(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

I'm off to Genting tonight.. see u mummies again on thurs.. May u all have a great week ahead!!!
happy.gif
 


Ling =)
have fun! enjoy urself with ur hubby and relax!!

since need to spend more cos of getting a new cot.. a bit difficult to buy the babysafe mattress as extra expenditure (since some of the attractive prices includes the mattress and bedding set already)... dilemma.. burning big holes in pockets... lol
 
shelled> haha. ya. must let him know ur stand. n if he wan to go out to play/enjoy. make sure he follow the rules
happy.gif
i agree with u on tat.

de infant care i went to all say must get own bedding set. either we purchase outside, or from them. i think i rather get from outside. haha. dey dun provide. cos dey expect u to bring hm n wash every wkend -_-

cho> not exactly wor. de one tat i went to that charge more dun provide de bedding set. infact the cheaper one provides. but i think i send my bb to de more ex one. cos nearer to my hm n de other one seems like vacancy only 1mth later -_-

rach> 10pack bib cost 1.20? so cheap? gees. i dunno. i bought carter waterproof one. juz buy them cos i tot dey look cute =p

hehe. i found de cot at baby hypermart quite nice leh. lol. diff taste ba =x i oso topup 20bucks for matress with holes. mine oso comes with full bedding set n still got diaper changer promo tat time i went =p

yaya. i buy alot of bodysuits/rompers. 19 in total so far. been restricting myself by not lookin at any of the rompers. cos i simply cant control myself =x

ling> enjoy
happy.gif
 
BABYSAFE MATTRESS: is there a diff between latex, coconut husk n babysafe mattress??

q confused.. i got e roccio cot fr taka baby fair so it comes w e coconut husk mattress. according to sales person e coconut husk mattress is good coz it provides support to bb's spine etc n if he pee on bed it will nt b soaked up by mattress..

and for newborn pillow, i oso bot.. but heard tat it's nt good for bb to sleep on pillow so young.. so confusing!

anyone can enlighten?
 
<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">BabyMallOnline Spree</font></font>

Just wanna check arh, <font color="0000ff">how many more mommies are keen to order??</font> So far I know left with jenifur and Rach who are keen, any other mommies? Because I suspect Batch 2 may exceed cap, so might need to open Batch 3...
 
cho
I let my #1 sleep in those "donut pillows" that have an indented "hole" in the middle of the pillow. For me, I noticed it seemed to help to reduce the amt of drool and spit-up because his head will stay in place &amp; face the ceiling when he's sleeping. Without pillow, one of his cheeks will be FLAT on the mattress, causing a lot of drool and spit-up to flow onto the bedsheets/mattress, as well as covering half his face in a fluid mess.

Also, my #1 had developed a bit of a "flat head" at the back due to lying down without pillow. And for the first couple of months, cannot do Tummy Time one lor! So his grandparents all KPKB about his flat head until I dulan and let him sleep on a donut pillow lah.

This time round, I will still be getting a newborn pillow for #2.
 
shelled: tks for e advice!! i got e newborn pillow.. but read from e website above tat newborns sh;ldnt b sleeping w pillow leh..

so confused.. e sudden infant death syndrome sounds scary!

n is there a babysafe matress cover? i tot matress cover any kind will do? so long as it is tucked under matress properly n will nt slip out n saffocate bb?
 
mummies,
hope everyone's doing well here. was busy and didn't come in here for a couple of days. woah, so many backdated posts.

angela,
welcome to the thread!

gerald,
my husband's allergic to alcohol too. oh yah, happy father's day to you!!!
 
Jess> yeah... we bought our cot at Mums and Babes earlier.. it was $369 (Nina Baby Cot) and we upgraded to the mattresses with holes..$20 more..
but was told its not the safety mattresses..which would actually costs $150-$180 each..
So.. it was $389....after further 6% discount.. we got ours at $365.
happy.gif


We got the Walnut color.. hehee.. happy..
happy.gif

Comes with 9 piece bedding set and mattress.
happy.gif


Oh..its New Zealand Pinewood for what we gotten...

