(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

ladyk

i got latch my bb ley..tried to do it as much as possible but not everytime...

ladyk

i hope my suaness not due to over work during confinement...cos run hospital n hotel in n out tt time then come home do tis do that, then sometimes go out buy tis buy tt...haiz

tash

i duno if can buy at watson. we send my boy to tmc 24hr clinic n called pd on fri nite cos his poo poo got alot of blood spots. lucky dr say prob due to anus crack when push poo poo.. but he say bb is colicky so gave him "ridwind" to take 4 times per day. after taking first time he cried for a long time, tink e med purging e wind out so he uncomfy, subsequently he more ok liao then now so fussy during evening time when colic suppose to act up

bebechan,

if you pump after latch. your pump will be lesser coz bb empty yr breast, so not surprised if you get 30ml to 40ml after latching.

Tash

Ridwind can be bought OTC frm Guardian

ladyk

no ley sometimes total pump also tis amt...haiz i tink i better get hard working n pump every 3 hrs...

torayme, ya! i tried to up his feed to 110ml.. but he will always stop at 90ml.. wasted my ebm... But daily feed is 9 X 90ml = 810ml to 830ml.. He weighs 5.33kg last Thursday. I will be happy if Enzo can sleep from 12am to 4am! I only need 4 hrs pls...

Tash, the ridwind can be purchase at pharmacy... But dun give unnecessarily.

bebechan, u need to pump often to have that ss lo... Think my ss quite fixed liao.. 3hr pump - 80ml, 4 hr pump - 95/100ml.. Me trying 5 hr pump this week!

maid maid maid.. headache!! I wasnt prepare for a maid soo early.. But hubby say might as well train now since i am at home.

bebe

Aloha! Another 5 more days to the end of ur confinement? Jia you! =)

Sg weather is getting really hot! I wanna get outta here!! lol.

ladyk,

both me & hb are chinese leh. =) but I tk that as a compliment. Hee hee..

I also got imbalanced boobs le. Bb usually suckle one side and that's enuff sometimes, and I have to pump out.

I think my ss went up tho. Last 2 days been pumping and latching and now my boobs seem so full everytime. good and bad uh?

Emily

guess ultimately it's ur choice, i guess? However, sending a child to childcare got it's pros and cons too. They might pick up bad habits , sorry to say that but it happened to my nephew and my friends'nephew and a few others I have heard of too. You may get a maid now, then probably still have ur mom to be home with the maid. Then, use time to monitor the maid's attitude, habits,etc. If you're comfortable, then there's no need for childcare yet. Like my sister, cos she and my bro-in-law are often flying overseas, so they engaged a maid to take care of the bb. However, my mom or dad has to be at home no matter what. They never left the maid and bb alone. This has been going on for 3 yrs, all is fine. I think the maid will be going back next yr when my sis takes over and quits her job.

Elise,

4 hourly is good enuf for me too! Nowadays, I time my slp. It's like I sleep at 12, wake at 1, sleep at 2, wake at 4. Sleep at 5plus6, wake at 7. Then I hope to take a short nap till 9.

All in all..

4-5 hours ADD up.

Sobz. When will i be able to slp one good night of 8 hours?!??!?! hee hee.

Last night, i fly my mum's kite and she slept with baby alone from 12 midnight onwards.

At first i on the baby monitor and managed to wake up when baby cries for milk at 2am but after that, i off baby monitor and KO until 8am.

Long time no sleep until so song!!! BUT HOR boobs hard like coconut hahahaha.

bebechan,

try taking 2 fenugreek capsules 2 to 3 times a day after meals.. then pump 3hrs interval... take warm drinks and do abit breast massage just before pumping... hope it helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

WF.. me slightly better these days cos my MIL comes down at night and mum in the noon.. So i sleep from 10pm-1am, then 1.30am to 4am... Afternoon usually 1-2hrs of nap..

I also thinking when can i have continuous 8 hrs of sleep? Not possible within this 9 mths i think.. Unless u put bb in someone else care at night.

elise,

ya lo, this is what i might be doing soon.

Parents ask me to put bb with them from Mon to Thurs then i can rest and work out my distorted figure before i go work in early June. haahhaa.

