(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

gal>> yah i'm seeing her next wednesday. hahahaa hopefully we can admit ard the same period of time then can go visit one another ha ha ha! ok my aim now is 10 or 11 :D hope our wishes come true ok ha ha.

btw the CTG need to pay one ah! didnt know that sia.. at least u got dilation leh joycelyn say i'm still 0cm omg.... lol!

ddnikz: hehe what a coincidence. are you inducing / opting for c-sect? i'm giving birth at Mt A, how abt you?

for other mummies: my gynae charged me $50 for CTG scan. if i am not mistaken, we will also be strapped on to the CTG machine during labour to monitor baby's heartbeat & also our contractions so that they will know when to ask us to push.

Just had my 37 wk check up baby had gained 800g since the last check up nw at 2.5kg. Whew..... finally he is at a gd weight liao. Gynae did a VE for me i haven dilated so he say i will not be deliver early was not painful but find it veri uncomfortable. Baby has engaged and is in a gd position for natural birth.

<font color="0000ff">Congrats to all mummies who have popped
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Lesser foetal movements</font>
Are any of you experiencing the same? These 2 days, I noticed that my bb moves lesser already. and his movements are not as vigorous as before. Wonder what's the cause for it? Is it my amniotic fluid low? Or isit bcoz he's engaged already? Or any other reasons?

Haven called gynae coz bb is still moving juz tat lesser den before</font>

joyce: thanks for the massage lady contact and info. i will give her buzz soon. would like to do it for my pig trotter feet n right hands first. i think tummy will have to wait due to c-sect wound.

PY : dun worry abt dilation part. each different. some like my friend within 1 hr dilate 5cm. power.

duno whether ur CTG is under package or not or separate charge.

ilovemaxmax : did ur bb move at least 10 times? it is harder to distinguish now. sometimes i find putting hand on belly to feel movement is easier. If less than 10, better to inform gynae.

abt dilation :
hi ladies, have u heard of quickening the dilation by going on a drip? is it safe? a drip that will cause to have more contraction thus..faster dilation?

hi mummies,

i have an unopened tin of mamex step 1 1.5kg tin expiring feb 2011 for sale @ $53, self collect buangkok mrt. selling as my son is changing to step 2. interested pm me, tks.

The CTG I did costs $30+, so I think it's cheaper in comparison to what the mums here are paying! Mine is definitely not in package. When I sign the package, CTG is stated clearly that it will be additional cost if required.

gal^>> i think mine is not included in the package. perhaps joycelyn will ask me to do that next visit? i'll be 39W then. hmmm...

yeah i think there's nth much we can do if we cant dilate.. just pray for the better
happy.gif
my mom is praying for me too hehe!

gal: that's the oxytocin (think spelling wrong) drip. Used to induce and speed up labour and hence rate of dilation. Our body has that hormone too. So not to worry . Standard practice liao.
happy.gif

Ginger: u upset bout not wanting do ve? Very cute ! :p don't be cause during your course of labour, you will keep getting checked! :p it's is not necessary to get ve. I think my gynae doesn't practice it as sop. If she thinks everything is on track and in control, she wun do all the slightly intrusive kind of tests. Like the gd test, i didn't have it also for both. I think some are included in package kind. And i think ve hor, normally done when need to induce and hence a need check dilation else think no need cause might trigger labour.

Ha! My turn can't sleep cause just now woke up at 12 plus. Now surfing in the dark on hp!

Tien: yeap. Went zoo thought weather very cooling but we still ended up sticky :p

Joyce: aiyoh, you don't have to worry. Nathan got rosy cheeks think will charm all the babes here. Mrs l's james will charm by size and his chubby cheeks. He's still champion heavy weight of the thread so far. Anyone wanna dethrone him?. Kekeke.

Joanne:your alston has a very wise look, the way he sleeps! So cute!
The babes here hot stuff. Think must help ah teng chop a few too. Kekeke

Any more mums popped or popping?

i ilovemaxmax: bb cld move less cause engaged and cause less room move liao. Though i don't understand why less room means less vigourous movement, thought shd be opp cause can feel more? But that just me. The literature says it's normal :) do a count ensure yourself. For a day, min 8 movement
happy.gif

i keep burping. So disgusting! Think indigestion and heart burn might be back! Eating less now too.
sad.gif

Queen: think your nausea same like mine, indigestion kind.

