(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

elise,

Lucas oso like to make noise. Noise sounds like starting engine, changing gear, break etc...his dad was making fun of him this morning saying he drives F1 is it...lol

Cef, I experience that sometimes too... But it's not milk flow or ss prob cos usually first breast he gets that way already. Then I'll try switching breast n he seems fine. Sometimes it's coz he's pooing... N when he's done, no more noise oredi

Whitefreckles,

Afterall 'own" mother is still the best =)

As they will be more than happy to helpout with us too. hehe.. Me too still waiting for my flat to come but I am staying with my parents instead.. Yes agree that each day barely have enough sleep too.. Things will be better when the little one re older.. For my #1, she slept through the night after her one month.. now that #2 is 5wks+ old.. but is waking up promptly for milk still

wf: good workout for arms man. i start to use the brestfriend cushion for night feedings liao... tireeeedd..

cef: i hav that too. Tried ebm in a btl and she is ok after that. My conclusion for my case is the flow too fast for her and she dont like. but at night shes too relaxed to protest, gulp gulp gulp 10 mins back to sleep for both of us.

Hello ladies,

RE: STERILISE

can i ask after you sterilise the bottles etc, do you take ALL out of the steamer & keep them separately? If yes, do you dry them before keeping?

dawn,

yah man.. aching already. Alice suckles so fast and slps so fast at night which is good! mine won't. at least for now..

just brought him to the doc, Elliot weigh 5.5KG for 5 weeks. Heavy!!!

cef, yah i think wf might be right. It could be a case of reflux or colic. Heidi behaves the same way with a bottle. Hungry, cry...eat a bit...don't want, cry harder, eat a bit, cry again...then end up only taking like 50 - 60ml instead of her usual 120ml. But if I can distract her during these uncomfortable time (usually in the evening), she can finish the entire bottle. Day time is a breeze to feed her. Only nighttime when the digestive system is lousy, I suppose.

1727, we've been taught to assemble the bottles after sterilising during antenatal class. Don't leave them out to dry. Think of all the dust and bacteria. At least if you assembled them, the bottles are sealed properly.

joelle, i've bot a nursing cover. its a must have. try to get thin material, light colour. BB while nursing inside can be quite stuffy.

elise, enzo so cute. mine look like la pi xiao xing

I was trying to nap with Heidi just now but she kept waking up crying! Then I sniff her, no ruyi oil smell! My MIL forgot! No wonder she can't sleep. cos she very uncomfortable. I really hope my baby's tummy get strong strong soon. I already ask my hubby to get Ridwind. Will try tonight. Hope it will make her better also.

torayme same here w me.. day time feeding is a breeze.. night time like battlezone! He keep drinking, struggle, cry, burp, scream.. dunno what he wans...

chloe.. he is a terror lo! I tell my mum every night sing live band.. buey tahan..

TorayMe, oh..i forgot what i learnt in antenatal class. kekeke. So its ok to have the water vapor in the bottles lah?

1727, i eat everything except cabbage/brocolli as i am afraid bm will have too much wind... Coffee/tea, cold drinks i take as well.

wf, Torayme,

thanks. Yar, i suspect it is the colic/reflux acting up again. Haiz, back to ridwind again. lol... I can't wait for their stomachs to get stronger. Mine is opposite, night time feeds is a breeze because she is sleepy. It's the daytime feeds that is driving me nuts.

Dawn,

I tried pumping out b4 feeding her to slow the flow, and she's still unhappy. Likewise with bottle ebm, she wasn't happy too. Think it maybe a case of reflux/colic like the other mummies suggest.

Haiz, can't wait for them to get to 3rd month.

elise, bloaty tummy is the culprit lor. I going to try giving Heidi ridwind tonight.

1727, its ok. I will try to shake them out before using though. Anyway the vapor are clean water anyway.

Like elise, I also avoid cabbage and brocolli or anything suspicious. Avoiding seafood also. Until my gynae check-up that is. If she ok then I will dare to take prawns and sotongs and etc again.

