(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

I also like Popeye's! But the quality now also like not so good liao... My recent trips there all quite disappointing de.

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">Gina...</font>

Thanks hor.. Thanks for tempting me at such an hour.. But hai hao.. I'm not yet tempted to order now.. but maybe tmr.. or at least once before I pop from the Chilli Padi Restaurant.. I ordered their buffet for my wedding as lunch reception at my place, I've heard of good comments but I nv got to eat it!! Haiz... Only got to eat the common buffet from Neo Gardens at Hb's place.. Sobz...

I'm just too tired liao.. Just wana go to bed.. Will tink abt it aft I've slpt enuf.. Nitey!!!
happy.gif
</font>

<font face="Comic Sans Ms">I'm now in the TMC trying to catch a wink. My #2 is down w fever &amp; warded for observation. That's wat I need when baby Jed is coming home in few hrs time. *haiz*

<font color="0000ff">Rach

I agree w Ling that you need to be more tactful. I'm a very straightforward person so I will just speak my mind. I was v much upset &amp; pissed by yr sms just now.

I had agreed to drop off the items at your place out of gd will, it's not a MUST for me to do it. I cld hv asked u to come by my place to pick up or any other location stated in my spree/BP.

I was standing outside TMC, pacifying a fussing 1.5yo child who is down w fever. I was tired &amp; worried esp w e H1N1 going on. I really dun need sms from u, chasing me to commit a time to be at yr place. It's not as if I made u wait @ some location outside. You are waiting at the comfort of yr own hse leh.

When I explain tt ny son is down w fever &amp; waiting to see a doc, yr reply to me was "WA, so late still got doctor see meh". It might sounds like an innocent question to you but to me, it sounded like an insult. Like as if I lied bout e situation. Pls lah.. if I can purposely drive from Sembawang all e way to Jurong West just to pass Jess her FTG, wat's detouring over to yr place. Why wld I wana curse my own son just to lie to you. AND best of all is you still continue to sms me to cfm e items I'm passing u etc. Any person w basic EQ wld know tis is not e gd time to be pestering me bout all these rite...

My DH was so pissed tt he ask me to refund Jess &amp; U for all e items, save me all e hassle.

You can complain to us bout yr difficult spreeist den wat about yrself?? I rush thru my schedule on Sat so I can meet u. Yet u jus send me an sms tt u r tired, dun wana meet. Did I even say anything more?? I can understand how tough is it to be preggie but all e mummy here are gng thru it. If Michele can come to CCK Mrt to meet me den why u cannot even step downstairs??</font></font>

morn gals!

jennifur
how's Josiah? and i read somewhere that Jed is coming home today? must be mixed feelings for u huh.. The Lord is with you ok just like how He has been so shalom shalom ya? im sure everything will be ok. u must take care of urself too! filter unnecassary info that wont be helpful in u guarding ur heart n peace of mind ok.

morning mommies.
Fever very dangerous, must take care bb lor.
When my boy down wif fever, I v worried. If not wrong, u can wait till the next day if fever less than 38degree. This is wat I read from the TMC book.

Rach/Michelle,
BB come out early not good lei. Will be very light. So the longer the better but not exceed week 40. Pop on anniversary got meaning, kids will also remember parents anniversary. Myboy was conceived during that period so hope this gal will born during that period. 1 start and the other ends. hee hee

Jennifer,
i too think Pigeon bottle is better. I use it with the ameda pump and put in the fridge. When feeding time, just use it. I bought 3 packs during the last pigeon sales to store.

U can just put it in hot water to warm it before feed bb. Pigeon had the fridge to go which u just put the 2 water plate in the freezer overnight to solidify it. You can just put the bottle into the fridge to go when u want to take bb. My bb take an hr to drink milk so I cannot feed direct when go kai kai.

I prefer pigeon fridge to go rather than DIY shop as theirs are more heavy.

Good morning gals. It's <font color="0000ff">blue Monday</font> again
sad.gif

Everybody jiayou! ML coming soon, &amp; there'll be more sleepless nites at home *muahaha* Doesn't sound v encourgaing yeah?

jenifur

Good to hear that Jed is gog home soon, but sorry to hear abt ur boy. Hope his fever is down liao. Take care of urself also, dun get too stressed out coz u need ur health to take care of ur kids!

