(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Tiga, I drink Dom and mix with hot warm. Ex CL said its more warming for the body. But i drink after my last pump before sleeping.

Elise, could it be the high amt of milk we give, thats why bb pukes? But when reduce, bb dont seems enough. Really hard to tell what bb wants...

Sky, why take the hep B jab? Thought its already done at TMC?

So good that u can go shopping already!

Sstarlight, i think can take ginger but minimal during 1st 2 wks. Once jaundice cleared or settled by 3rd wk then u can increase intake. I also take tonic soup since i discharge...

I dont think red dates will cause big tummy. I been drinking n never touch plain water, my tummy already flat, just a slight bulge. Heard its plain water that make it hard to lose weight n can cause water retention.

Noscon, i m now 27 days, think lochia more or less gone, just slight stain since few days ago..

Cloudys, dont give up! Be determined and am sure ur ss will go up!

HJ, congrats!

Hello Mommies, pop in to say congrats to those that already POP!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] HJ

Esther, cos my masseuse was saying usually by this time should be starting to heal n dissolve le but mine is still raw..

Oh, for mummies who are latching, actually how long should we latch each side? Sometimes when baby falls asleep stops sucking despite prodding, i'll burp her dan try e other side. Or is it nec to continue pushing for e 1st breast for a specific time?

wow u all slim down so fast! my tummy still huge like few mths preggy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] though my weight gone down till 1kg bef pre preggy. dunno is it cos mine is csect? never do massage cos still feel some pain on the left.

Babyl, Esther,

I also went PD yesterday - prescribed Ridwind but because I was desperate, I went to guardian and bought Dentinox just prior to seeing PD, PD said Dentinox is similar to Ridwind they work the same, so I can opt to use Dentinox. PD also prescribed another even stronger liquid in case ridwind/dentinox doesn't work, then I'll use the stronger liquid for intestinal gas, as my bb's tummy is quite bloated and she was getting very uncomfy yesterday and fussing alot. Since yesterday afternoon, I've been giving bb Dentinox, it's helped quite abit. U may want to get from guardian pharmacy or go see a PD alternatively.

afternoon mommies,

went to gynae to remove the stitches. kaitlyn's jaundice has gone down to 9.4 yippie!! she is now 3.1kg!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

also bought fenugreek from guardian. now on 20% discount

each bottle is abt $22. hope it works [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

congrats HJ!!

Timy, I guess coz we did the massage, so tummy bind till small. Maybe once u done ur massage, will be much smaller liao. I still have 5kg to lose though...

babyl

i dunno when i can do massage.. but the longer i wait to do, the less effective. so i think i may not do already.

Really feel like venting out here....

My MIL is helping us out since CL left. Felt indebted to her so dont want to complain much. But lately, I really want to break down and upset by her...

1. She gives bb EBM when i told her that I want to latch bb.

2. She tests EBM by dipping her little finger into the WHOLE BOTTLE OF MILK!

3. She cooks a dish, mixed with afternoon leftovers for me.

4. She said baby has low resistance coz she feels cold easily when bathing. Even kept commenting that I am weak which I hate it.

5. Gives bb the strong med which we told her to give when necessary

6. Dont want to apply cream on bb's face after bath and always wait till later....(wait till when?) so end up I will re-clean bb's face n apply for her.

7. Keep bits of food here n there in freezer till there is so much thngs. Even 1 mushroom also want to keep instead of cook it altogether.

8. Prepare bb's milk 1-2 hrs before feeding time. She said if warm just right before feed, can cause wind. Got such logic???

Sigh...if I am allowed to bathe bb, I dont mind to just take over n take care on my own....also feel bad to keep complaining to hubby to make him caught in between...

babyl

oh no! just vent it out here to feel better! there is def differences when MIL takes care. thats why i also do not want. when is ur confinement over? u can slowly take over the caring part?

BabyL, OMG. I will snap too if I were you. The little finger into EBM is really too much! Can you tell her not to do it? I will suggest you rush to the baby before your MIL gets to the baby during feeding time. Your baby's feeding time quite fixed right? Or hold the baby and get ready to latch even before baby wakes and etc...till she gets the picture.

jonjosh, congratulations on Kaitlyn's weight gain.

cefindre, did your baby has colic as well? Mine will cry from 11pm to 1am like that. The golden hours. I very exasperated and I felt like such a failure when I give in to my MIL who brought bb to chant at their alter. But after speaking to my NCC counselor, I felt so much better. Wonder how we will get by tonight...pray pray pray...

