Childrens' Day outing -

Suggestions:
1) Science Centre
2) Sentosa
3) Hortpark
4) Marina Barage
5) Vivocity
6) ECP
7) Bukit Batok Civil Service Club for a swim (I can sign in 3 guests I think)

Anyone interested?

<font color="ff6000">Just to share, recently only I get to know from my colleague that there is a cheaper ticket for Universal Studios entrance. Its for ppl who are interested to dine there after 7.00pm. Following is the info, can check details on their website.</font>

Hollywood After Hours

<font color="0000ff">Hollywood After Hours is now featuring the Lake Hollywood Spectacular show! Dine and shop at Universal Studios Singapore®'s Hollywood zone from 7:00pm to 10:00pm every Friday and Saturday for only $5 per entry.

At 9:30pm you’ll get to watch the Lake Hollywood Spectacular… an incredible new pyrotechnics show set to a brilliant musical score that will burst across the night sky right in front of you!

In addition, present your "After Hours Entry Ticket" to enjoy 15% discount off your total bill at the following outlets (Unlimited usage per day):
- KT’s Grill (Universal Studios Singapore)
- Hollywood China Bistro (Universal Studios Singapore)
- OSIA (FestiveWalk)
- Fiesta (Festive Hotel)
- Palio (Hotel Michael)
- Starz Restaurant (Hard Rock Hotel Singapore)

Ticket Sales: Limited same day ticket sales starts from 6:30pm at Universal Studios Singapore ticket booths.

DETAILS:
Day: Every Friday &amp; Saturday*Opening Hours: 7:00pm to 10:00pmTicket Price: S$5**
**Same-day park guests, Annual Pass holders enter for FREE.</font>

maelyn,

wow $5 ?? Very cheap
happy.gif

maelyn,
We went to USS, the $5 one, think a month back. The fireworks at 9.30pm is nice. But other than this, nothing much to see, and nothing to do (no rides at all) except taking some photos here and there, and EVERY restaurant is soooooo crowded, count yourself lucky if you can get some food.

Kam,
Yar, my colleague went there also say very crowded, thats why Genting SP earning money, haha! I wanted to bring my parents there last Friday since they are not interested in rides afterall, but then considering the crowd, dun think my parents will like it. At the end, brought them to Crystal Jade Toa Payoh for a nice dinner..

Kaira,
Yar, Cheap because no rides are available. Just can go there shopping, dinner and see fireworks.

Kaira,
Ask me! Hardly anything we never been :)

We went Sound of the Sea when my #1 was about 1 year old (about 2 years ago). We didn't really like it. To me, it's expensive to pay for this kind of show.

Kaira,

I have been to sound of the sea. Well, I have not been to alot of places, so I find that Sound of the Sea is something special as compared to the musical fountain that I have been to Sentosa decades ago(when I was a small kid)... They have live actors who sings, then got interactive cartoons using laser and water, got fire, I thought the whole presentation was quite nice, especially the laser + water part. Story line was abit on the lame side.. hehe.. Ermm.. btw.. Its open air, no air con wor..

If ask me, I think its worth to go for once.

Yep, I second that.. Song of the Sea, its worth going once... else you can go there, play Luge at about that time then you can see fire works and lazer show as well when you go up on that chair thingy... erm... sharks what's the name of that thing... like the ski chair thingy that brings you up to the top... cause from there, you can see the lazer show plus fire works too.. hahah

Yup, yup, I agree too. Going once, for sure. But doubt will be back, unless we have visitors or if we want to let XY watch that.

Dear all sept mommies

im an oct mummies, need abit of feedback for the below 2 buffet caterers,anyone of u tried b4?

1)Casserole
2)Smiling Orchid

1st Oct Outing:

Not too sure if you will like to join us.
Me and another 2 oct mommies planning to bring our bbies to Botanical Garden on 1st Oct morning^-^

Develop photo? U mean print photo? Home printer? Not sure which paper is better, I guess both are about the same, depends on your printer too. Why dun you print it at Harvey Norman? Cheap and fast.

Connie,
I tried the HP one a few years back, not too happy with the quality (both the paper and the colours). Never tried Fuji so cannot comment. Now I send to Grace Photography at Sunset Way for printing. Very happy with the quality so far (have printed thousands of copies with them already).

Oh.. haha Thanks Kam! I have requested a copy from her.. lol

Anyway she's just wonderful.. so far I only tried her cheese sauce.. if I have time, will try her other dishes..

But like most of the mummies here, I'm working so can only cook on weekends for the kids... Even if I give maid recipe, I also dun dare to eat it.. hahah cause even if she don't understand, she won't ask (yes! even though I'm at home!!) then will just do what she think is right
sad.gif
lol

Jess,
Don't think she has written a book. But she does run cooking course if I am not wrong.

Steph,
Hehe, same here. I obtained the copy from here a few months back, only browsed through and no action taken :) I am very lazy leh on the weekend mornings, just make a bottle of milk for each of the kids and they are happy. But some of the info are really useful even if you don't cook.