<font color="ff6000">Good Morning, mommies</font>
hope my orange brightens the day. Waiting for hb to b ready then we'r off to tmc for my gynae checkup and blood test. Hope the nurses won't take tubes this time round!! I'm scared lor. Going to my little gal too who wakes up at 3 plus am after I got up to pee. Feeling little hungry le but can't eat till after the blood test...

jenifur
oh dear hope Josiah gets well soon and can go home with didi today lor. U must b having mixed feelings with one son being warded and the other discharging today. Take care and don't let others affect u lah. That's wat u needed least now.

milkyway

Good morn
happy.gif

U're doing the GD test ah? How come so late then u do ah?

Drink the glucose drink SLOWLY hor. Drinking too fast on an empty stomach, &amp; with no water the whole nite, might make u throw up!

milkyway

Anyway nvm lah, if ur doc advises to do, then do lor. In case anything u can nip it in the bud rather than not knowing anything lor.

The first tube not so bad, coz just go clinic &amp; take blood then drink orange fizzy drink. But the 2h wait is torturous! TMC got no place to go, nothing to do during the 2h. Then keep seeing the Jollibean, Delifrance etc food but cannot eat! Worse is cannot drink water altho very thirsty due to fasting the whole nite &amp; after drinking the sweet drink *yucks*

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">Hey Jenifur...</font>

Very glad to hear that bb Jed is ready to go home... However, it must be both physically and emotionally draining for u to have another child down with fever n being warded. I really applaude u for being so strong for your children all these while. Just come in anytime to "fa xie" if it helps u to get some relief off ur chest. Please do take care! U can do it! Jiayou! Jiayou! *HUGS*</font>

MORNING MUMMIES

WOW... juz skim thru the forum seems.... anyway this is a place to share our knowledge and release our anger ... share with pple who going thru the same phase... so whatever it is RELAX and don't take things too hard coz our life is already hard enuff ... all of us are from various background and environment!!!

I having some sort of muslce pain on one side of the tummy not that pain but still pondering if i should go see doc now or wait till tonite!!

flower4> nope from apr to jul. we were so pissed off with the agent cos he din seem like he helped us try to get the coe. went back to the showroom and "try" to make a scene and failed terribly but at least we gave him a piece of our mind! but din get to see the mgr... so we pressed for our refund and bought another car 3 days later with another dealer. the original one asked us to top up a bit for coe but i see no point... later get coe liao still must wait for the stock. wait until baby come out liao!

my client was the one who taught me to go and make a scene cos she got a car from the same dealer and also commented that their cust svc is quite bad. but she got guts and loud voice, we din, so din get to see mgr! how abt threatening to go to case?? cos i dun see why we are not allowed to see the mgr...

<font color="ff0099">Morning mommies!</font>
I had possibly the worst sleep I've had in months. Pubic area pain &amp; swollen, tummy feels hard like rock &amp; uncomfy, breasts very sore &amp; pain, plus last nite even had acid reflux so I kept feeling nauseous and burning sensation from my chest to throat! Argh! Just called my gynae's office to ask what I can possibly do or eat to make this stupid burning acid go away. I didn't overeat or undereat lor, so I don't even know why the acid is coming up!

<font color="ff0099">jenifur</font>
*hugs* My J also high fever last nite. Hit 39.1 degrees. Gave him a suppository to bring down the fever cos he puked out his meds. We prayed together with him, and his fever went down within an hour and he slept well through the night from 11pm to 7am. Now hubs brought him to the doc to check on his (newly acquired) cough as well. Jialat lah.

But we'll all get by this! Our boys will be well very soon.
happy.gif
Just hang in there!

Morning mummies!

shelled,
me too had a terrible sleep ytd nite. Having acid reflux and burning sensation since afternoon until i dun dare to eat too much. So did your gynac say anything that can help to solve it. Me now still having it. Haiz!! me only slept for abt 3hrs.

<font color="ff0099">Moojenn</font>
The clinic assistant just called me back 15 mins ago to give me the go-ahead to pop some antacids. My gynae prescribed some for me during my 1st trimester cos I also had acid. So I just had 3 cookies, with 1 glass of milk, and popped 2 tablets of Veragel. Damn gross to chew and swallow it.

