(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

whitey

U very detailed leh! Haha thanks for the analysis. U managed to do a lot in 1 evening hor?

Me thinking of the Ameda Breast Pump lor. Think it's good to get it settled esp if they are willing to give us later warranty. Rather than last min wait for Taka Fair, then gancheong if pop early. Coz Taka Fair Aug, then we're early Sep EDD leh.
 


Jul
Ya, I got the Ameda breastpump bundle deal in the end, cos I find Medela really very ex. Of course it's great if I can buy Medela but I do not wish to commit so much $$ especially since many good reviews on Ameda Lactaline as well.

I paid a deposit of $150, then 1 mth before EDD they will deliver FOC to my house. Warranty will start from then on. Just need to pay the delivery guy the balance in cash or a crossed cheque =)

And yes, I was at the expo since 6.40pm and only left at 10.10pm last evening!! Of cos I felt tired but like I said, very fruitful lor. Somemore friendly-friendly talk to the various booth people, but I ignored the insurance and banking marketers la.

Then after leaving expo, I suddenly felt super hungry cos I just ate some garlic bread at 6+pm before that. So we headed off to Bedok Camp food centre for a nice late dinner, end up reaching home almost midnight. So tired last night.

Michelle
Yes you can consider the Ameda promo, I also think it's good. Even if you never buy the bundle deal, the Ameda on its own at $338 is the cheapest Ameda price I have ever come across =)
 
whitey

I also find medela very exp. Yeah they give free bag, free collerbag & more botles etc. But all these can get elsewhere also mah. Thinking of the price I very sian.

I will get Ameda in the end. But really dunno whether to get the bundled set or just the pump *hiaz*
 
michelle...

I just received another msg this morning regarding the sale at BHG Bugis today. Now its says its for capitacard members to receive the special discounts. I've deleted the one i receive yest, cannot confirm. So now i duno its for all DBS card members, onl capitacard members.. Just fyi..
 
Ladies,

I have a new set of AVENT Airflex (Newborn Starter Set, unopen) to sell. Retail price is selling at $49 and i am letting it go at $30. Cash & carry at Toa Payoh MRT / Novena MRT or i can deliver it to you if you are staying at Toa Payoh. Pls sms me at 90050880 if you are keen. Thank you.

You can check at this URL for more information.

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/sg/consumer/cc/_productid_SCD234_07_SG_CONSUMER/Newborn-Starter-Set+SCD234-07

What is included
•Airflex Feeding Bottle (260 ml/ 9 oz): 2 pcs
•Airflex Feeding Bottle (125 ml/ 4 oz): 2 pcs
•Extra soft, Slow Flow Teat: 2 pcs
•Extra soft, Newborn Flow Teat: 4 pcs
•Newborn Pacifier: 1 pcs
•Bottle and teat brush: 1 pcs
 
Hi ladies, if you are keen to buy brand new Medela breastmilk bottles and breastmilk bags at a special price, please let me know. My girl is turning 3 months old next week, and I did not use these items at all after I gave birth.

You can contact me at [email protected]
 
dear mummies, just want to share about what happened to me just on Friday. I woke up in the morning and felt fluid trickling out. I know it was not urine and husband and I went down to TMC immediately. Joycelyn was on leave and I was attended to by Adrian. He confirmed that I have premature rupture of membrane and that I am leaking amniotic fluid. It came as a shock to me. I am currently in my 24th weeks. He decided that I go on bedrest and just pray for the best - that I will not experience any contractions or fever (means there is infection). The leak might heal by itself, which is the most ideal. Second scenario is that I will continue leaking and try to minimise the leak by bedrest. Hopefully, he will stay in for as long as possible. THe last we checked is that baby is growing very well and the level of fluid in my womb is still alot. The worst scenario is that I might go into labour within a week or two.

THese are all devasting news to me. The cause of rupture is not known. If baby comes out now, he might have a chance of survival but it will take a lot to sustain him. I just feel so lost and sad at the way things turned out. It seems like each pregnancy has not been easy. For my first one, I starting effacing at 30 something weeks. But thank God that he was born full term at 39th. And now this got to happen to #2 at 24th weeks. I am really praying for a miracle that the leak will heal by itself and that #2 will stay in there till as long as possible. If you are a Christian, please pray for us. We are trusting God for the outcome and we choose to give thanks because we know He has the best for us. Thanks.
 