PY: oh samuel is much better. He's now in special care unit which is in the special care unit (under observation) and we r hoping he'll get the green light to go home next week.
happy.gif

Diana: CONGRATZ
happy.gif

Backpain:thxthx for the info, shall check it out soon
happy.gif

Miemie: ur gal is so sweet
happy.gif

Gal:at least urs dilated.mine not sure yet maybe not gynae said dun wanna do theVE test for me so early as will trigger labour though im at37wk+

ginger/ddnikz: no worries,mine worse. my wt jumped fr 48kg to now 71.1kg wo
Shugar:so now everyday u n hubby need go down n look after samuel n bring breastmilk for him?Take care wo.Gd to hear tt bb samual can be home soon
happy.gif

Joanna: Rest well wo, still hurt?
Alston sleep so peaceful,i like his rosy cheek too hehe
happy.gif
Is it his heat rash is back on his cheek maybe the weather too hot these few days.by the way, do we bring those type of 2 piece clothing for bb during delievry or rompers?Just realised mine all rompers,forget to buy those 2 pieces top n bottom clothing:p

Astro: me too keep burping.not sure if indigestion

Re:Diahorhoea cum swellness.
Diahorhoea the whole day
sad.gif
&amp; swellness back again

Re: bb movement
I was told of similar theory as what astro mentioned too. my bb definitely not engaged then, he so super active these few days

astro: james loving chubbly cheeks charm even the male friends of mama n papa. gotta charge $1 for wanting to pinch his chubby cheeks soon! hehehe

joanne: little alston looked so contented n cosy!

Re: ctg scan
mine was not part of the gynae package too and was charged like $40 plus.

Re: bb movement
my experience with james was that he moved less frequent as i got closer to 39 weeks - he grew bigger n had less room to move abt. his head was very low down but not engaged as checked by gynae during the 38 week check too.

re:CTG
just went to check my antenatal package and confirmed it is not included too. my dr also never mention it at all.

astro: thanks for the reassurance dat VE is not a must. actually i talked to my sis last nite... she did dat at 38W for her firstborn and she was 1cm dilated. end up next day went to induce coz got show. her MIL actually commented she should not have done VE and just wait for the bb to decide when he wants to come out. she also mentioned something abt it triggering labour for some mummies. since i m not ready, perhaps its a gd thing i refused VE. i feel so much better already
happy.gif

Hello all.. Actually, what's all these VE, CTG and strep B that u guys r talkin abt.. im into my 37th week and doc neva mentioned a single word of these.. He din even discuss any birth plan with me but only told me the few signs of labour to where i need to admit immediately. other than that, he is always silent...

Husb thinks it's his style of not divulging unnecc info to scare me (which husb thinks it's good) but now that i read so much from u guys.. im sooooo puzzled what's gg on... in fact husb doesnt like me to go into this forum to read too much..haha...

what's happening???? *confused*

hi all..
just to update.. my precious boy arrived eagerly on 28Sep (37 wks) much earlier than expected.
remember i was telling some of you how i was feeling regular menses cramps.. that was the onset of my labour.

since some of you shared your labour process, this is mine in brief:
26 Sep - bloody show
27 Sep
2pm - had lunch and had severe menses cramps so went back home to rest
5pm - cramps starting turning into back pains - regular frequency at 10min
7pm - couldn't stand the back aches anymore and decided to admit myself to TMC - but to realise i am barely 2cm dilated
while dr said i cld start on epidural, i didn't cos' i was afraid that this could be a false alarm
28 Sep
12am - unbearable back aches though still at 2cm dilation, frequency getting stronger
1am - finally EPIDURAL!! and managed to catch an hour's sleep
2am - 5am - increasing pressure felt in my pelvic area (thks to epidural the pressure was bearable)
6am - water bag broke
8 plus - bb arrived!!
happy.gif

update more later

dun worry, babytum. u r not alone
happy.gif
my dr also never mention all these until i ask. maybe its also becoz i read abt other mummies' comments then i asked b4 he got chance to tell me.

tink ur husb is right... if ur pregnancy is on track, ur dr wont say so much to confuse u since certain tests are optional. but i tink most dr will do VE at 37W/38W to check if our cervix has dilated, unless u opt for c-section str away.

my boy stayed on in hospital for jaundice treatmt. it was very distressing for me in the first few days
sad.gif
never knew i cld feel so strongly abt it

by the way, i need some advice on expressing breast milk..
upon advice from the lactaction nurse frm TMC, i rented an electronic pump (busted $150 for a week's rental
sad.gif
) to express milk while he is away.

wanted to check:
1. can i store EBM in fridge for say 4 hrs (in a glass bottle), then i add on fresh EBM (rm temperature) again to the same bottle at the next pump i.e. 4 hrs later?

