(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

Sparkle,

Actually for my maid, she is very new in my house. I feel she was trying to make herself busy. Example when she baby is sleeping, she will go back to the kitchen, like she feel so uncomfortable in the hall. When we need her to attend to the baby, 1st thing she will lift baby up and rock, as if when she is doing something, she must be in "action", just like rocking baby.

genice, i fully latch on my baby, as long as she is hungry.

so i really dun understand why my maid act clever and gave my girl the EBM.

i will undersand if sometimes i latch on and other times i give EBM, maybe maid can get confused but i fully latch on, cannot be confusion mah!

Genice: i super envy u! can go yakun to eat bkfast.

my gal is down with flu & cough. went to Dr Low at Paragon just now. so xian, broke 1 hole in my wallet. got flu medi, cough, eye drops, cream for the face. etc etc. was itching to buy a stroller after i non-stop carried her. arms arching now.

anybody thinking of buying joining the BP? i'm quite tempted to get the Combi in pink.

Sparkle: actually not lumpier, but it become like very saggy and lesser breast milk now. originally oredi very little milk, now it became worse, i dunno why.

My little price: i assume you are still on confinement?! me too. my mum say to cut down on ginger. u still have to eat. but take in lesser amt.

Friends: i even thinking of going for a HOLIDAY TRIP for just the 2 of us, me and hubby! but i'm sure my mum would scream and shout at me for doing that! any mummies thinking of going holiday w/o kiddies around? just to take a short break.

Peck: my 'auntie' also. taking forever to clear, i thou no need to wear pads oredi, it still came. oredi 3 week plus liao. i wonder when will it totally stop. so irritating.

Jojo: you can mix all ebm together. i always mix it. thaw a little while, and place it at a hot tub of water to make the milk warm. that's what i do.

Peck, is yr bb hving difficulty in sleeping? Therefore comfort sucking to sleep but not hungry hence spit out milk? bb very smart they will associate sleep wif milk feed or rock to sleep or pacifer/comfort suck... overuse in either 1 method not too gd I feel cos over reliant.

Re : lump in breasts

I used to hv that too but slowly manage to massage out the lumps n flow is more even now tho breasts also uneven size which is normal.

If u feel not much milk express best to take a break n try later.

Now it's my boy fussy or alert time... Busy... Finally doze off in my arms! But at least he can sleep well only waking up color feeds fr 9pm+ onwards thru morning 8am+.

Handling 2 kiddo, I am trying to get my boy sleep by 9pm so I can still spend some time wif #1 before she sleeps by 10pm - but downside is my boy ends up waking twice at night for milk feeds at 1am+ n 5am... which I am quite used to now - hopefully can increase milk slowly n he can drop 1 feed at nite soon

elise.. i thto ur confinement ending soon?? Dun envy.. soon u can do it.U haven got stroller yet?? Go get it, now when i go out either use sling or stroller, my boy is pretty heavy now arms will sure break. I actually like the Uk brand one.. looks quite easy to handle.. remember dun buy heavy pram, get something comfortable to push, i will get another maclaren quest soon .. like maclaren strollers easy to push and small, flipr side is it topple behind with no baby inside and if u hang things

7 wk plus: my boy weighs 5.8 kg!! how heavy are ur kids?? At 1 mth old, he already weigh 4.6 kg. Just now when i took lift,one guy even thot he was 3-4 mths old.

koaru, i thot ur hb help to put 1 to bed? Normally i will sleep with #1 first, now we sleep very early too 9 plus go in room, read till 10 odd then sleep and after that i have to wake up to pump.

My bb keep waking up during nap time in e day like chua tio.. My mum suggest me getting a yaolan saying bb can sleep longer in one.. Really??? If it is I'll zoom down to buy one! Then if sleep in yaolan nd to transfer out to cot after bb fall asleep??

Peck, mayb ur bb got wind in tummy so v uncomfortable.. U tried ru yi you?

Missbluey, oh no, better seperate them as much as u can since u got mil n maid to help. I think my ger one is juz flu n cough cos she even managed to cough out some phlegm which is greenish..

Elise, hope yr bb recovers soon - poor thing to fall sick si young

cath, I am watching that too every sun!

my lochia still a bit at 6 wks lor - but at least can use smaller pad

Genice, I wanna eat ya kun too.. But hv mac for bfast so not complaining too much. After hearing all the rant abt hubby I think I am very lucky cos my hubby very hands on n even more particular than me when it comes to cleaning his big poo. Does yr bb poo a lot at 1 go? Mine can do his big biz but so much until can overflow a rather empty pampers... but he only poos now like 1-2 times unlike my ger can poo many times a day.