BUT i will miss my baby so much... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies,

Long time hven't logged in. How's everyone coping, this is my 2nd week without CL, 1st week was really stressful, not enough sleep, no time to do anything at all. Read that someone is organising a bp for milk tea, can I join in? The stress is making my ss go down, now I have to resort to FM to supplement my gal, she is a milk monster.

ladyk

ya im taking fernugreek already tink today my ss increased..hopefully more as time goes

wf

hihi ya lor!cant wait man...d**m e confinement rules manz...so ma fan!!

re:full mth celebration

last nite my hubby flared up at his mum, e first time i ever saw since i knew him for past 7 yrs...he asked her to help buy somethings, then after tt she mentioned tt my hubby's elder bro n SIL not happy tt my hubby only sent sms to invite instead of calling him personally then my hubby super angry n started shouting at her say why they so bo liao wan to quarrel n fuss over such small matters....

hi muddypie, how much does yr gal drinks daily? U do latching or pumping?

bebechan, hang on!! yr confinement ending soon! Keke.. else play cheat.. i did 26 days only..

elise, I can't track how much she drinks, cause I latch and pump. But the problem with my gal is, she takes the longest time to drink when I latch her, can take up to 30mins each breast, the LC says she's a nibbler. And after each latching, I'll still hve to give her ebm or fm abt half an hour later. Which means, she's not getting enough. Each bottle feed, I give her abt 100ml(ebm) or 140ml(FM) and she finish them all. Esp in the day, I'm like feeding her every 2hrs, I'm so tired, and on top of that I've to attend to my boy too. Sigh....I really miss my CL.

muddypie, sounds like u got no chance to rest at all!

bebechan, behind close door no one knows! keke.

Whitefreckles, yah man.. To throw them in CC now is like so "cruel". thats what i feel too and the good thing is that my parents also disagree to send my 17mth girl to CC when she turns 18th next month. how are you coping with your little one? Hopefully things all went smoothly for you too =)

elise, yah boy, no time to sleep. My hub is away on business trip, and I'm all alone with my maid. Just managed to get my gal to sleep abt half an hr ago, I quickly shower my boy, take a shower myself, and log in to kapo abit, going to hve dinner soon, hope she can give me enough time to relax a bit.

Hey, who is organising the milk tea bp, can I still join??

wish, saw your bb's pic, so adorable.

hmm hehehehe.

just settled my girl's insurance over the weekend.

mailed out the CDA application form... opened a POSB savings account for her..

feel more settled now....

muddypie, pm winnie. she's organising.

IFC, CC, maid - this issue I have been thru it. ultimately, for someone w/o additional help at hm, IFC n CC is the best.

no doubt the kid will pick bad habits from school but at least in CC, the children are taught discipline and they are learning things in school as compared to 'educated' by my mil at hm. we decided to put our lao da in cc cos dun want him to learn granny's english and my mil was too busy taking care of his daily needs, housework and cooking to teach him much. We also cannot say oh better dun go primary school too cos they will adopt bad habits from their classmates. i guess it also boils down to your teaching as ultimately they still spend much more time with you than in school.

They do fall sick when they start CC but give them 6mths, their immunity will improve and fall less sick.

When i had problem over the caring of my #2, i teared when i thot of my 4mth old baby in IFC. v chiam. still, ended up gal in ifc and got a maid as well. later found tt my maid cld handle my gal well so dropped her out of ifc. as i've no one to watch over maid, maid started funny business. wanted to send her back but got stuck cos it wld mean no one to look after my gal. so hung on to tt maid till finally one fine day decided to sack her cos of an act which both my hb and i cld not accept. hence, if want to have maid, must hv someone at hm to watch over. getting a reliable maid really depends ALOT on luck.

Emily,

am coping well so far I guess! Staying with my ILs till my hse is ready. So right now, there are many extra hands to help around. So all's good. However, i still do all the work, as in 24/7 feeding, changing, bathing, etc. The only good part is that, I can easily pump out milk and leave to my MIL to feed if am going out with hb. Other than that, I still slp only 4 hrs add up. I feel paiseh to impose on my MIL. If it's my mom, i know she will volunteer to help me out cos' my mom feel xin tong if I had to do it all by myself. What to do? I just have to still be thankful for such a situation anyway! =)

dawn

Same same. Heavy right? My wrist hurts sometimes. And my upper back, shoulder blade area is aching! So wanna go for a massage. I am thinking, if it's feng si. I kept blowing fan while doing confinement. Ah wells... pain, pain already lor! Me to blame only! heh

no one moo-ing?? gosh it is sooo warm.. cannot tahan, i on e aircon for e whole hse cos my bb is sleeping in e living room..

wish, congrats on passing ur GTT. I hope to pass mine also...

I have been switching aircon since the day I discharge. This weather is terrible...

WF, Dawn, My wrist also hurts alot and my bb is only 3.2 kg now. I cant imgaine when bb is much older how my wrist is going to take his weight. When do bb learn to hold his own bottle?