I was told cannot anyhow buy off-the-counter antacids hor. Cos not all are suitable for preggy moms. Can go to GP and get a prescription for something safe for us.

Hope this helps!
happy.gif

oh shelled gt medicine for us to take ar for acid reflux and heartburn. I told my gynae during my last visit and he said it's normal lor and never prescribe me anything. Cos I also have heartburn during my #1 pregnancy and till now still have lor already 6years liao.

Ok I check with my GP.

<font color="aa00aa">Morning Mummies</font>

Jenifur
Hugs !!! Not easy when one child is sick too. Pray that your older boy has a speedy recovery. Take care. But glad to know that Jed be going home today. I really salute you , you have been very storng &amp; brave all this time for your children. Jiayou mummy !!! May God give you strength &amp; comfort
happy.gif

Shelled
You okie or not ? Try to rest if possible. J is sick too. Oh no. That y they say mummy is always wei da. Maybe your DH is right about you popping this weekend. 38 weeks is a good time to pop. Pray that J has a speedy recovery

Storing breastmilk
Me also headache leh. Do you think i can wait after first month then decide what type storage system to use ? Cause i really don't want to buy so many things now.

Ling/ Princess
Since both of you not working. What usually do you gals do to pass time ? me going on leave soon to clear my annual leave. I thinking what can i do besides resting and hopefully don't spend more $$ than i'm working ahaha
happy.gif

Do share some tips ok , thanks

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">huichern...</font>

If ur all ready for bb's arrival.. stay home, come in forum, watch video lo.. am actually tinking if i should make a trip down to East Coast Park for walks or not lo.. heez..</font>

Shelled

I thought you had popped coz you were missing the entire evening. Next weekend is good. 8 Aug is nice, 9 Aug lagi nicer date!! Maybe yours will be one of the first babies on national day, then will see you on papers and TV :p

Jenifur,

It's difficult for you during this time but don't stress, don't stress. Ask your family for help if you can. Hope for a speedy recovery for your elder son and strong immunity for Jed.

just back from my gynae visit.. bb is now 1.95kg at w33 and i've only put on 0.8kg from 3 wks ago... next visit will be 2wks later lor.

jul
i was given the option of hand prick for the glucose test or draw blood + drinking the glucose water. So i chose the hand prick.. hahaha and lucky the count was 3.8 only which is lower then normal of 6-7 lor. heng ar... so didnt have to wait 2hrs for the entire process. hehe

shelled
aiyoh, hope u get better and Joshua recovers soon lor.. next wk pop gd mah.. like bbq98 says, mayb first bb on national day leh. then got free sponsors also.

princessxiaomei
think u better go get those small stool to sit on when u wash ur clothes leh.. cos my gynae tells me not to squat too much or walk too much when i told her i felt soreness when i walked too much. Squating and walking can cause early labour so best to do it after w36. dont stress urself k...

ling
short slow walks are ok but dont walk for too long yah.. must pace urself. If tired, better stop and rest lor.

shelled

Hehe so u haven't seh yet. Aiyoh all the kids are falling sick again. Must be the weather or something. Hope J gets well soon.

milkyway

Haha gd news! Me have not so gd news. My swab test came back with fungal infection. Gotta go get medicine to insert again *hiaz* Waste money, waste time, waste energy gog to gynae's.

<font color="ff0099">hui chern</font>
Thanks! I'm SOOOO much better now after having light breakfast and 2 tabs of Veragel (antacids). In fact, I felt so well that I've been cleaning hse from 10.30 til 12.30.
lol.gif
At the rate my nesting instinct is going, I cannot believe I am not going to pop yet lor!