OIC. Will baby have diahorrea at this age? Duno if its the food i eat, my baby seem have only 2 mega watery poo a day unlike before (poo after every feed)

torayme but enzo tummy is not really bloated.. he farts and burp alot.. i dunno whats the reason...

weather sooo hot!!! am preparing to go ikea.. but everytime when i am done w feeding, packing, pumping, it's the next feed again! alamak...

1727, actually i dunno if my boy got diaherroea or what le.. his stools always watery and alot.. he poos abt once a day..

the bottles are clean and can be used within the next 24 hrs if you assemble them straight after you sterilised them.

The vapour in the bottles are already ''sterilised'' water so it's safe for bb to drink, don't need to dry them.. if you dry the bottles after sterilising, then it will defeat the purpose of sterilising since bottles will be exposed to germs/ bac liao.

hohoho, my 1st week of handling bb alone whole day at own home... so far my bb is still good to mummy... i still have time to do housework & sit in front of the monitor. phew**

cef

I do experience that at night. She drink until full already then want to latch some more, perhaps to sleep. But the milk comes in during let down and she get frustrated becos she only want to suck for comfort.. so she detached herself, cry cry cry, latch back again.

Elise,

We can take caffeine even though we ebm? I thot caffeine, sashimi, alcohol still off limits as long as I'm still pumping...

Dawn,

Which version of Photoshop are you using to change the background colour?

Just 5 more days of confinement left for me! Counting down the days... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi! calling all SK mums,

serendipity, timy, babyl and I (cef to confirm) will be meeting at compasspoint tmw (outside prima deli at 2.30pm). Do come! seren and I not bringing babies..

poohgirl: it's a program similar to photoshop called irfanview. free, no need CD to install and has all the basic functions that i need.

http://www.irfanview.com/

I zoomed in to the pix and used eraser to manually erase the background around her head, then resized it to ICA specs. hope this helps.

me not bringing bb too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can do some shopping after tt.

Elise, enzo only poo once a day!!! wow..save a lot of diapers leh.

Thanks Xihui. I always leave them in the steriliser and take out when i need to use them. Looks like i need to go buy one big container now.

cef/WF/Dawn

I have latched bb for 3 days full day now. Getting slightly more comfortable already as she is showing signs of really sucking for milk instead of for comfort.

Min latch time is 30mins. She seems ok to latch so long and I could feel that the breasts r soft after latching her. However, not as soft as if I squeeze every drop out if I pump.

So mommies, how come your bb can suck for 10 mins only? How sure are u that they have enough?

Mine morning and night also must have at least 30 mins. Icy says she experience multiple let down but so far I only have 1 time let down only in the beginning. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

pooing,

Kaitlyn now also poo abt twice only. Just when I switch to complete latching so was wondering whether the reduced no. of poo is due to not enough of intake or a normal reduction after certain time frame. She is into her 5th wk now.

actually dun need to buy any container. after the sterilisation cycle is completed each time, what i do is that i assemble all the different parts into 1 proper covered bottle, then placed all bottles on my table. Whenever bb cries for milk, i just need to grab a bottle & go.

Mummies,

how do you differentiate the rashes on bb's face? whether it's heat rash or milk rash or???

jon: congrats on yr successful latching. She normally nurses for hours in the day both for confort and milk. (i held on to her for 5 hrs before) At night she is more interested in sleeping, one of her night feeds she will suck the daylights out of me - hard and fast, then unlatch like a full leech and zzzz after 10 mins. So im confident that she has had her fill. Thats just her pattern,perhaps she has become more proficient at feeding.

jonjosh

If my girl only suck 10mins then she will want more 2 hrs later. But nowadays it seemed better, she suck longer like 15-20mins and sometimes willing to suck another 5-10mins on the other side and she lasted 2.5-3hrs!

And good news is she is slowly train to sleep better. After training from my son, she no longer wakes up at every little sound that my boy makes. haha..

I don't experience multiple let down everytime but quite a few time, especially when I watch her suck then I think my brain got simulated bah. I am pumping and when I hear her cry also will have another let down.

my girl at least poo 3-4 times a day.. very watery.. wonder if it got to do with too much foremilk.

