(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

oh ya re MS i read about a way to ease it

put a seedless sour plum into ice cube tray, pour hot water to let the taste release and freeze it.

suck on the sour plum ice cube when feel like vomiting. not sure it works but i will try tonight!

good for those who crave for sour and cold stuff!

bluey, i thot ngor he is good fish?

bliss, ya this is my last too... so hope to experience natural contraction pain then go hospital... my last is induce.. very xinglang... cuz all plan for... can go breakfast, then slowly go hospital and sen

bliss,

i don't like ngor he cuz of the fishy smell. & my mil loves using garlic to garnish instead of ginger. really toot lor. now i feel like vomitting when i think of the taste.

i don't really like tuna so i don't eat.

btw, what is ngor he called in english? anyone knows?

koaru,

thanks! will check it out when i drop by ntuc.

i only know stingray has a high level of mercury.

Isobellies,

at 1st gynae asked my LMP then do a scan & measure my little bean size :

2nd time he just by measure the bb size.

saw my little one jumped when gynae scan on my tummy so cute.

i have done my Oscar test on my 2nd visit when i was 11w6d. Oscar test can be done so early?

Irma, so far so good, my bb now 5.7cm, have been scheduled to do a Amniocentesis test + blood test this year end 30/12/09.Dr.Koh will give MC 2 days after do the test.Also taken up antenatal pkg. Is happy to hear the baby heartbeat strong n lound. By the tme will be know the gender of baby.

peck,

my #1 was also induced. i think i like it this way. i don't want to end up panicky when my waterbag burst. i will get gan jiong easily, hehe.

ngor he is good, actually mil buys alot of these for my son, can say staple food. but i prefer cod fish. its as exp as ngor he right? i love cod fish but sadly no one in my in-laws's hse seem to like leh.

missybluey:

haha, this is very confusing, my mil said Ngor He is good, cos babies also take them.

koaru:

yah, wanted very much to give bb more nutrients by taking veggies, but just can't seem to take very much. Very horrible indeed, so scared bb not taking enough.

But good to know that actually fish is pretty harmless, since most of you taking.

carebb, actually to me if you feel like eating just go ahead. but those forbidden food please don't eat it often. only when times when you die die must eat then eat abit. i still take stingray, crab, tuna etc. but i will try to control my intake. but raw is a NO for me.

don't worry too much and baby will be alright.

in the past people take anything they can harvest and still very healthy.

people always say when pregnant cannot take orange. will cause baby to have phlegm. i don't take orange since 14 due to gastric problem. but funny thing is when i'm pregnant i crave for orange so much and had one everyday. my son is born healthy. but i stop taking orange right after giving birth and now cravin starts again.

things like grass jelly, pineapple etc is not allowed too but i took it also.

still remember i a few glasses of coke everyday, eating mac and chocolate everynight. i know is not good but i really can't help it.

surprisingly baby was healthy even till now my son hardly fall sick. even my auntie ask me what did i eat during pregnancy that makes my son skin so fair and chubby and i replied her "macdonalds" she was totally shocked to hear that.

pregnancy is a very important stage but please don't restrict yourself on what food to eat and ended up unhappy. i will rather eat stingray and able to sleep better after that.

but everything must be in moderate. some people think the more you are scared, things will become even worse.

Missbluey,

izzit cos of yr change in tastebud, cos personally i feel ngor he or threadfin is the most less fishy! Steam over some ginger and wash off with some salt will be very nice liao.. else pomfret or snapper shld be ok guah.

Moony,

OSCAR can be done anytime fr 11 wks to 14 wks, i rem. I am doing mine at 12 wks+

peck, can understand the feeling. can slowly packed and have my last meal before going to the hospital in the middle of the night. but this time round i start to think much more. when i csect who is going to take care of my son. will he cry if he can't find me etc. thinking of this makes me feel very bad.

how will the gynae do the OSCAR test? blood test? cozs for my #1, there is only Triple test and not OSCAR test.... it can only be done in hospital and not clinic?

bliss, same here. tis time round will be different. cozs we will be worry for our #1. my girl is very sticky to me... so i will be worry tat she will be crying if i were to go and deliver.

kate, me too, very worry when i go delivery he will cry and cry... cuz now he sleep with me.. on that nite i not around dont know how.. haiz

kate, peck

ya lor. now i'm more worried about him then myself. csect will need to stay for 3 days. i don't know how he is going to survive without me when i'm in hospital. he wants no one expect me. even i leave him with my mom, max is 2 hours and he will start finding me.