2. after e.g. 3 sessions, can i then trsfer the EBM which has been in the fridge for 15 hrs --- to the freezer for storage? if so, how long can this be kept? 2 weeks?

3. any idea where to get economical storage bottles for EBM? (given milk flow is not a lot)

4. havin lumps near my armpit area (for past 3-4 days already).they are swollen -a bit painful but bearable. i suppose this is due engorgement? if so, do i need to see a dr for this (in case it gets inflamed)? or i jus continue to massage for it to go away?

mummies who bf - pls help advise..

ginger>>ya i guess so. otherwise i was like stuck in the 1cm-2cm stage for like donkey yrs. i mus have been pretty tensed up, timing and watchin out for next contraction initially...
so mine is a classic case of dilation speeding up after relaxing (w epidural!)
so on hindsight, if u hav already decided on epidural, jus go for it. dun need to wait :p

Vodkarib: hey congrats on your little boy.
I'm currently also expressing BM for my boy who is still at the hosp too. Will try to help ans some if your questions.

1) each time you pump the BM has to be kept on it's own. Cannot mix with next session's BM. Moreover the temperature of the 2 batches when combined will be different and that can cause bacteria growth.

2) BM stored in the fridge can last not more than 48 hours. In a normal freezer, it can last up to 3 months. If store in deep freezer, can be kept for 6 months. Remember once you thaw BM, cannot re-freeze.

3) not sure if TMC provides glass bottles for BM storage? But I got some from the nurses at MT A. I also bought Avent's Set of storage cups. if you want you can also get milk storage bags. ( check the BP threads if there are any BPs going on now for milk bags)

4) lumps... Could be due to blocked ducts? If not sure maybe you can check with the LC or your Gynae?

Hope this helps!
happy.gif

clumsybabe,
ya... mine is scheduled C-sec. That's why can confirm the date. Unless bb nottie wants to come out earlier loh. Tentatively will be at RH but gynae say if is emergency, may schedule at Mt A or TMC cos easier to arrange.

annette/ginger,
I pinning on hope from Diana's post in FB. haha, she mentioned that tummy went down alot. Hope I can get that also.

ilovemaxmax,
my bb movement also not so much esp for the past week. Worse is I don't really know how to count the "10 movements". everytime move once is counted as once? or every few movements before a pause is counted as once? My bb is doesnt really pause once she moves.
sad.gif

For Contractions,
I have been feeling small pains in tummy. Not sure if it is contractions leh. If in any event that it is but cos' it is bearable and I don't consider it as a contraction, is it dangerous to my bb?

Hi mummies!!
First of all CONGRATS Vodkarib!! No worries, I am sure you will cope fine. Must take care ok.

Joanna: Alston looks soooooooo cute. Congrats too!

Ginger: Ya I rested at home and really lost all the water. But I do notice something, when I am at work, I have more inclination to eat very oily food like calling Macdelivery or just heading out for good meals. But since I started my home arrest, I couldnt really go out and everytime have to depend on my mum to make delivery. Even if I cook, it will be porridge with fish or baked potato and as my place is not near food places, I hardly snack cos there's nothing to snack on, so instead I drink a lot of water and eat cereal. As for BB weight, I havent got an update for 2 weeks...my doctor doesnt seem very concerned about that...she just said she will tell me once she needs to know..PENGZ

AStro: Why you ended up sticky? Thought you were surfing net somewhere cool?

Re: 3 times swelling and subsiding.
Was reading through and saw a post asking (Sorry too lazy to go up again) about this old wives' tale that 3 times sweeling and subsiding = labour. My mum and MIL also believe in that but I completely do not. cos this has been happening to me more on a daily basis and my baby is still very comfy inside. Havent been swelling since I start my MC 2 weeks back. No action still @ 38th weeks.