Cloudys, if bb does nt respong despite prodding n I've fed him on one side at least 10. Min, I'd burp him then switch sides n come back to first breast again later. U cld oso change diapers before switching sides.helps wake sleepy bb. But run risk of bb pee or poo again after feeding

Congrats HJ!

Cloudys, my stitches got better ard week 2.. Now into 3rd week it has recovered.

timy, i really salute u for being soo persistent! My per pump 60ml i feel like giving up.. felt it is a waste of time.. Now i dragging my pumping session to 3.5hrs.. really sick of pumping plus my breast sooo sore from the pumping.

BabyL, hugs.. is yr MIL going to continue to help u after full mth? Hubby must be strong to them.. After my crying incident n hubby scolding all of them, no one dares to nag at me now.. MIL come down bathe bb and she will go up.. I told hubby i cannot take anymore stress...

Timy, I feel bad to vent here but really cant take it. This wk is the last week so will have to hang on here. But I am afraid if I go back to work, how my MIL will take care of bb when I cant get to see. I told my hubby if she gives bb leftover food or funny stuff with her weird logic, I will send bb to infant care straightaway...

Torayme, yes! My eyes were wide open when i saw that! Very shock! I told her its so unhygenic and dirty to dip the finger into the milk. She said she washed hand n that her wrist is not sensitive enough to test the temp. What's worse is that, she said next time bb will listen to her. I said better not! Sometimes she gives bb super hot milk too n said its OK. I have to go put under running tap to cool... Ya, will go to bb once its feeding time..

I was feeling miserable about pumping...all the washing and sterilising is getting to me. My hands felt so dry and all...then my hubby reminded me to apply hand cream. Then after I applied my handcream, I miraculously felt better! Seems that my life changed...but not that bad of an extend. I think things will get better as our babies get stronger and older. Ganbatte to all new mommies! Don't despair!

sstarlight,

i did explain to my no.1 the reason y i need to take care of the newborn, bt she just dun wan to accept it.keep asking me not to touch or talk to the baby, she even want to hit the baby.kinda stressful and depress seeing her behaving in this manner.The problem with my DH is he is a pc of wood, he doesn't know how to handle my no.1 and find ways to distract her.i just hope it is a passing phrase and eventually my no. 1 will slowly accept her sibling.

torayme, me too! i dread pumping!! Everytime the time comes i feel soo sick abt it.. How often are u pumping?

I dun sterilize after each pump, i rinse it and put in container n keep in the fridge.. One day only sterilize twice, 8am and 8pm..

Oh, the food from nata-essential is good!! At least it doesnt taste like typical confinement food.

Elise, my MIL will only take care of bb when I go back to work. After full month, i will be taking care of her myself with hubby. He taking leave for 3 wks to help me settle down. My hubby said he will talk to his mum about the med tonight coz he told her not to feed and MIL still said OK. Who knows she still go ahead after that..

Good that ur MIL dont nag liao...otherwise really very stressful..

Babyl

I also suggest to my CL I drink Dom mixed with hot water after my last pump (ard 11pm-12am) before going to bed. My next pump will be at 5-6am. She still say cannot leh. Ask me to freeze or discard that BM if I pump out.

She reminds me of my MIL. So darn freaking inflexible.

Ok, I will continue to drink my red date tea as long as it wont cause bloatness.

Cloudys,

I usually let my son latch on 15 mins one one side. But if I still feel the breast is still full after 15mins, I let him continue to latch on another 15 mins.

babyL, that's good! At least hubby with u for 3 weeks...

Precisely, i dun understand why they dun want to listen what we says.. keep want to do their way... Maybe for my case, i was crying really badly that hubby got soo angry to scold them..

BabyL, jiayou~ Keep latching! Don't go think too much about what your MIL had done. Your breastmilk provided enough protection for baby against that little finger dipping.

elise, your hubby took leave from work to stay home with you for your confinement? Envious~ Everyday I feel like making my hubby take leave to stay home with me. But I have to be realistic lah, we need his salary~

Babyl,

Dipping her finger into the whole bottle of milk is NO NO. Got to tell her cannot test this way!!! tell her nicely the proper way to test the temp is to cover the teat, then pour a bit of milk out and test on the wrist.

