(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Kath : u rem last time i told u Cherish was on 160ml of ebm 6 times a day? Wah lau that time i nearly tot I am a cow... i just keep pumping everyday , 6 times a day...

Then I slowly replce. Now she is on 3 feeds of ebm and 2 feeds of fm. With 2 porridge meal for lunch and dinner. In between she gets to eat snacks... so now I can slow dwn my pumping...the initial stages I rem i must pump at least 1.2litres then can support her intake... then now i only need to pump 700ml a day... hee... hope i can slow dwn my pumping...

You can blocked ducts? bcos u slow dwn pumping or Jin Yuan nvr drain properly for u ? :p

Ivy: hmmm i cannot advise u when to stop lei... my initial plan was to bf Cherish for 6 mths... but just when i want to stop when she was abt 5 mths old, she started teething and was super uncomfortable. And she started rejecting milk and food that time too. So i did not wean her off totally at that point of time. After her teething uncomfy wears off I started to wean her... frm Aug onwards... So i started replacing her feed with fm one by one... now she is on at least 2-3 feed of fm... I wan to wean her off totally by her 1st birthday. And by then I think most of her nutrients can come from her solids and fm can supplement the nutrients too..

Christine (evangeline) : U stop alr? envy... I can't stop totally yet... cos I have not fully replace Cherish feed with fm yet. And also I cannot stretch too long w/o pumping , i would be super engorge. So I have to slow dwn the supply bit by bit... Yes last time I rem I was into fenugreek and papaya fish soup to increase milk... now I keep drinking bubble tea... cos i notice bubble tea reduces my milk flow... hahahha...

Shortlegged pig : if u really wan to con't bf-ing then y dun u con't? I can understand yr "zhi xiang mao dun"... cos everytime i c the amt i pump nowadays i also sad... hahahha.... but i just keep telling myself, "God has been good to me." Cos I manage to bf her for 8 months now... and she is a big girl now, so her main nutrients food source should come from her solids and fm now... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happiness, block ducts due to meeting during the last 2weeks n cant pump my milk on time.....of cos, my jy also did not sucking my milk properly as hw is v kpo one, cant concentrate to drink milk....got ppl walk pass the room, he wil stop n lok ard. As i said,he is having buffet n Sometimes he suck for fun lor......now my jy dun like fm, he would rather wait for me to latch him than drunk fm

Fengreek n sacred tea dont work gfor me....now i m taking more milk plus n more milk special blend ....these work better for me..but exp

Fengreek n sacred tea dont work gfor me....now i m taking more milk plus n more milk special blend ....these work better for me..but exp

Kath : dun be angry with jin Yuan... at this age very kpo wan... My gal also... eat porridge halfway, my spoon halfway in her mouth she hear sound only she turn, the spoonful of porridge will spill all over lor...

Cherish initially also dun like fm.... that's y i have to replace the ebm feed slowly lor...its quite tough to feed her fm as compared to bm that she can gobble dwn in mere mins... fm can take 1/2 hr at times... must slowly coax

Hi mummies,

sorry for interrupt.

i have a brand new similac 2 (400g) for sale @ $10 or exchange for Enfalac A+

kindly PM me if interested :)

happiness.....ya....i know that....but no choice right.... I wonder how can i make Jin Yuan to be more interested in the FM??? I tot to change to another brand...probably this will not happen.....

that talk i attended was abt how to make more milk...but that is more for pregyy mummies more than mummies like us who has been BF-ing..... But i got the book...the book was not bad....quite interesting....alot of things that i dont know....

happiness: You mentioned that bubble tea cause your milk supply to drop? As in pearl milk tea or something else? I like to drink bubble tea. So far it doesn't seem to affect me but still I want to know so that it will not affect my supply. :p

kath: It is normal. My boy is also very kpo. They are at a very curious stage now. Will turn the moment he hear sound or someone talking.

May I know what is the book that they introduced? I am interested to read. Thanks. =)

Happiness:

My new workplace has no pumping room and the toilets are also not pump friendly, so no choice got to stop. Also, I wanted to regain my "freedom"... heehee... selfish mummy. ;p

I started weaning by only pumping 3 times (around 1.5 months), then twice (around 3-4 weeks), then once around another 3 weeks... slowly cut down, so I do not really feel the engorgement.