1727, are you kidding me??! The minute my confinement ends, i bulldozed my way to get my coke and chocolates. But again, i no longer expressing. Those still giving BM may have to watch their diet abit more bah...

winnie, i know how you feel...mine is like that also. Once he starts, there is no stopping him. Maybe you can read up more about colic online...But i know most babies have colic to some degree so we'll just have to be patient...just that for the caregivers, super draining.

wish0upon0star, IFC is so expensive...but no choice right? I've extended my ML for another 2 weeks as i do not trust anyone to handle my colicky son. Very worried he will get smacked secretly behind my back. I've enquired with a few CCs already, once my husband is back in town, i will be touring around the places and placing a deposit. Intend to send my son to CC when he turns 18 months next year. But might start him on halfday first...

ladykirvin, good for you! We mummies really need undisturbed sleep, must recharge. It's been 2 months and so far, i've only had one night of undisturbed rest. I don't know how long i can last esp when i return to work soon. Hmm....talking about doing the act, i can even sleep while standing so not sure when will really do it. Scarly later do halfway i start snoring liao.

whitefreckles, your bb so cute!!!! So far, everyone says mine looks like husband. Abit sian to hear that. Because i certainly look much better than my husband, hahaha.

Xynn, try not to give your bb milk if the last feed was less than 2 hours ago. You can try giving pacifier because for my bb, sometimes i realised he is not hungry but just wants to suck. Comfort sucking, that's what i think...

Lynn, at least once you carry, she will stop crying...i don't mind carry my son 24/7 if that will make him stop wailing!!!

jon,

i also not sure why mine suckles only 10-15mins. last time she could take like an hour or even longer, but these days abt 20mins max. her 7pm can b abt 30-40mins tho n my breast does get softer after she suck n i weigh her daily, got increase leh. but my gal abit spoiled, sometimes aslp om my breasts. emma now at wk 7.

icy,

how many wks is ur gal now? mine is damn sound sensitive.

joyfulkiki,

yar i will go tmw with bb. if late or anything i will sms seren.

cef

My gal is 7 weeks already. She used to sleep only less than 15mins in the day when my boy is awake. Somehow these 3-4 days seemed better now, my boy is dragging his chair, dropping and throwing his toys and she is still sleeping in the same room. She had to get used to it because there is no way that my 2yr old boy will control his volume.

Did u try to let Emma take from EBM? I used to let Crystal drink from bottle like every 2-3 days, recently she simply reject the bottle, i thought I am still early to train her but she seemed to hate the teat and she wasted my EBM. sigh

It's been a challenging past few days for me. Bb is suddenly v sound sensitive, and not falling asleep easily in the daytime. On top of which her daytime feeds are a struggle. She feeds and cries and I don't know why and relatches again. Last night she did have quite a few throw ups after her feeds, so like mummies here suggest, I think she's have reflux, so abit more fussy? Haiz... But in the daytime, she definitely is v awake and aware, and wakes up easily and wants to stay awake, but then when it reaches her tired point, she cries becoz she is actually tired. So i had to let her cry to sleep coz it's not just carrying that she wants, she wants me to walk around outside. When I progress towards her bedroom, she knows, and already starts wailing. Checked everything, diaper, feed, temperature, so no choice, we sleep together, she basically cry in my arms until she fall asleep and we sleep together, coz only then does she get sound sleep in the daytime. If I leave her in the cot, 15mins later wake up again. If I sleep with her, she can sleep for the straight 3hrs. Haiz, do their sound light sleep sensitivity improve asap? When? She's 7 wks already. I thought now should be improving, how come it's deteriorating.

icy,

that's good leh. my gal became like super sensitive to sound. But when we are outside, she can sleep like a log!!! it's only when we are home then recently, she cannot sleep for more than 15mins. Except night time can stretch. Daytime is like eheheh, put down eheheh, I already swaddle her v tight.