Yes, she is a wonderful mum! Her recipe is really great, some real simple and some real challenging dish, all suitable (healthy and yummy, and tested by her kids) for children.

i bookmarked the link.. but havnt look thru yet.. seems it gd like u all said :p

will browse thru when im free :p

Kam::
im lazy too..
so far only cooked the mee sua once.. with spinach n egg yolk.. n i think noticed he had a bit of red swollen puffy area ard eyes the next morning.. poor thing.. dunno if it the egg yolk. but im putting off the egg yolk a bit more even though it his 2nd time trying yolk.

RE: EGG

You may want to try the quail egg. Smaller than the chicken egg, about the same price. Less cholesterol but high (3x-4x higher) in mineral and vitamins compared to chicken egg.

steph/jess,
I just went for a farm trip with my son's cc. The owner showed us lab test comparing the cholesterol level of chicken and quail egg. And I googled it, it's true. It says quail egg has no LDL (the bad cholesterol), but only HDL (the good). And it causes less allergy than chicken egg.

Itsy,
Taste quite similar. I found the quail egg white a bit harder, but that could be I boiled it too long.

kam,
but quail egg so small, so each time bb can take how many? can we steam quail egg? shd turn out abt the same as regular egg rite?

kiki,
Each time 1 quail egg for my girl. For my boy, sometimes I give him 2 cos he loves quail eggs. I have never tried steaming. I either hard boil or beat it into porridge. I would imagine it turns out to be the same as chicken egg (but then you need a lot of quail egg to make 1 bowl/plate of steam egg?)

In fact, I think quail eggs taste nicer than chicken egg.. I always have that for steamboat! I was also quite surprised that Kam stated that it is low in cholestrol. Hmm.. then next time no need to wait for CNY for quail eggs luu..

Kam, Itsy,
Yes, photo developing.
Fuji is under Harley norman, HP under NTUc.
GOt about 500+ to print.

Kam,
Wow, u already printed so many.
Mine is consolidate for past few years including wedding photo. (So lazy)
Lucky the laptop suddenly recover else my gal memory n mine all gone.

Little gastronomy
Yes she is a fellow sept 06 mom. Her gal is same age with mine and her gal is v pretty! She updates her blog less frequently now though cos she is busy doing other stuffs.

Connie,
We print about 100 copies per month for both kids. And more if there is a special occasion that month :) I am pretty organised one cos I blog mah. So I sort out the photos at least once every week.

Connie,
Of course, don't think she can handle big piece yet, half or whole quail egg pose a choking hazard. My boy eats either half or whole.

Hello Sep 2009 Mummies!

I was wondering why suddenly there was an influx of requests for my breakfast menu planner from mummies with children born in Sep 2009, and that curiosity led me to here (=

Sorry if I'm intruding.. I just thought I should say thanks for all the sweet and kind comments about my blog and my recipes, as these comments are very inspiring to me!

Yes (hi! mamato6Js), I'm blogging lesser these days but I've not stop answering questions to mummies who write to me via my blog, email or Facebook. I'm more active on FB now, and if you like, do search for Littlegastronomy and add me.

Oh, I saw a few questions on this thread. Allow me to share (=

Cheese: Salt is used to keep cheese 'sanitized' during the curing process so you won't be able to find cheese that contains no salt (= so if eaten in moderation, there shouldn’t be much concern about the salt intake.

Japanese Rice Grains: The reason why I use Jap rice is becos they contain more nutrients than the regular Thai rice lke Umbrella brand. I actually compared when I was at the supermarket heehee.. Besides, when Jap rice is used to cook as porridge, it's mushier and softer which are friendlier for our babies’ tummies.

Quail Eggs: It has almost 2 times more than a regular chicken egg(per 60gms ones) cholestrol so if we keep to 3 chicken eggs per week(according to health board’s advice for below age 3 years), that means we should only not give more than 1.5 quail eggs to our babies a week. But please be very wary when feeding quail eggs, NEVER give the egg in whole to babies, they can get choke easily like what Kam mentioned..

Littlegastronomy's Book: I don't think I can pass to publish a book la heehee.. so meantime, I'll still be doing up planners such as the one I already have, the breakfast menu planner. So feel free to write to me if you like a copy. (I’m hoping to get my lunch/dinner planner out soon!)

Cheers everyone (=
brenda, www.littlegastronomy.com

littlegastronomy
wow her blog is so enlightening! I hope i can give Shanis more varieties for her meals too! She's only getting mainly fish porridge with occasional some vegs, and sometimes mee sua or ABC pasta! okok going to request for the breakfast menu from her tonite when i'm home!

Brenda,
Hello! So kind of you to drop by and answered some questions of this thread :)

Oh, that's a different view on the quail egg.

From here http://geniuscook.com/quail-eggs/ it says quail egg high in HDL and low in LDL.

From here, http://www.cholesterolcholestrol.com/egg-cholesterol-cholestrol.html it says

One Chicken egg has cholesterol of 201mg and 1.6gms saturated fat (55 gm egg)
One Quail egg has cholesterol of 76mg and 0.3gms saturated fat (9 gm egg)

Hmmm, looks like I have to do more study.

Kam
ok hope I'm not talking nonsense hee hee I think
maybe it got to do with the size of the eggs. Quail eggs are like 1/4 size of a chicken egg so if u multiply the cholesterol level by 4 then it's higher than chicken egg lor. Ha ha

Anyway I think no matter what type of food, important thing is to eat in moderation
happy.gif

Back