Btw, it is true eating and drinking cold things can affect your milk supply...

Hi Good morning mummiesss.....

bel.....the name of the book is "The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk" by Diana West.....

Kath: way fm r u feeding? Maybe JY dun like the taste

Bel: everytimr I drink bubble green tea I always pump lesser Amount out lei.

Christine: I dun knw abt cold drinks but bubble green tea decreases my amount pump out.

happiness....i fed jin yuan with similac.... i also think that he dont like the taste of the FM.....my jin yuan is very fussy abt food or things he drink.... he is very choosy..... the cereal too sweet/too rough/got smell... all he dont like & refuse to eat... sweet drinks also dont like.... lucky....he do eat carrots & potato & pumpkin....& some "bottles" food.... what milk is cherish drinking????

Good morning mummies...

Kath: Thanks. I will check out the book.

Happiness: Oh, normally I drink pearl milk tea. So far I did not see any significant decrease in supply. I will skip bubble green tea, just in case. hehehe

Christine: For me, taking cold drinks did not affect my supply

Good morning mummies!

Happi,

I initially planned to stop at 6 mths but now it is already 8 mths and I m slowing down to 2 pumops a day. Wanna stop coz hubby wants to try for a 2nd kid maybe beginning next yr and it was not easy for me to get pregnant as I only have 1 tube. Bo bian, can't bear to stop also hv to stop soon.

Anyway, I m going to bring son for jab later. Any qns u gals want me to ask pd?

Shortlegged can help me ask about the diaper If have a little red n orangey it looks like blood but there's no discomfort in baby,I search online n it is something to be uric acid.is it common in babies??serious?but not always the diaper will have this colour stain only at times

Kath,

1 way to change ur boy's fussy eating habits...

if u not too xin teng abt ur bb...

Stretch his feeding time...he will be so hungry that he will gobble down anything.

i know this, cos i gave bitter medicine in his milk...initially he refused to drink...

We waited...and he is so hungry, he immed gobbled down e doped milk despite e yucky taste!

After that, he got used to e doped milk & drinks it.

Cos if u dun change now..next time when he's older,

i'll forsee u will have a difficult time chasing after him to eat food! ;p

Hi all, will like to hear some views from u all..

My girl always gobbled up all her porridge which my mil had prepared, I had tasted it b4, indeed, it's tasty.. Den recently I got to know that she added a bit of salt to taste.. Is it okie for my girl to take salt at this age (8mths old)?

HI Ivy,

Is it the stain from poo? Sometimes, I see orangy stain on diaper as well n i realised it was bb trying to poo. Anyway, I will try n help you ask

Hi SpringDays,

Personally, I will not add salt to bb's food but that is just my view. What I worry is once you start adding, ur gal will prefer strong tasting food and may not accept bland food in future.

Hi springdays,

I think it is not advisable for bb to consume salt now. Cos we also duno wat is the amt of salt that their kidneys can handle. In fact my PD and Mrs Wong Boi Boi also advised against adding dried scallops n ikan bilis into their food cos they contain high level of sodium.

Try preparing food in their own natural sweetness. Adding pumpkin, carrots, potatoes n wild yam to the porridge can enhance the sweetness so no need to add salt liao.

Kath: cherish on similac too. U try to feed abit by bit. Thts wat i did initially when I intro fm. 30ml 1st when she is hungry thrn slowly increase.

Shortlegged: u planning to try for 2nd bb alr? I will only plan another 3-4 yrs later. Nw I just want to focus on my girl. Oh u only had 1 tube? U got preg naturally? For me I hv weak womb. So when I was preg i had hormone jab every week for 3 mths. It was toturous. Thr jabs r super pAinful. Then I had ms throughout my whole pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so now think wan to go thru tht again also send shudders dwn my spine.

Chrisstan....me dont xin teng my baby....hahhahah....just that my maid was the one who xin teng him......i will let my maid know to drag the time....at time, he really go on milk strike....can dont drink milk one lor then he will wait for me to latch him.....