Lilac

Do not worry too much. I am sure that God will protect you and your baby like what He did last time. Do take a good rest. Do not move around. Rest well. Do update us ok? Will keep you in prayer.
 
prettymumscom, thanks for the note. Will continue to update as and when there are news. Now just resting at home. Sad thing is that I cannot carry my #1. He kept wanting me to 'bao bao' cos I think he misses me carrying him.
 
dear lilac.. dun worry too much.. rest in bed.. have ur #1 sit beside u on bed la.. n hug him or sing to him =)
Jia You! will pray for u...
 
lilac..

pls take care and rest well in bed. Im sure if it can happen for ur #1, ur #2 will oso wait till 39 weeks. If not, 38 weeks is also good.. So dun brood over it too much ya?
 
Lilac
i stand in agreement with you that no evil shalt come near you and your baby. He (sorry i cant rem u hvg boy or gal) shall be covered and protected by Jesus blood.

For the sake of your baby, must be good ok? complete bedrest is impt for the healing of your amniotic fluid. try to explain to your older child? do stuffs together in bed, like reading or hugging each other? leave the rouch playing to ur hubby. u take care ya.
 
jess
Thank God u and baby are ok! i also was involved in an accident when i was 7.5 mths preg with gal. so worrying when she didnt move for the whole nite.
 
Jess, thanks for the encouragement.

Ling, we are praying for baby to remain in there for as long as possible. Most ideal is 37th weeks. 36th also can. Actually, just praying for His will to be done.

Mama to 6Js, thanks for the prayer. It is very comforting to acknowledge God's presence in our life. Am just resting in bed and sometimes, will get up and walk a little cos' back aching after staying in bed for too long. We are expecting a boy.

Not much leaking now. Just a few spottings here and there. Really praying that the leak will heal by itself within the next few days. Going to see Joycelyn next Wed. If thing goes well i.e. no leak and fluid level good, then no need to transfer to KKH. If not, will have to transfer immediately.
 
jul> there's a taka fair in aug? den i go taka fair buy my ameda pump. since my edd is close to end sep liaos. but not sure when is taka fair nia

whitey> erms. no time to drop by expo. n really too far. hubby say go there pay parking n petrol price same liaos. haha. maybe wait for taka fair c how. juz went bhg. not much things i bought. cos seems like all already sale items n tot no discount. but in the end got. den realise buy too little. but not willing to q again. -_-"

ling> i went. all dbs card member can enter, but they nv check de card, juz let us in. but actually upon payment. can use any cc even uob to pay, u still get the discount. but with capitalland card, u get extra 2% rebate, extra 5% with bhg card. but it's ok. still quite a good deal. too crowded though, so din buy much.

lilac> do not think too much n try to get as much rest as u can during this period. i know sometimes it's hard not to worry. but worrying wun help in any case. i'm not christian, but i'll still pray for u n ur baby to be safe.

i think it's best not to carry ur #1 now. cos tat time when i went for amino test, doc tell me not to carry anything heavy too. so juz try ur best n rest in bed. like wat jess said. maybe he can stay in bed with u, n u read or sing to him. i guess he'll understand in time to come.

mama to 6js> ya. sometimes i ask bb not to kick me. cos there was once he really kick me de whole day. den for the nxt day he din move. made me so worried. tat nite i told hubby, n he had to pacify bb for the whole nite to make him kick me. but not he is more guai, only kick me occasionally in a day.

sometimes i juz tok to him. haha. maybe pple thinking i'm crazy -_-"
 
bhg sale> din really know wat to buy. bought 1box of 48pcs tollyjoy nursing pad. wonder how long it can last. 1wk? haha. at least can tahan den hubby can go get me more -_-"

also bought one bottle of tollyjoy shampoo, shower wash, n 2bottles of powder. n alot of pigeon wipes. spend abt 50bucks for all these. dunno costly or not -_-"

take until one basket no space, den i go pay liaos.
 
michelle..

ya.. glad u still get the discounts.. sale items still got 15% right? else i will really feel bad; make u waste the trip.. they send 2 separate msgs, make me blur only.. haha.. I wanted to go get the babysafe mattress but decided to call if they have it first.. then they say they dun have, so I didn't go. Else, I drive all the way down alone n cannot find what i want.
 
BHG sale: hi mummies, was down @ BHG this AM.. bot a few stuff:
- Avent express bottle sterilizer + extra milk bottles
- receiving blankets
- extra bedding set for cot
- Pigeon dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent n softener
- J&J top to toe wash and wipes

overall e BHG sale is q like other sale at Taka or Robinsons leh..

went to Taka n Robinson's today and found that e bundles were abt e same at same disc at prices.. mayb will check out e expo fair tmr..

whitey: thanks for the detailed updates!
 