If still dun listen, then buy a milk thermometer for her ba. I think Munchkin have a thermometer for testing milk temp.

Babyl,

So sweet of your DH to help you for 3 weeks.

Sigh your MIL and mine same same. Loves to give baby hot hot milk (kills all the nutrients in the bm). This time round my confinement, I make sure my MIL stay far far away. Else I will get post natal blues.

Cheese_mochi,

Try to have a talk with your DH. Raising a child takes both parents effort. He got to help you to distract your number 1. Else it will be very difficult for you to cope later.

elise, i rather irregular about pumping. probably 6 times a day only. I will pump at about 8am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, (11pm cannot pump cos bb fussing like mad) then engorgement at 3am which forces me to pump. I also sterilise like twice a day nia. Other time just handwash and left to air-dry.

torayme, my hubby works from home because he works US timing.. So he is at home most of the time but day time he needs to run a few errands so i have my mum helping me..

Elise,

Cos the old folks think their methods are tested and proven and they are more experienced than us.

My MIL always say "must listen to old folk's advise". She did confinement for me when I had my no 1. Straight after my confinement end, I fever for 3 days. Some old folk's advice...

That's why this time round I got a CL. Thank heavens my CL is much better than my MIL.

BabyL,

hmm faint leh your MIL.

actually if the milk leave in open, more air gets introduced and more prone to colic leh. kekeekkee.

when was the last time she took care of baby? back during your hubby's birth time?

my MIL also v in her own era!

1. she claims that she could leave the baby in the house and go marketing then the baby is still the same position.

2. she claims that its v easy to handle baby feeding, just put them in the chair or stroller, they will not fidget and just eat obediently.

HELLO, kids these days where got so "stupid", they are so active and hyper!!! babies were born with eyes closed and only open 1 week later in the past. these days baby are born with eyes wide open lor!

Torayme,

my hubby also carried the baby and chanted in front of their altar... i had mixed feelings abt it also. i dont have a religion but i'm not open to their religion, too much hard selling i feel. but i take it as my hubby saying prayers for our daughter.... and see open lor.

ladykirvin, your husband is SOKA or Nichiren(dunno what). My husband and his family are the Nichiren one. As long as its not forcing my baby to commit to their religion, I am ok with it.

Babies are stronger nowadays. I woke up to find my baby sleeping slanting towards me when I placed her in a straight position. Unless you use bolsters or something to block her. Then they wouldn't move. But its only for newborns. But STILL...we cannot be too careful. Better don't risk.

actually when the milk temperature is too cold or too hot, you will notice that the baby rejects them, they are quite smart!

but of course the milk was HOT-HOT and eventually cooled down... then cant tell la.. but agreed that hot hot kill nutrients, esp EBM.

Torayme,

Yah SOKA... the biggest compromise is to let him have the altar at home. my hubby did talked to me about introducing our baby to the religion. in order not to make things ugly, i didnt really make a firm stand - because techncially he has "50% shareholding" in the baby.

the thankful thing is my hubby is not as committed as his other family members....

Oh my baby loves to sleep slanted too.

my mum ask me to use pillow and bolsters to block, in case they start learning how to flip etc...

torayme,

yup my bb has colic as well, her stomach is bloated n gas accumulated in intestinals, so pd said at least the reason is clear, gave the dentinox drops to help her pass out gas, seems she is relieved. past nite she was crying in pain, heartpain n really couldnt help her. frantically burping her to force air out, but still bloated, thank god the drops helped relieve her abit. yar, really not easy being a mummy, when she cried like that I felt so stressed by morning, coz it was at hrly intervals, like she had stomachache or something. reaally can drive a person nuts when u hear continual crying till morning esp since im handling her alone.

sstarlight,

i also drink red dates longan tea. dont think it cause bloatnessness... hee ehee

hey you mentioned abt milk thermometer, i think i will invest in one too. i find it insecure to estimate milk temperature (be in preparing FM or heating up EBM from chiller) by sense of touch.

Is the right temperature 40C?

Congratz to HJ!

Hi mummies, i log in since morning but no time to read or post. My boy vy cranky this morning. I was carrying him from 9-1.30pm. Trying vy vy hard to make him slp but nothing works. In fact, he's vy sleepy but wanna me to carry him and slp which is impossible. I need to do hsework. I only went to wash my face at 12pm, can u imagine! and never had a drop of water till 1.30pm. Was feeling so helpless that I broke down juz now, was scolidng my boy too. Felt bad about scolding him but I juz cant control my emotions.