Bliss:

Yup, think I have been overly caution of what I take, always worrying whether the stuff I take will affect bb's development or not, think I have been taking in too much info :p I also crave for mac a lot these days, but of cos I dont take everyday cos scared put on too much weight as well. Definitely agree with you about controlling the intake and things should be fine.

bliss.. agreed. C-sect need 3 days. i remember when i deliever my #1.. i only still in hospital for 1 night n discharge the next day.

is tough but we really need to get through it.

carebb, don't worry too much. will make you stress too when this cannot eat that cannot eat. i believe our body will give what baby needs. our body already have toxin but it doesn't pass to our baby when we are pregnant.

or maybe can say let baby immune to the toxin then to prevent. alot of people tends to get stress on what they eat and ended up so worried.

i still remember a mummy cried cause she ate porridge with raw egg added in without knowing she can't take that. but still baby turns out fine. abit of stingray, cooling stuff or healthy things won't make baby unhealthy.

my cousin took so much "pu" during pregnancy but no of times her son was sick was way more than my son. i find is more important that they food we feed them after they are born. one mummy told me "biscuit is junk food" and her son is already 2.5 years old. but her son is having so much health problem.

is more like medication, x-ray will cause direct harm to baby development during pregnancy. so avoid what you should. food wise, relax abit [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

and if you crave for mac and don't feel like eating so much, the best way to to share with hb. slowly you can see the weight gain for them is faster than us!

evangelyn: great to know that? how many weeks are you now then? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my gynae appt next week.. very scared somehow... the past haunting me.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

these few days been raining heavy, very cold.. then its been 2 days i think, been having cramps.. very scared. i googled, they say can drink water to somewhat reduce the cramp.. hurhurhur..

kate, i even think if my son really can't stay with my mom maybe i will try to sneak him to my ward at night. haha! i hope things will not be that bad when time comes.

Irma, don't think so much.

is really cold recently. maybe it triggers cramp ? drink some hot water and will help to relax abit.

bliss

ah ok. i know the computer calculates EDD based on size as well, but for my gynae he will always stick to the EDD based on the LMP. thought that maybe bbs will have different rates of growth at each stage anyway, so he just stick to the LMP EDD.

Irma, dont think so much.... ask your doc about it on your next visit.... at the meantime... you rest well

Hi Gals,

Question 1: Why chocolate is not good huh? My collegue just told me not to eat chocolate cos will make bb dumb. is it true??

Question 2: Can we take DHA omega fish oil when we are still in 1st tri? My colleague ask me to go GNC and buy then take now she say very good for the brain develope. True? beside which brand is good? any recommendation?

Thanks alots ......

jalgal... we will be ask to eat the fish oil when we are in 2nd tri. 1st tri only need to eat follic acid.

as for chocolate, dun have any idea.

jalgal, not sure about the chocolate... i have been eating quite alot lately..

no need to take fishoil so early...

isobellies, it calculate depends on size. as long baby is growing should be fine.

jalgal, chocolate is actually quite good for baby. dark chocolate is better. will make baby happy. read form mag before chocolate will helps baby to develop a positive attitude. and able to adapt to different environment easily. so far to me is true. my son is very happy baby and seldom cry even though i always cry when i'm pregnant.

my SIL parents eat one piece of dark chocolate everyday. they said will help in slowing down ageing. haha

fish oil taken in 2nd trimester when brain is developing.

i also think so but my colleague keep on telling me to take, said she took the fish oil from the moment she know she is pregnant. is all for bb. i think a bit kiasu hor. anyway i am going to see gynae only on 1 dec(another 1 weeks plus) may be by the time then ask the gynae bah. my office many hot heart ppl. a lot of them like to give me comment on what to eat what not to eat. and what can do what can't do. but they are still nice ppl some time they see me walk faster they also stop me. i m the only 1 pregnant in the office now so may be all the attention is to me lo. but some time too many comment until u dunno listen to who. luckly i gt u all to ask. thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ar.... really ar? chocolate is good. okok i think i believe 100% bcos now i know i can eat chocolate i oredy happy hahahaha i think my bb also very happy inside hahahahaah..... but i think i will eat dark chocolate more. cos i also dun wanna put on too much of weight.