<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
Ya lor. Ppl have been telling me to pop K as the 1st National Day bb, then govt give BIG ANGBAO. hahaha. See what God plans for us lah. As long as K comes safe &amp; sound via painless and quick natural delivery, I'll be more than happy.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
Ya lor, haven't seh leh. How?? I'm sure the kids will all have speedy recoveries.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">woah.. thread so fast.. i cannot catch up already! I have one stupid internet connection. sobz!</font>

<font color="aa00aa">milkyway</font>
OKIE, noted! I will be very careful. Actually soreness is like how ah? Sometimes i walk or sit too long, then suddenly i walk again, i have to stop or move super duper slowly.. or else like a little "painful" to continue the movements. Felt like my ligaments suddenly become so fragile! After week 36, i keep squating and walking then. LOL! But from my last visit to the gynae, seemed like i am most likely to deliver mid to end september lor. At wk33, my baby weighs about 1.7kg only. I think should be a little light. I will be doing the Strep B test on week36. :)

Hmm.. how come you do glucose blood test?? My gynae never ask me to do any blood test lately leh... -.-

<font color="aa00aa">huichern</font>
Hahahaha... basically i sleep until around 11+ 12+, then i nua on the bed for about 1hr+! Hahaha... after that watch whatever show is airing on tv, try to surf the net if i have internet connection... late noon go back mum's place to look after kids... dinner time.. watch tv.. go home... dream.. and sleep. Hahahahahaa.... boring lah! BUt okay lah... used to it liao le... can rest i rest lor.. cos i know the moment my baby pops, i have no time to rest since i am acting like the confinement nanny too. Hahahahaahahaa.....

<font color="aa00aa">jenifur</font>
Take good care of your own health too okay! It's good to hear that your little one can be come already!! :) So happy for you... but your the other child is down with fever. It's really hard on you. I really salute you. You're so strong! Try to take a nap as and when possible okay! :) Don't over'work' your body and mind! :)

<font color="aa00aa">gina</font>
Woah..... so nice leh.. you have $100 to spend at taka!! hahahahaa.... what else you have not gotten???? :)

<font color="0000ff">MILK STORAGE</font>
I just realised i have not gotten anything to store my milk (just in case i need to do it). I bought the avent pumps etc... so was thinking to get the what cups or bottle to store? Any comments which to get is better? I would get from Avent brand since for bottles and pump i bought all avent... :)

Jenifur...
Very glad to hear that bb Jed is ready to go home, or is he home already? Hopefully u can take more rest now that you dun have to go to the hospital frequently. Hope your #2 recovers soon.

Shelled
Didn't managed to log on during the weekend, was wondering if u've poped. hahha so u haven't. Jia you, hang in there! National day is just round the corner! I read b4 if u have Heartburn, drinking milk will help. I have that now and then, very very xin ku lor... and owrse is, it always happen in the night when I wanna sleep.

Falling Sick
Yesterday a friend came over my place, she is having the flu but didn't look that bad lah... but hor, after spending the evening with her, now I start to have sore throat liao. So worried... I dun wanna get sick cos whenever I get sick, I'll get asthma and it's xn ku plus $$$ wasted. Sian

gina
I also have been keeping all my TAKA vouchers for the BB fair. Actually I've already bought 7788 of all the necessary items so Taka fair will be for buying toys, hope they won't be too ex. I haven't got a cot mobile cos till now, can't find nice... and cheap one :p

MILK STORAGE
Asking all mummies, I'm SHMTB and intending to let hubby take care of 1 night feed a day. Is it sufficient if I have only 4 milk storage bottles.

lansinoh milk bag> hey. tat time isit jenifur run a spree here for tat huh? how much was it for a box of 50pieces? thanx in advance.
happy.gif

milkyway> sian. nvm, will get items when i c dem on discount nxt time. keke. no need cheapest of all places, as long as got discount, means wun be de most ex can le =x

cookiezz> lol. same la. april buy car most dangerous. cos tat's when coe is still low, so dey sell de car cheaply, only to realise with tat amt, not enugh for them to bid for coe? which car were u tryin to buy? in de end got de same car oso?

<font color="ff0099">itsy</font>
Milk helps the heartburn to a certain extent, but after 30 mins or so, come back again lor. I can't be drinking milk nonstop mah. So antacids still work better. Since I popped 2 in the morning, until now haven't come back liao.

4 storage bottles should be enough if your DH take over 1 night feed daily. But it also means you have to constantly pump and replenish the EBM supply hor. Actually just 1 bottle could be enough also. Just pump before u go sleep, then your DH can warm up the chilled EBM for night feed. Then just do the same every night lor. NO need to freeze any.