Re: VE and CTG
I suspect that not all doctor does VE so easily. In my case, I am already 38th weeks and I have done no VE but 2 times CTG. Suspect it is because my baby is not engaged (my tum tum is still quite high...quite worried that she is having problem getting engaged which could mean C-SEC! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!) As for CTG I was put on it at 37th weeks because my doc was worried that I could have hypertension and will be on it everytime I visit. It is not included in package and I pay $50 + GST per trip! OUCH!

Anyway, been having tight tummy for 3 days straight already. Dun even know should I panick cos there's no pain. BB has been pressing on my bladder every second. The feeling is like the pump on our thermo flask...been pressed down with no release at all. No pain, no show just very tight. Movements also getting lesser, suspect cos she is lacking space to move but at night she is more active.

hi there,

Re:virgina check 4 diluation
I tik mine is what sme1 say, doc trigger my labour aft doing the virgina check 4 me on week 39+, tat y aft tat bleed immediately, smem0re say help me 2 stretch bigger inside! So angry. Den ask me go induce. Induce is so painful!!

Re:less m0vement on bb near due date
I experience tat too 4 tis pregnancy bt n0t the 1st pregnancy. I read article it is n0rmal, cos no room 4 them to move ard. Bt my 1st pregnancy, althought it near due date, bt my 1st bb stil v active, n0t lik tis time lesses m0vement, so i feedbck to doc n she send me go put on the monitoring 4 contraction n heartbeat, n discover my bb heartbeat got 2x went dwn, tat y go induce. So i tik if u all got any concern, jus feedbck to doc loh

Hey jus to check ah.. Epidural is with the needle stuck behind our spine right? So the needle will be there throughout till the end ? Then we still be able to lie on our bk with the needle behind?

Congrats Vodkarib !!!
happy.gif

Yo everyone..
i zombified.. haha. who asked me yesterday didn't sleep 'properly'?.. anyway.. later when teng takes his noon nap, i also.. been sleeping so much! feel like a sloth!

tien: i wasn't in an aircon place.. weather is generally cool.. but i machiam like a furnace.. that's why lor
happy.gif
my tummy been tight liek for weeks.. i seldom recall it been soft! :S

i do agree if not working.. will pay more attention to diet.. working ah. too tired to bother? :p

mrs L: like that ah.. u dun have to go to work liao. just charge! then enough to sustain livelihood liao! hahaha..
for teng.. his cheeks used to be chubby when he was very very FAT.. now his eyes and laughter are the charmers
happy.gif

babyturn: ha! ur hb thinks we nothing to do keep gossiping in the forum? :p:p:p guess what, that's what Miser used to think! untill he sees the good deals (sprees/lobangs), practical advice and the good support network that my former thread has been all along.. esp the great savings.. coz when one knows something cheap, the rest all flock.. miser just kept quiet liao.. he used to frown at the amt of time i spent on forum.. these days.. he has become the official photographer for my thread during our gatherings! everyone is praising his phototaking skills and want him to take photos for them during their bday parties etc.. his network has also broaden.. so.. i think ur hb might need to drop by more in other to form a more accurate impression of what we are 'gossiping'! :p

with regards to ur gynae not telling u these terms.. i guess it is a matter of preference.. some prefer less info if things are ok i.e. only let them know the critical issue.. others like me and some of us here believe that knowledge is power and there is no harm knowing more.. preg info are not that 'critical' as in eventually gynae is the ultimate expert and when in labour, we don't really have too much control.. other parenting care, bb care all these.. it is good to know more and hear from others and form ur own opinion on wat works well in UR case.. then u be more empowered and in control.. and less frustrated when things are 'out of synch'.. coz at least u know what is happening
happy.gif

Vokarib: CONGRATS!
happy.gif
shugar has answered ur first 3 questions, the last one abuot the lumps @ ur underarms. i am having that also now.. in fact for both my pregs i have that.. when the milk comes in.. the lumps will harden too. those are the auxilary glands, keep latching the bb to help u clear those.. occasionally, will have an accessory nipple there! i think dreamygal had one last time right? .. dun worry. they are more a nuisance than anything serious
happy.gif

joanne: ya.. can possibly trigger labour, VEs.. so hence it is not a 'happy happy then anyhow, anytime do' procedure.
happy.gif

Vodkarib: hey I checked up on combining of BM from diff pump sessions and found out that while it is possible to combine, u need to chill the new milk then add it to the other milk in your fridge. For storage times/date in this case, go on the date of the oldest milk. Adding warm BM to cold ones can increase the bacteria growth and make it unsafe.

