(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Jules,

agree. cos' yest i used the bjorn and bb seem uncomfortable. ah wells..think i'll go mothercare and get a sling soon! how to BF with sling? is it easy?

quite ok. need practice tho. loosen the sling then latch. use the excess/loosen cloth to cover. for me, i have a problem slinging a nb

Tash, mine maid 23 years old. married without kids...prior to coming to sg, she worked in jarkata for a family for 6 years, looking after 2 new born. look out for these kind of maids...their experiences are good...mine worked for a doctor family so she quite clean conscious when come to baby.

WF, there are 2 types of sling - one with the loops which is adjustable (anyone in yr family can use)and one which comes in many sizes to fit yr built.

Hi,

Hope to get some advices from the mummies here.

I'm coming to the end of confinement this week but then the lochia is still not ended. Is this normal?

Also, I can feel that some part of my body (sometimes on the hands, fingers) a bit 'suan', does anyone has the same feeling? Sigh.... not sure is it due to me bathing (using herbal) everyday during confinement and touching water occasionally; like washing milk bottles? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thanks.

thks icy,

will try latch him later when he does his act again..now he's sleeping in my mum's arms now...

Whitefreckles,

can you pm me your aunt's maid agency contact? thks!

lynn n jules,

i hope it is a passing phrase for bb to fuss...really get on nerves sometimes..

Tash, go to a few agency and ask only for maids with new born experiences...my friend also got a maid with baby experience and she also coping well with the maid.... dun get those without experience....and also dun get maids who has worked outside indonesia...cos these maids can be sneeky already.

sunshine, my lochia ended only yesterday.. My bb is 5 weeks old. Initially i did experience some suan on my fingers but it went away..

Yes jules, u have e same mentality as my hubby.. he wans a mynamar/cambodia maid cos the population not big here..

WF, sure! i let u know if i need help w looking for maids.

elise, must be prepared if u take fresh mynamar maids, must be v patient w their english.

for me, lucky the agent herself is from mynamar. so if maid need scolding or anything, she can do tt for me in their lang. haha... of cos mine so far very gd.

Tash,

I have PM you the no. =)

lynn/jules

my bb was fussing one night like that too! from 11pm- 6am! then, i reckoned maybe it's colic or reflux. So i gave him Dentinox Colic Drops the next day. In the night, surprisingly it is much better, he slept thru except waking up for feeds, and yes he did fuss abit but no crying and fell back to slp after a while.

I guess it's also due to my infrequent burping for him, and he has alot of gas. I find it hard to burp sometimes. But anyway after the drops, he farted like nobody business! I guess that made him feel better.

Jules, Kk.. i will go have a look! one thing tho, the weather is so humid and hot! I donno if the sling will make it all the more worse?

Re: Maid

Hi Lynn,

What is the name of the agency that you got your maid from? Thanks

Whitefreckles,

Can i also know the name of your aunt's agency? Thanks

Elise,

My sis got a Indo one. I find she is good. As in, very reserve and quiet, likes to smile. She takes care of bb very well too. Hmm.. I still think if not getting a filipino one, then Indo is better. Mynanmar a little hard to talk to them le. Of cos' in the end, you'll still be given a few profiles to choose from. So no worries la.. take yr time!

Am thinking of getting a maid too. Ha ha.. but those that help out twice/week kind. To clean up the hse, etc. but that has to wait till my new hse is here.

after my 1st maid's experience, i wanted out from this maid business. then thot thru and reckon how to handle 3 kids w/o help.

jules,

hmm. my baby fusses with lots of noise and sounds. together with hands and legs movements. When he is not attended to, he will eh eh.. still nobody, he will cry! But hor, so far, my bb hasn't really really cried for long hours. That time when I suspected he had reflux, he fussed/attempting to cry and cried a while after feeds, and when put to sleep,he wakes up and cry suddenly. Carry, pacifier or rocking doesn't help. He still wanna cry.It's like, you don't know what else to do! But thank God that lasted only that particular evening/night.

Hehehehe, finally got some shots of Selene today.

She's coming 1 month old on Wednesday!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3845406.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3845407.jpg]

mymmar maids... dun get kampung ones...dun know how to operate electrical stuff...heard of a case, claassic...eemployer asked her to off the living room lights...half hour later, still on...employer went to check it out...she was shock...she stood on the ladder trying to blow off the lights!!!

Lynn,

wow really kampong maids.

i heard many horror stories of maid so i'm not getting one yet. Besides, there is nobody to supervise my maid so i'm worried. hehehehe.

Heng only #1 now so i dropping my girl with my mom to take care.... worry later when we ever want a #2... I'm still trying to get over the "stress" of having a child.

ladyk, ur Princess is so cute! Chubby chubby~ So adorable!