Jalgal,

when it comes to popping pills, best to consult yr gynae. Food wise, eat all in moderation, and everything will be fine. In fact, my gynae says since i am taking fish and milk regularly, din need any other fish oil or calcium pills..

Hi, I am new here...

Is there any way to make the nauseous easier? I have them practically the whole day. Only difference is whether I will really puke or not....

hi hi to all mummies to be here..!!

im new here..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bliss:

Thanks for the advice! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] heehee, yah my hb already complaining he's gaining so much weight cos he always has to take half of my share.

jalgal:

Read that the reason why it's advised not to take so much chocolate cos of the caffeine content i believe. Similarly for coffee, tea, coke etc. I love chocolate! will still occasionally take them though.

As for the fish oil, my gynae already prescribed me DHA (Neurogain) during my visit last sat (bb was 8 weeks plus then). Together with calcium and iron pills.

re: chocolate

i dislike dark chocolate cuz its bitter, i love sweet chocolate but i occasionally take them like what carebb mentioned - caffine. & heaty if take too many.

koaru,

so ngor he is threadfin! haha, now then i know. you imagine, ngor he is already fishy plus garlic, haiyo...its really puts me off. maybe i don't really like to eat this fish before preggie, so when im preggie, i feel like vomiting when i see the fish.

koaru,

juz found Twinings in cold storage, quite ex leh. now after i've become a mummy, i realised im even more nigow. haha. perhaps i go ntuc see any difference in price.

Missbluey,

i dun rem how much, but think hubby also commented a bit ex, but i bochup, cos wind really bad then..

I hv also started digging out my old maternity clothes, feel so much comfy, esp after food got room to expand. And started buying a few more cos sick of those old clothings!

koaru,

haha, im still struggling to fit into my pre-pregnancy skirt & pant. given up my jeans cuz can feel the tightness around my fat thighs. heh. gotta start shopping liao. *eyeing hubby $$$* hahahaha.

Hi Irene, Hi phylliz,

welcome welcome.

so how many weeks are u in now? we are getting more and more newbies... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

Missbluey,

i hv since given up on my fav Levi's jeans cos its non stretchable type! But i still keep it as a remembrance of how slim i was before, haha.. I bought new ones instead [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but now getting too tight again, so switching to those that i bought when i was 4-5 mths preggie.. hubby was still so sweet to say its ok to spend a few hundreds on clothing, but i think he will regret the moment i go on a spree!! Man.. hiaz..

doctor prescribed me Neurogain DHA too, together with icon and calcum pills. however, she said taking now may worsen my MS, so I can choose to start taking after 1st trim.

i saw Neurogain DHA selling at Guardian Vivo City, but it cost slightly more than what I paid at KK.

i remember tat time when im having my #1... there is BP for Neurogain which is much cheaper. duno now still have anot.

koaru,

levi's ex leh. maybe i will try to locate the shop @ toa payoh which bebe75 ever mentioned before. i have got limited maternity clothes, sian. everyday have to worry what to wear to work.

on leave tmr & monday~ woohoo~~~

can sleep early & wake up late, hehe.

also going to see doc tmr.

Missbluey,

I juz bought 2 tops fr that TPY shop last wkend. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Lucky i dun hv to work now, so i can wear my 3/4 pants n jeans skirt.

Gonna see yr bb tmr again.. muz be excited hor.

Bluey,

Enjoy ur leave.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] do update us after u see gynae.. So you take leave to see gynae ar? then monday leh? Special occasion?

Morning mummies,

I'm back. Spoke to soon and started to feel sick again the night before and was so sick yesterday. Gas trapped in chest, puked a few times, had heartburn, and tastebuds went haywire again, with sour/bland taste in mouth as well. Only hope that means well.

I can't wait to stop taking Duphaston. Will ask the doc when I see her next Thursday (should be 11w5d by last measure by then). Will also be doing my blood test and scan for DS. Hope to get good results.

Hi Chermaine,

Duphaston is a tiny white color tablet. is a homrmone pil to support ur pregnancy better. mostly gynae will priscribe to those who had m/c b4 or those who have spotting. if you are normal then not need to take. bcos its to increase ur homrmone level, some of us took oredy will have quite bad MS. for utogestron i never heard b4 so cant answer u.

Good morning mummies,>Irma i m currently 12 weeks.Dr. advised me to take utrogestron till 16 weeks to strong my womb cos i m high risk miscarriage type.Need another one jab next week.After that consider safey liao.

Back