PY: the needle is removed once the medicine is inserted into the spine membrane.. then got a 'thread like' thingy left outside.. then after that got can regulate the amt of medicine put in as labour progress..

yes can lie on bed.. but super sian one.. and careful dun overdze.. else like me.. nearly died of numbness :p

Congrats Vodkarib! I'm like you too. For my first pregnancy, I try to bear with the pain and end up being so tensed each time the contraction came that my dilatation was too slow. After epidural, I was so relaxed I could even doze off. When I woke, water bag had broken by itself and I was almost fully dilated that I got ready to push. Gynae commented that my relaxed state helped in my dilatation process.
happy.gif

Ever since then, I opted for epi the moment I felt that the pain got more intense for me. Hence, my 2nd pregnancy was much faster. For this 3rd time, I'm gonna go the same! I hope it will be a fast fast and smooth smooth process.
happy.gif

Dear all,

Used to participate in this forum but in the end ended up being a silent user... My nick was Mrs Neo.

Congrats to those mummies who had popped. And those who are still waiting.. pls relax and rest more!!!

I haved popped on 2 Oct at 2347hrs... And here to share my birth story:

Was actually scheduled for induce on 3 Oct at 0900hrs at TMC.

2 Oct Midnite: Went to airport with hubby to fetch his friends who came back from USA... Had some very painful contractions like pain every now and then.. Dismissed it off.. Went back to sleep abt 5am after reaching home.

2 Oct, 0830hrs: Getting ready to go for my appt... Then, as i was abt to go out of the hse, i felt something gushing out. Went to toilet and check and found that i was actually bleeding quite seriously. Called ACJ and the receptionist advised me to head to the clinic.

Abt 10am: Reached the clinic and straped to the CTG machine. Contractions not regular. But was alreaday 3 Cm dilated. Advised to be admitted.

I am those who are super scared of pain kind, so i wanted epidural to be administered straight. So, abt 12plus PM, Epidural was adminstered. Puked after epi given.. after tat, was feeling great.. and a bit high.. Enjoying myself in the labour suite, watching cartoon n TV while waiting for the Push hour.

Abt 1pm+: Another 1 cm dilated (4cm).

7pm: Only 5cm dilated.

Dr Joycelyn said have to see what's the dilation rate at 11pm.. Unfortunately, at 11pm, only 6 cm dilated. So, have to go for emergency C-sect with Epidural.

1130pm: Pushed to OT.

1145pm: Baby Neo weighing at 3530 is out. Head circumference is 36 and length 51. Big baby!

My advice is: Do not get a overly high dosage of Epidural.. Think my dosage was quite high and by evening, i cant even feel my legs and lower body super numb and cant move at all.. Felt very paralysed!
sad.gif
And back was aching like hell... Imagine I was lying on my back and at an akward position for more than 10 hours... Numb..

Oh yeah.. I was telling Astro and PY in FB tat TMC is having a promotion. I opted for 1 bedder but they have a promotion for their 1 bedder premium.. Add another $50 odd per day's stay to be upgraded to 1 bedder premium. Room not bed leh.. and the service of the 5th level staffs also very friendly and nice. And the things and toiletries provided, including towels. Meals to me were quite nice..

The not so good thingy is.. TMC is really strict with limitations of vistors policy.. Sianzz.. Hubby given a C (Companion) pass and only 2 vistors pass per room.. There is a security guard checking on all times.. I felt tat it causes lots of inconvenience. Friends and relatives have to really sychronise their timing for visit.
sad.gif

PY and those under doc JW>> Rest asssured.. she's a NICE Doc!!! Love her loads! I was chatting with her and talking nonsense with her while she was doing her work during the c-sect.

She was telling me this morning that i cant go natural becos of bb Neo's big head.. Felt so heart pain to see the bb's head out of shape when he's out... But luckily, its okie now..

