(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

mico :

Thks !!

Will hav to work out vaccine plans again..

Think other than the 6in1, will bring my girl to Polyclinics for the rest of the jabs liaoz..

how much milk ur bb drink now ? mine 3 weeks few days.. fm =90ml, EBM=100 -130ml..how abtr ur bb.. i wonder if he drinks enough.. every 2 hourly

i take from polyclinic cos near my home, i have no choice , take 5in1 cos the polyclinic no 6in1.. polyclinic will do baby development assessment for free too

hi sorry to interrupt

I have a BNWT Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Stevie (Black) selling at S$288 only and Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Jillian (pink) selling at S$268 only. All items are BNWT, comes with original Kate Spade dustbag, care card and hanging tag. For fast deal, please email [email protected]. Thanks

bbin : Ya the Drypers S size a little tight alr. Think will outgrow soon. Still got 2 packs. hv to faster used them up. My girl is drinking 150ml of milk per feed. For my gal if her feeding time is 10am (for eg), when she stir at 9.45am, i will faster prepare her for bath. Dun wait till last min at feeding timw to bath. Cos by then they hungry alr, so will be too cranky to keep still.

Whoofy : Basics jabs are free at Polyclinic. Call them and ask what jabs are free, if u stay near polyclinic. Can save some $$.

Jmi : Thanks. I will go get some"hou si" from NTUC then.... hee... hope it boost up my milk output...

Vinwee : Ok i will try hou si. Maybe also papaya soup... but difficult to buy green papaya. Hmmm...

christine -> thks for the update. hv yr girl jab the second doze of hep b?

btw, anyone bringing yr bb to jab at GP? GP should be cheaper...

Happiness,

Yeah, try to boil "hou si" and papaya + fish soup. Must boil longer. I boil for 2 or 3 hours at least. Put wolsberry and "bei qi" . And u may add ginger in your fish soup.

Green papaya. Go to wet market. Order from the fruits stall uncle. If not they will reject the green papaya to the wholesaler coz nobody eat green papaya except us at the moment.

hi mummies, i am feb mum too, hope i can join your thread.

I am trying to TBF my 3 week old girl but as many mummies here experience, low supply so I supplement with FM. I only started expressing yesterday as my girl falls asleep quickly when latch on. I also find she has gentle suckle or refuse to suckle due to low milk supply.

my current is only 60ml combined, i try to express every 2 to 3 hours, but not at night as my girl is night owl and i have sleepless night due to that.

wondering how to keep baby more awake in the day so she can sleep longer at night ?

Mami : Welcome ! Think u r going thru what I went thru a few weeks back. When my girl was abt 3 weeks she also does not wan to sleep at nite. So what we did was to keep her awake from 7pm onwards. till abt 10pm then feed her then put her to bed. But from 7pm - 10pm will be tough for u and hb. Cos someone has to be ard to "entertain" her. N when she gets real sleepy she will also be very very cranky. U just have to tahan. My gal is now 7 weeks. SHe sleeps lesser during the day now. N also we still try to keep her awake from 8pm to 10pm. She is used to the 8pm to 10pm "staying awake" now. Cos its also her bonding time with daddy. During daytime, I will wake her up 1/2 an hr earlier then her feeding time. Then take my own sweet time to change her diapers, and talk to her. This also cut short her sleeping time during the day. Its trial n error. Hope my methods works for yr girl.

Happiness,

Yes, green papaya is the unripe papaya. Normally the fruits stall dun keep much green papaya. So you can ask the uncle keep for you.

mami35,

welcome!! What my cousin did was to feed the baby right before 12 midnite or b4 the parents go to bed.. then the bb can last thru. But there's not right or wrong or definete answer to this. Every bb is diff. For me, i try to wake bb up and put him to sleep before 9pm then he wake up once for feeding. and My bb will wake a bit of "eh eh eh" noise ard 7am or js before, what I hv to do is latch my bb and he will sleep aft sucks fr 10 to 20 mins.

Christine :

For Pd clinics, so long as they are in the CDA list, can use the CDA Nets to pay..

Polyclinics shld be also can lah.. Under govt mah..

For Pneumococal, can claim frm medisave ..

Happiness :

both Pd clinics & polyclinic are almost same distance away frm my house... But of course if govt givig free vaccine, why not ?! Hahahaahhaa

mico,

my bb takes 90ml fm abt 3hrly... if i pump bm, will feed her tat 1st b4 giving her fm... bm is only like 20-30ml each time...

Constance,

Ya.. my aunty poor thing laaa... she wore breast pad also, then bring extra bras as well... LOL

Aiyoh, so long we move, the milk drip a lot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] If I can sleep still, it's ok wor... :p

I sleep thru till 5am then pump today. HB taking care of bb yesterday. No much leaking.