Hi everyone, am a sept mummy as well.. edd: a late sept baby girl
happy.gif


Just wondering what have you mummies bought? I only bought a stroller and a steriliser to date. I have enough clothes for both me and baby already. Too many things and not really sure what to get first. Am on a budget but would like to get something good and cheap(as if who doesnt).

Or do anyone of you plan to have a baby shower? Not sure if i should give my friend a list of things i want and wait for them to give me or get them first :x

will be going down to the motherhood fair again tmr.. get some basic necessities like baby wipes etc first bah.. oh and glass bottles
happy.gif
 
ling> keke. not sure wat still got 15%. cos some have 15% even on sale. but some dun haf. so basically i dunno how much is the item till i paid for it. i juz bought abit of everything. wow. u still called them.

ok la. even if nothing, wun blame u. cos i went to suntect pick up de gown ma. den it's somewhere along the way. juz need pay for parking. keke

haystack> wat nursing bras are u selling?

cho> i oso notice the bedding set for cot worth it. saw the baby pooh one. usual price 99bucks. comes with 15% discount. so pretty worth it.

but oredi have 2 bedding set for cot liaos. so din get anymore.

gina> dun think very nice to tell frens wat to buy. unless they ask. anyway my frens mostly is give ap one. cos usually our frens have babies, we give ap too.
 
mama to 6Js
yes thank God for his protection.
my bb was moving a lot aft the accident.. but then aft the chkup he stopped moving.. today he back in actions again.. i'm glad... =)
and glad u r fine too after ur incident =)

Hubby brought me to BHG sale today.. cheered me up!
bought some pigeon stuff - regular items only 20% off, sale items no further discount.
too many pple though.. difficult to shop around..
 
jess/ michelle: u can try playing music to bb if u wan him to kick..

mine usually responds to music.. will usually play some classical music to him.. dunno if he is irritated by music or not.. but he turns/kicks more when there is music..
 
Britax carseats:
anyone noes which place sells Britax convertible carseats (for newborn and up) other than Robinsons?

tks tks..
 
Michelle, thanks for the encouragement. Is trying not to move alot.

Gerald, thanks for the prayer. Will continue to trust in Him.

A little update. I am still leaking. Interestingly, it is in the morning which see the most flow. Throughout the day, its just spottings. We are probably going down to see Joycelyn first thing in the morning on Monday instead of Wed - just to make sure that the fluid level is not too low. Please pray for miraculous healing; pray that the fluid level is still ok; pray that there is no infection and that I will not have to be admitted into hospital. One thing which I am thankful is that I am not experiencing any contractions and I feel phyisically good - as per normal. I am just holding on to his vigorous movements each day =) #2 is moving really alot!! Thanks mummies and daddy.
 
Hi Lilac,


I pray that God would touch you with his healing power and restore you to total health.And give the doc wisdom and full knowlegde of the best way to proceed for you and your bb.
Most impt Stay positive..Have faith and trust that HE is in control.
 
lilac,
take gd care.. dont move too much lor. i'm not christian but will still pray for u... we have the same gynae too i'm seeing her on Fri.

cho,
i saw the Britax carseats yesterday at Baby Kingdom at Kaki bukit ave 1 Shun Li industrial park. me and hb likes it too but find it really ex and the colours were limited. It costs $499 and no discount. How much was it at robinsons??
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Lilac,

Will include you in my daily prayer &amp; when I partake my holy communion.

Do not be ruled by fear because fear will disable you every time. Always remember fear disables, faith enables. Keep on praying though I know it might be abit hard when you are faced with such a challenge.

However DO rem that irregardless of how you feel, remember that you are more than a conqueror and co-heir with Christ.

Remember by Jesus's stripes you have been healed. Ask God to intervene, claim healing &amp; take authority over e situation by commanding that you will be healed in Jesus' name.

Remember let not yr heart be worry. It won't be easy as I'm also going thru challenges in my pregnancy too. I was worrying alot when e "bad news" hit me but now I'm at peace. I just stand by God's Words &amp; proclaim total healing &amp; miracle!! And whenever I get hit by any bad thoughts, I just prayed &amp; prayed &amp; prayed. *hee*</font></font>
 
Hi Michelle,

my friends did ask me for a list so they wouldn't buy those unnecessary stuff... just a bit paiseh to add those more expensive stuff.. although she did mention about sharing >.<

Anyone gotten any nursing bras? any idea when should we get one? heard there's a sale at motherhood fair...
 