Mrs Neo! welcome back!.. congrats.. was waiting for ur update!

kekekeke.. ok.. u were like me.. too epidural frenly.. till numbed till cannot make it :p:p

hey.. the $50 upgrade to one bedder. is only applicable now.. or can i like opt for it.. then it is still valid when i deliver (like end of the month)??
also. is it only applicable because u originally wanted a one-bedder liao? i opted for two bedders leh. wonder if this add on is then valid.. i think not?

u puked after adminstering epidural? i was shivering non-stop.. and tearing. wah liew.. really a miserable sight.. aircon was off somemore leh..! that time... i dun remember tv.. either that i was overtly miserable on epidural that i wanted only peace and silence?! :p

anyway.. congrats once again. what's ur kid name?
happy.gif

mrs neo: i realised ur case.. ver similar to mine when teng was borned! just that mine was waterbag burst.. (also reached at 9am)..

then eventually vaccum assisted delivery at 2352
happy.gif

Astro: oh i see haha I tot is a needle hehe

mrs neo: thx for the reassurance
happy.gif
how come bb head is out of shape despite yours is c sect? Joycelyn need to see bb weight during my next check up with her if ard 3.5 then gotta induce liao.. But I hope bb choose her own date to come out haha. She ask me to walk more and eat lesser lol. How to walk more when my legs cannot tahan my weight anymore
sad.gif

hey mrs neo.... when i went for the hospital tour, they already told us the difference between single-bedded and single-bedded premium is $58. dun tink its a special promotion leh. for premium, it is newly renovated and they have a PC for you to call the nurse, on-off lights or something like that right?

oh, then does anyone know if i need to bring towel for husb if we are opting for single-bedded?

Astro: the staff at the recept told me even we have opt for one bedded, we still can choose two bedded upon check in lol and vice versa. So it's not fixed.

vobkarid:Congrat
happy.gif

ddnikz: i also got abit of contraction. but dr choo said shd be those regular type and at interval, mine so far nope.

Mrs Neo: congratz too
happy.gif

backpain: i gotta the herb tt u mentioned from tt medical shop.its really cheap, my neighbourhood cheapest also sell 1.3bucks per pack n $13bucks for tt big pack of 10.gotta 1 big pack to top up. n the aunt said boil with 2 slices of ginger be even more effective.

PY: the one u mentioned is the one posted earlier on rite?u bought it?if not get from the one backpain mentioned,exactly the same at a big pack of 10 at 8bucks only

Astro>> Temporarily calling the bb as Baby Neo.. cos dunno his name yet.. want to wait for his chinese name 1st..

Hate the helpless feeling leh.. cos cant move much with the stupid epi.. plus numb.. but the gd thing is... no pain.. But after the emergerncy c-sect.. realise tat c-sect wasnt tat scary as wat i tot it wld be...

Ginger>> As for the upgrade.. i dunno leh.. the admission staff said only top up 50+ (if u are had opted for 1 bedder) to get premium 1 bedder. She said the promotion is till 15 Oct.. Actually.. i didnt ask wats the initial price if no promotion.. :p

But the room i am staying now is newlly renovated.. They have a mobile PC, touch screen 1 leh.. They also got provide towels for the hubby as well... and toiletries... I am not sure abt 1 bedder though.. but i guess shld have ba..

PY>> @ first, BB Neo's head was not low enough.. so, JW predicted he cld be overdue by 1 week.. but i dun want it to be overdue cos i scare the bb will be too big by then... Hence i decided to induce so tat he will be out on the EDD..

Baby Neo's head was out of shape because his head was kinda stuck in the birth canel for too long lor.. The shape was like Simpson's wife when he 1st came out.. faintzz.. But now okie le.. Heng ah.. Nothing to do wif Dr JW's skills.. There were forceps marks on BB Neo's head.. but they are gone already.

As for the room.. even i had booked 1 bedder with ACJ earlier, the recept staff did ask me for my option of room during admission.. i guess its not really fixed de..

Baby Neo just went to have his picture taken.. So cuteee.. Had taken those typical baby photo service at the hospital..

annette,
Dr Choo has told me how to count it but I still do not get it leh. Everytime when I tried to time it, then no more pain already. Someitmes the pain is from the bb. So I really do not know when it is contraction when is it caused by bb. Very worrying...

Back