I did let Emma try EBM, she behave the same way with the bottle, but not really rejecting, just struggling thru her feeds. Hubby attempted formula feed to see if it's the BM taste that she is acting up to and struggling with, we're still not sure. Coz she may have been just v hungry when she gobbled the formula feed.

I dunno, I'll like to think it's just reflux, rather than that she's rejecting my breasts. But she's like having a love hate relationship with my breast.

Btw, do u wake ur gal up for feeds? Or only when she wakes up then u feed? And do u attempt to feed whenever she looks hungry even b4 her feed time is due? Coz I get v confused over this, I think is it coz she is too full so she struggle to latching. But just now, I put my finger into her mouth, she reacted exactly the same way, she suckle alot then reach a stage start crying also. Haiz, I dunno what is wrong!!!

hi BW, we tried not to give pacifier, so we distract her by carrying her. maybe the colic drops help, her tummy not so bloated and she seems to sleep better at night. keeping my finger cross that tonight she will be a good girl..

Here's a belated photo of little Eva at 3 weeks... with her new dolly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3851203.jpg]

And here's Eva playing with her tongue...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3851233.jpg]

Thank Xihui. However, beside bottles, i still have pumps & breast shell to sterilise mah..so will still need a container after all.

My boy last feed is at 1.30pm and has been sleeping from 230pm till now!!!! Shd i wake him up?

Cef, Emma has got some of my boy's habit as well... he likes to go outside. Whenever we bring him out, he'll sleep no matter how noisy. When reach home or in the car, eyes wide open. Always wanted to be carried. At times, the dad will scold him or smack him on his butt. He'll stop wailing for few seconds as if understand, stare at you and then start his wail again. *sigh*

My girl has been sleeping since 2.30pm as well. Gonna wake her right after my moo-ing session.

Jon,

Sometimes Elliot suckles for 5-10 minutes and can sleep for 2 hours. Sometimes, it's 15 min- 20 min, can sleep for 2.5- 3 hours. Depends tho, sometimes 30-40 min also 3-3.5 hours. That's day time.

At night, it's a little unpredictable. He wakes every 2-2.5 hours. Am not sure if am just awaken cos' he makes slight sounds. Also, I usually standby EBM at AM night just in case, after latching and he wants more after 30min-1 hr. I donno if he wants more but cos' he was fussing, and i donno if he will get milk if I latch on, so I feed him via bottle. Usually give 20ML, he fall asleep. Ha ha.. But the rest wasted! I have been throwing away alot BM already. I haven't pumped since yesterday evening. I do feel the difference when I pump and when I do not. My boobs are usually hard after a while if I pump. Now it's kinda soft. Donno y, when it's soft I donno if there's enuff. I always think soft boobs= not enuff milk. Heh!

Cefindre,

I think they are different on some days. Dn worry too much abt it.Stay positive k? I think they have their moods too. Certain days can be fussy yet some days can be so guai. Hee.. Looks like a case of reflux to me. Give ridwind, also maybe watch your diet? Probably avoid gassy producing food. Then, watch and monitor? =)

BW

Ha ha..Babies do change alot along the way. Hee.. so maybe in a few mths down, will resemble you more? =)

Re: poo

My bb poo alot! can be 5-6 times a day!c

re: pimple-like red spots

bb face has so much of these! aiyo.. am starting to think it's heat rash. how to prevent eh?

Boy just woke up. Half way through feeding, he did his mega poo again. Can't stand it!!! Took him to the basin to wash.. kekeke.. continue feeding again.

Joelle, so far, i've only checked out 3. 1 is the The First Skool at Jurong Point. This year all full already and has about 200+ on the waiting list for next year. Another one i've checked out is The Little Skoolhouse at Jurong Safra. This one, they never mention how long is their waiting list but they urge me to put deposit earlier if i can confirm. 3rd one is the one at Arena Country Club (Pat's Schoolhouse) but i think it's too far for you. This one has a much shorter waiting list. Probably because it's the most expensive!! I realised Cherie Hearts has alot of branches. Newer ones will probably have a shorter waiting list. The First Skool has quite a number of branches as well, you can check it out online. I think there is one Whispering Hearts CC, near Frontier but this one confirm full already. But if you are not looking at putting ur bb at CC so early ie. 18months, you can still check it out, let bb go CC later ie 2012.

