(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

agrees with ladyk that giving us some time to lose the weight which took us also 9 mths to gain! :)

serend,

8kg?? r u kidding? tt will b too skinny leh!i think u just need to tone up, that's all lah!

jules,

guess yr MIL is a good one :) mine ok lah, but need to watch her speech sometimes... on Sun she got me upset by asking me not to "anyhow" buy things in Japan! As if I am taking any money from her son to buy things!i just keep quiet and gave her the black face! wanted to tell her in her face that i am earning my own keep and buy things with my hard earned $$!

WF,

I totally understand what you mean. No doubt being a SAHM is very good for our children, but really sacrifies a lot.

Again, I think SG Government shld give incentives for SAHM lah. More tax rebates and more help!!

Like FOC medical and education for children under 18, $1000 per month per child under 12 for SAHM. That would be really nice.

Maybe I shld start running for govt election. lolz..

ladyk

yup, that line. fading yes, but still there after 3 mths! I wanna go swimming, and wear my bikini la.. ha ha.

yah, that's why mother's day is more popular than father's day. Oops. At least for a few families that i know..even mine.

I wanna lose another 4 kg, to 46kg.. But I've been eating ALOT. Like, alot of chocolates, double serving of noodles my MIL cooks, ice cream, bubble tea, chips.. & still have 3 meals! I need to lose that tummy too. Don't like binder, cos' it's sooo warm wearing it. Need to exercise!! =p

caiyden

share diet tips leh...i also wanna lost wt! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] im afraid i will feel too lazy to lose the last few kgs...

bbdust

i will support u too if u do sprees...heehee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] sell diapers lah so we can always buy from u...

WF

i know what u mean... i also e kind that cant stay at home for long one...too used to always gg out and jalaning and like to shop so need to work for $$...

noscon,

sell diapers ah...not bad an idea hor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i shall go see see look what can sell i quite like coordination stuff since i m doing it in my job anyway hahaha

sstarlight

Yup. it's good indeed.

I met a friend, who has 2 kids.That day, her son was throwing tantrum, and her girl went to look for popo when her mom said no chocolates, In the end, the girl had her choco, and the boy still throwing tantrum by keep lying in the floor. So she told me, she regretted working then, and is gonna be a SAHM coming a few mths to look after her kids full time. She said, look how my kids turn out! you wanna still work?

So time and time again, i am reassured again being a sahm.

ladyk

yah maybe urs twins! one girl and one boy.

starlight

so the fold thingy quite true. so u can try for next one.. may be girl then!!

babyl

the ring one, move in circle -girl, move front and back is boy. haha i think the chinese calender not accurate leh. i dont want dragon leh, sure very competitive!

starlight

i agreed with you! I think the main thing for many new parents or parents is the lack of RELIABLE caretakers.... we got to take care of our parents and children where got time and energy?! We can't really trust maids to be alone with them then what's e pt....? If they want us to stay at home to take care then should give us some "salary"...else hard to give up our jobs to take care of them...

WF,

I am a SAHM now and my DS1 still roll on the floor leh when throwing tantrums. Sigh... I guess all kids got this phase one.

It really depends on how the parent teaches the child.

I am the soft type. I dun spank on my kids. Cos after that I really regret. I think I must "harden" my heart and spank. Those "reasoning and explaining" to them are all bullshit :p It doesn't work at all. Haha..

Yes, SAHM is the best for kids. No one can give the love like mothers give to a child [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If can afford and you enjoy doing it, you shld give it your best [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

WF

sigh...yeah I know what u mean... its different when mums are the ones who brought up the children.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

babyL,

what? You can't wait to hoot again ah!

Let your body recover first la. It's good to have a good foundation before you hoot again. Afterall, your body went through so much for 9 months to carry the baby, and childbirth etc... you need to recuperate.

I told HB, i must rest at least 1 year; I'm not going to have #2 at the expenses of my own health...

timy,

biangz, i will be so happy if it's twins la, then better save up more now. I can't imagine doing confinement with twins. I know they BF via football clutch simultaneously for twins. HB has been talking about twins recently too... OH MAN, is that a MESSAGE??? I'm scaring myself now.

Sstarlight, oh...then she might try for 4th liao. Hahaha! 2 collection place good hor?

WF, i want to be SAHM lor...and u prefer to work. I guess its always the case. Once I really be SAHM, then maybe I will be so sick of it and want to come out work. We fickle minded!

tash

work is ok.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] nope... im waiting for bb to be able to sit up first...how abt u? anyone already went?

starlight

yah it is expensive to bring up kids.. must save for their eudcation all the way to uni!

ladyk

so u r planning to have 3 kids?? -)

timy,

no leh.

At first i wanted 2... but now, i'm not ready for #2 hahahaha. I think i need to let HB adjust to fatherhood and tame his temper down, i find that he's still too hot tempered and not patient enough with babies.... kekekekee. let Selene do the training, hope HB will pass with flying colours.... then shall leave it to Destiny.

Chloe, from amazon the tooth organizer but I wud suggest to get the album it's worth the $$.