Genice, yes but end up my ger will cry when I leave the room lor and ystd hubby say she refuse to zzz n play till 11pm. In fact last nite she ask me if I can sleep wif her but I say daddy will.. My routine also keeps changing cos trying to find 1 that suits our timing.. Sigh

I hvnt weigh mine recently but he also ard 4.3kg during full mth - I agar measure him few days back at least 58cm liao.. Weight muz be 5kg+ too

Cath, I've nv thot of leaving bb with hubby alone leh. When I told him i need to attend fren's rom I sept, ask him bb how, he says bring along lo. Hope he is joking with me lo.

I think the mim sling really spoil market leh, realize my bb is too comfortable in it such that he refuse to sleep on the mattress when we got hm. So either I give him yaolan or I use stroller when going out.

Hubby:

my hubby took half day leave today (not by choice but force by situatin). Went to see pd, took photo with my gynae, send cakes to my workplace. Then he volunteer to cook my dog's lunch n bathe bb before going out. =) Still call hm to check on me just now. actually some men just need to be pushed ba. Hee...

My cl says she ate yam before, n her down under itch until dbt. If u ok after eating yam paste, then maybe u not allergic lo. I play safe, better dun eat.

hi girls,

anyone here using Avent bottles??

I wonder if there's a better to test the temperature of the milk, as now i have to press the teat then the milk will come out??

mb can i change to 1mth plus teat??

Elise:

Hw much is e combi in BP?

Genice:

Ok.. Din look for spare parts dera too.. Q too long short of time

Sparkle:

I had a 1- 1 replacement cos under warranty. Furthermore is send back US to scv.

Kaoru

my son also poo alot at one go n ard 3-4 times a day onli nt like my gal time where she poo abit abit few times a day

Rabbit: think diff only in price bah... u c which is more convenient 4 u. Gg PD or gg polyclinic or gg healthway... That's what i consider also. The distance...

Pooh lover

don get discouraged. there 're pp with more and pp with less. I pump only yield about 40ml per side. no latch. then I take fenugreek religiously and take milo 2times a day. pump regularly. everytime if baby is sleeping or hubby could help I 'll pump about 1 hr. you'll know your let down period is wat time. mine is at 7min, 14min, and 26min and the whole cycle goes again when I press another time on freestyle. then I can get 110ml combined. so siong but seeing tt can hv 1 feed - super happy. only get this 2x a day. other times its either 60or 80 combined. don give up.

re gettin ill

I caught the flu bug fr #1. runny nose cough and fever. took flu medicine and hv to throw away the ebm after that. sad and angry with myself - why I fall ill at this time! must tell myself I'm ok I'm ok and drink lots of water.

erratic weather plus we're so lack of sleep - all mummies take care o!

Hi pooh_lover

I'm now pumping n saw yr post. Hv master d skill of typing with one hand.

Instead of thinking this, you should think that luckily you can still pump out 200ml/day for your baby. Some people after 2 weeks no more milk to pump at all. It's 6th weeks and you still can pump out milk. Isn't it great?!! That's still hope...

First u hv 2 make sure u hv ample rest, not stressed up n drink at least 8 glasses of fluid daily.

Next, you have to increase pumping frequency. E.g. from once every 3 hours to once every 2 hours. If initially not much, dun let it bother u. Jus continue with the schedule. Then drink green papaya and fish bone soup daily. Fish bone use the nyoh fish one better.

Or before pumping, drink some warm milk/milo 5-15 mins before you pump.

Hope this helps... Don't give up k?

xiao xiin, maybe your CL's stitches haven heal and ate yam that's why will itch? that's what i thnk.

sharky, to test the temperature of the milk, just shake the milk bottle downwards pointing towards your hand, a drop (if using teat 1) will land on your hand.

sheryl, great to know can get 1-1 replacement. if they are replacing for you, how come still send to service?

pooh lover, are you latching on also? if you are latching on also, pumping 200ml/day is not little. dont be discouraged. a lot of us couldnt get there too.

Cath

I really am very stressed and discouraged. Somemore my parents keep asking me to supplement and keep saying I not enough milk when baby is putting on weight...

I can't take fenugreek cuz I have a medical condition and it might affect my medication. So no choice lor... I will pump about 4x / day and can only hope situation will improve.

Hey people,

Thank you for your encouragement.

Yaozi: I don't pump so often cuz baby wants to latch every 2 hrs and I won't have milk after feeding him. I have been taking lots of fish and drinking the soup.