Carol, aiyoh...you and Andy ar...already gave Heidi a big present liao. But thank you very much! I have no chance to give Ayden anything yet...been staying home, trying to cope with Heidi, pumping and feeding. I think I will stop ebm when Heidi reaches 3 month!

Torayme,

hahahaha thanks. that's the result of 2.5hrs feeding interval lor. She's a little milk monster [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Emily,

Not yet. Cos' my new hse is not up yet. Hee! But cos' since young, have been having maid all along. I find that all the maids I have had before, are all very good le, no bad experience at all. They are like friends Even after they have moved on, they will call my hse, or send regards to the elders. Mostly filipinos, 2 Indos before.

So mummies, I hope you'll get a good one too! =)

elise, I am surprised enzo taking 90 - 100ml only. Heidi is taking 100-120ml at week 5. Maybe you want to up his feed and see if he can sleep longer? Just a suggestion.

Heidi still not giving any indication that she is ready to increase her feed to 140ml. She sleep through from 12.30am to 5.20am this morning! WOOOooo...I was super amazed. Wonder if it will happen again today. Hehe...

Torayme,

good leh! 12 to 5am.... beauty sleep for you!!!!

My girl having growth spurt so she's still waking up 2.5hrs interval and scream murder... she doesn't want to drink anything more than 100ml per feed so she's drinking around 1000ml daily.

alo mummies...miss u all so much!!

sooooooo busy also duno busy w wat leh

then very tired leh....

need some advise fm u all

bb now 25 days, how much EBM shld i get if im pumping per session huh? i tink my milk supply super low lor ard 30-40 per pump but bb needs to drink ard 100-120 then satisfied so have to supplement w FM everytime...im taking fernugreek liao...

Tash n ladyk, don't envy me. I forgot to mention her 20min of fussing at 2am. Think that worn her out. 20min only cos my MIL calmed her down immediately when I passed heidi over. So i took her back and we both sleep till 5am.

Torayme,

oh i see. good la, hope Heidi's pattern continue. guess they should slowly grow into a sleeping routine... and not remain as a newborn forever.. hehehehe.

Jules,

i bought but have not tried yet.

Keeping it as the last resort (because it's the most expensive "investment")!!!

bebechan,

the BM Yield per pumping session depends on the "interval" you pump... because if you never pump the whole night and do the first pump in the morning - you should get much more BM.

how come you feeling so tired?

Your mum helping you with confinement and night duties right? Ample rest, fluid intake, diet, regular pumping/latching are important in establishing a good BM supply.

bebe,

long time no see! hope all is well.;-) my ss also low, so i can't b bothered liao, too stressful, thus give FM too... now bb fussed a lot, want to be carried then sleep...jia lat! not sure growth spurt or colicky too... have to monitor first...

ladyk

my mum help to cook n take care during day time, nite time i take care myself so usually slp at 12, wake up at 3 and 6 then day time i cant slp so i do house work a bit here n there cos i cant stand untidiness n dust so very tired lor...

my pump ah aiyo i don dare say haha sometimes 12 hrs 1 pump sometimes 6 hrs always no time to pump...only when bb start crying for milk i will "oops forgot to pump jus now"

my milk dropped alot after my hospitalisation...duno if they will come back...

sunshine

i also same as u, lochia has not ended n some parts of body feel suan at times...i scared its water get in but i dun dare tell my mum cos if not she will say "see lar tell u don bath don listen.."

baby pink,

saw yr earlier posting! hope all is well! dun stress too much, that's wat i am telliing myself too..am feeling incompetent n not "motherly" too, and also thot of if i am suitable to be a mum...but then, bb is born, cannot do nothing... but just to try our best to take care and ask for help..am still learning n trying to cope too..it helps to pop by this forum to rant off when you need it...i dread of confinement ends n mum going bk to work...i dun think i hv the patience to take care bb day n nite...thus thinking of getting maid...infantcare starts 3rd mth onwards, i hv registered too..

tash

halo!!long time no "see" haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my boy also colicky, now on rid wind prescribed by dr, then after taking he poot poot poot alot...

bebechan,

u do exclusive pumping and do not latch the baby right?

then 30 to 40ml is because you not hardworking in your pumping/ latching schedule. You can start 3hrs interval pumping or latch your baby if you really wanna up your milk SS.

hi bebe!

my son poo poo n fart alot too, haven yet bg him see doc...can buy over the counter colick medicine at watson rite?

so how's yr boy after he took the medicine? more calm n less fussy?

talking about suan-ness, my lower back always suan when i lie down flat! i think it's because of the sideway sleeping posture during the later days of my pregnancy... hope it's not because of epidural..

Whitefreckles, icic.. As my mum will be looking after my girls for me when i return back to work.. Still hesistating between Cchild care or a maid though..

Back