Morning mummies

my son fussed from 1am to 3am. Crying and can't really soothe him down. Tried feeding, changing diaper, carry him, pat him, swaddling and even pacifier also doesn't work. Not sure if he had colic.... Now I m tired like a piece of deadmeat

wat is the symptom of colic and wat should I do?

hi Jules, are u referring to me for organsing the milk tea BP? Think should be Jenny instead

Wish,

She is so cute.

Hey SK mummies are you all still meeting up tmr? Can i join??

Move back to my IL house thought that things will get better cause here got more people can help, who know my mil will just stand beside me and comment this is not right,cannot like that,all negative comment which make me feel like crying, dun help me then forget it still comment so many things. People have different ways of doing things, y must i follow her ways.....

Come back here 3 days , has been crying for 3 days haiz...Already try to control but still cry..*stress..

Time really not enough to use. Morning wake up,feeding ,pump milk, hand wash baby clothes, eat my breakfast, bath for baby, feeding again.whole morning from 6am to 12noon is gone..

Afternoon need to bath, eat lunch, pump milk, wash bottle, fold baby clothes, feeding ( 2 to 3 times),play with baby awhile,and clean "ma liang". And that goes my 12noon to 6pm.

Out of all this only pumping milk and eating breakfast/ lunch and bathing dun have a pair of eye looking at me.. OMG so stress.

good morning!!!

Wish,

hehehe your girl cute cute! and she got lots of hair hor! hee hee

Sharon,

You dont have a place of your own yet huh?

Thought you were staying with your parents or something during confinement right?

Old folks always alot of comments de la.

My MIL also commenting this and that when we went back to pray ancestors; not as if the parenting style 30 years ago still applies in today's context lor!

Morning,

Ladyk,

My house is only ready by the end of the year. So have to stay with IL first.

Ya was staying at my sis place casue my mum did the confinement for me, previous was with very good term with my mil so i thought, after give birth she can help and will be ok to stay together. But who know everything like different liao.

wish, yr gal looks so much like u!!!

winnie, did u try to burp yr baby? Sometimes my boy cries cos he wans to burp....

I really dunno why my baby make soo much noise when he sleeps at night.. like horse, engine starting.. keep making this noise.. Being a light sleeper, i am kept awake by him throughout the shift when i look after him..

Just dump him to sleep on the sofa.. every morning he is in a mess cos at night keep making soo much noise and shaking ard... look like astro boy! haha.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3848521.jpg]

Mummies who latch

re: sudden arising latching problems

Mummies, do you encounter latching problems abruptly at wk 6/7? I've been latching all the while with no problems, but starting last week, my bb started showing signs of frustration whilst latching. She keeps suckling and then crying. i thought she's full, so I unlatch her, but she would open her mouth and want to suckle again. Then I'll re-latch her and she'll be v happy suckling for a few seconds, then after a few suckles, she'll cry and unlatch again, but when the nipple is close to her mouth, she'll be very eager to grab it and latch again. I don't know what's wrong. There's more than ample supply, I've checked. There's also no difference when flow is faster or slower, she behaves the same way. Only when she is drowsy, then there's no problems. Is it because I'm overfeeding her? Haiz... scheduled an appointment to see Mrs Wong nxt week. Think i'll need to sort this out asap coz bb looks so frustrated and it's happening at almost every feed except when she is drowsy, wish I could see her earlier, but she's so fully booked.

elise - really? gal look like me? most pple say look more like hubby though.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lady- I cut her hair already.. otherwise would have been longer n thicker..

Sharon - my gal with my own parents for now but they very hands-on. sometimes they also say things should be like this, like tat etc which may not be wat you want for the kid..

hehehe like Wish, my mum help me take care of my baby while staying with me but she's going back soon la. So i will go thru "probation" period to take care of her myself. If i buay tahan then i might have to leave her with my mum.

My mum will comment this and that lor - like giving pacifier, drinking water, etc... not the ideal situation i wanted but i closed one eye.

At least my mum is more hands on as compared to my MIL....

cefindre,

could it be a case of gas in her tummy? maybe can read up on reflux and colic?

elise, Enzo look like u leh! hee

Horse, engine.. yes! Elliot is the same too. Noises and sounds!

wish, your girl is so cute too. realized girls all have big eyes!

sharon,

ILs usually have some say, no choice. am staying with my ILs too. Hse only ready end of yr too. think e only benefit now is extra hands to help.. i also have my ways of parenting and taking care. Ha .. Sometimes I don't like what they do, I just keep quiet though. cos am hm 24/7 with them, hb goes to work. Better not to create any tension.

Back