Sheryl Yeo: Saw your post that you're letting go your milk glass bottles. I'm looking for more bottles... u still hv any left? If have, I also dun knw how 2 get from u siah...

pooh_lover

Oic. So the pump amt is after you've latched? That's not little wat. I've lesser amt than yours wor. I totally pump and only around 500-600ml per day... still got to supplement with FM. So u r good liaoz... keke... I pump totally cos bb wants to latch every hourly since birth and I'm too tired to keep latching and once, he started to fuss after latching... started to feel that I dun hv sufficient supply... so starts to pump. Cos I dun hv enuff rest, how to hv more ss... So dun despair k? U r great mama liaoz...

Mayb you hv to block out your parents' words. Cos they dun understand that fully on breastmilk is much better. If you still can pump out 200ml, I think you've more ss for your bb wor...

genice, my confinement will only officially end in 7 days. but then this sun is the full mth party, so i am hoping to sneak some food to eat. i'm so hungry after looking at the nice food on magazines and tv! i got no stroller yet, that's why now aiming to buy one lor.

Sheryl: i saw the BP thread kena posted in our JUNE MTB thread leh, but dunno why it got taken away? and i can't find it at the BP threads either. its around 200 and 80 something...actually i was going to buy, becos i intend to bring baby out after 1st mth.

Hungry ghosts festival?! anyone knows when it starts? my mum say cannot anyhow bring an young baby out, before 5.30pm must bring them home in case anything 'happens'. u all got hear anything like that before?

Xiaoxin: then u dun complain leh, your hubby still not bad leh.

Koaru: thanks for the concern! bb taken a few times medicine. and now sleeping and seems to be quite okay. hope she wouldn't be fussy later...if not xian leh. next week i am bringing her to polyclinic for her 2nd dose of Hep B jab. hopefully no fever.

Pooh lover, dun worry, jiayou! i support u. i also got quite a low amt of milk supply. but still continue to pump like what the others said.

Yaozi: u so Li-high huh, 1 hand typing and pumping also can huh. really a multi-tasker leh u.

elise,

my boy went for hep b 2nd dose on sat, PD say this jab wun get fever one... but 5in1 & 6in1 might get fever...

that why i chose to take heb b 1st then 3rd mth take 5in1... the clinic nurse told me that 3mth old get fever will be easier to care rather than 1mth plus......

i signed a package with PD for all jabs till 18mths old for $400.... that excludes consultation fee & optional vaccines.. Isit exp???

elise, high-five! i have not get my stroller yet too! waiting for all the vouchers to come in during the full month then will go get. heehee. afterall for the first month, no chance to go out with baby also except for PD visit.

hungry ghost festival will start on August 10th.

Sheryl Yeo: ha! It's ok. Quite sad that few mins ago my MIL just broke the only glass bottle that I've b4 I come in room to pump. Can't even vent out cos she's been helping us take care bb even during nite so we can rest more. Mayb wil go out to buy some bottles tml then. Trying not 2 let it bother me much... keke

Elise: Yah lor, I now decided to pump n read posts so can pass time. Nw start to type as well. else always 4got 2 do it later. M also playing FB games at same time. My friends tot I'm so eng nw cos I post request to seek their help to build my empire.

sharky: i'm afraid including consultation fees and other vaccines will be quite ex. that's why i went to polyclinic for the jabs lor.

Sparkle: then u planning to go where to buy strollers? i'm also having the same thinking as u, hoping for my friends, relatives or colleagues will give me some kiddy palace vouchers so that i can go and choose the one that i want. u aiming which brand? any preferences ?

xiao_xiin, latch more than increase lo.. now the breast really rely on the demand.. i nv pump, it get less.. i pump and pump, it get more..

genice, oic.. i tot break into 2! lols..

Sparkle, my girl smile during feed too!!

Peak my lochia oso on and off.. sian..

Jojo, y u combine so many?

Ladies, maid is like a robot.. u give instruction they follow.. so be clear wat u wan.. anyway it's better to state out den she act clever..

I'm down with 39degree fever.. cnt handle my girl as advice by GP.. sigh.. miss my girl.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my girl going to polyclinic for hep B jab tml.. will update on the pricelist for jab..