Whoofy : For my side , polyclinic is abt 15 mins walk away. My PD is 1 mrt stop away. But I prefer to go to my PD. haaa... he very gentle with my girl and also I feel more at ease with this PD handling my gal. So I give polyclinic a miss, even thou they offer FOC jabs.. haaa....

Vinwee : so envy lor... if my girl din latch, I can only pump between 60-80ml every 3 hourly. If she latches, I can only pump out 20-30ml after that. Miserable. N here I am trying to build reserve to bring to babysitter. But whatever I pump is only so much, no reserve. Haiz... Im now taking fenugreek. N will try the soup u say. Hopefully I will have good news for u. If I can pump just 50% of yr amt, I will be super happy alr lo..

Happiness,

How old is your baby now? If you are still in confinement, try to drink the ginger soup lor... blend the ginger, squeeze out the juice and boil with lean meat.

when I latch bb, can use a cup to collect 1 to 2 oz milk... you will not like it - is dripping. Latch only can latch one side then bb will sleep, so i hv to pump, can still pump out 200ml or so.

So you jia you yaa... drink more water. eat more fish

Remember, boil soup must boil longer hours yaa...

bbin,

dun be envy. I got a friend who nv Breastfeed the baby fr the first 6 weeks, she manage to breastfeed her bb aft tat. Only aft 6 weeks ler.. Dun gv up. How old is your baby now?

Do you eat enough?

As mommy, we will try to gv out best to our bb. So we js hv to try whatever work fr other and hopefully work fr us lor. I initially also dun hv milk. Only come in aft tat and increase aft 1 week.

re: milk powder ...

just now went to carrefour to buy milk powder for my gal.. *wow* gain iq increase price ! now $60 per tin.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and only can last her 1 mth. i wish i have more supply than can save my gal's powder $$ also..

vinwee: I am feeding my boy Similac. I didn't notice FM has fishy smell too, till one day when i transfer the teat from the FM bottle to the BM bottle. Wah, the FM milk is really fishy. No wonder my boy's poo is so smelly. *LOL*

bbin: Don't worry too much abt BM... there's more to motherhood than that! My ss is also low, seldom exceed 50ml each time... just supplement with FM lor.

Any one going to the expo baby fair? Wonder if there is anything good...

Mummies, what do you do when your bbs are awake in the day time? My bb can stay awake for more than 3 hours and refuse to sleep... A bit tired of talking to him already. Any other activities to stimulate him?

vinwee,

my gal nw 7weeks old... still trying to increase ss but i noe i hven try my very best... gg to try the 'wonder' pill some mummies here are taking to see if it helps...

freesia,

i noe but still buay gam wan... y i so little milk! as for wat other activities for bb, me oso same... talk until starting to talk nonsense to her liao... nw she lying in her cot looking @ the hanging mobile... juz tat i regret not buying a better one... tis one i've goto keep winding so tat it'll rotate... cheapo stuff i got from taime fair last time...

Freesia :

Me also sometimes jus leave her on the cot, and same as Bbin, got a winding musical turn... Once awhile go back cot to wind the music at the same time check on her.. So long as she dim start wailing, I'll try to leave her alone if already talk/play too much.

Jgal,

What?! FM cost S$60/tin? Gosh, so expensive. I heard the jap brand FM is v good. Try to check it out. I saw meidi-ya selling it and Isetan in orchard also selling this

Bbin,

oh ya.. our bb js a few days diff.

Like what freesia was saying, it's ok to supplement BB with FM laa... dun hv to 耿耿于怀

Happiness,

Then try other food lor.. I also kiasu before giving birth, went to buy FM and store up 4 tins. But as mummy, we will try our best to gv our bb breastmilk. Supplement with FM is ok. I initially also supplement with one feed FM for 2 days.

Vinwee : I will try the soup u mention. Hope it will help me build my reserve ... haiz...

Freesia : I let my girl try similac too.. Ya similac has a very fishy smell. Initially I tot the milk has turn bad. hahaa.... then ask my frd, my frd says similac smell is like that...

Freesia : On tv for yr bb?? My gal if refuse to sleep, i will talk to her till i tired, then on tv for her. Usually the TV can draw her attention for awhile. Or I will on the baby cd sngs for her and sing along n play with her. Tired la.

All : Sometimes I dun knw if I m spoiling my gal. She usually will fall asleep on my breast (when latching), or i my arms. After which I will transfer her to her cot. Now that I am letting babysitter take care of her soon, I constantly will think if bbsitter will carry her till she sleeps? or leave her on the mattress n let her cry out??? Haiz... I dun knw if babysitter will spoil her like i did anot?? The thought of it make me very sad.... my hb says just hand over to babysitter.. she knws what to do... Even as I type my tears wan to drop already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back