Xynn, i try not to give my bb pacifier as well but i realised he doesn't get addicted to it. In fact, alot of times when my MIL offer him pacifier, he will 'pui' it out! Only when he is real tired and he can't sleep, will he accept the pacifier and suck to sleep...

cefindre, i think your bb has colic, which most babies will have to some degree. According to my PD, colic peaks at week 8. I'm sure your bb will be better soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

whitefreckles, i hope so leh. Really hope the bb will resemble me abit more because i'm not having #2. If he doesn't resemble me much, i can't help but have a crazy urge to try for #2 and hope it'll be a girl and look totally like me. I'm starting to get tired of friends telling me that my boy looks like a photocopy of his dad. I think i get very jealous easily nowadays.

BW

Maybe it's the hormones acting up? So don't think too much into it. Heh. I want my #2 to be a girl too. Although my boy does look like me, I want my girl to look like me too. Ha ha..

Re: Milk Ss

I think this is a never-ending topic! Ha ha.

Just wanna check, if I do not pump or latch within 4-5 hours on one side, will my milk ss drop? Well, I latch one side for a full feed at 130pm, and latch the other side for a full feed at 430pm. Now at 7pm, my 130pm boobs is getting hard, but not that hard. As compared when I latch on both sides for a 20min feed, and pump out the remains, even if it's 20ML, both sides will harden right up within 2-3 hours. However, I can't keep up with the pumping during AM nights as I will be so tired to pump. So i usually just let it go hard. Then after a few days, when I feel my milk ss dropped, cos of soft boobs, I start my pumping routine again to boost it. This cycle just goes on and on, all due to my psychological thinking I may not have enuff milk. So tiring to work this way isn't it? =(

I read an article, it says colic usually comes at week 4 to week 6.... I thot for a moment i will tide thru it this week. But BW says peak at week 8.. faintz.. gotta endure for 2 more weeks...

bw, wf,

thanks for the encouragement. K, week 8, week 8, i'm almost there. I'll tahan. Today she smile a new smile at me, a different one from the one she usually does, that made me feel it's worth it all. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] On the positive side, becoz I slept with her all of today, I'm v well rested. I guess her colic is a different sort, as in she does not have specific crying hours, and she doesn't cry unstoppably, so it's hard for me to know if it's colic. But I take it as wind and colic, and just give ridwind. She's sleeping soundly in her cot now, I'm very happy. Been feeding her less today, because I think her reflux is not comfortable, so I'm trying to time the feeds to exactly 3hrs at least to give her room to digest, so even though she shows rooting sign sometimes when crying before the 3hrs time is due, I'm not feeding. I walk around and entertain her instead, and she doesn't cry, so I suppose it's not genuine hunger.

Elise,

hang in there, we all will make it!!!

WF,

the heat rash/pimples will just go off by itself as the weeks go by, just keep elliot cool and not overheated. and also wipe his face after each feed, so no milk stains. Emma also had some mild prickly heat rashes on neck area and little spots on the cheeks, but as she progressed into wk 6/wk7, they all automatically subside, think it's very common for young bbs. But remember to keep elliot cool and dry, not sweaty yar?

Poohgirl,

ur bb looks very mixed. Cute! Btw, I also did bb's passport already, coz we're headed to korea in 1st week of May to see grandparents. She'll be 2mths plus then. Passport photo I used photoshop to change the background to white and ica also accepted it.

BW, WF,

so fast talking abt #2?? I hope my #2 is a boy. It seems like boys gobble suckle and are less fussy (I dunno, just my observation on my sister's 2 boys and 1 girl, her boys are so much less fussy). i would like to have #2 in closer gap, but now that I'm dealing with Emma, I'm like oh boy, I can't have #2 so soon!!!

Back