Elise, not only during lunar july.. now best to avoid going out late.. cos baby is still young.. tends to have nightmare after a day out.. that's y they are so cranky at nite after a day out..

genice,

he is coughing with lots of phelgm, breathing hard. i think he has fever due to throat infection. don't need nebuliser since pd nv said anything abt this. only antibiotics, bronchitis, fever, flu med.

jenn,

antibiotics helps as he always tend to have infection when down with fever. 6mths ago, he has rather serious ear infection, we dunno y his fever kept gg up & down, it was really a rollercoaster ride for us. until pd told us to go kkh to admit #1, only then we know that the antibiotics can fight all these infections. that's why i said if pd prescribed antibiotics earlier, then #1 dun hv to be so xinku now.

zinc,

mil said if bb slp in sarog, head will be rounder & nicer. true for my #1. plus weather so hot, sleep in sarong more airy ma. but for chua tio, not so sure. but my #2 can slp quite long @ times in sarong, he likes the feeling of us shaking it, if stop, cry. zzzz.

cath,

u time ur letdown during pumping?

pooh lover,

my supply is lower than yours leh. now the most is 60ml combined. i try to latch @ least once a day. only few

times reach 200ml in 1 day but im mostly pumping.

must think positively, then supply will be more!

yaozi,

im still in the learning process of pumping & typing with one hand, haha.

re: hungry ghost festival

heard before but dunno gt stated time. best is reach hmo before night time.

rainelle,

tc hor.

Hi all,

may I know how much is the leaving ang pau for the Confinement nanny? My nanny very nice I tot of giving her more but dunno how much is the normal price. Can any one let me know how much u give for the leaving ang pau? Thank.

Hi all,

may I know how much is the leaving ang pau for the Confinement nanny? My nanny very nice I tot of giving her more but dunno how much is the normal price. Can any one let me know how much u give for the leaving ang pau? Thank.

Hi all,

Elise, ya my hubby only turned good after he saw how tired yet persistant I am. We Kinda quarrel in the car this morning, told him I'm already doing my best. Maybe this woke him up.

Rainelle, u mean our supply will still increase with increased demand? I thot SS stablise equals to stagnant SS. Heng I thot wrongly. Phew... I'm doing both latching n pumpin. Latch every 2-3 hrs n pump every 4-6 hrs. Very very tiring... Everyday feel like giving up on pumping.

Ask u gals hor, I wanna set a routine for my 1 month old bb. Do I need to include playtime?

Pooh lover

wow actually is after latched on then your ss actually v good. still hv excess. just tell yourself you 've milk and don be stressed out oki?

missbluey

yup hv to time letdown so tt I'll be encouraged to go thru the full half to 1 hr pumping.

yao zi

I've lots of glass bottles. but I stay far- at woodlands. and I don hv enough milk to store. do you want to collect fr me.

Hi all,

came here to seek advice.. =)

my bb has spot on his cheeks.. abit like pimples.. all over the cheeks.. is it a cause for concern? or issit due to heat?

jalgal

mine was good too.. i gave her $100 and cos my mum was quite close to her and like her too, she gave RM100 also.. she's a malayisan

missbluey, thanks! no fever after 1 time med.. hopefully can recover fast!

hopecg, it's either milk rash or heat rash.. keep it clean.. will go away within a week.. of cos new one will pop..

Friends, I understand. My eyes were tearing when my cl left. But life goes on. We will learn to cope. Bathe my bb for the first time by myself this morning. Feel like a lousy mum. I'm only ok in changing diaper, burping n feeding. The rest all fail. Kept apologizing to my bb.

Jalgal, we gave $200 to cl cos she's super good. After my maid left, she took over the housework even though I kept telling her no need to do. 100 percent superwoman. In return, she bot a set of rather expensive clothes for my bb. Sigh...

Elise,

Hi-5. My hb and I are also thinking of going for a holiday without the kids. However, I am not sure how to manage if I want to continue to bf. Where are you planning to go ?

xiao xiin

ur CL is super good leh... can PM me her contacts in case next time got friends looking for CL can recommend..

During my #1, my CL was good too... she cooked for everyone in the family, including my parents and cook at different times somemore + clean the house+ laundry for everyone + make desserts and serve my guests. So we gave her $200 + my parents gave $100 to her.

dont know what happen to my bb, last nite from 9pm till 1am cant settle her to bed.. keep crying and dont sleep.. only my breast can settle her..once i unlatch her, she cry again but this morning, she can drift herself to sleep from 9+ till now?? why cant she do this at nite

elise, i am eyeing on combi urban walker. hub and i tried it at the taka baby fair and we think its quite easy to operate cos can open and close just using one hand.

xiao_xiin, me too. i only know how to change diaper and feed. i dunno how to coax my girl to sleep when she gets cranky. sighhhh...

i have not even try to feed her with bottle.

Re: outing

I am fine w tmr but bluey can't make it so how? Now:

1) Sheryl

2) genice

3)peck

4) yaozi

5) Mikojade

Anyone else ? Or wanna postpone to next mon or next wk Will there be more pp joining? Any more mummies can join if it's next week?

Back