Lilac,

May God bless you &amp; bb, try singing some prayer to you bb.

Thank God has make you realise your bb situation early.so u able to monitor closely and Pray for .


YTD watch some drama, was quite frighten, a MTB at 7month preggie was knock down by car accident , Mummy was jus suffer from minor scratches only.. but the impact cause the bb heart beat to stop, and force to induce and gone through the labour process... was sadden the whole day after watching the drama.

right now, i been very extra careful whenver i walk in public... keep remindin myself. BB is weak as compare to mummies...

minor knock to mummies is harmless to mum, but to bb inside might cause greatly though...
 
*lilac*
Do take very good care of yourself. Keep talking to baby... to be strong and healthy...
Try your best dont think too much, it's not easy but you have to try...

*jenifur*
Thanks for passing me my spree. Anymore ongoing spree do update me okay.. i know i hardly online.. LOL! I quite like the softness of the clothes from babymallonline leh even though the sizes a little big. But it's okay. Cos babies grow very fast. Buy too small only can wear few weeks?? A waste of money! Hahahaa...

I randomly glanced through the history.. most of you talking about the capella stroller thingy too.. i just bought mine S705 last weekend.. i had 15% off at Mothercare using DBS card. It was only at Marina Square outlet as they just relocated. I am satisfied with this stroller cos it's really spacious and looks comfortable.. haha.. though i never get to sit on it to try lah.. and can use for a long time.. those still thinking of which capella stroller to get.. i would recommend S705 that model.. pay slightly more to get a better one... the other 2 models are having a promotion at 15-20% discount but its not as spacious as S705.. if your baby has long legs and will sleep in it, their legs would be "dangling"... but this usually will be in the later stage when they are 3yrs old.... quite dangerous i felt. :)

breastpads - I have no idea which kind should i get? any recommendations? Like disposable ones? or whatever? brand?

maternity pads - this too! have no idea how much to get and which kind to get...!

breast pumps - was thinking to get Avent or Medela. However most of my friends ask me to get the breast pump AFTER i deliver.. afraid i might not have that much to pump.. but when i read on books about breastfeeding, i understand that all mothers should have breastmilk... the more feeds the more milk supply... correct me if i am wrong.. and usually the flow comes in after 3rd day.. 1st 3 days is Colostrum which is the BEst milk for baby and will be not much but sufficient for baby... so i am still not sure to get it before deliver or after... -.-"
 
Hi,

For those interested in nursing bras, I saw a pretty good deal at the John Little Expo Sales.

$5.90 for one pair. The brand is Jean Greuze. There is also another brand at $9.90.

Whitey,
You have done such good research of deals at the fair. I missed out so much as I went on Friday before reading your summary. Sob sob.
 
Dear Lilac,

Just read abt what happened to you. I'll also keep you in prayers too. Take care and you'll be well v soon. Have faith for our God is a healer.
 
gerald,

thanks for checking. yep, hb n i quite like the coccoro, i'm drawn to the pastel colours, but seems like the colours available in sg are quite limited, so far we only saw the pink, blue and green ones. but we have not really decided yet. still trying to see if there is a better buy.
 
mummies,

anyone got a playpen from the expo? or knows anywhere that has a good deal on a playpen?

also, mummies who have bought things from kidzloft, can we only use the voucher with our gynae card 1 time only? i went there that day to get some stuff but now feel like getting more stuff from there, so wondering if the discounts still available to me since i've already used it once? because their voucher says "1 time" use only.
 
Princess,
how much is the capella u bought at Mothercare b4 the discount? was recommended it yesterday at the baby kingdom and was impressed by the easy handling as in closing and opening compared to Peg perego, our initial choice. now a little bit sway to buy the capella S705 too. It cost $369 at Baby kingdom. wonder how much u got urs??

but the colours very limited, only blue and orangy-red.
 
*milkway*
Before discount it's $369. This price is the same at every shop i go to. But the most discount i saw usually is 10%.. so when it has 15% discount last week, i just bought it. Saved about 50bucks. One thing bad is the COLOUR RANGE loh... end up i bought the orange-red color instead of the Blue one even though it's nicer plus i'm having a prince..
 



Back
Top