Michelle> how do u buy the carter stuffs huh?? from Baby center online?? or where???
Carter is more exp compared to Babymallonline la.. hehe.. :p

huh... i went Hypermart almost flipped..all looked so lok kok.. hahaha..we walk one round and left.. kekeke.. :p

shelled> where u get those donut pillows from??

my orders coming about $80++ SGD...wait ah...finalising..and deciding to cut down on some or not..too much la...
gotta check the bags of hand me downs later..see what is given to us...then we decide and finalise on the things to buy.. hehehe.. :p
 
cho
I think most new mommies misunderstand the advice of "safer for newborn not to use pillow". When they refer to pillow, they mean the kind that WE sleep on as adults. The normal kind of pillows for adults.

It's the same with what ppl say about <font color="ff0000">"do not use dishwashing liquid to wash baby's bottles/pacifiers"</font>. It's not as if no need to use soap to wash the dirty items, but that you have to use a special soap for it.

Hope this clears up the air over these advice/warnings.
happy.gif



rach / Re: Newborn Pillow
My #1 used the one from Cheeky Bon Bon cos last time it was a free gift with stuff that we bought from Taka Baby Fair. I'm intending to buy the Babysafe newborn pillow or Naforye All Season Pillow for #2. Considering Naforye pillow cos I also need to order the Donut Relief Pack for when my milk comes in. Sure engorged until cry one.
sad.gif
So order together then can save on postage mah.

I'm not too concerned about suffocation, afterall bb's head will be inside the "hole" and no neck strength to move his head around anyway.

By the way, I stop using the pillow with my #1 once his neck was strong and he could flip over (aka ard 4 mths old). This is the period of time where I feel the risk of suffocation really increases greatly. Who knows later flip over then the head somehow get under the pillow, etc etc etc.


Karen
Sure! But I think if you want to order, like that I confirm have to open Batch 3 liao.
biggrin.gif
Approx how much is your order total? Got USD50 or not?
 
<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">My friend's small home biz - http://instinctive84.multiply.com/ </font></font>

Sorry it took so long, but my friend is packing up ALL their belongings to be shipped to the US, so it's ALOT of packing lah. Below is her email reply on the availability/size/price of the items some of you have inquired about:

<font color="aa00aa">Ling</font>

1)"BabyGapSet1" under New Arrivals
3-6m.6-12m12-18m
$10

2)"NEXT-Flower" Jumper Dress under New Arrivals.
Size 6m, 9m, 12m, 18m, 24m
$18

3)Under the Bib section: (Any special disc. or is it still 4 for $10?)
- Disneybib-onlyone [else replace with DSC03024]
- DSC02693 (I love Cake)
- Disneybib-7
- DSC03019

Many is OOS, but i hv yet got time to stock take, will update asap. Sorry...

4)Still under the bib section, whats the size for "HK-137" and how much?
Size3, about 12cm, 6-12m. $8


<font color="aa00aa">Katherine Goh</font>

http://instinctive84.multiply.com/photos/album/28/SocksLeggings#29
which one?

http://instinctive84.multiply.com/photos/album/28/SocksLeggings#30
which one?

And i'll like a pair of the cherry below... can chk the size if suitable for a 2 yrs old gal?
http://instinctive84.multiply.com/photos/album/28/SocksLeggings#27

Cfm available. All 3 pairs at $5 for you.


<font color="ff0000">All prices above are special for Shelly's friends only. Postage is not included yet, i will try to charge only actual postage.
Thanks and sorry for the slow response as im packing my lugguage to be ship away soon.</font>
 
<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa">BBmallonline Spree Update</font></font>

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">BATCH 1 ORDERED!</font>
Order Number: 25518 / Total: USD214.49 (after 20% off)
Total savings from 20% off: USD53.62, to be used to offset shipping. </font>


momoteh - All items in stock
Ling - All items in stock
Jul - Item #1 OOS / Excess of S$8.98 will be used to offset shipping
floralim - PAID / All items in stock
milkyway - Item #6 OOS / Excess of S$6.07 will be used to offset shipping
Jess - All items in stock
berrypie - All items in stock
Huishan - All items in stock
angielsw - All items in stock

::

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">BATCH 2 Current Total: USD121.50 (after 20% off) </font></font>

itsy - All items in stock / Pls trf S$56.91
hui chern - Item #1 OOS / Pls trf S$46.44 if drop item#1
bbq98 - All items in stock
cutedevil - All items in stock
xiaowei - All items in stock

jenifur - pending order
Rach - pending order
Karen - pending order


<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Kindly trf payments to POSB Savings 137195836 ASAP to prevent OOS! </font></font>
<font color="ff0000">After the pending orders come in, I will have to close spree liao. If not will end up having Batch 3...
lol.gif

Any mommies who would like to join the spree, pls let me know BY MONDAY 6PM, otherwise I will not be taking anymore orders!</font>
 
Arghh! It's <font color="0000ff">blue Monday</font> again!
sad.gif


shelled

Scanned &amp; saw ur post on shipping for Babymall. Well, for me, I'm not in a great hurry, so I can wait for longer shipping, I guess. Cheaper better mah haha.
 