Why cannot seh now?! 37wks considered full-term liao leh. Most babies come before EDD one lor. And I already clean house for 2 hrs nonstop today liao! I got squat to wash bathroom floor also. Then I already walk alot most of the time until jenifur KPKB say I will induce labor. Got J lor, u think i have chance to sit around and cho boh meh... Now J having fever some more, I sibei bo eng to sponge him every few hours, and this and that.
lame.gif

michelle

You bot the Britax Royale car seat right? I bot it yest but seems the brand has changed to Safe &amp; Sound. I din think much of it, coz the salesperson said it was the same brand &amp; Australian company. Now I think abt it.. a bit funny..

How much did u get urs for? And did u get a seat protector? Yest I was quite tired &amp; blur &amp; forgot to ask all these *sigh*

gina and itsy,
my husband just gave me $20 taka vouchers last weekend. he won it at his company dinner. so i'm looking forward to the taka bb fair too, even though $20 is such a measly amount, hahaa!

stroller,
i succumbed to temptations!! didn't want to get a stroller because i'm expecting #2 to be breastfeeding most of the time + doesn't like to sit in stroller (like #1). but after a lot of thinking, i decided to get a 2nd hand stroller to make myself happy <u>just in case</u> #2 is a baby who loves sitting in strollers. 2nd hand also means that i won't be too affected if it eventually ends up to be a white elephant at home. i've gotten a lightweight yellow/black aprica model that has reversible handle. only paid $230 for it, so i'm very happy with the purchase!

5 pack carters bb blanket,
who's the sept mummy who recommended the blankets? i just got mine today, so soft and comfy! i like the designs. i also like that it's thin, unlike the usual thick bb blankets. i don't have an aircon at my current house, so thin blanket is the best for swaddling!

shelled

Yeah lah, 37 weks can seh, but some pple carry to full term mah.

Oh sorry, u mentioned umpteen times b4 but I forgot.. why did u have to induce then emergency C-sect for J ah?

I have been "warned" by my gynae that I may have to induce if Babylet grows too big. Scary leh..

I think after I finish washing the clothes &amp; bedding &amp; stuff, I will start squatting &amp; walking until I drop at the end of the day also. I dun wanna induce leh
sad.gif

flower4> haha. is doc call my kind of cough smokers cough one wor. not me leh =p

swat test> oh no. heard de results not good, need to take medicine. but cannot start medication till my warts recover. sian. bb better dun come out now.

connie> keke. i oso dun wan bb to come out too early. nobody to look after him when i have to go back to wk. but at de same time, i cant wait to see him. so mixed feelings =p

so de pigeon bottles fits de ameda pump perfectly? great. hehe. most likely i'll get de pigeon bottles den. maybe 4boxes at a start. hope it'll be selling at a good price at taka bb fair =p

jenifur> grats. good to know dat ur little boy is goin hm soon
happy.gif

JUL
I read from somewhere in this forum that your hubby's push gift to you will help induce... so ask him for the gift earlier loh.

huichern> i oso intended to wait till after confinement den buy. but wat if our supply is more den bb's demand? throw away de excess meh? so better to buy all de storage n pump before delivery wor. else more mafan. think i buy in august during de taka bb fair. if bb fair got sell de ameda pump same price as mumsfairy, i buy fr them. else i get from mumsfairy. den get de pigeon storage bottles from de fair. oso went online to buy some lansinoh bm bags for storing of excess milk in freezer.

princessxiaomei> i heard de avent via cups tat are used to store bm, can only be sterilised up to 4times, den got to change n throw. in the long run not so feasible. seems quite costly to use it.

jul> britax actually have another name called safe &amp; sound. seems like de cheaper models are under this safe &amp; sound brand. but mine is de blue carseat which is de britax royale, think it's de most costly car seat for britax sold in singapore.

i got mine at 499, 15% discount during robinsons sale. dis model comes with a seat protector. so i din need to pay extra for it. where did u buy this? i understand only taka, robinsons n baby hypermart carry this model.

sandwich> keke. shuld b me ba. i bought long ago. forget was asking jul or shelled to get those. ya. de designs are nice, materials soft n not too thick. good for singapore weather. glad u like it too =p

Cos J refuse to come leh. By 39wks limbu wanna kill myself from the discomfort liao. So i stubbornly ask my gynae to induce me, even though she already warn me that success rate very low. Because my cervix still very hard (not effaced) and zero dilation, and J also not engaged. But I stubborn lah. Plus I wanted my hubs to claim his 2 wks paternity leave, then a few of his colleagues tender resignation at the same time. If we dont' pop soon, then all his colleagues leave liao, his 2wks sure forfeited cos not enough staff.