Happiness..... so far i did not increse the milk & told my maid no need to make so much FM since he also got left over.... still jin yuan still have left over.......

springdays....no need to add salt in the food that the baby are eating as they no need that at the momentssss..... for me.... my maid will cook the soup every day...& i told her to scoop the soup (for baby) 1st b4 adding salt..... dont add too much as i also dont wan my elder son to in-take too much salt.---

Thanks ladies, then what about marmite? I assume it is also not advisable??

My girl has one tooth now, and my mum says she's ready for meat, is this true? She can't even chew the fish properly how to have meat? Will she get indigestion?

springdays: My mum cook bb's porridge w/o salt too. We started giving him meat recently. Put the meat into the porridge to cook then blend together with the rest of the ingredients.

The only time we gave him salt was when he had diarrhea. Doctor told us to give him plain white porridge with a pinch of salt and sugar. It is not for taste so just a tiny bit will do.

Ivy: just sharing, my number 1 had orangey crystals in his urine but this was when he was a newborn and he was under the UV light for jaundice & doc said the crystals were cos he was not getting enough fluids. But our babies now are about 8 months so I don't think it's the same thing. Why not bring your baby to the gp/ped to check, for peace of mind?

Ivy : his urine got fishy smell??? or some strange smell tht differs frm his normal pee??? fever?

Springdays : my nanny n I cook my girl's porridge w/o salt. All come from natral taste frm the dried scallops/ yin yu / pork ribs etc... i add in some wolfberries to sweeten the broth too... u can try... can try meat/fish... just mash it... that's wat i did for my girl's porridge...

Just brought Justin to gp,says it's most likely colouring but his food no coloring,he gave something med to clear his urine if not getting better then have to check his urine.he don't shows sign of discomfort or is it that he's not drinking enough?I tbf by latching so not sure how much he drinks

Maybe it's time to stop tbf.

Centrepoint robinsons have sale for leapfrog,playskool, Lamaze n taf etc toys till end of this week

Thanks all for the advise.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

To those mummies who are still bf-ing, *salute*, I stopped when my girl turned 6 mths old, it's too tiring for me bcos I was always the last to slp and first to wake up to express milk.. But.. No regrets.. Will still bf if I have a second child..

Ivy: I don't think it's not enough to drink cos there will be other signs. Your baby is growing well & happy & active right?But I find the reason given by the gp odd ley... How long have you seen this colour in baby's pee?

it is colour stain on the diaper.Justin is growing well...no discomfort. the colour is on and off....past one month i think...the colour is light but only yesterday it is quite obvious so i brought him to see doc.

springdays: i feed my boy with pork porridge sometimes.. the meat is chopped into very tiny bits. he has 2 teeth at the bottom now and he can chew the meat!

Yo! Hi mummies! Ling time no visit..

Good morn!

Hmm.. Talking abt food? Got a nagging Qs:

If feed bb pork or meat outside fish will LO temper be not as 'tame' kind?

Cos recently heard from hubby his peers advise fish 1st intro red meat as late as possible. Scared bb abit like 'wild' or 臭脾气 kind..

Argghhhhhhhhhhhh...! moo moo early in the morn again...... thk God got nursing room..Yawnzzzzz

counting down.. < 48hours more to wk end!

Morning Mommies!

fii0nn: yep. i ordered from aimummy. eh, i nv tried before.. haha... the link was gotten from my gf. Hmmm.... based on the pictures and words of mouths, seems quite alright.

Angel: Nv heard of this myth before, but my girl already started on meat, and she sure has some temper, and it's bcos she's a tigress..

Fii0nn: my girl's appetite got better after we introduced meat and I'm happy bcos she is one skinny bb, only drinks avg 120ml of milk per feed..

Halo mummies,

Angel: I think that it is a myth too. I don't think feeding red meat early, bb be 'wild' or 臭脾气...

bbin: I think all the mummies here are busy with work and their LOs?

hi mummiesss......

Agreed with BEL.....most of us are quite busy at work......just like me....only can see cant really post....

Back