos but she fell asleep quite easily so I juz lie next to her like abt 10min tho chances r I might doze off earlier than her lol! I miss the days when I can juz zzz thru morning w/o hving to worry abt pumping n engorgement.. Soon soon

Thanks Xiao Xiin and Irma for sharing. Actually that's what I tot also to feed more especially on the infected side. But because of the LSs and GP told me to temp stop (actually I didnt tell my GP my gal got LS)...Maybe I will try again to latch on the infected side and see if she still LS.

working mummies:

i usually go to sleep about late 10ish cuz my last pump @ about 10pm. latest 11pm.

but very tired leh, only 5hrs slp nia, somemore in btwn got "break". -.-"

Angelbliss, me also kenan Mastitis b4 but mine more serious. Mine got pus inside my left breast and need surgery to remove the hard lump. As my milk kenan 'contaminated' by the pus, Doc advised me not to feed my baby with the milk that was pumped from the affected breast. Hope yours not as serious as mine.

brambles: my bb like urs.. nap abt 7.. then wake up.. 10, latest 11 plus, go back to sleep..

sometimes she sleep 12am! *yawn*

angelbliss: :D ur welcome.. take care ok. :D

missbluey: eh u took 5in1 also.. same2.. how much u paid cash that time? one time payment right? erm.. wait, u did at poly? mine singhealth@Geylang

irma, hehe... if she still not asleep by 12am, then i 'piak' her backside. haha. she usually sleeps by 10+, then i will go express, sterilise and do a bit of housework b4 resting. but i still need to wake up for at least 1 nite feed.

missbluey, my timing same as you. bb sleeps between 10-10.30pm. last feed at abt 9.30pm. after that i pump and wash up.. go sleep.

today 2nd day of work, i am already feeling damm zombie.

brambles, my bb nap 10-15 mins in between other wise she will gets cranky. i think you should try to rest early. probably got to cut off 'me' time liao. i dont dare to drag too long to sleep, after bb slept. try to grab as much rest time as possible. because once a while bb chu pattern and wakes up more than once.

irma,

ya i took 5in1 @ polyclinic. one time payment $320. rotarix paid separately $90 per dose.

rabbit,

my bb slp earlier than me abt 8pm+. no matter how he slp late, he will still wake up & drink.

like last night, he woke up 3x! 12, 2 & 6! it was like as if he knew i wasnt working today. -.-"

ss:

i realised i can pump more @ hmo compared than @ work.

missbluey, maybe your bb is trying to test if wake up 3x, see whether can keep you at home or not.. haha..

i think we should set up a zombie club!

Rabbit

Lolx. Zombie club! Cfm alot of members! All living dead~

Bluey

Same lo. At Hm pump cfm more den pumpin during wrk. My pump at ofc today was like 80ml den I keep using hand expression finally hit 120ml!

Dec Xmas gathering

Hw is it coming along?

Xiaoxin

Dun worry too Much tml. Ur mil sure haf her ways to care for bb. Enjoy n relax for ur trip!

Halo mummies

Looks like most mummies have started working liao..

It has been a real struggle for me too.. Since hubby also not around (he is away on training), It is really difficult for me to juggle my both kids and work.. Lucky i have a helper to help me so far with the housework and all..

Like yesterday I was working from 9.30am till 9.30pm.. By the time I reached home was abt 10ish.. By #2 was already sound asleep.. ;(

Thus I bring my number to make her sleep.. After making her sleep I take my shower and prepared my stuff for work the next day.. Gave #2 his milk at 12 plus and by the time I hit my bed was abt 1.. was super shagged.. Usually my #25 will sleep till abt six plus.. but dunno what happened yesterday he woke up at 3 plus and when I went over to see wassup he was giving me his biggest smile and was wide awake whist I could not even open my eyes..

So I carried him coz I missed him and brought him to the living room and he seemed hungry so I fed him milk and thot that he will fall asleep after that but our fren decides to poo poo *faints* (which is very rare also).. So after cleaning him up and all I was making him sleep and just as he was dozing off my #1 wakes up and starts crying for me..

Arrgh.. by the time I settle both of them already 6ish and my alarm rings an hour later.. And here am I at wotk for another 12hr shift...