Induce works better if your cervix already effaced and/or dilated. For J's case, NOTHING AT ALL. My cervix still sealed shut. So my induction attempt sibei failz lor. Dilated until 4cm then never continue liao.

In 1st trimester, my gynae already warn me this time round won't induce me no matter what, cos my cervix dont' respond well to induction at all. "Very stubborn like you", she said.
lame.gif

Good Noon Mommies,
Flower,

They said that they do not dislike dogs. But they dislike the fur. -.- My Nala keeps giving me the "Eyes" And I get muddled up emotionally whenever I see her and when i go back to the house. I hear my PIL's playing googoogaagaa with my DH's 1st brothers daughter of 7 mths. Makes me feel like Nala is some extra being occupying the air and space around the OUTSIDE of the house fighting her fear of wind rain thunderstorm or shine in the backyard. T^T
Jenifur,

Glad that BB Jed is able to go home with you. =) Hope your other boy is doing fine too. Stay calm. <3

I have a question for the mommies out there... How do you all sleep at night hmm? Left side? Right side? I have difficulty finding a position to sleep every night now. And I wake up with my body aching every morning. Not the kind of condition I'd like to be in when I have to go to the salon in the noon time. >.<

On top of that I think my Emo-ness is getting worse. * Sigh *

itsy

Haha.. I told HB not early push gift till we have finished getting ready. So prob ard week 38 bah? Now strictly no gifting Muahahaa..

michelle

I bot the blue one also. Plush, soft, cooling fabric, &amp; with a little canopy one right? Dunno why the brand changed. UP is $499 also. At Robinsons too! Very confused now.

shelled

Oh.. wah that's it! Time to dig out my trainers &amp; shorts &amp; get ready for Great Spore Workout in 2 wweks' time liao. *prays hard that this rascal stops gaining weight*

Michelle

Aiyo, like tat means i need to get some storage items to standby lah. Sorry i know sometime ago someone got post the date of the Taka fair , can share again thks hehe

Lansinoh milkbags u buy online ? Can share website, have you got your items yet ? I know jenifur last time got do spree but i didn't order from her.
sad.gif

Pamelia
I will mostly sleep on my left side in the beginning, then nite time will change to right lor. Haha depend on which side bb prefer you to sleep lah. But sometimes, i will feel like my back like gonna break hor. I lay down on my back first so as to stretch the back muscle a bit to relieve the aches then i turn to my left again

Hope my post not too long for you to understand. haha

Me also very emo lately, listen to love songs also felt like crying haha wire abit loose liao. But guess for u could be you are more worried about nala that y more emo is it ? *Hugs*

<font color="aa00aa">shelled</font>
HUr? You dilate 4cm then stop dilating liao? You mean can like that? Not once start to dilate means gonna deliver soon???

J having fever?? Gosh, take good care of yourself too yah! Don't keep wash toilet lah..... LOL!

<font color="aa00aa">michelle</font>
I also somewhere mentioning about this avent cups have limited life span.. so i was thinking is it better to get the bottles instead of the cups?? They do come in bottles right?? 2 different sizes if i never remember wrongly. At least if store in bottles, the bottles can last longer than the cups? if buy the bottles, i also dont know to buy the smaller size or bigger size leh.. cos i also dont know how much milk i will have.. -.-

<font color="aa00aa">jul</font>
Too big for us must induce? How do their induce us? Insert pills or injection or what? Is it painful? After induce, then dilate faster or what? I often hear people talking about induce but i have no idea how it goes about it etc.

<font color="aa00aa">sandwich</font>
$20 also money leh. Hahaha. I got $0 taka vouchers. Hahahahaha.

Back