Sstarlight, my CL said its OK to drink alcohol even when bf coz the milk wont get in touch with the alcohol. Guess really diff ppl got diff practice. If 5-6 hrs diff, i think still Ok, no need to throw away, so wasted wor...

I taught my MIL the way of testing the milk but she said she cant feel properly on her wrist. The 1st time i saw her test was also quite jialat. She poured a whole lot of milk onto her fingers n now she changed to dipping finger. I see my milk being "mistreated", i so heartpain..

Furthermore, she can warm the milk 1-2hrs before feeding time...warm, cool and re-warm, just doesnt make sense to me. They really have weird practices..

Elise, yeah...he said to help me out in case I cant handle alone. He knows I get into depression easily so better keep me company till I can cope myself.

Good that ur hubby still support u and scold them. Otherwise, they sure keep nagging non-stop.

Torayme, hope the bm really provides enough protection. I really scared of the bacteria. Though MIL claimed she washed her hand but am not sure..

LadyK, sad to say...my MIL no experience with babies. My hubby and BILs are all taken care by a nanny. Thats why I am pretty concern that she takes care of my bb in future. The first time i saw her bathe bb, she struggled abit, I so worried... But coz hubby afraid of infant care with so many bbs, he wants his mum to take care instead..

Wow, ur MIL also steady! Leave bb in house while go marketing? Dangerous leh! U may not know what will happen next lor..

congrats HJ, welcome to the CLUB!!

BabyL,

yah la, my mum also said.. what if she kena trapped in the lift etc... then nobody knows what will happen to the baby. so i will never want to let my MIL take care of the baby man.

abt rewarming milk, i read that re-warming milk kills nutrients in them, so it's not that advisable but again like you said - old folks got v weird logic..

Joelle,

how abt a baby sling, will it help?

babyl

just rant here. 'ren' for this week then u can take over completely. old folks r like that. u tell them, they dun listen. and they always think they are right!

elise

yah i still pump every 2 hrs if poosible, else 3 hrs. today pumped 5 times already. i also sterlise after every pump. so i wash till my hands r wrinkled lor.. plus my elect bill and water bill sure go up! i never buy Fm, so very dependent on bm. maybe one day need to go out at nite to buy fm..

Joelle, I used to sling my daughter and do housework. Otherwise nothing will get done either. You'd just need to improvise where ever possible;)

out at the yard downstairs to accompany daughter to playground while I sun Ayden ;p.

joelle

maybe u can put bb in sling then move ard at home? i havent tried that yet. though i got a sling. i usu carry bb football position and do stuff.

I am a mother of two girls aged 16mths2wks and 16days old. Me too has been taking care of my younger girl alone. It really can be very tiring but looking at her drinking her milk and falling deep into sleep after that. It makes me feel so contented. Its part and parcel of motherhood though. Stay positive always ladies =) Nothing is impossible, always remember is the mind over the body and soul.

Emily,

thx for your encouragement.

i share the same feeling as you when i see her drinking her milk, playing with herself and then falling deep into sleep - the feeling is beyond description. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

LadyK, I told her before about re-warming is not good, even hubby re-emphasized to her. She said OK but the night before, I caught her warming up the milk when the feeding time is next hr again. I qns her, she juz mumbled and walk off....i pissed till I told hubby. He also dunno what to say.. Her mindset is bb cant wait for milk so if warm direct from fridge, takes very long so she take out early to warm first. But sometimes when bb cries, she asked me to leave her alone n let her cry. Aiyo, i really confused by what she says sometimes..

Who going to take care of ur bb once u back to work? Ur mum?

Timy, i just worried about her taking care of bb when i back to work...hope she doesnt do some funny stuffs..

Joelle, hugz...my bb fusses alot just now also. I left her alone on the bed till she fall asleep by herself...

Carol, u sunning bb now? I heard morning sun is the best before 9 or 10am. Afternoon too hot for bb and its best to be after 5pm...

so cute to see my bb legs, arms and cheeks getting chubbier. makes me wanna work realy hard to give her bm.

ladyk

i havent had enough to start freezing bm yet. what i have in fridge and pump out is enough for one dya at most. so i must keep pumping else no more bm. today pump out abt 500ml, enough for half of her feeds only.

Back