Hope tonight is a better night.. I feel like a zombie now.. Yawnz !!

But nothing beats the feeling of the sweetest smile I got from my son and the 'I Love u mummy' I got from my daughter..

Nothing beats being a mum !! Jia You to all mummies !!

Missbluey,

Our bb can hi-5 in terms of size.. how much does yr bb drink in a day? Those times he wake up at 2am it's also full feed? If poss, tank up during 7am - 11pm timeframe unless yrs small drinker than Bo bian cos they need that much to grow.

rabbit... ya, when i'm really zombified, i head to sleep right after i'm done with the chores. else, the short 'me' time i hv is really for me to wind down n relax a bit before sleeping.

btw... i eat chocolates to keep myself awake when i find myself dozing off at my workstation. hehe.

Brambles, chocolates everyday?!! Cannot la, so unhealthy.

Last time my bb also drag until 12mn then sleep. Nearly called him Cinderella. Then I tried to cut down his afternoon nap, let him stay awake after 4-5pm until bedtime. For a few times he can sleep from 8+pm. Sometimes he will wake up then my hubby will have to jaga. Then I'll latch him at 10+ n sleep with him. I'm not sure if he wakes up to be fed in the middle of the night bcos I dream latch at night. Haha!! I think last night he only ask for milk ard 5+am. My bb doesn't have a fixed schedule but his pattern is abt there. I just try my best to manipulate it. I cannot stop him from napping but I can control his nap duration.

Kaoru, y u want to stop bf?

rabbit, wat comfort food huh?

xiao xin... eh, ya. unhealthy n fattening! but not every day lah. sometimes i munch biscuits or go for a walk around the office.

btw... anyone's BM is 'thinning'? mine is getting a bit diluted. i wonder if it's cuz i've returned to work.

brambles: choc? *raise eyebrows* i think i gonna be super fat...! haha. no offence ok.. but yeah, i tend to doze off also sometimes..

Xiao Xiin,

cos I dun latch bb so feel meaningless to hving to pump n pump.. n hving to manage a sticky #1 plus blocked ducts n now ill - if not for my hubby n mil helping me, I sure ko long time liao. When I told dr Ivan I plan to stop he also immed ask me not to... Phowaa. Anyway see how long my body take to drop ss..

Dun worry n hv fun @ bintan!

Brambles,

no leh except for morning one seems the same to me

Dianajs

That's real tough. ESP with the 2 kids waking up one after another. Ya nothing beats a big hug Fr my toddler n a big smile Fr the baby.

brambles, like tea.. i love to drink milk tea.. every since i preggy, i cut down alot.. but still takes once every 2-3 days.. it does give me some energy boost. haha...

kaoru, your supply so good, dont stop lah. guess what i pump 4 times can only yield abt 650ml + 1 latch for nite feed. i still continue lah. i hope i can preserve. not enough EBM, i will give FBM lor. haha..

Dianajs,

wah I think if that happened to me I wouldnt have gone to work already....

Zombie club

you can count me in too.. esp the funny things you can do when you are half asleep... my colleagues has been laughing at the funny things I do at my state of sleepawakeness.. keke

diana: same! only thing that keep me going when reach home, see bb's smile and laugh.. :D

brambles: i think for me, coffee.. haha!

Mummies

Baby fair Pampers owAz gt offer rite? 3pkts for dunno hw much de. The pkt is 44pcs or 68pcs? Anybody recall?

Koaru,

Your bb sleep thru from 8+pm to 6-7+am. May I know the feeding schedule? My bb also sleep around 8+pm till next morning 6am feed. I sneak a dream feed at 11.30pm.

The rest of his day feeds r 6am, 10.30am, 3pm, 7pm. In fact, if I dun stick to these timings, he actually dun cry for milk n can tahan 12hrs no feed. Not a milk monster... He is taking 150ml for each feed.

I m getting stressed up coz he rejects milk (my elder boy has same prob too), hence should be starting bb on cereal at 4mths old. Will monitor n see how.

Cath,

Sorry for e delay. Will email u e pics asap. I m quited tied up these few days. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My baby sleeps from ard 730pm to 630am and I have a dream feed at 11pm.

Doobom, my schedule similar to yours. 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm

Back