Hi Morning Gals!!
So sleepy.

Rach
I only get to see my bb's heartbeat every time i go for gynae visit but dun get to hear.. haiz...diff gynac diff practice.
 
moojenn

I also only heard BB's heartbeat 3x. Most of the time is just see the heart beating on the scan.

Someone told me b4 that not so good to use the doppler too often to hear the heartbeat. But I dunno why lah.. So maybe diff gynae got diff opinions on that?

Anyway impt thing is BB developing well hor?
 
Ya Jul,most impt is BB developing well but sometimes can get pissed off by gynac attitude la. hee hee maybe i pregnant also sometimes in lousy mood haha.
 
moojenn

Yeah I know what u mean.

Sometimes i feel like gynae why taking such a short time. Why she din volunteer this &amp; that info. Why why why.. haha
 
puroland

Wah very cute leh! So tempted to buy.

But I "ren". Save $$$. Just use hankies for now lah. Ren ren ren... *chants to herself* Dun be tempted... dun be tempted..
 
Rach
I can't remember but you could be 2 mats in front of me. I was at 5th mat I think... :p I'm the one with rib pain loh. Why is your prenatal class on 26th Fri? you're not on Sat class?

Can't wait to see your guys on the 26th!
 
good morning ladies..

the bibs are so cute!!.. im so tempted too.. but i got quite some hand-me-down bibs already.. must stop "itchy fingers"

already spent quite a lot on bb stuff.. :p

shelled..
thks for the info on the newborn pillows..
im feeling guilty if we are buying the cot without package (mattress &amp; bedding set) and then buy babysafe mattress and bedding sets separately... how how ar... sigh
have u also bought the naforye cot multipurpose bag (cot organiser) before?
 
Hi Shelled,

If you gg to order Donut relief pack let me know, im interested too

As for BBmall spree, i think clear batch by batch will be easier.
Hee..hee and dont hv to wait too long..but it's up to you as long as not too troublsome for you.
 
Shelled

Did not read the thread over the weekend. I just transfer funds to you. Email you as well liao. But my is OCBC will take about 2days to reach you. Oh no, will you still place order for me ?
 
Paisy Mummies,dun have the chance to log in after tat. As whenever I tye my wrist &amp; hands get painful due to frozen pains conditions. Plus after signing up class with TMC for antenatal class, seems like weekend with additional things &amp; time taken up. oh manz so tired, i think throughout the last 3weeks, per day i only slept 2-3hrs.. Lucky one Gynea issue is Down hee
happy.gif



Jenifur,
How is your dad, yes im indeed very happy &amp;peace of mind after seeing Dr Joycelyn Wong, You so kind!! Any Unfriendliness of the staff in Joycelyn clinic, sure cant beats Lis chin’s Staff la. Dun worry .

Thanks Couldme, I sure will enjoy thru out with her til delivery yipeee

Milkyway, I now can tell why so many mummies here with Dr Wong liao.
You mummies so lucky. Beginning already with her.. Me after spending more then SGD1500 +++ with Lisa Chin , $$ not factor time waste visiting her &amp; taking leave too.

Jul, Yaman. It’s the time for me to SMILE. You too mummies. Hope u have a smooth renovation.

Thanks Itsy, ling ,jess ,purpleclouds,Angeline for all your blessin.

Mama6js, u really always there jus like Jul mentioned real mum here heee.thanks. I guess either Shelled,me Or jul will the first to POP heee. So excited.

Yes pls Ling, can help me to update , my gynea to Joycelyn Wong , Hopsital TMC Yippeee. Thanks!
 
flower4,
good for u...

hmmm,
shall i use my LMP date or scan date?
but based on what my gynae cal and told me last visit...hmmm
i think she used back my LMP date which is edd at 40 wks is on 24Aug...

anyway i have just put in my ML from 24 aug...
 