BabyL, you organising spree?? It's a hot item ;) and lite - baby tooth organizer ;). Keekee, you earn points on cc enuf can shop with shoppin vouchers.. A great work fr home I must say. Go for it!!

Diet?

I ate

1.half portion palm size for breakfast

2.full portion palm size for lunch

3.fruit slice for tea

4.full portion palm size for dinner

5.tall glass of water for supper

No can drinks, no juice and lots of salad to munch! Basically it's just salad n white meat, wholegrains - no bread no noodles. Hungry, drink a glass of water. Start of meal - a glass of water. Well plus no CL then so weight wen down fast!!

Now I'm battling! Start detox wen I end BF. That helps too but you can't detox for more than a month back to back.

Timy, ok...tonight i remember, I will try the ring one..coz by the face, thigh fold, nipple and navel, all is boy. Hope the ring one is boy too. Calendar buay zhun ah? Then ok, next Mar i will hoot!

LadyK, hahaha! The moment i delivered, I asked hubby when for #2, he want to faint. I really cannot wait leh. I find satisfaction in giving birth but I dont when it comes to taking care...so now I must train to be a SAHM for #2 to come. Hehe..

Carol, so actually organise spree can earn also ah? I always thought only when the organiser want to buy something so she just collate order so she can buy cheaper, thats all. Didnt know cc can help earn points n then get vouchers and such. Alamak, its soooo tempting!!!

alamak! if the fold thingy thing is true, then sian liao... another boy for me :-( sign...good to stop at one for me :)

noscon,

me too, want to wait till his neck strong enough to sit up or crawl first :) yah, anyone went liao? how izit?

jon,

someone selling these similiar cloth diapers at $10 each...was tempted then...but bought too many diapers recently liao...

babyL,

yah redeem vouchers!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If you do overseas spree, can earn exchange rate differences but gotta deal with nasty customers lor.... alot of time to coordinate and answer queries.

jonjosh,

is it like bumwear?

Eh this one must air dry or can put into dryer? :p

tash,

really?? same brand?

i saw at motherhood fair, should be a different brand, selling 20+ per diaper, insert must buy seperate at $7 each

this one cheaper.

lady,

can check out the link i posted. i also haven't used b4. solid colors are nice

lady,

I stock up 6 packet of mommy poko and 6 packets of dypers and 2 packet of NTUC all M muahahahaha but i think still can buy a couple coz they will stay at M for a long time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If no one interested, then will go buy loose ones.

hi mummies

nowadays me getting lesser and lesser time to come in...very busy with no 1 and 2...especially when both awake...

haha...before i have my no 1...i never tot of becoming a sahm....but after no 1...and my persistence to bf him for at least 1 yr...i become wahm...but really scarifice a lot...but it's worth it.

babyl

yeah can earn from xchange rate like what ladyk said loh but i dont know the trick leh just agar agar know nia ~ wanna organise one together haha then we can become spree organisers and stay at home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starlight...

me also thinking if wanna have no 3...but also abit stressful when think abt their maintenance...etc...raising children is super x.

RE:spree

frankly speaking...i did a few sprees cos i wanna get the items...and just for fun...

i think wouldnt really earn from it...from the exchange cos the difference is really very minimum especially each spree is usually capped at usd200.

maybe unless u keep doing it ongoing....

and the time and money spend to go to post office to send out the items...post the items...etc

maybe the only good thing is u get to see the items u didnt buy also...haha...(then ended up buying the items eventually....) and also ya...maybe get a bit more credit card points...

BBDust, BabyL,

example... you know friends staying in US or what, you can ask them to collect Coach bags etc then post to you after you buy online via CC... then when you sell to people, you lock them at a higher FX rate...

Now US ard 1.4 only but i see some BP seller can charge up to 1.48 de...

hahaha

coach or katespade sprees are quite common in sporemum... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ladyk,

yah i saw 1.48 wah so high man

jenny,

me now using pampers comfort also, i find like all diapers abt the same leh.. going to try NTUC one soon

theres a spree gg on now for huggies, mamipoko and drypers. i bot huggies(M) for 15.5 and mamipoko(M) for 15.30

lady,

me thinking of getting 2 exterior diaper covers. It will come with 4 inserts.

Ya, i stock up so many M, siao la. When I pushed my trolley at NTUC, everyone stared at me <shy>

bbdust

but i prefer pampers, it's longer in size. drypers also ok.

i dont really like mamypoko, ... hoping to quickly finished using....

ntuc, my no 1 cannot, will have rashes...

tash,

tks, i went to see already.

Also posted a question in this one brand-babyland

Want to know whether they are made in CHINA!

actually if u stay ard east, the medical hall jintaitang, diapers for huggies is much cheaper...i remember it's ard 14.90 or 15 per packet.

WF

you looked so skinny to me leh. you sure you are 50kg now!? i am 51kg now but i still look so bak bak, hate it! in fact i hv lose all my weight liao (put on 19kg in total) but i need to lose another 3-4kg to back to my very original weight before childbirth. sigh sigh sigh..

bf mummies:

you need to lose extra 1-2kg from your target before completely stop bf because you will be putting on again after stop bf.. drama right? our body is like a yo-yo.

Back