Moojenn
Saw you order the carters bibs. Me tempted to buy too, but not sure how the size. Do share once here once you got them. Thanks

Rach
You lucky not sore down there. Me also got soreness like Kat. Dunno why also sigh, maybe old liao haha
 
Moojenn
I dunno lah. But babymallonline website bibs seems to have different sizing. Some only big enough for drools.

All MTBS

Just to ask anyone got bad dreams recently. Me have quite a few leh. Some so sad i end up crying. DH got to wake me up. So drama...haha. Most of my dreams involve DH, leaving me :p. I had one last nite. Shared with him &amp; he was like why you also has such dream one haha so negative hehe.

Anyone mummies experiencing something like that ?
 
Hui Chern,
Initial few months of preg I had such dreams, maybe also cos my hubby works v late everyday. Now he returns home earlier so I dun seems to have such dreams anymore. Now, whenever I have neg tots, I'll just tell myself, it's the hormones playing prank on me and I should ignore it. More often than not, I'll forget abt the "problem" soon. Previously, when I dream of hubby leaving me, I'll feel sad and tell him the dreams then after that I'll feel so silly leh so I dun tell him anymore :p
 
huichern
i was "suffering" from these bad dreams too.. one time i was so sad i even shouted out loud in my dreams and woke my hubby.. some end up crying aft those dreams.. bad nightmares..
 
Re: Newborn Pillows

i never let my newborns sleep on pillows. not tt i think they r not safe or wat but i just didnt think they need one hehe!! but v impt to make sure they have nice round head with elongated back is to ensure they dun spend too much time sleeping on their backs. i always hv the habit of making them sleep sideway but gotta keep switching position left n right and ocassionally on their backs too. but my babies hardly sleep on their backs unless they can turn themselves already. all these i do cos my twins who r my first borns got a slightly flat head cos i was ignorant first time mom then and nobody taught me. after that learnt my lesson lor my subsequent kids all got v nice heads.

Ling
enjoy ur holi ya!

Waiwai
welcome back! so u kena quarantined? haha... my quarantine just ended today!!

so gals r we still meetg? cos if not i wanna make appt for facial!
 
Hello new mummies, Just to share. NTUC having baby fair 20% until July 1. Good time to buy last minute stuff for your newborn. Also, www.bigbellymama.com is giving out 2 free nursing kits for the annual GSS lucky draw. CLosing date is end of July.
 
Arrgh! Mt tummy hurts! He is stretching very vigorously inside. Wonder if he's cramped or he's trying to turn headdown. Sort of can feel the legs on the right side of my tummy move progressively from the waist height to 45 degree now. Ouch ouch!
 
mamato6

Yes yes! We are still meeting on 26 Jun!

Speaking of quarantine. My ILs came back from Melbourne on Sun. FIL wanted to quarantine themselves to be safe. Told us not to go pick them up from the airport &amp; to stay away for a few days. Even postponed the Father's Day dinner.

Then MIL kept asking us to go to her place to collect dinner. First she asked abt Sun's dinner. Then she asked abt Mon's dinner. Then when we said no, she said,"Tue how?".

My HB told her we tot she was quarantined, how to buy groceries &amp; cook dinner &amp; for us to get dinner? She said she can leave the food outside the door so we dun come face to face. My HB said the food still cooked by her mah. Haha.. I think my MIL v cute leh. I know she means well, but a bit not logical hor?

But hor.. thinking deeper.. many Singaporeans are like that. Which is prob why the flu is spreading.
 
Cho, i got the same cot as u at taka fair, too confuse about babysafe mattress .
/
cloudme, eh. u duno your EDD yet? your gynea din advise you ah? shld be from scan result.

Huichern,
i also have alot of nite mares scary seh!!! i will share it out during my meals time with my hubby. then forget about it. my mum teach out, eat away hahaaa
 
hui chern

Havne't been having BAd dreams, but my dreams are a lot! And very vivid ones. It's like I have a life inside my dreams, everything is soo real
 
jUl, wat happen?
your tis incident only occured to me twice. then after tat, i talk to bb, dun hurt me. then he stop lioa. vry painful one, i wil shout OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! last few second la. urs?
 

flower

Dunno leh.. he is stretching so vigorously. Really think he's trying to turn head down. The area below my right ribs is sooo painful now.
 

Back
Top